Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan' to Receive TV Anime Adaptation

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 14, 2014 9:48 AM

Aug 2013
Armored insects? Chrome Shelled Regios? O__o

Black Master Swordsman. Alarm bells are ringing XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 14, 2014 9:48 AM

Nov 2012
Sensus_97 said:
Sounds too generic to me. Probably won't watch it.

You mean the superpower superlucky young man, right.
And after read the synopsis.. "Kanata Age is a young man who lives on the floating wizard academy.." as always, I soooo dont feel like watching it when it comes to any anime or another anything else that set in magic or mage or magus or wizard academy.
Jul 14, 2014 9:57 AM

Aug 2011
DarkDooM2 said:
"young man"
This was getting my hopes up just a little bit, until I googled the title. As expected, rather than a young man, he's just a little boy. I am thoroughly disappointed. Isn't there a LN like this that follows an actual man instead of a special snowflake boy?

No, because the target audience will feel alienated if the protagonist isn't a generic self-insert.

Anyway, I'll watch the first episode and see how it plays out, though I'm not really expecting anything out of it.

Jul 14, 2014 10:07 AM

Apr 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
Zefyris said:

Considering my tastes, that's not really a prize I can look forward to though. I'm not sure fantasia bunko ever published one single title interesting me (maybe full metal panic...?).

You gave the anime of Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi an 8

Ah, you're right, I completely missed that this one was from the same editor and got the big prize in 2009. I guess there is exception everywhere, there IS indeed a title I'm interested in in there. Although Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan looks less like Kamisama no inai nichiyoubi and more like the usual stuff that publisher does. A usual stuff that I have a hard time to appreciate.
Jul 14, 2014 10:47 AM
Aug 2011
"The story is set in a world where humanity, driven off the land by the threat of magical armored insects, now live in aerial floating cities. Thus wizards—aerial combat mages who fight the insects with magical powers—came into being.

Oh that actually sounds quite interesting!

Kanata Age is a young man who lives on the floating wizard academy city of 'Misutogan.'
One day, he is assigned as the instructor of... three girls—Misora Whitale, Lecty Eisenach, and Rico Flamel—with one or two peculiar quirks."

Okay nevermind I take it back. It was sounding interesting until...^
Jul 14, 2014 10:56 AM
Apr 2012
I swear the vast majority of people here don't know what positivity and optimism are. So many hating on a LN adaptation before it's started and hating on LN adaptations in general. Same old tired responses from people who do not know better.

I will be watching, premise sounds good and LN adaptations I will always put at the top of the queue, they rarely let me down.
Jul 14, 2014 11:27 AM

Jan 2013
mrspiral said:
Amiluhur said:
Literally most people are being negative over it. Why only single me and TNP out? Wanna pick a fight, dude?

Your the asshurt trio and you guys can be found in every single LN thread. It's really really hard not to single you out.

I wanna be the Asshurt Trio's black ranger!
Jul 14, 2014 11:36 AM

Nov 2011
Sounds a bit chuuni

Jul 14, 2014 11:38 AM
May 2010
I sense another black bullet...
Jul 14, 2014 12:03 PM

Jan 2013
Japanese LN's are so different from one another.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jul 14, 2014 12:05 PM

Jan 2013
This looks original as fuck.

Hoppy said:
I see that the LN adaptation refuses to die without a fight, but at least bring something better to the table, although I can't complain about the art this time, it is decent unlike the last one announced.

You realize most of the best selling anime of the last few years are Light Novel adaptations right?
Jul 14, 2014 12:11 PM

Jun 2008
ReaperCreeper said:
Sounds an awful lot like Black Bullet.

^Pretty much this! Wasn't a huge fan of that series either.
Jul 14, 2014 12:11 PM

Nov 2008
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
This looks original as fuck.

Hoppy said:
I see that the LN adaptation refuses to die without a fight, but at least bring something better to the table, although I can't complain about the art this time, it is decent unlike the last one announced.

You realize most of the best selling anime of the last few years are Light Novel adaptations right?

Yes, but as of late, we've been getting a ton of stinkers especially this year. The problem with LN adaptations is the lack of variety, there are a good variety of LNs in Japan but none of the unique or new concepts get adapted.

