Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2009 10:31 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Allright this episode wasn't as funny as the first episode, there wasn't non stop action and some parts were uselessly slow down when I was expecting some actions.
But at least the plot and the relations between characters are develloped and the music was really well used.
Aug 16, 2011 4:11 PM

Apr 2011
This episode did seem to plod a little bit, which is odd considering how much they're trying to do in just three hour-long shows. The fanservice quotient got turned down as well, other than the delicious 'skinship' scene between Cutey and the detective. Yuri kills evil nanomachines, who'd have thought? Cutey is really busty, especially compared to her rather more slender 'friend'. I kept expecting Na-chan to start nursing ... or was that wishing?

That's two more down of Panther Claw's top tier ... guess next episode we'll see the face-offs against Black Claw and Jill-sama herself. From the end of the first episode it looks like Jill is the first model android that Dr Kisuragi created, so I expect to see plenty of development in that regard.

After this I'll give Flash a try, but I don't think it'll be able to live up to this short-lived OVA series. :)
Jan 21, 2014 7:32 PM
Sep 2013
Heh different main director made a bigger difference then I thought (first episode was by Imaishi). This episode was alright.. Less fun and much slower though.

I like that the villain main motive is fun.
May 9, 2014 3:42 AM

Apr 2012
Delicious Na-chan.
Jun 9, 2017 2:35 PM

Sep 2015
I agree with a lot of people this episode wasn't as great. I just think it had serious pacing issues. And lacked a lot of the humor and zany energy Imaishi brought to the first one. Scarlet Claw was a real standout. Her version of the OP was kind of the funniest part. I did like the character development between Na-chan and Honey. Na-chan coming to her rescue at the end genuinely made me feel something. I like how this series tackles what's become the go to these days, in making a faux-intellectual superhero story. Does the mere existence of the Hero create all the trouble with the villains. And how responsible are they for the collateral damage of their battles. I just think this episode needed a bit more humor and energy. And the ending was super rushed.
Dec 3, 2017 2:20 PM

May 2012
Felt rather different than the first episode, but still really great if you ask me! Quite lovely action, progression and especially with that ending it was great! Looking forwards to see what the last episode has to offer!
Mar 6, 2018 10:14 PM

Jan 2015
Fun episode, again! Not as good as the first one though, I'll agree.

It was surprising to see the series pull off emotional scenes well!

Also, did anyone else get Devilman vibes with the hunt for Honey? Not including the cameo of Toei Akira and Miki, hahahaha.
Apr 4, 2018 8:51 AM

Nov 2016
Yeah, different than other episodes,but I thought the drama and emotional scenes were handled quite well.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 3, 2018 2:16 AM

Sep 2016
no wonder this wasnt as good as ep1 with a director thats not anno or imaishi.
im just hoping that ep3 will be great again since its directed by anno
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Jan 2, 2019 4:34 AM

Dec 2015
Not only did they made Honey cuter in appearance but also in behaviour.
The witch hunt reminded me of Devilman. And suddenly Ryo and Miki appeared on screen. ^^"

I thought we wouldn't get the old man but he was shown (only a second).

4/5 Looks like each OAV delivers its own mix, great !
Rei_IIIJan 2, 2019 7:11 AM
Mar 20, 2019 12:11 AM

Sep 2013
I guess I'm of the minority in my opinions of this series. I really didn't like the first episode, but this one was far better. It was more in line with the original series whereas the 1st episode was just zany and goofy and kind of annoying. I hope the 3rd episode is more plot driven and interesting like this one was.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 9, 2021 3:33 PM

Mar 2018
Best episode in my opinion. Scarlet Claw is amazing. First episode is a lot of fun too but not quite as much (it didn't have Scarlet Claw) and third episode is quite a bit less fun. Strange that other people didn't like this one as much.

Story was also a bit more interesting than the first episode, with the public perception of Honey being manipulated by Panther Claw.
Dec 25, 2022 9:21 AM

Apr 2016
Consensus seems to be this episode wasn't as good, and I can see why if the fun over-the-top antics of episode 1 was the appeal for you. I agree this wasn't as fun, but I still thought it was pretty good. I really liked Honey and the inspector's relationship was really cute, I'm a sucker for enemies-to-lovers. I also enjoy the relationship the villains have with each other. I'm not gonna say they're the most interesting villains in the world but the dynamics they have with one another definitely makes them more than one-dimensional cardboard cutouts who want to rule the world. 

Honey herself is really cute in this series too! I don't mean that in the sense I think she's attractive. I mean I do, but I also think her character here feels like more of an actual character than in previous entries I've seen, like how she falls into a depressive episode when the inspector tells her she's a nuisance and her little quirk where she eats a lot of food, it's adorable. I love that in this series she's a sex symbol but not a sex object, if that makes sense. 

There was also a lot of focus on politics throughout this episode with how much emphasis was placed on Honey's role as a hero contrasted to the ways justice is carried out by the police. I suspected this was Anno's doing, though apparently he didn't direct this episode? Not entirely sure on that, but I'd be surprised if he had zero role in that given his body of work. 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re: Cutie Honey Episode 1 Discussion

HooHiraiBunny - Oct 9, 2009

18 by Kuruna_Dagurasu »»
Sep 11, 2023 4:34 AM

Poll: » Re: Cutie Honey Episode 3 Discussion

shanejayell - Jun 3, 2009

24 by Hazosh »»
Aug 12, 2023 7:21 AM

» Has Anyone Seen The Movie?

Mizilla - Oct 2, 2010

2 by ChinskiaBajka »»
May 5, 2023 8:21 AM

» It just bugs me....

PenDraco - Oct 16, 2011

2 by removed-user »»
Apr 23, 2019 2:40 PM

» Soo, did Funimation actually license this?

Devdan - Mar 8, 2010

1 by Keirik »»
Apr 3, 2010 5:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.