Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 11, 2014 9:28 PM

Dec 2013
Okay, as we all know, a movie will be coming out on Date a Live... but under the assumption that the movie does not continue with the story.... season 3?

DAL is mediocre, at least how I see it, but I was kinda surprised how it got a season 2, although I didn't mind it. I was surprised because I believe the story is average at best, and a lot of better series have only one season and no news on a second season. However, DAL seems to have a lot of hype backing it up, and with an OVA and movie on the way, I don't see why they would not keep rolling with another season as the story isn't done from the looks of it.

I personally wouldn't mind a season 3, or be devastated if there wasn't, but how is everyone else's take on DAL?
Jul 11, 2014 9:32 PM

Jul 2012
You shouldn't have been surprised unless you're new to anime.

I'm always for more ecchi harem bullshit.
Jul 24, 2014 1:06 AM

Apr 2014
wzrd said:
I'm always for more ecchi harem bullshit.

^ This.

The story is mediocre at best, but the MC is tolerable and the rest of the characters are fun to watch so overall the show isn't that bad anyway.
Tonight, Synklare joins the hunt.
Jul 24, 2014 1:11 AM

Mar 2013
No please, a third season would finally destroy what's left of "good" in this show.
Jul 26, 2014 12:13 PM

Oct 2012
yukishiromei said:
No please, a third season would finally destroy what's left of "good" in this show.

I agree. There is no need to butcher this title any further.
Aug 8, 2014 4:09 AM

Aug 2014
I hope so but I hope they don't put another cute girl in the third season
I don't like it if Shidou gets more of girl around him more than this .
Aug 19, 2014 1:46 AM

May 2012
Yes! Who the fack doesn't want more Kurumi?!
Aug 26, 2014 1:09 AM

Mar 2014
I agree this anime need another season, because i think the story hasnt ended yet..
Aug 26, 2014 1:15 AM

Oct 2013
Would need a bit more content, it's already fair to say the first season was actually a tad better than second simply because it had more content.

Would really be thrilled to see Origami's arc getting animated tho.
Aug 29, 2014 7:36 PM
Dec 2011
R4vel said:
Would need a bit more content, it's already fair to say the first season was actually a tad better than second simply because it had more content.

Would really be thrilled to see Origami's arc getting animated tho.

Not exactly true, second season has unaired scenes totaling 2 episodes long in the BD and first season only had about 5 min. So both seasons actually have about the same amount of contents in the BD, though second season covers each volume slightly more on average.

Hopefully they don't cut out a lot of things in 3rd season.
Apr 7, 2015 12:06 PM
Oct 2014
60-70% chance of 3rd season because of sales went down
May 3, 2015 1:00 PM

Mar 2015
Somehow I want to see a season 3 just to see more Kotori.... and the other girls, even if the story is bad (except getting a focused romance ending like Oreimo) I'm okay with that.

Jun 7, 2015 6:58 PM

Sep 2011
Sure, I enjoyed the first two seasons. Nothing about the plot screams 'amazing' but I do like the characters and the tolerable MC. Definitely want more Kurumi and Berserker sisters.
Jul 13, 2015 7:29 PM
Jul 2015
Will there be a 3th season of Date A Live? anything is helpfull :)
Jul 13, 2015 7:36 PM

Jun 2015
Movie comes out Aug 22 2015 Maybe after the movie we will get an answer
Jul 14, 2015 10:47 PM

Mar 2015
There's a possibility. After all the LN sales for Vol. 12 is quite good. Also there's that movie coming on August 2015, if that's successful, they might announce season 3 faster than we think.

Not to mention the Director's Cut BD is coming out on the end of July along with the 3rd game, Date A Live: Rio Reincarnation. So with all these things, Date A Live 3 is not too far-fetched.

Jan 15, 2016 9:05 AM

May 2014
i hope 3rd season will be come out
Mar 19, 2016 12:07 AM
Mar 2016
I really would not mind watching season three. As long as it keeps a steady pace, explains Shido's back story, and adds a blend of comedy and action, then I see no harm of season three in development. If the series started strong it should end on a strong note.
May 8, 2016 1:39 PM

Feb 2015
NeedHelp56 said:
Okay, as we all know, a movie will be coming out on Date a Live... but under the assumption that the movie does not continue with the story.... season 3?

DAL is mediocre, at least how I see it, but I was kinda surprised how it got a season 2, although I didn't mind it. I was surprised because I believe the story is average at best, and a lot of better series have only one season and no news on a second season. However, DAL seems to have a lot of hype backing it up, and with an OVA and movie on the way, I don't see why they would not keep rolling with another season as the story isn't done from the looks of it.

I personally wouldn't mind a season 3, or be devastated if there wasn't, but how is everyone else's take on DAL?

I wanna know what's going on with Ellen Mira, Sir Isaac Westcott and loved be everyone Kurumi Tokisaki! :*
May 24, 2016 10:27 PM

Sep 2011
I really hope we will get a 3rd season and I think we will. The question is "when" though. And Season 1-2's plot has been Volume 1 - 7 of the light novel so I believe that the 3rd season will follow the main story line of the novels. I hope it will follow volume 8 - 11. I really wanna see Origami's arcs animated.
May 24, 2016 11:06 PM

Jan 2014
SayaWingX said:
I really hope we will get a 3rd season and I think we will. The question is "when" though. And Season 1-2's plot has been Volume 1 - 7 of the light novel so I believe that the 3rd season will follow the main story line of the novels. I hope it will follow volume 8 - 11. I really wanna see Origami's arcs animated.

