Forum Settings
Forums

Hajime no Ippo: amount of episodes is wrong

New
Jul 14, 2014 12:38 PM
Aug 2008
As the title says, the amount of episodes for Hajime no Ippo is wrong. It should be 76 (which it actually was a few years ago), but at the moment it says 75. Please fix this mistake. Thank you.
Jul 14, 2014 12:47 PM

Nov 2010
False. That 76th episode is really a special released only on the DVDs, which is why it isn't on the TV entry.

Mod Edit: Please report threads that are in the wrong board and do not address it in the thread, thanks.
LunaJul 15, 2014 12:55 AM
Jul 14, 2014 2:26 PM

Oct 2009
But they really did do it without informing anyone, so how should people who already had it in their lists know it was split into two entries? And don't tell me everyone on MAL should regularly check Recent Entry Merges/Splits/Removals/Denials...
kuroshiroi said:
Split:
Split Rurouni Kenshin into two entries, the other entry is episode 95.
Split Hajime no Ippo into two entries, the other entry is episode 76.
Split Dirty Pair Flash into 3 entries, the other two entries are Dirty Pair Flash 2 & Dirty Pair Flash 3
Jul 15, 2014 12:54 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread Moved.
Jul 15, 2014 10:22 AM

Jan 2011
Serhiyko said:
But they really did do it without informing anyone, so how should people who already had it in their lists know it was split into two entries?

Checking that thread. Using MALgraph. Comparing lists with other people and seeing they have this 'special' when you don't.

It would be ludicrous for the mods to PM 42,645 users about the change (well, how ever many thousands at the time of the change).
Jul 15, 2014 11:03 AM

Oct 2009
lanblade said:
It would be ludicrous for the mods to PM 42,645 users about the change (well, how ever many thousands at the time of the change).

No, it would actually make a lot of sense to notify every potentially interested user of such changes (it's especially of current importance for manga so that people were able to adjust and correct their lists afterwards). Of course it should be done automatically via mass PM delivery or even specifically developed notify system
Or at least in such cases split entries should be marked as completed automatically, if the user had it as completed with all episodes watched in his list.

lanblade said:
Checking that thread.

Serhiyko said:
And don't tell me everyone on MAL should regularly check Recent Entry Merges/Splits/Removals/Denials...

^

lanblade said:
Using MALgraph.

Most people do not even know it exists

lanblade said:
Comparing lists with other people and seeing they have this 'special' when you don't.

Users are usually not so nit-picky or are only interested their own lists
SerhiykoJul 15, 2014 11:18 AM
Jul 15, 2014 1:32 PM

Jan 2011
But it wouldn't work for folks who have PMs turned off. Or too many PMs in their mail box. It would affect manga series too right? Quite often manga series are merged. ~flood of PMs~ ~those who don't log on that often end up not having messages between regular folks delivered~

> Of course it should be done automatically via mass PM delivery or even specifically developed notify system .Or at least in such cases split entries should be marked as completed automatically, if the user had it as completed with all episodes watched in his list.

Damn son, we can't even get the PM system to display notifications properly and you want something that fancy. Shooting for the stars aren't cha'.

> Users are usually not so nit-picky or are only interested their own lists

Then users wouldn't be so nit-picky to have 1 episode accounted for in a different location if they don't do any of the 3 previous things. ¯(ツ)/¯
They still have the same duration watch count though as the half hour is still accounted for in the main entry.
Jul 15, 2014 2:36 PM

Oct 2009
lanblade said:
But it wouldn't work for folks who have PMs turned off.

That is their problem now

lanblade said:
Or too many PMs in their mail box. It would affect manga series too right? Quite often manga series are merged. ~flood of PMs~ ~those who don't log on that often end up not having messages between regular folks delivered~

Lies, you can't send messages when your mail box is full, but you can receive them just fine

lanblade said:
Shooting for the stars aren't cha'.

Yes

lanblade said:
Then users wouldn't be so nit-picky to have 1 episode accounted for in a different location if they don't do any of the 3 previous things. ¯(ツ)/¯

I meant they are not so nit-picky about other people's lists, but not their own
Jul 15, 2014 3:24 PM

Jan 2011
Serhiyko said:
lanblade said:
But it wouldn't work for folks who have PMs turned off.

That is their problem now

*Xinil's problem now
As he's the only one who can do that no holds barred.

Serhiyko said:
lanblade said:
Or too many PMs in their mail box. It would affect manga series too right? Quite often manga series are merged. ~flood of PMs~ ~those who don't log on that often end up not having messages between regular folks delivered~

Lies, you can't send messages when your mail box is full, but you can receive them just fine

Really? I wasn't able to receive messages last year when I was trying to send myself a message through my other account because this account had too many. Ended up cleaning out the whole inbox and then the were able to come in fine. ah, ghetto inbox is forever being ghetto.

Serhiyko said:
lanblade said:

I meant they are not so nit-picky about other people's lists, but not their own

If they were nit-picky, then they would have discovered those 3 methods of keeping their lists ~prim and proper~. But most folks aren't. Passive creatures they are.
Or even them posting on the forum "how can I tell of the episode count changed on an anime on my list?". But I literally have never seen anyone make a post for that.

Oh! There's also those browser scripts to remove anime you already have on your list. So then the split entry's new entry wouldn't be on our lists and thus, be displayed when surfing MAL. 4 solutions! :O

Granted it's not as nice as a built-in feature, hell, we still have OEL in the advanced search bar on the manga DB. Changes in coding are a dream of a dream. ;o;
If only Crave Online allowed volunteers to help. But they don't~

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Modification Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - May 15, 2016

8683 by Iranai_Sonsai »»
10 hours ago

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

681 by SurgingSoulZX »»
10 hours ago

» My Daemon ( 1 2 )

marcolacson - Nov 26, 2023

50 by veduHMY »»
Yesterday, 3:36 PM

» will the Scott Pilgrim anime be added to the database? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GanjiTheDude - Mar 30, 2023

756 by YoshiYogurt »»
Apr 20, 1:12 PM

» Could we stop having Justin Cook at the start of every anime entry's staff list?

El-Melloi - Jul 29, 2023

10 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 20, 11:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.