Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 14, 2014 1:11 PM

Dec 2013
Phantom: Rftp

Should have ended on the dock. Cal's injection into the series left me cold from the beginning. Reminded me DTB S2, which was abominable (hero to abusive drunk, lovely).
Jul 14, 2014 2:05 PM

Jan 2014
Glad someone else mentioned Eureka 7. It's one of my all time favorites so Ao was a bit of a disappointment. To be fair, it would be hard to make a good sequel for Eureka 7, it really shouldn't even have a sequel because the story was pretty much wrapped up.

I'd say Index II was pretty bad compared to the first season. Was a lot heavier on the fan service and recycled the same plot over and over

Haven't watched Chuunibyou season 2 yet but seems like I might not want to, I really enjoyed the first season.
Jul 14, 2014 2:12 PM

Jun 2009
Gymkata said:

Should have ended on the dock. Cal's injection into the series left me cold from the beginning. Reminded me DTB S2, which was abominable (hero to abusive drunk, lovely).

that's not season 2 though...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2014 2:29 PM
Aug 2011
Chuunibyou.

Omg we held hands!!
In their relationship progress scale that act alone was equivalent to getting pregnant.
T'was nauseating.

Oh and it made me hate the entire cast except for maybe Isshiki and his boyfriend.
Jul 14, 2014 2:31 PM

Aug 2012
Darker than Black

Because they just changed the protagonist, added some shitty asspulls and made everything shittier

Clannad

Because it should have ended on the first season. No need to kill half of the cast with a completely unrealistic (and imaginary) disease.
Jul 14, 2014 2:53 PM

Nov 2013
Easily Infinite Stratos.

The second season was pointless since the fan service was not good.
Jul 14, 2014 2:55 PM

Jun 2013
DGemu said:
Easily Infinite Stratos.

Horrible first season and even worse second season.
Jul 14, 2014 4:06 PM

May 2012
DGemu said:
Easily Infinite Stratos.

Really ?

I personally enjoyed the fan service in both seasons, and both were funny. The characters are also cute.

I find it much more funny that those boring slice of life comedy shows that we see in every season like Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou, Gekkan and many others. Sex and panty jokes are more fun for me.

Vanser said:
The second season of Chuunibyou was one of the most boring anime I have ever seen. There was like zero character development. Also the second season of Code Geass sucked except for the ending.

As if the 1st season of Chuunibyou is not boring. Chuunibyou was boring for me from the start. Just watched few episodes and dropped it. I could not handle to watch something for 24 min without smiling.

Jul 14, 2014 4:07 PM

Jan 2014
Nikoka said:
I don't think Darker than Black S2 was that bad, sure it didn't even come close to the first season but on it's own it was fine. Chuunibyou Ren and DAL 2 were absolutely horrible.

Every season on it's own can be good. But a direct sequal, like what the second season of DTB was, is different. Because it dropped in quality and in bringing a good second half of the story, it failed
Jul 14, 2014 4:16 PM

Jun 2014
Has no one mentioned SAO?
Jul 14, 2014 4:23 PM

Jan 2013
Gymkata said:

Although there was no second season, the transitions definitely felt like a whole new season. Cal should have died along with her sister.

Jan 2014
ScazoN said:
Inb4 R2

I think Hakuoukis second season made the show even more horrible, the war, the new kits, the heroine, blegh.

That's where [spoiler] they suddenly gained supernatural powers and started being killed off for no reason right? The powers really decreased the historical appeal and turned it into a generic action anime.

May 2012
Gintokyo said:

SAO II so far is much better than SAO

Death gun > any of the villains in SAO

Shino > Asuna

The fights don't feel rushed like in SAO. Though we only saw one battle so far, in episode 2
Jul 14, 2014 4:29 PM

Jan 2014
Kolnikov said:
For me was the second season of Honey and Clover. Not even close to terrible, because was not bad, but since the first season is so fucking good, I was surprised with the drop of quality, excessive use of melodrama, repetitive actions and scenes, cut of the gold comedy and forced interactions in general. For me, they tried to hard to be realistic. Of course I'm probably the only one that think that way, since the 2nd season is much more praised than the 1st.

I would have to agree with the second season of Haruhi, what was that shit? Also, Code Geass R2. They say the latter seasons of Minami-ke is pretty bad, but I can't imagine that since the first season is already a bad joke.

