Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you want Gon and Killua to become a couple at the end of the series?
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 17, 2014 2:24 PM

Jan 2010
Anarei said:
I think I'm starting to lose my respect for certain people here.. so much hypocrisy in this thread.
Why do people treat the idea of potential gay romance as some kind of abomination? And you also use age as an excuse to rant about it, while romance at Gon/Killua's current age is completely common?

I find it funny how some people here are freaking out about the fact that the OP even had the nerve to make a thread like this. Like that would increase the chance of potential romance in this show LOL.

Since it is the internet I usually don't give two shits about being politically correct. What if a bigger number of people really love to see true friendship portrayed beautifully in an anime without it getting romantic or sexual? One of the major reasons I love HxH is because of the friendship between Gon and Killua and tons of bromance between them, which is very different from romance. I am sure a good number of fans can relate to that friendship from their childhood. Sure some would still not have a problem if it became romance as time went on. But some would and that does not necessarily make them a homophobe.
Jul 18, 2014 5:09 AM

Apr 2014
jonnyhan said:
I am sure a good number of fans can relate to that friendship from their childhood.
I doubt that.
jonnyhan said:
But some would and that does not necessarily make them a homophobe.
Asserting that two people shouldn't be in love, because, if they were, it would ruin your idea of innocence, is a sort of discrimination. And in this case, it appears to be homophobic; although it is probably unintended.

For whatever reason, some people attach a cultural stigma to romance, implying that it cannot be as innocent as friendship. It's somewhat similar to the 'bros before hoes' shit.
jonnyhan said:
Such a friendship is somewhat uncommon in the bourgeois West, so I can understand how people can draw homosexual undertones. But I see none of that.
Togashi isn't someone who's remained untouched by westernization, and neither is the HxH-verse. So if you're saying that the subtext is unintentional, you're wrong. It's both intentional and deliberate. But the interpretation is left to the reader. Probably.
GaldiblowJul 18, 2014 5:27 AM
Jul 18, 2014 6:55 AM

Jun 2013
Sapewloth said:
You people clearly haven't been around the HxH dedicated part of tumblr yet. Gon x Killua is as canon as can be.

And lol @ the pedophile comments, really. Shipping doesn't have to involve anything sexual and it's perfectly possible and sane for two kids to love each other romantically (I mean, none of you ever had a crush in middle school? C'mon). Bet no one would bat an eyelash if Killua was a girl.

Morally sound shipping is morally sound. Don't be haten.

^
okurinnJul 18, 2014 7:04 AM
Jul 18, 2014 6:57 AM
Jan 2014
please no, dont do this to me...
Jul 18, 2014 8:45 AM

Jan 2010
Golden_Blue said:
jonnyhan said:
I am sure a good number of fans can relate to that friendship from their childhood.
I doubt that.
jonnyhan said:
But some would and that does not necessarily make them a homophobe.
Asserting that two people shouldn't be in love, because, if they were, it would ruin your idea of innocence, is a sort of discrimination. And in this case, it appears to be homophobic; although it is probably unintended.

For whatever reason, some people attach a cultural stigma to romance, implying that it cannot be as innocent as friendship. It's somewhat similar to the 'bros before hoes' shit.
jonnyhan said:
Such a friendship is somewhat uncommon in the bourgeois West, so I can understand how people can draw homosexual undertones. But I see none of that.
Togashi isn't someone who's remained untouched by westernization, and neither is the HxH-verse. So if you're saying that the subtext is unintentional, you're wrong. It's both intentional and deliberate. But the interpretation is left to the reader. Probably.

The very fact that you doubt it tells me you probably aren't aware of such close friendships. I have a good example, Clerks 1&2, the friendship between Dante and Randall is almost as close as that of these two kids in HxH verse. I doubt you have seen that movie since you are not old enough, the climax scene in 2 is a realistic depiction of how two very close friends can be heterosexual and still one can feel insecure about the other getting a girlfriend or marriage. Companionship can happen without romance, may sound strange, but it is true.

