Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 11, 2014 10:37 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
After this chapter I really don't mind if anime will don't get second season
and series will end up on 12 episodes.

Really, when again I will get chapters which will entertain me like at the beginning?
Right now I always pissed on chapters and whole story.
Jul 11, 2014 11:37 AM

Jan 2012
Yeah seriously, we all know that they will end up together *futabaxkou* why Sakisaka-san still wants us to suffer!? :c
Omg, that last scene o.o Drama is coming again.... futaba and touma seems to be good with each other and why kou is meeting her again? D: noooooooooo T^T

I'm dying of anxiety right now! :(

PS: kominato and Murao, just get together already! ;p
Jul 11, 2014 11:54 AM
Dec 2013
I knew it, Futaba is still in love with Kou. But just because she wants Touma to be happy she stays with him. Good thing that Narumi showed up again I think Kou will settle things with her.
Jul 11, 2014 12:25 PM
Jan 2014
Futaba pisses me off, I hope Kou and Narumi get together in the next chapters.
Jul 11, 2014 6:18 PM
Sep 2013
Couldn't really enjoy this chapter since I am rooting for Kou x Futaba.I hope this love triangle drama won't be dragged on forever.I know that it is important to keep the suspense as high as possible but I am slowly starting to lose interest in this manga.I just want Kou to be happy already :-/
Jul 11, 2014 6:24 PM

Nov 2012
Narumi going Yandere is the way to go, just kidding......
Touma, I like your technique. Next time I feel insecure of the girl's fellings for me, I should steal a kiss, and bear hug her until she loves me. Also, IDK but Touma has been thinking and worrying a bit too much about Kou lately, he should just come out of the closet.
jose21Jul 12, 2014 10:25 AM
Jul 12, 2014 11:30 AM

Jun 2014
That Touma dude must be really desperate to put up with Futaba.

Otabana said:
I hope Kou and Narumi get together in the next chapters.

YES! I don't even like Narumi but Futaba has become so annoying, I wouldn't mind her heart getting broken again.
Jul 12, 2014 12:35 PM

Mar 2012
LOL NARUMI'S FACE. This is getting interesting...
and the first half about Muraozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz oh boy

jose21 said:
Narumi going Yandere is the way to go, just kidding......
Touma, I like your technique. Next time I feel insecure of the girl's fellings for me, I should steal a kiss, and bear hug her until she loves me. Also, IDK but Touma has been thinking and worrying a bit too much about Kou lately, he should just come out of the closet.

HAHAHAHAHA true
Jul 13, 2014 8:12 AM

Sep 2013
Finally kou meet up with narumi. i hope he'll settle things with her in next chapter. and futaba still have a feelings towards kou. i can't wait it when Touma break up with her.
Jul 15, 2014 12:10 AM

Nov 2012
Don't get me wrong, I love Yoshioka. She's one of my favorite female shoujo leads due to her fun and happy personality...plus she's beautiful (for a manga character of course). But of course the ones you love piss you off the most...and the lovely Yoshioka is doing just that. I understand she was hurting with the whole Kou and Narumi drama, but I'm still upset that she became Touma's girlfriend. Of course a broken hearted girl would jump for some back street boy look fella who sweet talks her, but I till feel that at least Yoshioka could be like Ninako from Strobe Edge. For those who've read Strobe Edge knows that even though Ninako was hurting and Andou kept throwing himself at her, she still rejected him because she loved Ren way to much, despite Ren having a girlfriend. I'm not doubting that Yoshioka truly loves Kou, but the fact that she had to go to Touma so quick is kinda upsetting. Touma on the other hand is being annoying on so many levels. Unlike others, I'm trying to bash Touma because he is quite frankly my sweet little cupcake who I will oh so feel bad for when his little tender heart gets crushed. But he's irritating the hell out of me with the fact of still trying to pursue Yoshioka even though it's obvious she doesn't really love him. This chapter just through me off the edge with how Sakisaka-sama is still prolonging the lovey dovey kiss kiss happiness between Yoshioka and Touma (the kiss made my eye twitch). To make a long rant short, I really want Kou and Yoshioka back together...they're too cute! With that being said, I still want my sweet little cupcake to be happy and find a girl who will listen to his singing all day long.