I have to agree with the excessive melodrama in the second season. Some events and stuff were unnecessary. Can you explain why Code Geass R2 is bad? I haven't seen it in a long time but I feel like with it being mentioned so much in this thread, there's def something wrong with my memory.
Jul 14, 2014 4:40 PM

Jan 2014
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Darker Than Black, Chuunibyou

DTB turned from a great semi-episodic worldbuilding show into some convoluted plot with lolis that ended just as open-ended and unsaatisfyingly as the first season so it just managed to drag down the series without even giving it a conclusion.

Chuunibyou was just resetting everything basically, ignoring all the romance/drama of the first season and I just can't take it when shows like that decide to completely negate past developments just so they can do another season. Plus it wasn't even half as funny as the first season with the jokes all being old by now, so there was really nothing redeemable about the second season.

I like your explanation. Completely agree with everything.
Jul 14, 2014 4:53 PM

Dec 2013
Udgey said:
Gymkata said:

...the transitions definitely felt like a whole new season. Cal should have died along with her sister.

That and the time skip: the very things that added a season to my memory. And that absurd 2nd opening.
Jul 14, 2014 5:06 PM

Nov 2012
I greatly enjoyed r2. Unrelated, but I also gave NGNL 6/10. My point is everything's subjective in the end...
Jul 14, 2014 5:15 PM

Jun 2014
thepath said:
Gintokyo said:

SAO II so far is much better than SAO

SAO II =/= SAO season two.
I think he was talking about the second season of SAO I. The ALO arc.
Jul 14, 2014 5:31 PM

Aug 2013
Infinite Stratos 2

Not that the first was that great to begin with, but my god; that second one...
Jul 14, 2014 5:49 PM

Jan 2013
Rosario Vampire's second season, I remember it got worse.
And Kuroshitsuji 2 was pretty silly.
Please understand.
Jul 14, 2014 6:04 PM

Aug 2009
Freezing Vibration.It seems the male and female leads from the 1st season were reduced to supporting characters.
Jul 14, 2014 6:15 PM

Mar 2011
Zee530 said:

Kuroko no Basuke

lawl?

I don't even
Jul 14, 2014 6:20 PM

Jun 2014
Forgetfulness said:
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

SAO II =/= SAO season two.
I think he was talking about the second season of SAO I. The ALO arc.
ALO is not a separate season. It's a different arc
And each arc was ~13ep...
Jul 14, 2014 6:24 PM

Mar 2011
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
Forgetfulness said:
ALO is not a separate season. It's a different arc
And each arc was ~13ep...

Episodes don't matter. A single season can be 2 cour.
Jul 14, 2014 6:27 PM

Dec 2012
Kuroko no basket second season. Well it's not completely horrible. But it's so much worse than the first season.

It actually made re-watch the first season, and see if I liked the first season, because I was new with anime at the time, turns out that I actually find it quite good, and bumped the score from 8 to 9.
Jul 14, 2014 11:25 PM

Mar 2012
Vongole said:
K-On! Season 2 - first season was enjoyable. I was looking forward to the second one at that time but the songs got horrible and Yui's character became more exaggerated. Just no.
Wow, you have really awful taste

I admit enjoyed K-ON Season 1 a bit more after my recent re-watch but regardless Season 2 (And the movie for that matter) are better in pretty much every conceivable way.

Not only did Season 2 have far better pacing but it also had much stronger themes with more focus. Plus it also had better music, animation and more screen time for Azusa, Ui and Jun.

Now the Highschool and College manga... that's a different story

Forgetfulness said:
But Sinon is indeed better than every other girl so far combined
No shit she is

Jul 17, 2014 7:45 AM

Jun 2014
Chuunibyou Ren perhaps
Jul 17, 2014 8:22 AM
Jan 2013
Easily Chu2 Ren.

Also Date A Live II. The first season was bad as well, but damn, 2nd season took it to a whole other level of shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2014 8:50 PM

Jul 2012
Rastamepas said:
Zee530 said:

Kuroko no Basuke

lawl?

I don't even

I'd only say it's slightly worse than S1, but still stays strong.
Jul 17, 2014 9:57 PM
Dec 2013
Anemaw said:
ScazoN said:
Inb4 R2

I think Hakuoukis second season made the show even more horrible, the war, the new kits, the heroine, blegh.