Jul 14, 2014 12:27 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Judging by the illustrations, I think it has a nice artwork. But the rest sounds so generic, unfortunately.
Jul 14, 2014 12:34 PM

Oct 2012
This sounds so terrible. It has potential, though.
Jul 14, 2014 12:50 PM

Jan 2014
Bengon said:
ReaperCreeper said:
Sounds an awful lot like Black Bullet.

Glad I'm not the only who realized a resemblance to Black Bullet.

I was going to say the same thing.. -_- and again it's seems too generic.
Jul 14, 2014 1:13 PM

Apr 2011
Amiluhur said:

Seriously, this medium almost looks like a complete joke at this point.

So the Anime medium is a joke to you? Last time I checked Japan doesn't give two fucks about pandering to your taste. Its all about what Japan wants, and that's it! Do you happen to frequent ANN?
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Jul 14, 2014 1:36 PM

May 2010
So this is Bug War crossed with edgy magical high school harem shenanigans.

Jul 14, 2014 1:49 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome! lol. Definitely going to Look forward tot this!
Jul 14, 2014 2:06 PM

Aug 2013
HungLikeaZombie said:
Amiluhur said:

Seriously, this medium almost looks like a complete joke at this point.

So the Anime medium is a joke to you? Last time I checked Japan doesn't give two fucks about pandering to your taste. Its all about what Japan wants, and that's it! Do you happen to frequent ANN?

By "this medium", i was referring to LN medium, not anime (Yeah, reading is hard but still . . ). And the fact that you're the only one to misinterpret my point kinda says something about you.

As to your second point, i kinda stopped visiting ANN forum back in 2012 thanks to getting constantly offended by their a-hole posters, though i still occasionally reading some of their articles (mainly Preview Guide and The X Button).
Jul 14, 2014 2:18 PM

Jun 2012
I can't wait to not watch this it looks awful
Dream Panda
Jul 14, 2014 2:46 PM

Nov 2013
Never heard of the title. On the list.
Jul 14, 2014 3:24 PM

Apr 2013
Amiluhur said:
HungLikeaZombie said:

By "this medium", i was referring to LN medium, not anime (Yeah, reading is hard but still . . ). And the fact that you're the only one to misinterpret my point kinda says something about you.

As to your second point, i kinda stopped visiting ANN forum back in 2012 thanks to getting constantly offended by their a-hole posters, though i still occasionally reading some of their articles (mainly Preview Guide and The X Button).

you don't get it do you? LN made into anime are but a small and non-representative part of the LN list. And this part is the only one the LN industry is bothering to adapt in anime.

Think about it a little. To begin with, anime for them is nothing more than a way to advertise for some of their series. The fact that they more often than not don't go out of their way to advertise via anime series for LN/novels titles outside of a very specific theme. I don't know, why do you think this is happening? Maybe because they associate the anime community with people liking that kind of theme, and therefore thinking that the anime community will be receptive to advertisement for that type of LN, and less for other themes ?

You're part of a few very "vocal" users on MAL who think that what they see as LN adaptation is the only thing that the impressively huge list of LN title has to offer. Looking down on the LN medium as a whole, without realizing the irony of your situation. That makes me seriously laugh. You're only watching anime adaptation of what the LN industry thinks you'll want to buy, so advertisement targeting a specific audience, nothing more. f you don't like the result, it's not that the LN medium is " a joke". It's that you don't enter in the targeted audience of those advertisements.
Jul 14, 2014 3:57 PM

May 2010
Zefyris said:
you don't get it do you? LN made into anime are but a small and non-representative part of the LN list. And this part is the only one the LN industry is bothering to adapt in anime.

Think about it a little. To begin with, anime for them is nothing more than a way to advertise for some of their series. The fact that they more often than not don't go out of their way to advertise via anime series for LN/novels titles outside of a very specific theme. I don't know, why do you think this is happening? Maybe because they associate the anime community with people liking that kind of theme, and therefore thinking that the anime community will be receptive to advertisement for that type of LN, and less for other themes ?