Also I nowhere used the word innocence and have held friendship to a higher standard than romance. I for one love that HxH focuses more on friendships and little to none on romance, which is quite a rarity in anime medium these days.

Your last point does not make much sense. Yes Togashi is aware of Western culture and Japan itself seems very Westernized these years, but how does that bring in romance in Gon and Killua's relationship? You are right that it is up to the reader to interpret it in what ever way, which is why Westerners readily judge friends as gay where as Africans or Middle Eastern think of them as friends.
Jul 18, 2014 11:46 AM

Apr 2014
@jonnyhan:
Firstly, ad hominems don't make your points any more or less valid. Secondly, the fact that there exist some cases of close friendships, which may or may not be similar to Gon & Killua's, doesn't mean that there are too many cases in which one friend thinks of the other as his 'light,' wants to stay with him forever, and goes into mental breakdowns because the said friend didn't ask for his help. Isn't their relationship so interesting because it's so unique?

jonnyhan said:
Companionship can happen without romance, may sound strange, but it is true.
Never said otherwise. I was just suggesting an alternative — an alternative which many fans are so reluctant to accept.

jonnyhan said:
Also I nowhere... these days.
I was addressing the fans who claim to be non-homophobic, and yet say that they have problems with accepting romance as a possibility -- as it would 'ruin the innocence and beauty of their friendship.' Sorry, it seems I mistook you for one of them.

jonnyhan said:
but how does that bring in romance in Gon and Killua's relationship?
It doesn't. It just implies that Togashi, who is also accustomed to Western culture, isn't blind to the overwhelming subtext (that Killua is in love with Gon) -- something which you seemed to say was just the classical case of fans 'seeing things.'
GaldiblowJul 18, 2014 11:50 AM
Jul 18, 2014 11:49 AM

Jul 2012
TheConquerer said:
They're like 12 for gods sake

Jul 18, 2014 1:06 PM

Feb 2012
jonnyhan said:

The very fact that you doubt it tells me you probably aren't aware of such close friendships. I have a good example, Clerks 1&2, the friendship between Dante and Randall is almost as close as that of these two kids in HxH verse. I doubt you have seen that movie since you are not old enough, the climax scene in 2 is a realistic depiction of how two very close friends can be heterosexual and still one can feel insecure about the other getting a girlfriend or marriage. Companionship can happen without romance, may sound strange, but it is true.

Hell no it's not (saw the movies and animated series ages ago). Not comparable at all. That's the typical bros friendship there in a very American way.

The key difference where a lot people felt the 'romantic' aspect mostly come from Killua's personality and his role setup in contrast to Gon. He is very tsundere when it comes to Gon. Killua uses words like 'lovers' suicide' in his conviction in dying together with Gon, and get really butthurt and dwelled on small rejections like a jilted/neglected girlfriend (contrast to what normal bros would brush off). There's jealousy, insecurities, and dwelling on where and what he is to Gon. He's very devoted, willing to behave understated (don't-outshine-your-man even though he's a lot stronger) and self sacrificing in the classic "wife' archetype sense in the Japanese culture. so you have this dynamic that's a perfect couple in the Asian culture sense.

And you get the 'relationship arc' of these two met in a dramatic way -> honeymoon period -> doubts/insecurities/jealousy -> things went sour and (manga spoiler)
. To some readers, this is a good (romantic or not) relationship arc that's still developing. And that's why there's 'shipping' to begin with because some people just enjoy this two character together a lot and want to see happy ending (the "riding off to sunset" conclusion).
kcacoJul 18, 2014 1:23 PM
Jul 18, 2014 1:19 PM

Apr 2014
kcaco said:
And Killua uses words like 'lovers' suicide' in his conviction in dying together with Gon
Ah, yes. Good point. Too bad the anime subbers (mis)translated that sentence as Gon planning suicide with Pitou (apart from completely missing the 'shinjuu' part).
Jul 18, 2014 2:40 PM

Jun 2014
I can see why people would ship them, but I honestly prefer them as friends. Like Bisky said, the friendship between two boys is a wonderful thing. (Though I'm sensing some possible one-sided feelings on Killua's part, granted).
Jul 18, 2014 4:09 PM

Jun 2011
No.

