Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2014 4:47 AM

May 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow, Aomine is crying!
Jul 15, 2014 7:12 AM

Oct 2013
I saw the raw spoilers! And... WOW! The whole of Seirin is behind the second door! Aomine's crying! Gahh hurry up translators!
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Jul 15, 2014 8:27 AM

Sep 2013
After weeks upon weeks of unimaginative jokes about Kagami flying and dunking from half court, it turns out that Fujimaki has trolled all the tireless knee-jerkers again. There is no zone beyond the zone. The promise of an even greater individual power is illusory. Once you are playing at 100%, the only way you can make an even bigger positive impact toward the match is by being in sync with your teammates.

Both Aomine and Kagami (until now) had taken the burden of winning the match upon themselves and lost sight of the bigger picture. For Aomine, he was like "my teammates are useless, I need to do this on my own", while for Kagami it was more like "I need to step up and be the ace. My teammates give me strength, but I'll win the match for them on my own". On the surface, the trains of thoughts are very different, but they reflect the same solo mentality. Notice that Kagami tried to involve his teammates when he was in the zone against Yosen, but you can tell that his play was still very much individualistic.

The symbolism is a little too obtrusive for my taste, but that is kind of KnB's narrative style.

It somewhat makes sense that Kagami and Aomine are both seeing Kuroko as the 'symbolic' guardian of the second door as they are similar in style and personality, as well as having a strong connection to Kuroko.
TorribleJul 15, 2014 9:44 AM
Jul 15, 2014 9:32 AM

May 2010
oh god this is so much better than what i feared would happen (no matter how i liked kagami go insane ^^). i said it often enough..i hate how the zone became solution to everything..and this "synchro" thing he unlocked probably allows him to do perfect plays with his teammates..which absolutely makes sense because seirins strength was always teamplay.

the last thing i wanted to see is kagami vs rakuzan instead of seirin vs rakuzan in the final minutes.

the final page..woaaah..and kagami is ABOVE GoM level and not only because of infinite stamina.

waiting for translation.
Jul 15, 2014 9:50 AM

Oct 2013
Fujimaki Tadatoshi, will you marry me?

Edit:

Thank you for the explanation. This was perfect. Classic KnB. Just the way I love it.

Jul 15, 2014 10:27 AM

Sep 2013
NoongaJuice said:
Fujimaki Tadatoshi, will you marry me?

Thank you for the explanation. This was perfect. Classic KnB. Just the way I love it.

No problem. It's only my interpretation though. I could still be wrong. My guess is, since anyone who is in the zone has heightened senses, he is not only very acutely aware of the movement of his opponents but his teammates as well. Thus, he is more or less already capable of linking well with his teammates. But the intoxicating powerup as a result of being in the zone tends to lead to a solo playstyle. So paradoxically, being the zone inhibits one from seeing the true potential of the zone. The trouble is, Akashi, being the best PG in the series and being in the zone, should be able to easily replicate what Kagami is doing, which is subtlely directing the movement of his teammates (Akashi literally means Red Commander) but we'll see what happens in the next chapter.
TorribleJul 15, 2014 10:34 AM
Jul 16, 2014 1:11 AM

Mar 2014
Passing beyond superhuman !!
Aomine cries .. The Whole Seirin is on the second door !! Kuroko its guardian !!
Very great chapter !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2014 1:46 AM

Oct 2013
Torrible said:

No problem. It's only my interpretation though. I could still be wrong. My guess is, since anyone who is in the zone has heightened senses, he is not only very acutely aware of the movement of his opponents but his teammates as well. Thus, he is more or less already capable of linking well with his teammates. But the intoxicating powerup as a result of being in the zone tends to lead to a solo playstyle. So paradoxically, being the zone inhibits one from seeing the true potential of the zone. The trouble is, Akashi, being the best PG in the series and being in the zone, should be able to easily replicate what Kagami is doing, which is subtlely directing the movement of his teammates (Akashi literally means Red Commander) but we'll see what happens in the next chapter.

Yeah, I too thought that, and I hate to use the term 'Nakama power', but I just don't think Rakuzan's teamwork is at the same level as Seirin's. If I remember correctly, Rakuzan's first use of teamwork (in both of their matches) was Mayuzumi's Alley-oop to Nebuya. If I'm wrong, the fact stands that they hardly use teamwork in their matches. This compared to Seirin, (with their run and gun style) who has the one man who assists more than anyone-Kuroko- just leads me to believe Seirin is stronger.