You're part of a few very "vocal" users on MAL who think that what they see as LN adaptation is the only thing that the impressively huge list of LN title has to offer. Looking down on the LN medium as a whole, without realizing the irony of your situation. That makes me seriously laugh. You're only watching anime adaptation of what the LN industry thinks you'll want to buy, so advertisement targeting a specific audience, nothing more. f you don't like the result, it's not that the LN medium is " a joke". It's that you don't enter in the targeted audience of those advertisements.

http://thecartdriver.com/5-light-novel-adaptations-announced-in-one-day-further-analysis/
Jul 14, 2014 4:12 PM
Apr 2013
I will probably give this one a chance but I don't think I am expecting much from it.
Jul 14, 2014 4:31 PM

Nov 2008
wrenchbread said:
Zefyris said:

http://thecartdriver.com/5-light-novel-adaptations-announced-in-one-day-further-analysis/

I can draw parallels to the mobile industry in Japan with some of the statements in that blog.

Jul 14, 2014 4:35 PM

May 2010
Hoppy said:

I can draw parallels to the mobile industry in Japan with some of the statements in that blog.

It's funny because there was a games journalist who tried out many different Japanese f2p mobile games and found they were all reskins of each other. Mechanically they were more or less identical.

Finally found the damn link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZvYZNunm_w

HungLikeaZombie said:
If you don't like 75% of this medium general, then maybe you just need to hang it up, and move onto another medium.

Yeah, come join the video game community. Creativity is at a high point now thanks in no small part to the indie community and we welcome you with open arms.
wrenchbreadJul 14, 2014 5:09 PM
Jul 14, 2014 4:48 PM

Apr 2011
Zefyris said:
Amiluhur said:

I don't even read LNs. I was mad at the fact that most people don't understand that its a Japanese product, being catered to a Japanese fan base. That is why we see these THEMES / GENRES. It just seems like 75% of the people here are always crying over the fact that this product was meant to be seen by the Japanese fan base, and nobody else. People crying over this isn't going to change the minds of these Authors Artists / Animation company's.

I will agree with the fact that 60% of LNs, and Manga don't get the treatment they deserve when being animated. However, this doesn't mean the anime is going to be bad in its own right.
HungLikeaZombieJul 14, 2014 5:01 PM
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Jul 14, 2014 6:07 PM

Sep 2013
Just shows that this is the superior series/medium XD
There are tons of serious non ecchi LN's] but they "DON'T BRING IN THE MONEY", meaning people don't buy them, meaning they're objectively sh!t.

Lol why don't all you haters buy all those supposedly great non ecchi series you love and what are some those series anyway?
They don't get adaptations because nobody (including you) buys them,all talk.
Jul 14, 2014 6:23 PM

May 2010
ichii_1 said:
people don't buy them, meaning they're objectively sh!t.

Jul 14, 2014 10:44 PM
May 2012
Fuck it, I'll watch this shit!!
Jul 14, 2014 11:03 PM

Nov 2008
wrenchbread said:
Hoppy said:

It's funny because there was a games journalist who tried out many different Japanese f2p mobile games and found they were all reskins of each other. Mechanically they were more or less identical.

Finally found the damn link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZvYZNunm_w

That was entertaining to watch and pretty much highlighted a few of the issues I have with the mobile industry.

Jul 14, 2014 11:23 PM
Jan 2010
Whoever writes these boilerplate synopses needs to be shot.
Jul 15, 2014 12:17 AM

Apr 2013

I facepalmed so much time reading this it's not even funny anymore. And yet I was still waiting for a proper conclusion, but there is not. Lost of time to read this, really, I was naive to believe something relevant would get out of such ridiculous article. Well, whatever, 4 of the 5 fall indeed in what I said earlier. You get that type of LN adapted, not because there's only that, but because the targeted audience while making advertisement (IE, anime) is more likely to like that than any other type of LN. Making an anime cost a lot. So obviously, if you're going to make an anime as an advertisement, you're better off choosing the product you're going to advertise for properly depending on the anime audience.

ichii_1 said:
Just shows that this is the superior series/medium XD
There are tons of serious non ecchi LN's] but they "DON'T BRING IN THE MONEY", meaning people don't buy them, meaning they're objectively sh!t.

Lol why don't all you haters buy all those supposedly great non ecchi series you love and what are some those series anyway?
They don't get adaptations because nobody (including you) buys them,all talk.