PS: Aya and Shuuko, just get together already -.-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2014 2:23 AM
Dec 2013
xxXKittyXxx said:
Don't get me wrong, I love Yoshioka. She's one of my favorite female shoujo leads due to her fun and happy personality...plus she's beautiful (for a manga character of course). But of course the ones you love piss you off the most...and the lovely Yoshioka is doing just that. I understand she was hurting with the whole Kou and Narumi drama, but I'm still upset that she became Touma's girlfriend. Of course a broken hearted girl would jump for some back street boy look fella who sweet talks her, but I till feel that at least Yoshioka could be like Ninako from Strobe Edge. For those who've read Strobe Edge knows that even though Ninako was hurting and Andou kept throwing himself at her, she still rejected him because she loved Ren way to much, despite Ren having a girlfriend. I'm not doubting that Yoshioka truly loves Kou, but the fact that she had to go to Touma so quick is kinda upsetting. Touma on the other hand is being annoying on so many levels. Unlike others, I'm trying to bash Touma because he is quite frankly my sweet little cupcake who I will oh so feel bad for when his little tender heart gets crushed. But he's irritating the hell out of me with the fact of still trying to pursue Yoshioka even though it's obvious she doesn't really love him. This chapter just through me off the edge with how Sakisaka-sama is still prolonging the lovey dovey kiss kiss happiness between Yoshioka and Touma (the kiss made my eye twitch). To make a long rant short, I really want Kou and Yoshioka back together...they're too cute! With that being said, I still want my sweet little cupcake to be happy and find a girl who will listen to his singing all day long.

I agree with you she is becoming annoying in the latest chapters. Sure she is heartbroken but it would be so much better for her to move on without getting Touma involved. Kou is now fixing his mistakes but now the one who's making mistakes is Futaba. I really hope that there will be some development between Kou and Futaba in the next chapters.
manganimelover1Jul 15, 2014 2:51 AM
Jul 15, 2014 8:27 PM

Nov 2012
manganimelover1 said:
xxXKittyXxx said:

I agree with you she is becoming annoying in the latest chapters. Sure she is heartbroken but it would be so much better for her to move on without getting Touma involved. Kou is now fixing his mistakes but now the one who's making mistakes is Futaba. I really hope that there will be some development between Kou and Futaba in the next chapters.

I just don't agree with saying that Futaba got Touma involved. Touma got himself involved, and even if Futaba would have rejected him, he would have kept trying (gotta admire his tenacity). I feel sorry for the dude, but just like Kou, YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW
Jul 16, 2014 2:21 AM
Dec 2013
jose21 said:
manganimelover1 said:

I just don't agree with saying that Futaba got Touma involved. Touma got himself involved, and even if Futaba would have rejected him, he would have kept trying (gotta admire his tenacity). I feel sorry for the dude, but just like Kou, YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW

Yes I agree that Touma was very pushy and that he got himself involved but I still think it's Futaba's fault too. It's not only Kou's and Touma fault that now someone will get hurt. if she wasn't that weak towards Touma's pushy behavior and didn't agreed to be with him it would be a lot better. But I guess this is her weakness. When she see a guy with a smile who's begging to be with her after Kou rejected her she gets confused and I think it's kind of understandable for a teenager. But I don't like how she can shout and be angry at Kou when he does something stupid but when Touma does something stupid she doesn't get angry. Where is her strong personality from before? I like her but I think she is very impatient.
manganimelover1Jul 16, 2014 2:34 AM
Jul 16, 2014 2:36 AM

Jul 2013
She can be like that with Kou because she actually cares. With Touma she can't be herself because she is trying soooo hard to be the "good girl friend" rather then actually connecting with him (because she isn't feeling it). Touma in this way is highly at fault because he was so persistent (and that is the wrong approach with women, if they clearly aren't in a place where they are interested you shouldn't push them). She basically got roped into the relationship because of the culture of politeness. She needed to be more firm with him when he was pressing for an answer (of course Touma picking the best moment to prey on her weakness to do that, which is something that makes him an asshole in my book because manipulation is bad).
Jul 16, 2014 5:56 AM

Apr 2011
Many people seem to be bearing negative thoughts on Touma :<

While I do like Kou and Futaba together, I also think it's Kou's own fault for missing his chance. The sense of "responsibility" and "care" that people are annoyed about at Futaba (for Touma) is what Kou has been showing Narumi all this time, so Kou is also to blame for his decisions. True, Futaba should've just rejected Touma if she didn't like him, but she has also clearly stated that she feels "warm" with him. Futaba seems to interpret that as "love comes in all shapes and sizes" (could be possible) so trying to work harder on her "love" for Touma seems reasonable (especially since she's convinced Kou loves Narumi). They called that moving on over a broken heart was it?

In the end, the two main characters will no doubt end up together, so I actually feel quite bad for Touma. Despite how hard he tries, he'll never be able to stay with Futaba.