I always considered them Heterosexual Life-Partners.
Jul 18, 2014 8:08 PM

Jun 2013
personally i wouldnt want to see it just cause i dont want this show to turn into a romance of any sort. unless it furthers the plot im a no go on the whole romance thing whether it be gay or striaght.
just to play devils advocate though if youre gay and youd rather see gon and killua be together than them being with women does that make you bias against straight people? lol just cause i say i dont want a main character to be gay doesnt make you homophobic i think if youre straight its easier to relate to a straight character and if youre gay its easier to relate to a gay character. if a man would rather watch a show with a male main character does that make him sexist? i think not. people need to not be so worried about what everyone else thinks and say what they believe.
Jul 18, 2014 9:00 PM

Feb 2011
embracebuddha said:
personally i wouldnt want to see it just cause i dont want this show to turn into a romance of any sort. unless it furthers the plot im a no go on the whole romance thing whether it be gay or striaght.
just to play devils advocate though if youre gay and youd rather see gon and killua be together than them being with women does that make you bias against straight people? lol just cause i say i dont want a main character to be gay doesnt make you homophobic i think if youre straight its easier to relate to a straight character and if youre gay its easier to relate to a gay character. if a man would rather watch a show with a male main character does that make him sexist? i think not. people need to not be so worried about what everyone else thinks and say what they believe.

I agree, that's never going to happen, LOL!!! I mean, this is not a shounen-ai or a yaoi series to begin with: IT'S A SHOUNEN JUMP SERIES!!!!!
We all know perfectly well they just see each other as best friends (perhaps as close brothers) and nothing else.
Jul 19, 2014 5:25 AM

Dec 2012
I wish anime fans could go one show without forcing their sexual/romantic fantasies onto characters.
Jul 19, 2014 6:48 PM

Jul 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
I wish anime fans could go one show without forcing their sexual/romantic fantasies onto characters.
Especially when they're children.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2014 7:01 PM

Feb 2010
The possibility of them getting together at the end of the series willll be low, but I for one am all for the bromance
they have going on. Like, their friendship literally is really alluring to me.

but there definitely is something going on between them. NO DENYING. AND I QUOTE:
“Gon.. you are light. Sometimes, you shine so brightly, I must look away. But even so, is it still okay if I stay by your side?” —Killua

If they end up by one another's side (whether it as lovers or friends) I'd be satisfied.
Minagatachi said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

I really wish people would start realizing that anime fans are free to do whatever.
Even if you judge them, they aren't going to stop and who are you to judge what others do?

They can do whatever the hell they want just like you can do whatever the hell [i]you[/i] want.
Also, read the thread before you start making your smart ass remark that they're children.
No wayyy I didn't know I thought they were aging old men. Of course they're children.

The key word here in the thread title is "at the end of the series" and I'm pretty sure that by the end they'll either
a) be a lot older or
b) be a lot more mature

Think for a second. It doesn't take that much to realize that children can fall in love too.
EarlCielJul 19, 2014 7:06 PM
Jul 19, 2014 7:02 PM

Dec 2012
^ Clam down.
Jul 19, 2014 7:17 PM

Feb 2010
Clams. ew. And do I sound like I'm about to flip a table or hurt a few people? I'm really not.
But if you insist I toned it down a notch. Slightly.
Jul 19, 2014 7:23 PM

Dec 2008
But what you said is true tho.

In any case, I don't give a flying fu*k about what Togashi does with his characters. As long as he knows what he's doing, then that's good enough for me.

Jul 19, 2014 7:49 PM

Oct 2013
EarlCiel said:
The possibility of them getting together at the end of the series willll be low, but I for one am all for the bromance

but there definitely is something going on between them. NO DENYING. AND I QUOTE:
“Gon.. you are light. Sometimes, you shine so brightly, I must look away. But even so, is it still okay if I stay by your side?” —Killua

If they end up by one another's side (whether it as lovers or friends) I'd be satisfied.