Just looking at any weekly report from oricon is enough to show that you're completely wrong. Non-ecchi stuff sells at least as well as ecchi stuff in LN. Heck, even the current best selling ( by volume) running series isn't ecchi. And it doesn't have an anime, and will probably never have.
So, not even pointing out that sales have nothing to do with quality, and that yes, thank you, I'm buying LN already (since I have more than 300 bought )....
...It's not about "not bringing the money" like you say. You aren't supposed to send to guys advertisement about products designed for women, and so on. Even in japan, people watching anime series on a regular basis are a minority. There is no point in doing a costly advertisement for something that isn't targeted toward that minority, even if among that minority some would indeed like to see something else. Doing an anime nowadays, even in one court, just cost too much for taking that kind of risk very often.
Jul 15, 2014 6:28 PM

Nov 2011
'
Oh man, that is one of the more idiotic articles i've read about LNs. Especially when you look at how different those series are.

NGNL? A harem? hah!

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jul 15, 2014 6:58 PM

May 2010
rederoin said:
'
Oh man, that is one of the more idiotic articles i've read about LNs. Especially when you look at how different those series are.

NGNL? A harem? hah!

"This depraved magical high school ecchi fanservice series is slightly different from this other depraved magical high school ecchi fanservice series!"

Functionally, you're not wrong, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjfXhTMObXY#t=323

"Your eyes are opening for the first time. It hurts, doesn't it?"
Jul 15, 2014 10:49 PM

Dec 2011
wrenchbread said:
rederoin said:
'

NGNL? A harem? hah!

"This depraved magical high school ecchi fanservice series is slightly different from this other depraved magical high school ecchi fanservice series!"

Yes because everyone knows NGNL is a depraved magical high school ecchi fanservice series... The very structure of that blog post is laughable. Hey here look at the front cover. Oh they've all got a picture of a girl on it! That must mean they are all exactly the same! Because everyone knows that any series that contain female characters must be clones of one another...
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 16, 2014 12:55 AM

Apr 2009
NGNL surely has no highschool setting, but it is full of harem allusions and to deny that is pretty strange.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 16, 2014 3:57 AM
Feb 2012
Yeah, NGNL is undoubtedly a harem. You'd have to be blind or completely in denial to not see it. That being said, it is better and more entertaining than your average shitty LN adaption (a group the trash this thread is dedicated to is a part of).
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 16, 2014 8:12 AM

Nov 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
NGNL surely has no highschool setting, but it is full of harem allusions and to deny that is pretty strange.

Its in no way a harem, you do know what a harem is right? Clannad, Green Green, Kanon, Highschool DxD etc..

wrenchbread said:
rederoin said:
'

NGNL? A harem? hah!

Only slightly different? Did you actually read/watch all those LNs?
rederoinJul 16, 2014 8:17 AM

Jul 16, 2014 8:18 AM

Sep 2013
Lol just because an anime has lots of girls it's a harem? XD
Hey Attack on Titan and Berserk has girls I guess they're harem right?

Most of them have to be in love (there are different types of love) and Stef is the only one like that.
Shiro? no (siblingy love)
Jibril? no (complicated friendship)
Izuna? no (friends)
Don't talk when you don't know sht, please :(
Jul 16, 2014 8:53 AM

Apr 2013
I don't even need to look further than the cover of the LN series I'm currently reading to know how much judging a book by its cover can lead to wrong conclusions. I mean, I want to see the face of a guy who seriously tried head on to read Kyoukaisen-jou no Horizon just based on its covers. Cute women with big boobs, right. Well, there is indeed cute women with big boobs inside. Just... Not going to go far before giving up with that kind of interest as you leitmotiv here lol.

Anyway, back on topic. Judging a book by its synopsis isn't especially a good idea either. Some synopsis are very awfully made, and some stories simply start from really cliché settings to develop into some awesome stuff. So let's not judge this LN by its synopsis, and neither by their covers, seriously. Or do I need to give a link of the news topic on MAL when mondaiji series anime adaptation was announced. So much fail in those pages. "harem ecchi " and so on. lol.
ZefyrisJul 16, 2014 8:57 AM
Jul 16, 2014 8:55 AM

May 2010
rederoin said:

In any debate, the burden of proof is on the person who makes a claim. You claimed that those LNs are all very different, so now you have to provide the proof for how they're different.

rederoin said:

Otherwise, let's not start this.
Jul 16, 2014 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
wrenchbread said:
rederoin said:

In any debate, the burden of proof is on the person who makes a claim. You claimed that those LNs are all very different, so now you have to provide the proof for how they're different.

rederoin said:

Otherwise, let's not start this.