Just another thought though, everyone else is just as right. ^^
TheTwinGardenersJul 16, 2014 6:00 AM
Jul 16, 2014 11:18 AM

Nov 2012
Aerensianic said:
She can be like that with Kou because she actually cares. With Touma she can't be herself because she is trying soooo hard to be the "good girl friend" rather then actually connecting with him (because she isn't feeling it). Touma in this way is highly at fault because he was so persistent (and that is the wrong approach with women, if they clearly aren't in a place where they are interested you shouldn't push them). She basically got roped into the relationship because of the culture of politeness. She needed to be more firm with him when he was pressing for an answer (of course Touma picking the best moment to prey on her weakness to do that, which is something that makes him an asshole in my book because manipulation is bad).

You took the words right out of my mouth.
Jul 16, 2014 7:34 PM

Nov 2012
manganimelover1 said:
jose21 said:

Yes I agree that Touma was very pushy and that he got himself involved but I still think it's Futaba's fault too. It's not only Kou's and Touma fault that now someone will get hurt. if she wasn't that weak towards Touma's pushy behavior and didn't agreed to be with him it would be a lot better. But I guess this is her weakness. When she see a guy with a smile who's begging to be with her after Kou rejected her she gets confused and I think it's kind of understandable for a teenager. But I don't like how she can shout and be angry at Kou when he does something stupid but when Touma does something stupid she doesn't get angry. Where is her strong personality from before? I like her but I think she is very impatient.

I think you might have skipped over a lot that I said. I stated that I wasn't bashing Touma and how in fact I like him, I was just stating how it's annoying how he's with Yoshioka. But I opened the comment with talking about how I love Yoshioka but she has been annoying me as well. I think that Yoshioka and Touma are equally upsetting me. Man I just want Kou and Yoshioka together and now with reliving events through the anime it makes me want them as a couple even more. I hope Sakisaka-sama has some good moments for those two coming up real soon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2014 2:31 AM
Dec 2013
TheTwinGardeners said:

While I do like Kou and Futaba together, I also think it's Kou's own fault for missing his chance. The sense of "responsibility" and "care" that people are annoyed about at Futaba (for Touma) is what Kou has been showing Narumi all this time, so Kou is also to blame for his decisions. True, Futaba should've just rejected Touma if she didn't like him, but she has also clearly stated that she feels "warm" with him. Futaba seems to interpret that as "love comes in all shapes and sizes" (could be possible) so trying to work harder on her "love" for Touma seems reasonable (especially since she's convinced Kou loves Narumi). They called that moving on over a broken heart was it?

In the end, the two main characters will no doubt end up together, so I actually feel quite bad for Touma. Despite how hard he tries, he'll never be able to stay with Futaba.

Yes it's Kou's fault that Futaba choose Touma but Futaba doesn't even love Touma and it looks like she never will. What Futaba does now is similar to what Kou did. Kou was staying with Narumi out of sympathy and Futaba is staying with Touma because of her broken heart. That's why I'm annoyed by Futaba. I was mad at Kou too and what she is doing is not any different. The only difference is that she in relationship while Kou wasn't. And it's Touma's own fault that he will get heartbroken because he knew that Futaba loves Kou.
manganimelover1Jul 17, 2014 2:48 AM
Jul 17, 2014 3:12 AM

Nov 2012
manganimelover1 said:
TheTwinGardeners said:

Yes it's Kou's fault that Futaba choose Touma but Futaba doesn't even love Touma and it looks like she never will. What Futaba does now is similar to what Kou did. Kou was staying with Narumi out of sympathy and Futaba is staying with Touma because of her broken heart. That's why I'm annoyed by Futaba. I was mad at Kou too and what she is doing is not any different. The difference is that she in relationship while Kou wasn't. And it's Touma's own fault that he will get heartbroken because he knew that Futaba loves Kou.