Well, I hope Fujimaki has something planned to prove me otherwise ^_^

Edit: Also, I've read the translations, and they support your arguements. You can find them on a tumblr blog called O cursed spite (I think. I'm not so familiar with tublr)
NotJustJuiceJul 17, 2014 1:06 AM

Jul 16, 2014 3:25 PM

Jan 2009
so its not Zone 2 afterall lol
Jul 16, 2014 4:39 PM

Jul 2013
Thank god it's not super zone 2 which goes beyond further. I was afraid that zone 2 will let kagami teleport from court to court.
Jul 19, 2014 9:34 PM

May 2013
So the door has opened. That was cool having the whole team behind that door.
Jul 19, 2014 9:47 PM

Aug 2011
8 pages? Wtf are you doing scanlators?
Jul 19, 2014 10:12 PM

Jun 2013
At least "the second door" makes more sense than the last 15 chapters.
Jul 19, 2014 10:29 PM

Apr 2011
I couldn't stop laughing when the scans I read had kagami say "for the sake of my nakama...!!!"
Dec 2013
8 pages what the heck?! nevermind, I'll just read the raw version (-__-)

Jul 2013
I said the ending would be about teamwork and not soloing in the last chapters discussion.
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Jul 19, 2014 10:58 PM

Nov 2011
Heh 8 pages.

AirMan030 said:
I couldn't stop laughing when the scans I read had kagami say "for the sake of my nakama...!!!"

I lol'd too. Ah Kagami :)
Jul 19, 2014 11:07 PM

Jun 2013
I'm really pissed with KnB now... I mean a 2nd zone? What??
Jul 20, 2014 12:04 AM

Apr 2014
so teamwork it is...and that's the reason why daiki can't enter it eh.

8 pages =_=
Jul 20, 2014 12:16 AM

May 2014
Looks like the only zone Kuroko's getting is the friend zone!
No but seriously, I really hope that the guy who's fucking name is in the title, does something to help out the team win the finals.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jul 20, 2014 2:34 AM

Jan 2014
this chapter was awesome..never expected Aomine to be that emotional...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jul 20, 2014 3:03 AM

Mar 2011
Jesus fucking christ such a beautiful scene the most beautiful scene in all of kurobas scenes kind of teared up a little bit when I read it :')
Jul 20, 2014 3:53 AM

Jul 2013
Kinda felt anticlimactic after all the hype but at least it's not something ridiculously stupid.
Jul 20, 2014 3:54 AM

Jul 2008
Well done, I'm so glad they didnt went along with the whole super saiy... ehhh zone 2 crap and just did something more symbolic.

Kuroko being the heart, sounds legit, plus he has shown us before that he's the one connecting Kagami to the group in a way the senpai cant do.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Jul 20, 2014 3:55 AM

Oct 2007
Just showed what Aomine could have achieved with Kuroko, if he didn't turn his back on him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2014 4:20 AM
Mar 2013
Torrible said:
After weeks upon weeks of unimaginative jokes about Kagami flying and dunking from half court, it turns out that Fujimaki has trolled all the tireless knee-jerkers again. There is no zone beyond the zone. The promise of an even greater individual power is illusory. Once you are playing at 100%, the only way you can make an even bigger positive impact toward the match is by being in sync with your teammates.

Both Aomine and Kagami (until now) had taken the burden of winning the match upon themselves and lost sight of the bigger picture. For Aomine, he was like "my teammates are useless, I need to do this on my own", while for Kagami it was more like "I need to step up and be the ace. My teammates give me strength, but I'll win the match for them on my own". On the surface, the trains of thoughts are very different, but they reflect the same solo mentality. Notice that Kagami tried to involve his teammates when he was in the zone against Yosen, but you can tell that his play was still very much individualistic.

The symbolism is a little too obtrusive for my taste, but that is kind of KnB's narrative style.

It somewhat makes sense that Kagami and Aomine are both seeing Kuroko as the 'symbolic' guardian of the second door as they are similar in style and personality, as well as having a strong connection to Kuroko.

This!!

Raycee said:
Thank god it's not super zone 2 which goes beyond further. I was afraid that zone 2 will let kagami teleport from court to court.

LOL bro XD

LPGeneratorx said:
No but seriously, I really hope that the guy who's fucking name is in the title, does something to help out the team win the finals.

Hahaha
Jul 20, 2014 4:45 AM

Oct 2013
LPGeneratorx said:

Heh. Well, Kuroko has been part of the match winning play against all of Seirin's games against the GoM, so I wouldn't count him out yet. Or ever, actually. XD

AirMan030 said:

Me too. It's almost like Fujimaki wants to spur on the haters. Lol

Jul 20, 2014 5:29 AM

Jul 2008
Not really unexpected. The execution is done well IMO.

Just read this chapter after teamwork made Manila West win the FIBA 3x3 Manila leg just an hour or so ago LOL.
entropy13Jul 20, 2014 11:13 AM
Jul 20, 2014 6:53 AM

Jul 2008
FiiFO said:
Just showed what Aomine could have achieved with Kuroko, if he didn't turn his back on him.

Well... Tetsu did improved tremendously by having Aomine as his opponent.
So even if Aomine would have stayed being his light I don't think they would have been as powerful at this point (first year Winter Cup Final) as Kagami and Tetsu are now.

