Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 11, 2014 7:14 AM

Feb 2014
Well i agree that this was such a bad development. While i already anticipated this silver being Deliora was so forced. But what i truly feel awkward was not the truth of Silver is Gray's father, but how it is revealed. It's too generic and bad for my taste the situation "i actually your ..... and don't plan to kill you all along", this will resort on another flashback to justifies Silver reason. He just can say he is Gray's father from the beginning and it's fine with me.

And if Gray know about it, why he not say it and try to discover Silver motive instead beat him and complained afterwards? bad forced twist.

And Ultear isn't dead, isn't? she just retired because she is too old.
Jul 11, 2014 7:19 AM

Feb 2014
Amazing chapter!!
Gray was amazing, and Wendy is turning into an anwesome character! Now more Wendy and Natsu!!

Jul 11, 2014 7:37 AM

Jul 2007
TheGrandSage23 said:
So wait.... Gray pretty much killed his own father? 100% flesh and blood father? While I like the fight I can't understand why Silver did this to test Gray...hopefully we get more answers. That's messed up but then again I read Rave so...yea stuff like that happened all the time

But yea it's a hollow victory

Yes. Gray is now responsible for majority of his real and adopted family's deaths.
Jul 11, 2014 8:11 AM

Mar 2014
The twist in 390 wasn't forced.. The only thing that seemed out of wack was Silver(besting posses by a demon) not acting like he should've been in people's eyes.. Silver is Gray's father.. It seems like people don't understand the concept of possession. I still don't think this twist was needed but that's my opinion... Silver being possessed by Deliora would've remained a good one if Hiro would've explained how Deliora was able to act like he had some sense

On one hand it does make much more sense and is much more explainable

On another Silver being possessed by Deliora could've played into the bigger plot

So it's like which do you have? Or silver could've just mentioned he wasn't possessed but then people would be calling it predictable.. Which people were half right at first but not the entire thing

I don't know..still iffy about this

TheGrandSage23Jul 11, 2014 8:16 AM
Jul 11, 2014 8:12 AM

Apr 2014
Wendy was cute...well she's always cute :)

Ohh didn't see that coming, it does make sense, when he didn't really actually try to kill/hurt/fight Natsu or even Lisanna..if it's Deliora they'll be in big trouble and like what the other said to the past chapters, how can he use ice magic.

Well a good background story would be great...and i am guessing that Silver already killed Deliora..as far as i remember that he was sealing "demons" like that "Giant's Town" where Corona grew up and he froze the fire dragon flame.

Silver's demon slaying magic is wasted :S could be a good weapon haha
lebAMJul 11, 2014 8:19 AM
Jul 11, 2014 8:14 AM
May 2013
That's why Gray is a much better main character than Natsu will even be.
Jul 11, 2014 8:15 AM

Apr 2008
HomeAlone said:

LOL what? For killing his own dad like a moron even though he could tell it was him and not Deliora. YOu're hilarious
Jul 11, 2014 8:44 AM

May 2013
So it is his dad then. That was some attack there..
Jul 11, 2014 8:48 AM
Jul 2014
I loved this chapter! not only did mashima twist silver's identity again but the double fake from gray? its too much for me to handle in 1 episode.

Anyways, here is my theory on this. gray will learn how to use ice demon slaying magic from his father and gray will save the day! honestly though, if u look at 392 page 7 u can see that silver is actually concerned about gray. and that this feels like the fairy exam on tenrou island when natsu went up against gildarts, except now its gray and silver. perhaps silver is trying to get gray across a mental hurdle?
Jul 11, 2014 9:43 AM

Mar 2014
What a "ego-twisting scenario" ..
gray won with the power of memories !!
Pretty good chapter !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2014 9:44 AM

Apr 2008
AnimeLaver01 said:
What a "ego-twisting scenario" ..
gray won with the power of memories !!
Pretty good chapter !!!

Not the first time. Remember his fight with Ultear.
Jul 11, 2014 10:21 AM
Jul 2013
Know I'm confused... Really confused :s
Jul 11, 2014 10:39 AM

May 2014
Darklight0303 said:
HomeAlone said:

LOL what? For killing his own dad like a moron even though he could tell it was him and not Deliora. YOu're hilarious

you rly hate gray dont you? the damn story between gray and silver is not over and you are already complaining....

gray never used ice sculpter, that last attack, creating ice floors in the sky to jump around.... isnt that strong? you hate gray end of story
Yes, we may fall but there is something that we can do.... LIVE
Jul 11, 2014 11:16 AM

Nov 2013
It's not really about hating Gray.