There might be some true about that, but I don't really think the reason she is with Touma is cause of her broken heart. IMO she is with Touma out of sympathy as well. Is not like she was the one who look for him in the first place. The dude was very persistent, and she basically did it to not let him down and please him cause he is nice to her and likes her very much (Even now, all she does is to try make Touma happy, just TheTwinGardeners said is like a sense of responsibility and care). Sure, she could have rejected him, but do you seriously believe he would have back out.
Also, I don't know, but I wouldn't blame Kou for Futaba choosing Touma. While it is true she is going out with Touma indirectly cause of Kou's actions, it is not like he chose for her or told her to do it. If I were to blame Kou for that, I might as well blame Narumi. I guess Narumi will be at fault for Touma's broken heart at the end as well.
Jul 17, 2014 3:22 AM
Dec 2013
[quote=xxXKittyXxx][quote=manganimelover1][quote=jose21][quote=manganimelover1][quote=xxXKittyXxx]Don't get me wrong, I love Yoshioka. She's one of my favorite female shoujo leads due to her fun and happy personality...plus she's beautiful (for a manga character of course). But of course the ones you love piss you off the most...and the lovely Yoshioka is doing just that. I understand she was hurting with the whole Kou and Narumi drama, but I'm still upset that she became Touma's girlfriend. Of course a broken hearted girl would jump for some back street boy look fella who sweet talks her, but I till feel that at least Yoshioka could be like Ninako from Strobe Edge. For those who've read Strobe Edge knows that even though Ninako was hurting and Andou kept throwing himself at her, she still rejected him because she loved Ren way to much, despite Ren having a girlfriend. I'm not doubting that Yoshioka truly loves Kou, but the fact that she had to go to Touma so quick is kinda upsetting. Touma on the other hand is being annoying on so many levels. Unlike others, I'm trying to bash Touma because he is quite frankly my sweet little cupcake who I will oh so feel bad for when his little tender heart gets crushed. But he's irritating the hell out of me with the fact of still trying to pursue Yoshioka even tho
xxXKittyXxx said:
manganimelover1 said:

I think you might have skipped over a lot that I said. I stated that I wasn't bashing Touma and how in fact I like him, I was just stating how it's annoying how he's with Yoshioka. But I opened the comment with talking about how I love Yoshioka but she has been annoying me as well. I think that Yoshioka and Touma are equally upsetting me. Man I just want Kou and Yoshioka together and now with reliving events through the anime it makes me want them as a couple even more. I hope Sakisaka-sama has some good moments for those two coming up real soon.

I know that you said you like Touma. That comment was to @jose21. He said that it was Touma's fault that he got himself involved and I said it was Futaba's fault too, and that she shouldn't be so weak and just be with him to get over her broken heart.
manganimelover1Jul 17, 2014 3:28 AM
Jul 17, 2014 3:37 AM

Nov 2012
manganimelover1 said:
xxXKittyXxx said:

I know that you said you like Touma. My answer was to @jose21. He said that it was Touma's fault that he got himself involved and I said it was Futaba's fault too, and that she shouldn't be so weak and just be with him to get over her broken heart.

Actually, I got xxXKittyXxx like Touma, but I am wondering did I read this right or is there a mistake?.... I mean

xxXKittyXxx said:

Is xxXKittyXxx trying to bash him for being a cupcake or not?.... Tsundere???????????
Jul 17, 2014 3:52 AM
Dec 2013
jose21 said:
manganimelover1 said:

Yes it's Kou's fault that Futaba choose Touma but Futaba doesn't even love Touma and it looks like she never will. What Futaba does now is similar to what Kou did. Kou was staying with Narumi out of sympathy and Futaba is staying with Touma because of her broken heart. That's why I'm annoyed by Futaba. I was mad at Kou too and what she is doing is not any different. The difference is that she in relationship while Kou wasn't. And it's Touma's own fault that he will get heartbroken because he knew that Futaba loves Kou.

There might be some true about that, but I don't really think the reason she is with Touma is cause of her broken heart. IMO she is with Touma out of sympathy as well. Is not like she was the one who look for him in the first place. The dude was very persistent, and she basically did it to not let him down and please him cause he is nice to her and likes her very much (Even now, all she does is to try make Touma happy, just TheTwinGardeners said is like a sense of responsibility and care). Sure, she could have rejected him, but do you seriously believe he would have back out.
Also, I don't know, but I wouldn't blame Kou for Futaba choosing Touma. While it is true she is going out with Touma indirectly cause of Kou's actions, it is not like he chose for her or told her to do it. If I were to blame Kou for that, I might as well blame Narumi. I guess Narumi will be at fault for Touma's broken heart at the end as well.

yes it's because of sympathy too, but because we know that she tries to forget Kou and wants to move on it does seem like she is with Touma because Kou rejected her even if, it not migh be true. And I agree that Touma would still be persistent if she said no. Although I like Kou, I think if he didn't reject Futaba, Futaba wouldn't choose Touma but like you said Kou didn't say to her to choose Touma. It's just upsetting to see that Futaba choose Touma because he is kind to her. But I wasn't suprised to see Kou reject Futaba because I knew he would reject her. If he didn't reject her, Narumi would do a lot of things to break them up and it would be worse than how things are now.
manganimelover1Jul 17, 2014 8:02 AM
Jul 17, 2014 4:56 AM

Sep 2008
I don't really like how this manga show that Kou make mistake helping Narumi,
even if Sakisaka-san via Kou tell that he made mistake.