"but I for one am all for the bromance"

Bromance means two males having a close relationship, not in a romantic way or sexual way though.. I think op means it in a romantic way. btw Gon and Killua already has a bromance relationship.
Jul 19, 2014 10:33 PM

Feb 2010
I'm well aware they have a bromance relationship.
Hence the phrase "I for one am all for the bromance [b]they have going on[/b]"
Jul 20, 2014 12:13 AM

Jul 2013
EarlCiel said:

Minagatachi said:

I really wish people would start realizing that anime fans are free to do whatever.
Even if you judge them, they aren't going to stop and who are you to judge what others do?

They can do whatever the hell they want just like you can do whatever the hell [i]you[/i] want.
Also, read the thread before you start making your smart ass remark that they're children.
No wayyy I didn't know I thought they were aging old men. Of course they're children.

The key word here in the thread title is "at the end of the series" and I'm pretty sure that by the end they'll either
a) be a lot older or
b) be a lot more mature

Think for a second. It doesn't take that much to realize that children can fall in love too.
It doesn't matter if they will be older or more mature in the future, the fact is that at this current point of time they are both children and therefore seeing them being shipped makes me feel uncomfortable. Besides, you don't even know if there'll be a timeskip. I'm giving my opinion under the assumption that things will stay like they are at the moment (age-wise).
MinagatachiJul 20, 2014 12:17 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2014 12:37 AM

Feb 2012
Minagatachi said:
EarlCiel said:

a) be a lot older or
b) be a lot more mature

It doesn't matter if they will be older or more mature in the future, the fact is that at this current point of time they are both children and therefore seeing them being shipped makes me feel uncomfortable. Besides, you don't even know if there'll be a timeskip. I'm giving my opinion under the assumption that things will stay like they are at the moment (age-wise).

Are u new to anime and manga? Most japanese manga and anime features character age 12 and up and there's usually romance subplot or main plot. Esp most shoujo manga are romance and 'shipping' based and heroines are always in tween age. The world must be a very uncomfortable and scandalous place for you.
Jul 20, 2014 1:23 AM

Feb 2010
Also you might be giving your opinion at the moment (which I respect) but this thread clearly says at the end.
So that's why I pointed out those possible outcomes of older age or maturity at the end of the series.
Jul 20, 2014 3:16 AM

Jul 2013
kcaco said:
Minagatachi said:

Are u new to anime and manga? Most japanese manga and anime features character age 12 and up and there's usually romance subplot or main plot. Esp most shoujo manga are romance and 'shipping' based and heroines are always in tween age. The world must be a very uncomfortable and scandalous place for you.
Why are you debating this? Watching two twelve year old kids hook up would make me feel uncomfortable, whether or not you find it logical or not (I know Gon and Killua aren't 12, but whatever).

"Most japanese manga and anime features character age 12 and up and there's usually romance subplot or main plot" - I have yet to see any anime characters under 15 being involved in romance (and said characters usually look like they're 18 or 19), but then again I have barely watched shoujo.

Imagine how creepy Usagi Drop would be if Daikichi hooked up with Rin when she is older, would you not find it uncomfortable to watch considering that the Rin you knew throughout the series was a six year old?
Jul 20, 2014 5:10 AM

Jan 2014
Minagatachi said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
Because one is clearly forced to read doujin or endure shipping fanart of an anime, right?

Honestly, I really don't see what the big deal with shipping is. It basically happens with every work of fiction that involves more than three characters and an active shipping fanbase is usually sign that the interactions/relationships are compelling enough for the fans to be interested in developping them further or associating X character with character Y and see how things would go.
So yeah, as long as it doesn't enter the realm of creepiness (which here it clearly doesn't if sex isn't involved), shipping can be pretty healthy.

Minagatachi said:
Please.

-Utena and Anthy are 14.
-Hinata has had a crush on Naruto since they were 13 and the shipping started way before Shippuden.
-It's up to debate, but it's been strongly hinted at than Homura is
, and both are 14.
-At the end of Avatar TLA Katara was 15 and Aang was 13.
-Simon, who's 14, had a big crush on Yoko, whose age varies between 14 and 16 depending on your country's law regarding age of consent (lol).