Acteally, its not. I can just say you're the one who claimed that they are similiar, so this is going nowhere.

If you have not seen the series, then you can't make any claims about the series themselves. You don't even know what you're talking about.

Jul 16, 2014 9:07 AM

May 2010
rederoin said:

Acteally, its not. I can just say you're the one who claimed that they are similiar, so this is going nowhere.

If you have not seen the series, then you can't make any claims about the series themselves. You don't even know what you're talking about.

Maybe I should clarify that you made a definitive claim before I did. I first merely pasted a link that breaks down how similar these LNs are at a glance. You're saying they're very different in spite of that, that's OK, but, you provide no proof and is now trying to turn the burden of proof onto me while at the same time say I should shut up. So please, prove all of us wrong by detailing how different those series are. Otherwise, again, let's end it here.
Jul 16, 2014 9:07 AM

Oct 2007
Nidhoeggr said:
You can surely name three or more girls who are in love with Sora, right?
Jul 16, 2014 9:19 AM

Apr 2009
Zefyris said:
Or do I need to give a link of the news topic on MAL when mondaiji series anime adaptation was announced. So much fail in those pages. "harem ecchi " and so on. lol.

Because what we got was so much better...

Progeusz said:
Nidhoeggr said:
You can surely name three or more girls who are in love with Sora, right?

I never said it is a complete harem. But Jibril has a master-slave relationship going on with Sora, we have Steph who is always abused yet seems awfully clingy at times and then there is Shiro..and yes, there are incest hints. I am sure the furry loli of the last aniem arc regulary drops by later on as well. Once again, it isn't a complete harem, but it plays with these tropes in an obvious enough manner so that people - in combination witht he other tropes it has and how it develops its characters - can easily conclude that it panders to such a demographic.
And these pseudo-harem elements are surely getting more prominent in the past few years.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 16, 2014 9:34 AM

Nov 2011
wrenchbread said:

Maybe I should clarify that you made a definitive claim before I did. I first merely pasted a link that breaks down how similar these LNs are at a glance. You're saying they're very different in spite of that, that's OK, but, you provide no proof and is now trying to turn the burden of proof onto me while at the same time say I should shut up. So please, prove all of us wrong by detailing how different those series are. Otherwise, again, let's end it here.

In that case, we should just end it here since neither of us are backing up our claims. I have no intent of arguing this with somebody has not even seen the shows he's criticizing.

Jul 16, 2014 9:37 AM

Apr 2013

Better or not is beside the point, as it's all about personal taste. besides, Mondaiji is a series I gave a 5 to, LN and anime together, after I read the first 2 volumes, and I almost dropped it there.
In the end, after the first two volumes, the story become far more interesting, and it's currently a fairly decent read imo.
Anyway, leaving personal taste aside. It doesn't change the fact that people that were complaining about another ecchi/harem anime were completely and utterly wrong wrong about the content.
Which is enough to prove my point. Judging things with a synopsis or worse, a cover, will lead on a regular basis to wrong conclusions.
Jul 16, 2014 9:40 AM
Feb 2012
Zefyris said:

Better or not is beside the point, as it's all about personal taste. besides, Mondaiji is a series I gave a 5 to, LN and anime together, after I read the first 2 volumes, and I almost dropped it there.
In the end, after the first two volumes, the story become far more interesting, and it's currently a fairly decent read imo.
Anyway, leaving personal taste aside. It doesn't change the fact that people that were complaining about another ecchi/harem anime were completely and utterly wrong wrong about the content.
Which is enough to prove my point. Judging things with a synopsis or worse, a cover, will lead on a regular basis to wrong conclusions.

There might be exceptions here and there that (fortunately) prove certain people wrong. But the sad truth is, most of the time the nay-sayers are spot-on when calling something trash.
A few diamonds in a pile of steaming shit aren't enough to make you tolerate the smell.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

25 by CrazyFrogz »»
21 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
8 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.