I don't like that Kou should leave Narumi alone, and start to date Futaba,
because she confessed his love for him, let's skip that part when she said "So I come here to be rejected by you, so I can move on"
and forget that he still wasn't ready to be with somebody and just few chapters ago finally deal with his mom death.

But... go back to Narumi.
She maybe used Kou's kindess,
but she was alone in new town, she had only Kou back then,
and she just went through family drama.
And when Kou need help, she was that one who supported him.

And Kou don't said to Futaba "I don't like you",
he said that "I can't dating you right now"

Maybe my bias speaks right now...

But even if there was no Narumi,
why Kou have to agree to be with Futaba,
even if he love her?
Why he can't be ready to be with somebody?

I feel really sad that most people doesn't care about other characters feelings...
Everything should be good for Futaba,
but feelings of other characters aren't important.

I just have hope Kou don't become like lot of characters
and tell Narumi to leave him alone.
Hope after all he will talk with her and help her deal with her problems,
just like he did.
Jul 17, 2014 5:39 AM

Nov 2012
Well, the way I see it, it is not that Kou was wrong trying to help Narumi, however IMO the way he handle the situation was not really the best way to do it. He could have explained all of that to Futaba, and save himself all that trouble. Plus, I doubt Futaba would have gone against him and told him not to help Narumi (She probably would have waited). I do wonder why is that most manga couples fail to communicate properly, leading to misunderstandings and more drama.
jose21Jul 17, 2014 5:54 AM
Jul 17, 2014 6:18 AM

Sep 2008
Yeah... Kou could handle it better...
But I also don't like how Futaba tried to handle this situation.
First Narumi isn't her friend and shouldn't interfere with her personal life and tell her what she can do or not.
If she wanted help, she should go to Kou and talk with him instead of Narumi.
But in other way, I don't like Kou talking with Futaba about Narumi's problems without her permission.
Also I don't really think Narumi could agree to this...
As I said... Futaba isn't her friend and there are things that you don't want other people talks about,
and you talk about your problems only with close friend.

jose21 said:
Plus, I doubt Futaba would have gone against him and told him not to help Narumi

Well... she said "I sympathize with your circumstances, but can you let Kou go. She again started moving on" or something like this.

and this is what I really don't liked in this story, that everyone think this could be better if Kou leave Narumi.

Hope now when Narumi is back, she will get some good character development,
because I don't really like how "supporting" girls in AHR are mean,
but guys are "good".
And have hope Kou will make everything clear with her, but this doesn't mean he will leave her alone.
Jul 17, 2014 5:22 PM

Aug 2009
aww man..........aw man....... I will never be able to choose who is best for her.... //cries

//CONFUSION TO THE EXTREME T~T
Jul 17, 2014 6:51 PM

Oct 2013
well at least futaba faced the fact that she is still in love with kou FINALLY!!, I always wondered why Kominato fell in love with shuuko. They are so adorable, hope they get together soon!

This is taking too long though! The latest chapters are not that entertaining as the first ones
Jul 17, 2014 6:52 PM

Nov 2011
And welp, there's still a chance for Kou.

On another note, I find Shuko's role in this chapter to be amusing to read.
Jul 18, 2014 1:12 AM

Jul 2011
LittleStar said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

Really, when again I will get chapters which will entertain me like at the beginning?

I absolutely agree with you...
I really miss the sweet story between Futaba and Kou :(
Jul 18, 2014 3:14 AM

Dec 2013
LittleStar said:

Had this discussion with a fellow manga reader/anime watcher just the other day.

Lets face it. Anime studio's would never let a Shoujo anime end on a cliffhanger (i.e. Futaba with Touma at the end of the season).
The way this chapter ended, plus the fact that Touma is in the Anime pretty much ensures that they're going to go for some anime-original ending (probably the same as the "final" ending in the manga, but just much much sooner and they'll probably skip out a whole lot of the story that will continue in the manga to get to said ending as well).

You would hope that they do a second season, but the biggest issue would always be, where would they end the first one? At the pace of the anime right now, they COULD end it with Yuri's arc, but the fact that Touma will be in the show just makes ending it there nigh impossible. Then since Touma pretty much coincides with Narumi's arc, you wouldn't expect them to end it someplace that wasn't "Happy" for the viewers, which would mean at least the resolution of this current manga arc. But for that to happen, they would have to speed things up and butcher a lot of things from the story.