Do you need more?

PS: Oh and why would you even compare the possibility of two childhood friends eventually falling for each other with the possibility of a six year old eventually falling for her adoptive father as she grows up? Please tell me how these two scenarii are even remotely similar.

I sure hope you felt uncomfortable as fuck when Gon took Palm on a date.
SapewlothJul 20, 2014 6:35 AM
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Jul 20, 2014 6:18 AM

Jan 2014
Sapewloth said:
Minagatachi said:
Because one is clearly forced to read doujin or endure shipping fanart of an anime, right?

Honestly, I really don't see what the big deal with shipping is. It basically happens with every work of fiction that involves more than three characters and an active shipping fanbase is usually sign that the interactions/relationships are compelling enough for the fans to be interested in developping them further or associating X character with character Y and see how things would go.
So yeah, as long as it doesn't enter the realm of creepiness (which here it clearly doesn't if sex isn't involved), shipping can be pretty healthy.

Minagatachi said:
Please.

-Utena and Anthy are 14.
-Hinata has had a crush on Naruto since they were 13 and the shipping started way before Shippuden.
-It's up to debate, but it's been strongly hinted at than Homura is
, and both are 14.
-At the end of Avatar TLA Katara was 15 and Aang was 13.
-Simon, who's 14, had a big crush on Yoko, whose age varies between 14 and 16 depending on your country's law regarding age consent (lol).

Do you need more?

PS: Oh and why would you even compare the possibility of two childhood friends eventually falling for each other with the possibility of a six year old eventually falling for her adoptive father as she grows up? Please tell me how these two scenarii are even remotely similar.

I sure hope you felt uncomfortable as fuck when Gon took Palm on a date.

Shinsekai Yuri was straight up Yaoiing
Jul 20, 2014 8:13 AM

Dec 2012
> Because one is clearly forced to read doujin or endure shipping fanart of an anime, right?

It's annoying when you want to search from some great fan art :/

Searching for HxH is even worse than Naruto.
Jul 20, 2014 8:34 AM

Aug 2008
I wouldn't mind. Their relationship is pretty much one of the best things about the series anyway.

He obviously doesn't care about having shounen ai in either so it's certainly possible.

Now I don't want things to get all lovey dovey all of a sudden if thats what you mean though. Lets keep things subtle at the romantic level.

And why do people care about their age? It's not like romance automatically = pron. Cardcaptor Sakura had younger chars get into a relationship.
hyperknees91Jul 20, 2014 8:42 AM
Jul 20, 2014 8:58 AM

Feb 2012
They're just close friends.
Jul 20, 2014 9:02 AM

May 2013
Can't believe that 20% said yes, smh
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jul 20, 2014 11:39 AM

Jul 2014
Their bromance is so awesome, it would be ruined if it was anything more than that. Besides Gon x Palm 4 life.
Jul 20, 2014 12:16 PM

Feb 2010
Guys, no need to bring up other examples other than the anime series we're discussing.
It's become a different argument and topic because if you want to go complain about the morality or immorality of shipping,
seriously take that somewhere else. People have different views and opinions, but by trying to reach a cohesive conclusion...pointless.

The way I see it is fans can do whatever the hell they please and you have the right to disagree,
but your complaining is pointless because you can't stop someone from doing something they want.
Honestly, I think both of you are making very valid points but in the end a person believes what they believe so allow one another that right.

Personally, I do think young romance is actually a reoccurring theme in many shoujo manga series and one might call the whole
childhood love theme a "cliche". It isn't completely abnormal for children to experience love and that's just my personal view of the whole thing.

tsudecimo said:
> Because one is clearly forced to read doujin or endure shipping fanart of an anime, right?

If you search for fan art and you don't want to see pairings or yaoi, they have engines designed that clearly filter out the
more "extreme" content you don't want to come across. Otherwise, you'll have to suck it up and just scroll through the shounen ai.
It's not going to kill you. I did an experiment and searched "HunterxHunter" on zerochan.net. First page is safe of the "yaoi" don't be scared.