But you never know, it might have come later.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Jul 20, 2014 8:17 AM
Jul 2014
will they be able to beat Rakuzan, or will it be like the previous time that they will get eliminated?
I Presonally think one time elimination is enough for them to win this one and set it straight with Akashi. Still a mind-twist that he has two personalities. Not that it was Not expected, but still..
Jul 20, 2014 12:11 PM

Aug 2011
LOL screw this manga
dat Gatkeeper twist, who even cares
Jul 20, 2014 1:05 PM

Aug 2012
Shit hits the fan now. Didn't see the gatekeeper stuff coming. I hope we'll get a nice climax for this looooong game.
Jul 20, 2014 1:40 PM

Feb 2012
Damn that was really unexpected, we all wanted SSJ 2 Zone, and we got this, S/O to the mangaka for keeping it real.

And lol at the last page, that was Akashi right? They passed him like he wasn't even there, Emperor is falling. :(
Jul 20, 2014 2:27 PM

Jan 2014
Come to think of it, is Aomine like a zone professor or something?
He seems to know a lot for someone who was "bored" of basketball.
Jul 20, 2014 5:14 PM

Dec 2011
I was right, the gatekeeper is Kuroko. But I didn't expect that it would work on the same fashion as Akashi's Zone. At least it is less ridiculous than a real super Zone.
Jul 20, 2014 6:21 PM

Jul 2014
LPGeneratorx said:

Bro They still have 7 points to go. For all you know Kuroko can score all those points to win the game.
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jul 21, 2014 9:54 AM

May 2012
Aomine crying,.

Jul 21, 2014 12:30 PM
Jun 2014
Serioulsy ?! Kuroko is the guardian !! So what you can only access zone 2 if he is in your team ?
Jul 21, 2014 1:10 PM

Dec 2012
Woah! Direct Drive Zone.

Wonder what how Akashi will respond. Zone 2 vs 5 man zone
Jul 21, 2014 3:55 PM

Jul 2011
i laughed at the end of the chapter because i saw it coming. C'mon everyone were screaming for seirin and cheering for them, i saw some nakama's power in this match. I don't think its lame because the whole manga is about teamwork and nakama's power it was not a surprise that they would win this way (still thinking they'll win) and its a good explanation the reason why kagami can use the second zone and aomine can't
Jul 22, 2014 2:34 AM

Mar 2012
Woot, Zone 2, it doesn't really exist. I was gonna say that it'd be really stupid for the end of the game to have Kagami go zone 2 Saiyan vs Rakuzen's team style (after being united by Akashi).

Seirin returns to the core of their basketball: teamwork. And of course, Kuroko is the key!
Jul 22, 2014 9:26 AM

Jun 2010
AirMan030 said:

THIS. That was so hilarious.
Jul 22, 2014 12:28 PM

Jul 2008
hidrag said:
Serioulsy ?! Kuroko is the guardian !! So what you can only access zone 2 if he is in your team ?

No, yer seeing it too literal.

Aomine also saw Kuroko when trying to reach zone2 because Kuroko was the heart of Teikou just like he is of Seirin, heart in playmaking and keeping certain players straight.

However, everyone can be the guardian of someone their gate, its just that for Kagami and Aomine both the lights of Kuroko's shadow they see him as gatekeeper/ one to accept.
Jul 23, 2014 5:20 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty sure this series is going to come to end now. I don't think they would continue it after this game right?
Jul 24, 2014 9:48 AM

Jul 2008
KumaKing said:
Pretty sure this series is going to come to end now. I don't think they would continue it after this game right?

Who knows, perhaps a Nation Cup ? or a friend of Himuro and Kagami back in the States invites them to a tournament or something and they bring the GoM with them.

Idk, but it does looks like it will end soon story wise, but who knows, it is insanely popular.
Jul 28, 2014 8:28 PM

Dec 2011
How corny. But still, great execution of the message.
Jul 31, 2014 5:23 AM

Jun 2011
Meh, even shittier chapter than the last one. Geezus now the author is really just pushing it for Seirin. Sigh.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 27, 2014 8:09 PM
Aug 2011
Dammit Kagami you had to go and invoke nakama power to it's fullest.

However Aomine Daiki laughing and crying was 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10.
It's okay boo, you'll have friends someday.
Jan 21, 2015 11:39 AM

May 2014
You thought it was a gatekeeper, BUT IT WAS ME KUROKO.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jul 11, 2015 3:28 PM
Jul 2015
is kuroko the gatekeeper to everyone's zone or just for aomine and kagami..?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Chapter 13 Discussion

Faust721 - Mar 15, 2009

5 by LightNoragami1 »»
Sep 10, 2023 10:55 AM

» Top 5 "Generation of Miracles" ( 1 2 )

Fumito - Sep 4, 2012

72 by weraaa »»
Mar 27, 2023 12:12 PM

» Kuroko no basket team maker

nikz200 - Nov 4, 2014

6 by LEYODD192 »»
Sep 25, 2022 12:22 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Torrible - Aug 27, 2014

72 by Kitsu-nee »»
Mar 8, 2022 4:21 PM

» Will Kuroko ever enter the zone?

okomiyaki - May 11, 2013

19 by Melih_Atas »»
Oct 21, 2018 4:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.