The 1 cour issue is really a poison pill for this series' anime adaptation.
I really wouldn't get my hopes up for a second season (wouldn't mind having one though).
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 18, 2014 3:27 AM

Nov 2012
L-Ryoshi said:
LittleStar said:

Had this discussion with a fellow manga reader/anime watcher just the other day.

Lets face it. Anime studio's would never let a Shoujo anime end on a cliffhanger (i.e. Futaba with Touma at the end of the season).
The way this chapter ended, plus the fact that Touma is in the Anime pretty much ensures that they're going to go for some anime-original ending (probably the same as the "final" ending in the manga, but just much much sooner and they'll probably skip out a whole lot of the story that will continue in the manga to get to said ending as well).

You would hope that they do a second season, but the biggest issue would always be, where would they end the first one? At the pace of the anime right now, they COULD end it with Yuri's arc, but the fact that Touma will be in the show just makes ending it there nigh impossible. Then since Touma pretty much coincides with Narumi's arc, you wouldn't expect them to end it someplace that wasn't "Happy" for the viewers, which would mean at least the resolution of this current manga arc. But for that to happen, they would have to speed things up and butcher a lot of things from the story.

I really wouldn't get my hopes up for a second season (wouldn't mind having one though).

Not necessarily, they might go for something similar to "Tonari no kaibutsu kun."
Jul 18, 2014 5:03 AM

Sep 2008
L-Ryoshi said:

This is IG, so I don't think they will go with original ending.
I think anime will end up on final scene from chapter 14 from volume 4.
When whole group going back to home.

Because this is good way to finish series,
and still have "open ending",
and people could start reading manga after this to find out "what's going to happen next" and give chance to make another season.

Chapter 13 explains Kou's behavior and in Kou's PV he says fragment from that chapter "All this time I have been waiting for this storm to come."
Jul 18, 2014 8:09 AM
Feb 2012
The beginning of this manga was so cool, now I always get irritated when I read it. The drama between Kou and Futaba was enough, now we have two characters that are disturbing everything (Narumi and Kikuchi).............. >_<
Jul 18, 2014 8:27 AM

Jul 2010
Frustrating chapter... I'm glad that Futaba finally is admitting to herself that she still has feelings for Kou. That is a positive sign. I also like that Touma admitted that he forced the issue when he asked her to be his girlfriend. I just wish she would stop with this "not wanting to hurt Touma" crap and own up to her own feelings, and lack there-of. She doesn't love Touma. She should break up with him. He should realize that she doesn't love him and not want to prolong the agony.

I get really tired of Touma doing things like kissing her without warning, but every time he kisses her she gets that deer in headlights look that says she isn't really enjoying this. Totally different from the kiss she and Kou shared way back when things were still right in the story.

Hopefully the next chapter will see Kou getting the closure he needs with Narumi and then becoming more assertive with his courting of Futaba. If not, I may lose patience with this and just put off reading the rest until it is done...

Oh! Who am I kidding! I'll still read it!
Jul 18, 2014 9:04 AM

Jul 2010
Pain this is just so painful
The fact that I am so mad at Futaba but she will realize sooner or later.
Touma saying that the relationship was forced ?!
I thought Futaba said yes willingly yet she was still confused at the time.
The author makes me mad but I like the drama
I don't ship Futaba with Touma but I will be still reading it
And I didn't know Kominato had a little sister,or was I asleep did he mention her at all?!
Jul 18, 2014 9:29 AM

Sep 2008
RosyXkid said:
And I didn't know Kominato had a little sister,or was I asleep did he mention her at all?!

Because until now, nobody talk about her in manga
some people know it from Character File
http://www.zerochan.net/1230148
Jul 18, 2014 2:36 PM
Jun 2013
I can only say that I liked this chapter because of what happened with Murao and Kominato, because I am deeply dissatisfied with the rest. They are awesome and I really love them both so much! They should just hurry up and date already since they make such a great couple (^_^), in comparison with a certain other couple I know. Which brings me back to my point. Wtf was this all with Futaba and Kikuchi? Especially Futaba!!! *AAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!*
Jul 18, 2014 2:39 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
RosyXkid said:

Month after month of frustration with this manga lately, lol. I was screaming no the whole time when Futaba and Touma were talking about expressing themselves more and how it looks like their relationship will keep going. Although I prefer Kou over Touma, I like how Sakisaka is trying to do something different here, how at least even though not everything is going perfectly well for Futaba and Touma's relationship, they're still willing to talk it out and try to fix things. Most other shoujo romance manga when this type of situation occurs, the female MC would just go, I'm sorry, I love someone else therefore I can't be with you. Or the guy would give up and say, *sigh* I always knew you liked that guy better, go and be happy cuz I can't do anything about it (okay not exactly like that but similar). I still think that the ending pair (if there is) will be Futaba and Kou, but not before Touma and Futaba keep trying their best to keep the relationship going for as long as possible.