Also, this is definitely an opinion-based view but there are actually great fan art pairing pieces for series. The art is absolutely brilliant.

But I could understand why you maybe wouldn't want to see it. I know sometimes I get a headache searching as well.
All you honestly have to do is put in some effort to look for them yourself. They are out there.
Complaining really won't do anything except maybe motivate more fan art of pairings if anything.
EarlCielJul 20, 2014 12:20 PM
Jul 20, 2014 12:30 PM

Dec 2012
EarlCiel said:

tsudecimo said:

If you search for fan art and you don't want to see pairings or yaoi, they have engines designed that clearly filter out the
more "extreme" content you don't want to come across. Otherwise, you'll have to suck it up and just scroll through the shounen ai.
It's not going to kill you. I did an experiment and searched "HunterxHunter" on zerochan.net. First page is safe of the "yaoi" don't be scared.

But I could understand why you maybe wouldn't want to see it. I know sometimes I get a headache searching as well.
All you honestly have to do is put in some effort to look for them yourself. They are out there.
Complaining really won't do anything except maybe motivate more fan art of pairings if anything.

I know that, and have been doing for a while now. The fan art sites I visit don't have explicit content like zerochan for example, but there is no tag for Shounen ai, to exclude from the search. It has less to do with me being annoyed by the Shounen ai fan art itself, and more to do with it making it harder to find the art that I actually want, there is a plethora of it out there. Some of the pairings are so terrible though lol, I mean I can understand Sasuke x Naruto and Killua x Gon, but Itachi x Sasuke, Kakashi x Naruto, Leorio x Gon. Wtf.

I'm not complaining, I just replied and gave a reason, to why would someone/or me sometimes be forced to see those shipping fan arts. I mean it's not something that can be entirely avoided, so it does affect those who don't care for them to some extent.
Jul 20, 2014 12:49 PM

Jan 2014
tsudecimo said:
Some of the pairings are so terrible though lol, I mean I can understand Sasuke x Naruto and Killua x Gon, but Itachi x Sasuke, Kakashi x Naruto, Leorio x Gon. Wtf.
Still better than Edo Tensei Madara x Sakura. Shit gave me nightmares.
But yeah, I get what you mean.
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Jul 20, 2014 1:20 PM

Feb 2010
Yeah, it can't be helped since you really can't control the pairings while the explicit material can be filtered.
Everyone has to go through traumatizing pairings and honestly by searching for fan art,
everyone has to pretty much prepare themselves for anything that might not be to their liking.

Like any series, any novel, or anything on the internet basically.
I completely sympathize with you, though. To me those pairings sound...illegal LOL

Bringing this back to topic (well, kind of) I did see one fan art piece not long ago of gon and killua together when they age a lot more. It absolutely terrified me.They had insanely large muscles, an untamed uncontrollable beard, and all. I had to question their identity when I saw the piece.

I already have quite a terrifying image engraved in my mind and soon nightmares. I wish them happiness at the end.
Happiness and hopefully eternal youth. In terms of emotional youth and definitely physical if they end up looking like what I saw

Cannot erase image from my mind.
EarlCielJul 20, 2014 1:24 PM
Jul 20, 2014 4:02 PM

Jul 2013
Sapewloth said:
tsudecimo said:
Some of the pairings are so terrible though lol, I mean I can understand Sasuke x Naruto and Killua x Gon, but Itachi x Sasuke, Kakashi x Naruto, Leorio x Gon. Wtf.
Still better than Edo Tensei Madara x Sakura. Shit gave me nightmares.
But yeah, I get what you mean.
Itachi x Sasuke is easily the worst imo.
Jul 22, 2014 4:00 PM

Jan 2014
In Episode 139, Hisoka confirmed that Gon is the one who Killua's loved most. Ayyy.. :)
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Jul 22, 2014 6:31 PM

Sep 2012
BL shippers pls go
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Jul 22, 2014 7:13 PM

Jul 2013
LOL. well they're like 14 now & I think Killua's caring (loving?) side for Gon is cute but...

