Forum Settings
Forums

New 'Dragon Ball Z' Movie Announced for Spring 2015

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 3, 2014 5:42 AM

Jun 2007
DarkMorpher said:
This is already marked as a Sequel, was this confirmed?

Yep

"This time will of course be a continuation of the previous Battle of Gods" - Toriyama Akira
Aug 3, 2014 11:47 PM
Aug 2013
I don't expect too much.
ShadowRealmJul 26, 2015 4:11 AM
Aug 4, 2014 12:21 AM
Jul 2008
Hopefully it's not gonna suck like all the new stuff Toriyama has been putting out recently. I love my DBZ and more releases is always better but I think he's like 20 years too late and lost his touch. If he'd quit with the goofy stuff, and have a serious sotryline it'd be great.
Aug 11, 2014 5:29 AM
Mar 2011
Hope this movie will be more serious, than the last one because the last was just some kind of fanservice to make characters interact, fight and some comedy without actually a real plot. But this one, from the preview, seems to be better.
Aug 11, 2014 6:37 AM

Jul 2014
Toddler_Naruto said:
I wonder if DBZ series will ever die off into obscurity...

Anyways, looking forward to watching the eventual dub, I've been a fan of the show since I was 8.

Doubt it. The generation that grew up with it is still young, and are still excited for new things releases. Meanwhile, we get other people in the hype, and there's Kai to attrack new ones......imo, DBZ is a must watch for anybody that likes anime, now and forever.
Aug 12, 2014 10:34 PM

Dec 2012
i just hope vegeta gets the glory this time arround
Aug 13, 2014 8:16 PM

Dec 2007
naens said:
Hope this movie will be more serious, than the last one because the last was just some kind of fanservice to make characters interact, fight and some comedy without actually a real plot. But this one, from the preview, seems to be better.

DBZ would be better as a comedy, honestly. The character development is pretty much nil, so why bother being "serious"?
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Aug 14, 2014 1:01 AM
Mar 2011
SageShinigami said:
DBZ would be better as a comedy, honestly. The character development is pretty much nil, so why bother being "serious"?
We already had enough DBZ comedy movies, so there is no need for another one. And the comedy is never really good in these movies, it's average or bad.
Aug 15, 2014 7:40 PM

Aug 2013
SageShinigami said:
naens said:

That is factually incorrect. Gohan, Vegeta, Piccolo, Videl underwent character development in DBZ while Goku underwent character development from Dragon Ball to DBZ and Tien and Yamcha underwent character development in Dragon Ball.
Aug 17, 2014 2:54 PM

Jul 2014
DrGeroCreation said:
SageShinigami said:

That is factually incorrect. Gohan, Vegeta, Piccolo, Videl underwent character development in DBZ while Goku underwent character development from Dragon Ball to DBZ and Tien and Yamcha underwent character development in Dragon Ball.

Goku didn't have any kind of development. Goku has been the same character through the entire series. He's only been through physical changes, but mentally, he's the same kid that trained with Krillin.
Aug 17, 2014 3:05 PM
Sep 2007
It's still hard to believe to me that Goku had children.

But he did had some mature moments - for instance when he way angry at Gohan for not listening to him when he became Super Saiyan on Namek for the first time.

I think he did matured as grew older, but he is still naive.

Bulma, Kuririn, Piccolo, and Vegeta had best development through series though.
Aug 18, 2014 2:57 AM

Jun 2011
Psajdak said:

Bulma, Kuririn, Piccolo, and Vegeta had best development through series though.

You included Bulma and Kuririn but no Goku..

The cover picture got me pumped, can't wait for this! Battle of God was a disappointment, and I hope there won't be any SSJG BS again, not to mention that terrible colour choice for the aura. Either go SSJ4 or just keep it at SSJ3/Fusion/(New Tech).
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 18, 2014 4:04 AM

Jul 2011
awesome news. cant wait for it. =D

hey hey, do you have smoked cheeze?
Nyoro~n
Aug 18, 2014 7:30 AM

Sep 2013
They sure are hyping this up thou :O
Just like Battle of Gods we'll know everything that happens before the movie even comes out XD

Arkthur_us said:
DrGeroCreation said:

Goku didn't have any kind of development. Goku has been the same character through the entire series. He's only been through physical changes, but mentally, he's the same kid that trained with Krillin.

No, when Goku was about to kill Kaioshin so Goku can go fight Vegeta, that was major development, I don't see kid Goku doing that.
Aug 25, 2014 7:41 PM

Oct 2012
Arkthur_us said:
DrGeroCreation said:

Oh boy.

I'm prepared to write an essay right now.

Most of Dragon Ball's characters have went through some form of character development. This is factual.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
3 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Today

3 by Maumuu »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
10 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.