Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2014 10:37 AM
Jul 2014
l like it, but i also think it's bullshit. You see how big that crater is? Aim 5 more inches to the right and Toriko is disintegrated completely why didn't the horse do that? Obviously, because Toriko is the main character and he has to survive somehow. So my conclusion is that it was epic, but unnecessary because Toriko will survive because of plot reason's. Hearcles didn't kill toriko because of the plot and when the plot dictates how your characters act and not the characters themselves I have to call bullshit even if what happened was cool.
Jul 15, 2014 10:50 AM

Dec 2012
itsxtray said:
l like it, but i also think it's bullshit. You see how big that crater is? Aim 5 more inches to the right and Toriko is disintegrated completely why didn't the horse do that? Obviously, because Toriko is the main character and he has to survive somehow. So my conclusion is that it was epic, but unnecessary because Toriko will survive because of plot reason's. Hearcles didn't kill toriko because of the plot and when the plot dictates how your characters act and not the characters themselves I have to call bullshit even if what happened was cool.

If you look at Hercules on the last few pages
It looks almost as if Hercules pity Toriko.

I mean Toriko did just go into a losing battle.
That would explain why Hercules didn't completely kill Toriko. It was more like punishment and putting the small guy in his place.
This is an gourmet world creature, so he not stupid. More intelligent than you think
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online
Jul 15, 2014 11:47 AM

Sep 2013
^ Toriko is like a bacteria compared to Heracles, the blast just missed a bit.

:O damn HE DIDN'T EVEN LAST 5 SECONDS XD hahaha WTF

Heracles is Germany :D
Toriko is Brazil ;)

Toriko probably has serious regen now or it's a clone of some kind or it's intimidation (highly unlikely)
Just realized it was just a air shot so it has NO appetite energy :) so Toriko can recover.
ichii_1Jul 15, 2014 11:58 AM
Jul 15, 2014 11:59 AM

May 2013
No. Fucking. Way.

Toriko just got decimated in literally 1 hit at full power.
Heracles wasn't even trying...He just exhaled on Toriko and created an insanely huge hole and made the other half of Toriko's body disappear...

Toriko is NO WHERE near defeating any of the 8 Kings...
Jul 15, 2014 12:11 PM

Nov 2012
SOExclusive said:
itsxtray said:

That would explain why Hercules didn't completely kill Toriko. It was more like punishment and putting the small guy in his place.
This is an gourmet world creature, so he not stupid. More intelligent than you think

i agree, heracles's expression and how he walked away its clearly that he was dissapointed.
Jul 15, 2014 12:30 PM
Jul 2014
SOExclusive said:
itsxtray said:

Toriko the manga is a story, stories need to build tension to remain interesting/entertaining so how does mitsutoshi do this? he puts toriko up against heracles, but there's a problem Toriko can't die b/c he's the main character, so what happens? Heracles just so happen to "miss" Toriko completed ONLY b/c toriko is the main character it's plot convenience. this reminds me of those shows and movies where the bad guy doesn't kill the main character for some dumb reason, and then the main character comes back later and defeats him it's sloppy writing.
Jul 15, 2014 1:07 PM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. Shot down in one shot. My goodness... I wonder if his cells evolved to the point he can recover just like how Ichiryuu did in his match with Midora.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2014 8:41 PM

Aug 2013
Heracles is so op! I feel like if he actually decided to aim that right, Toriko'd be dead. I can see why the chapter is called "VS Heracles" and not "Toriko VS Heracles" cause Toriko couldn't even fight back. Komatsu better hurry up with AIR if he wants Toriko to survive
Jul 16, 2014 2:53 AM

Mar 2013
Wow

It's pretty clear that Hercules didn't take Toriko seriously even before he exhaled on him
Jul 16, 2014 10:44 AM

Jun 2013
k11chi said:
OMFG
Jul 17, 2014 8:03 PM

Jun 2008
itsxtray said:
SOExclusive said:

Toriko the manga is a story, stories need to build tension to remain interesting/entertaining so how does mitsutoshi do this? he puts toriko up against heracles, but there's a problem Toriko can't die b/c he's the main character, so what happens? Heracles just so happen to "miss" Toriko completed ONLY b/c toriko is the main character it's plot convenience. this reminds me of those shows and movies where the bad guy doesn't kill the main character for some dumb reason, and then the main character comes back later and defeats him it's sloppy writing.

Damn that is the most stupid drivel i ever seen written. Why are brainless people like you trying to play the critical experts i will never know.
You wouldn't know what sloppy writing is even if it hit you in the head like a sledgehammer, stop trying to play the expert.

Yes Toriko obviously can't die, the whole manga has his got damn name on it but if that is suppose to mean that Toriko should never get into a mess threw the story then i don't know what boring shitty story you will ever write.
But people like you will jump at every time the character is over his head screaming how the character not dying is "sloppy writing" pretending like you incompetent twats actually have the brain capacity to critic what is and isn't sloppy writing when you don't even have basic understating how a story should be created.

It doesn't matter that Toriko will end up not dieing, that much is expected anyway, what matters is how is portrayed.
The "omg why didn't he finish Toriko off" thing you are yapping about is nothing but bullshit. Heracles doesn't even see Toriko as an opponent. He has no reason to try to be certain of his death. He just saw a small bug jump at him and he threw it off in a way. Nothing he will really care about. This isn't some big villain confessing his powers and secret plans to his main opponent and rival. If Toriko is still alive he gives no two shits about it.

Also the why didn't the breath took the whole body objection you are throwing is also ridiculous. Obviously you can't kill the guy that the manga is named after but that is not the point. The point is that such silly thing can easily be excused with "it just didn't". Yeah just like that because it's such a stupid question. He threw a small breath, Toriko maybe was lucky enough or his animal instinct reacted even for a millisecond and jumped slightly to his left, it matters not. Heracles wasn't even trying anyway. There are times i stepped on ants and they got lucky ending between the lines of the bottom of my shoe. Will you make a big deal on how the fucking ant is still alive when it shouldn't be after a whole human that is like a 1000 times bigger stepped on it?
Shit happens dude. Just shut up.
Jul 17, 2014 9:55 PM

Sep 2013
^

Someone will die again and be revived through Center :O just a heads up for the future :)
And 1 or 2 of the heavenly kings will die for real someday thou :O that's gonna be sad :(
Jul 21, 2014 1:33 AM
May 2011
I think we have the running gag of this series with that chapter: Toriko loses parts of his body.

It's the third time now, lol
Jun 2, 2017 11:12 PM

Aug 2013
Toriko's doing what Toriko does best, hyping something up to the next fucking dimension.
Aug 17, 2017 8:05 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, Toriko lost in an instant.
Apr 3, 2021 4:37 AM

Nov 2019
Well this was fast, wasn’t it?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toriko Chapter 39 Discussion

canephalanx - Mar 18, 2016

3 by PlasticRobot »»
Nov 4, 2023 6:33 PM

Poll: » Toriko Chapter 26 Discussion

Mana - Jan 9, 2017

4 by PlasticRobot »»
Nov 1, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Toriko Chapter 14 Discussion

Mana - Jan 9, 2017

4 by PlasticRobot »»
Oct 31, 2023 5:45 PM

Poll: » Toriko Chapter 9 Discussion

Mana - Jan 5, 2017

4 by PlasticRobot »»
Oct 30, 2023 11:05 AM

» Toriko Manga Sales

ichii_1 - Apr 3, 2015

41 by RikaHonjo »»
Aug 14, 2023 6:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.