No. That'd be freaking weird.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Jul 22, 2014 7:15 PM

Dec 2008
This thread is getting embarrassing...

Jul 22, 2014 7:26 PM

Jul 2013
AkatsukiWolf said:
Anyway aren't they like 14 now?

That's completely normal.

this ^

USE YOUR BRAINS PPL. mirai nikki protags were like 14 and no one was complaining about that >.>
"Komugi, are you there?"

Jul 23, 2014 9:03 AM

Jan 2014
Korrvo said:
BL shippers pls go
You'd have to kill off Leorio, Kurapika, Gon, Illumi, Hisoka and Killua in this order for that to ever happen m8.

Anarei said:
This thread is getting embarrassing...
It has been since the beginning, really.
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:

Jul 23, 2014 6:29 PM
Oct 2012
Lol such a troll thread.... If we are talking about HxH romance though, I would love to see Gon and Palm get it on eventually
Jul 23, 2014 11:27 PM

May 2010
If Killua or Gon were a girl then most of you all would assume there were romantic feelings of some sort.
Realistically I do not think they will become a couple or anything...however I do think that Killua has feelings for Gon beyond friendship. There's been so much context for that over the episodes that it's not being pulled out of nowhere. Also, I think that Gon just sees Killua as his best friend.
Jul 24, 2014 2:16 AM
May 2014
It looks like many of you guys never heard of a good friendship, such a troll thread.
Jul 24, 2014 7:04 AM

Dec 2012
I will be incredibly disappointed if they don't end up as a couple at the end of the series.
Jul 24, 2014 10:35 AM
Jun 2014
tsudecimo said:
Anarei said:
Hahaha. They're already closer than a couple.

If Gon and Killua were male and female, people would supposedly hardcore ship them. Well, at least the guys.

No, still too young.

I bet Killua would be the girl.

Ah, yes still quite young...let's not get ahead of ourselves...

Killua taking on the female/passive role? haha brilliant. (I'm guilty of thinking the same way)

However...romance in that sense would ruin the series in my opinion. HxH handles their friendship in such a unique manner that it's very endearing. It makes their battles and moments together so much more significant. I'd hate to see all that tossed out the window for the sake of taking their bromance to the next level >^>
Jul 24, 2014 10:49 AM

Mar 2014
Alluka, Hisoka and Palm would be jealous AF
Jul 24, 2014 10:58 AM
Jun 2014
kcaco said:
jonnyhan said:

Hell no it's not (saw the movies and animated series ages ago). Not comparable at all. That's the typical bros friendship there in a very American way.

The key difference where a lot people felt the 'romantic' aspect mostly come from Killua's personality and his role setup in contrast to Gon. He is very tsundere when it comes to Gon. Killua uses words like 'lovers' suicide' in his conviction in dying together with Gon, and get really butthurt and dwelled on small rejections like a jilted/neglected girlfriend (contrast to what normal bros would brush off). There's jealousy, insecurities, and dwelling on where and what he is to Gon. He's very devoted, willing to behave understated (don't-outshine-your-man even though he's a lot stronger) and self sacrificing in the classic "wife' archetype sense in the Japanese culture. so you have this dynamic that's a perfect couple in the Asian culture sense.

And you get the 'relationship arc' of these two met in a dramatic way -> honeymoon period -> doubts/insecurities/jealousy -> things went sour and (manga spoiler)
. To some readers, this is a good (romantic or not) relationship arc that's still developing. And that's why there's 'shipping' to begin with because some people just enjoy this two character together a lot and want to see happy ending (the "riding off to sunset" conclusion).

Nicely put. Never thought it all out in comparison to the culture but that is a good point - especially since you can see it in a non-romantic or romantic way depending on your preference. Still, the only ship sailing in canon is the bromance and isn't it endearing enough as it is?
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
2 hours ago

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Yesterday

53 by Jacktwelve17 »»
5 hours ago

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Yesterday, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Apr 19, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.