Pretty damn sure that Date A Live is pretty big over in japan, so sales isn't a problem
Jun 16, 2016 2:41 PM

Apr 2016
Still praying for a season 3. We need more Kurumi in our lives.
Jul 5, 2016 2:06 PM

Jan 2016
andzalot55 said:
Still praying for a season 3. We need more Kurumi in our lives.

Gotta love her n her many rape faces <3
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Sep 2, 2016 7:06 AM
Nov 2015
Well this is a pretty dead thread so there's not that much point in saying anything, however in case anyone ever does drop by here I'll just leave this here.

When it comes to the light novel series, I like it a lot. It's very funny, has a good story, good artwork. Overall, it's a very nice piece of work that I enjoy following.

However when it comes to the anime I have different opinions. The first season, was alright (actually what got me into the series). It had good art, some nice changes here and there: pretty much decent. Although they did rush through quite a lot of stuff, as well as miss some really good stuff, which made me dislike it slightly but not too much.

Season 2 on the other hand, I did not like at all. Bad art, rush's like a Russian in CSGO, cuts out really important stuff to the story. This was a bad adaption.

Now, with my thoughts of the past out of the way, do I want a S3?

Yes, however only on the condition that it drastically improves from S2. I want better art, less rushing, less cutting, etc.

Now, why would I want an S3 when I didn't like S2 you might ask, wouldn't I just let it drop. Usually I would however not with DAL. You see, if in theory a season 3 was made it would likely adapt volumes 10 and 11 of the novels. This arc, which I can't name since it would spoil it, is amazing. It's got everything you could want: suspense, drama, plot twists, fights, Kurumi :3.... It's something that I definitely want to see adapted one day onto TV, as long as it's decent quality that is.
Oct 17, 2016 5:08 AM

Dec 2012
An announcement is coming on October 22 on Date a Live website http://date-a-live.net/. Season 3 perhaps most likely adapt volumes 8-11 like first season since they can't adapt 8-10 (S2 only adapt 3 volumes) since volumes 10 and 11 are one arc.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Nov 13, 2016 10:22 AM

Jan 2016
xenomorph555 said:

When it comes to the light novel series, I like it a lot. It's very funny, has a good story, good artwork. Overall, it's a very nice piece of work that I enjoy following.

Hi! I see that u have read DAL till volume 13. I just thought of rewatching whole series cuzz IT WAS this anime that GOT ME IN all this anime, manga and LN world. I even now remember how i watched this thing called ''anime'' wit awe on all my face. And i think that first season is better than second too. But i wanted to know if it really is worth it to read LN from beggining and if not then would you please help me find good spot in LN to start from and tell were did you read it on internet from? TNX.
Nov 13, 2016 12:38 PM
Nov 2015
PROaleXD said:

Hi! I see that u have read DAL till volume 13. I just thought of rewatching whole series cuzz IT WAS this anime that GOT ME IN all this anime, manga and LN world. I even now remember how i watched this thing called ''anime'' wit awe on all my face. And i think that first season is better than second too. But i wanted to know if it really is worth it to read LN from beggining and if not then would you please help me find good spot in LN to start from and tell were did you read it on internet from? TNX.

Yo. You actually reminded me that I need to update my status, I've completed Vol 14.

On the subject of where to start; I highly recommend going all the way to the beginning, Vol 1. I say this for a few reasons:

-The Light Novels go into a lot more depth with the story/plot, the characters, the comedy; as I said in my previous post, the anime cut out a load of good material. You'll learn a lot of new things that you wouldn't have got from the anime. You'll also laugh more because to be honest, the comedy in the light novels is great (Kotori is amazing).

-The pacing is much better then both seasons. It won't feel bland.

-The story fits much better as a light novel then an anime. Getting to hear Shidou's thoughts as well as reading detailed descriptions of everything beats seeing it in a show.

-!!IMPORTANT!! The anime changes/removes certain areas of the plot that are VERY IMPORTANT to the overall story. If you start the LN's halfway through, certain things will not make sense.!!

-It's a high quality series with good writing and Tsunako art that is just... beautiful!

-If you were going to rewatch the series anyway, then there's no better time to restart on Vol 1 of the LN's.

So overall, amazing book series, start from the beginning :)

As for sending you ways to read it... i will PM you since I could get banned for publicly sharing the source ;)
Jun 27, 2017 8:25 AM
Sep 2016
Yah me too I need to see more actions and more heroe word and save the girls
Jun 27, 2017 8:27 AM
Sep 2016
There are season 3 100% because this not the end of the story . I hope there season 3 when start???😊😭👍
Oct 14, 2017 12:50 AM
Jan 2017
There are enough materials for Season 3 and even a Season 4 cause the light Novel is currently at Volume 17. And gets really interesting from volume 8
Oct 20, 2017 7:12 PM

Apr 2016
SEASON 3 IS COMING
Oct 20, 2017 7:43 PM

Feb 2016
Hopefully we get more details soon enough. Thanks for sharing @Razzee

Date A Live was great.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Oct 20, 2017 7:54 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Well hopefully its just as good as the first two seasons.
Oct 20, 2017 8:07 PM

Oct 2014
Yeah i heard Season 3 was coming out but wasnt sure. I'm pretty sure there is tho

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2014

257 by -DxP- »»
Apr 1, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

omega_d94 - Apr 25, 2014

139 by Eukaryo »»
Feb 23, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2014

161 by Sylphy-ette »»
Dec 7, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2014

125 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:59 PM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2014

142 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.