ANYWAYS, I really liked the talk between Kominato and Shuuko ^^ Especially Shuuko's flashback with the granny, that was so cute. We still haven't learned much about Shuuko, but at least we are learning things about Kominato, how he came to be such a positive person as well as his background. Need more Shuuko and Kominato development :)

Ahhh, Narumi once again. Let's hope their talk will end well, meaning no hard feelings left behind. I agree with LlittleStar regarding Kou's decision to not leave Narumi alone in the first place, as well as why he didn't explain to Futaba. Yes Kou could have maybe done it better, but who in the world doesn't make mistakes? He's young, and he's had to deal with problems in his childhood. He doesn't open up to people easily, and he doesn't want people to be involved in his problems either. It took him this long for him to even open to people he could call his friends, I think he's come a long way. Idk what I'm even talking about anymore, but basically I just want to say that you can't blame everything on Kou. There's no one to blame, it's just how it went.
Jul 18, 2014 2:40 PM

Jan 2014
I wonder if there are still people who think that Touma wasn’t forceful the way he asked Futaba to give him an answer (when she was still vulnerable).
Anyway, I don’t get why he keeps surprise kissing and hugging her knowing that she doesn’t feel the same way as he does (What’s is the point of recognizing that he was forceful if he is going to continue doing it).

Hopefully, Kou will clear things out with Narumi next chapter. It would be interesting if Touma and Futaba end up going to the same place as Kou and Narumi. Then, maybe Touma, who has been trying to act tough every time he sees Kou, will confront Kou in front of Futaba and Narumi, only to once again lose that argument and giving Kou the opportunity to tell Futaba that he loves her and he was only trying to help Narumi (if Kou doesn’t, then he sucks).

Not sure whether to be happy or mad at Futaba, sure it is nice to know she still loves Kou, but at the same time it pisses me off that she keeps trying to go on with that fake relationship.
anamisan24Jul 18, 2014 2:59 PM
Jul 18, 2014 2:47 PM

Jul 2013
The suffering is real for Kou x Futaba shippers. Why is there this paranoid thought in the back of my head whispering that the author is trolling us and that the real story is the development of love between Futaba and that pissant Touma?
Jul 18, 2014 2:55 PM

Nov 2012
tingy said:
RosyXkid said:

Month after month of frustration with this manga lately, lol. I was screaming no the whole time when Futaba and Touma were talking about expressing themselves more and how it looks like their relationship will keep going. Although I prefer Kou over Touma, I like how Sakisaka is trying to do something different here, how at least even though not everything is going perfectly well for Futaba and Touma's relationship, they're still willing to talk it out and try to fix things. Most other shoujo romance manga when this type of situation occurs, the female MC would just go, I'm sorry, I love someone else therefore I can't be with you. Or the guy would give up and say, *sigh* I always knew you liked that guy better, go and be happy cuz I can't do anything about it (okay not exactly like that but similar). I still think that the ending pair (if there is) will be Futaba and Kou, but not before Touma and Futaba keep trying their best to keep the relationship going for as long as possible.

I see, so you prefer for the characters to be masochist and keep working on something that's is not working out. Anyway, the whole point of Touma x Futaba was for her to move on, yet you rather see Futaba keep forcing herself to like him (how is that moving on).
Jul 18, 2014 3:02 PM
Jun 2013
jose21 said:
tingy said:

I see, so you prefer for the characters to be masochist and keep working on something that's is not working out. Anyway, the whole point of Touma x Futaba was for her to move on, yet you rather see Futaba keep forcing herself to like him (how is that moving on).

Lol, you are soooo damn right but I just loved the way you put it into words! Thank you for making my day! :D (even though it's alreday 1am her :P )
Jul 18, 2014 3:09 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
jose21 said:
tingy said:

No I'm not saying I prefer character to be masochist, but merely commenting on how Sakisaka averts the usual shoujo romance route. I don't see Futaba forcing herself to like Touma because that has a negative connotation. I see Futaba trying to move on through working out her relationship with Touma. I know this is the modern world now and they actually have free will to like whoever they want, but in the past when many cultures had arranged-marriages, people would work it out. Of course not all couples end up super happy, but many still did. This situation reminds me of that, despite the fact that Futaba and Touma don't have to be in a relationship. What's wrong with trying to make a relationship work out? If it doesn't work out in the end, then it doesn't. But at least neither of them would be able to regret that they didn't at least try.
Jul 18, 2014 3:10 PM

Sep 2008
When Futaba character development go?
When she "break up with" Asumi and Chie and she was like I learn today that there are "this is something that can't be helped".
and now she go back to old Futaba with "Oh, I don't want be alone, so I will try again and again fallin in love with guy who likes me".