That's where [spoiler] they suddenly gained supernatural powers and started being killed off for no reason right? The powers really decreased the historical appeal and turned it into a generic action anime.
[/spoiler]Yup.
Jul 17, 2014 10:00 PM

Jun 2011
Kuroshitsuji S2.

Jul 17, 2014 10:40 PM

May 2014
Maken-Ki 2 was terrible. I enjoyed the first season just enough to think watching season 2 would be worth it... big mistake. It has no plot to speak of and no character development at all. It just seemed to rely on the ecchi factor to maintain it's audience.
Jul 18, 2014 12:58 AM

Apr 2011
Kyuutoryuu said:
Infinite Stratos 2

Not that the first was that great to begin with, but my god; that second one...

Easily this one. The first season is not that great yeah, but still somewhat enjoyable. But this second season is just annoyingly disappointing. From the production alone, first episode broke out with so much QUALITY and straight out to filler. Horrible first episode, suddenly a filler, then you know something is wrong.
Jul 18, 2014 2:52 AM

Dec 2012
Chuunibyou-I was excited for season 2 since I liked the first but when I thought about it I realized that there wasn't really much potential for good new content and it would ultimately be pointless.

OreImo-It's like they took everything that kind of bothered me with season 1 and put it as the focus in the 2nd season.

Darker than Black-I know that if I looked for reasons I could probably find them easily but I just cared so little for that anime that I don't even think about it.
Jul 18, 2014 3:01 AM

May 2013
The second season of Code Geass and Kuroko's Basketball. My god, they were terrible.
Jul 18, 2014 3:05 AM

Apr 2012
Hulmy-chan said:
Easily Chu2 Ren.

This. Boring love triangle that never stood a chance. Same old gimmicks from season 1. The romantic progression was just hard to watch.

Jul 19, 2014 11:44 AM
Nov 2013
Kuroshitsuji II was just awfull...
Jul 19, 2014 4:40 PM
Jun 2013
skudoops said:
Bakemonogatari has a pretty bad second season.

It was shit.
Jul 19, 2014 4:55 PM

Jan 2012
gunslinger girl - really loved the first season but didn't even get through the second season! Ergh!

black butler - turned into some light yaoi and just seemingly forgot about the ending of the first season..... again... didn't finish!

hell girl - tbh i thought the first season was tedious and hard to get through until last few episodes where plot was existent, the second was just the same painful experience but the last episodes didn't even redeem it!
Jul 19, 2014 5:15 PM

Feb 2014
chuu2

still haven't brought myself to finish the last few episodes

Infinite Stratos s2 was so bad that I didn't even bother to put it on my dropped list
Jul 19, 2014 6:29 PM

Jul 2012
Mugiwara-chan said:
Kuroshitsuji II was just as awfull...

ftfy

kidding, it was slightly worse actually
Jul 19, 2014 8:23 PM
Jul 2014
Rosario vampire s2, the first season was bad, but the second season was horrible.

Date a live s2 was horrible aswell
Jul 30, 2014 11:44 AM

Nov 2013
Sword art Online II
Jul 30, 2014 11:45 AM
Jun 2013
Code gay ass....I like the name though.
Aug 4, 2014 5:09 AM

Jun 2012
I heard Eureka Seven AO was really bad compared to S1
also a lot of people didn't like Kakumeiki Valvrave S2 because of the ending, but liked the whole thing though I understand the problems.

Aug 4, 2014 6:14 AM

Dec 2010
ScazoN said:
Inb4 R2

Should've went for Kazama's route. everyone loves aniki. That, and making the show unnecessarily grimdark would've actually fit the premise. The 2nd season was fairly horrible, yeah.

I like Hakuouki, though. Simply because Boshin and the meiji restoration is a very unappreciated setting in anime. I think an anime could genuinely be educational if it set out to do so with a righteously good budget. Alas. We got to stick with good ol' Rurouni kenshin and... yeah. An otome, I suppose. Shit like I know what else is there.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 9 hours ago

27 by perseii »»
51 seconds ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 hours ago

31 by Archean-Return »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 5 hours ago

24 by Kurgo »»
9 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

170 by perseii »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - 1 hour ago

5 by Ratris_Decision »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.