Just disappointed with Futaba character... -.-
Jul 18, 2014 3:15 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
LittleStar said:

Yeah, I'm disappointed with Futaba too :/ I don't remember Ninako being this frustrating when I read Strobe Edge.
Jul 18, 2014 3:34 PM

Dec 2012
So, to sum it up:
Futaba is an idiot
Kou is a jerk
Touma is manipulative (but also really sweet?)

I'm getting kind of fed up because I don't want someone who's so sweet to get hurt, especially when Kou is being a FUCK, but at the same time, it's like, he's kind of a dick and is pushing Futaba along. Idrc anyway. We all know it's gonna be Kou and Futaba at the end. I just hope Touma isn't too hurt by this shit.
Jul 18, 2014 3:36 PM
Jun 2013
LittleStar said:
When she "break up with" Asumi and Chie and she was like I learn today that there are "this is something that can't be helped".
and now she go back to old Futaba with "Oh, I don't want be alone, so I will try again and again fallin in love with guy who likes me".

I have to agree with all if that 100%. And let's not forget that she calmly moved on from that break up with her so called friends Asumi & Chie. Yet this time, she just keeps rembering the past and never moving on. Which is exactly why she should just make up with Kou and hurry and date each other already. The "this is something that can't be helped" that she thought applies to this situation as well. Her break up with Kikuchi-kun that is. It simply cannot be helped.
Jul 18, 2014 5:24 PM

Nov 2012
tingy said:

No I'm not saying I prefer character to be masochist, but merely commenting on how Sakisaka averts the usual shoujo romance route. I don't see Futaba forcing herself to like Touma because that has a negative connotation. I see Futaba trying to move on through working out her relationship with Touma. I know this is the modern world now and they actually have free will to like whoever they want, but in the past when many cultures had arranged-marriages, people would work it out. Of course not all couples end up super happy, but many still did. This situation reminds me of that, despite the fact that Futaba and Touma don't have to be in a relationship. What's wrong with trying to make a relationship work out? If it doesn't work out in the end, then it doesn't. But at least neither of them would be able to regret that they didn't at least try.

Wait......what???????????????? Thank god is the modern world LOL....

Anyway, I got what you are trying to say with Sakisaka trying to be different, and sure it could have been interesting. However, it is not because basically Futaba end up in a relationship that is not moving on while trying move on from a "failed" relationship wait that sounds weird, but(There is no moving on, is it). Also, isn't the whole moving on thing a bit hypocritical?.... how come Touma can't move on and look for someone else?.... why is it that only Futaba and Kou have to move on. Also, isn't moving on when
tingy said:

Most other shoujo romance manga when this type of situation occurs, the female MC would just go, I'm sorry, I love someone else therefore I can't be with you. Or the guy would give up and say, *sigh* I always knew you liked that guy better, go and be happy cuz I can't do anything about it (okay not exactly like that but similar).
Jul 18, 2014 6:37 PM

Aug 2008
Futaba keeps trying to convince herself and to 'prove' her love for Touma is real is so unbearable to read lol.

BUT as much as I dislike Futaba x Touma.....that kiss was pretty cute.
Jul 18, 2014 6:46 PM
Dec 2013
Aerensianic said:
The suffering is real for Kou x Futaba shippers. Why is there this paranoid thought in the back of my head whispering that the author is trolling us and that the real story is the development of love between Futaba and that pissant Touma?

I don't think so. Futaba tries to fall in love with him, she kind of forces herself so I don't think she will fall for him. But if she ends does end up with him (very unlikely) it will be because he is nice to her. Let's hope Kou and Futaba ends up together and it looks like it's mostly likely end up with them.
manganimelover1Jul 18, 2014 7:10 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 49 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LittleStar - Feb 11, 2015

107 by Rhaelynne »»
Mar 8, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Oct 11, 2014

98 by CoomSlayer69 »»
Oct 15, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 23 Discussion

blue-y - Nov 8, 2012

39 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Sep 8, 2012

65 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Nov 10, 2014

99 by minnaslay127 »»
Jun 4, 2023 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.