It's more about hating the fact that Mashima introduced Gray's father just to use it for a stupid fight and get rid of it.
Jul 11, 2014 11:24 AM

Feb 2012
Well ain't that some shit my dudes.

But still Gray ain't no bitch, hope it all stays like this and he keeps the G status, wouldn't like it if they save Silver and he joins FT later, FOH with that.
Jul 11, 2014 11:27 AM

Apr 2008
kakoa1234 said:
Darklight0303 said:

you rly hate gray dont you? the damn story between gray and silver is not over and you are already complaining....

gray never used ice sculpter, that last attack, creating ice floors in the sky to jump around.... isnt that strong? you hate gray end of story

No it's not strong. It's convenient and situational. Gray was never about destructive power. That's what you don't get. You want to see Ice powers used destructively? Go read Akame Ga Kill and look as Esdese/Esdeath. THat is how you use Ice powers destructively.

short_review said:

It's more about hating the fact that Mashima introduced Gray's father just to use it for a stupid fight and get rid of it.

Pretty much this especially since there was a much better alternative.
Darklight0303Jul 11, 2014 11:35 AM
Jul 11, 2014 11:55 AM

Sep 2010
Gray's dad is shitty at playing catch. Lame. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 11, 2014 12:09 PM

Apr 2010
This is why I mainly read FT for the action, not really the story (although it does have good parts). At least we can expect a decent background flashback now ?

Still waiting for Lucy to get her "moment" in the manga ... not the helplessness, torture or weak moments that have been shown up to this point.
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Jul 11, 2014 12:23 PM
Apr 2012
Fantastic chapter as always. Gray was badass this chapter, glad he remembered his promise. Finding out Silver really is Grays father and not Deliora was a great end to the chapter. Wendy proving herself yet again this arc. Her and Lucy have really shone in this arc. Gathering all the Guilds in the continent? Oh damn that is gonna be insane.

SD_CV said:
Still waiting for Lucy to get her "moment" in the manga ... not the helplessness, torture or weak moments that have been shown up to this point.

You... you cannot be serious? Do you actually read this series? Are you even reading the current arc? I'm going to guess not otherwise you wouldn't be saying such a ludicrous thing.
Jul 11, 2014 12:37 PM
May 2014
so hiro followed up the plot twist with a plot twist but without the first plot twist the second plot twist wouldn't have been a plot twist but because of the first plot twist the second plot twist was a twist on what we thought we knew from the first plot twist making it a plot twist inside of a plot twist. and anyone who followed that gets five internet points. :P
Jul 11, 2014 1:31 PM

May 2014
Darklight0303 said:
kakoa1234 said:

No it's not strong. It's convenient and situational. Gray was never about destructive power. That's what you don't get. You want to see Ice powers used destructively? Go read Akame Ga Kill and look as Esdese/Esdeath. THat is how you use Ice powers destructively.

short_review said:

Pretty much this especially since there was a much better alternative.

Its not about destructive power iam talking, i know gray is not that kind of guy like Natsu, Gajeel, Laxus etc. but you dont need to have a destructive power to win matches wtf?! Its true Slayer mages are the strongest i know that, but saying gray is weak/medium is BS! Gray as equal power as Natsu without Dragon Force ( That power is OP xD)

Maybe puting is father into to this is quiet a mess but we need to see where this is going right? Gray power is to create and can pierce anything he doesnt have a descrutive power but he has a fierce attack and defense!

PS: Gray is not my fav character, that title goes for Laxus because is a completly badass :D)
Jul 11, 2014 2:19 PM

Jun 2013
aha...SO Every Guild in Fiore Vs Tartaros?....I like the Plan Already!!!! XD
Damn Wendy look both cool and Cute

"I surpass Deliora"? shouldn't it be I Surpass Ur? And no chance....Gray to use it...Natsu will kick hiss ass if he does...and he Promised...didn't he? XD
WAit..WTF GRAY!!!?!?!?!....Wheew.....just for moment...I was Afraid....*wipes Sweat*

Rot In HELL DELIORA!!!!.....WAIT!!!??!!? SILVER ACTUALLY WAS!!?!?!?! WTF IS GOING ON HERE!!!! Why He would turn to be Evil!?
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jul 11, 2014 2:28 PM

Jul 2010
Now I am just confused is he or not Deliora ?!
Making me doubt and now even more like wat?!
It's a twist over another twist
Good one Mashima
Wendy sure looks promising will Mest help his Loli?!
The Gravia part was awesome
Touching that he remembered all the people .
That ending though is he really?!
Jul 11, 2014 2:49 PM

May 2013
Good chapter this week. I'm not judging Silver really being Gray's father until next chapter where we get the back story of why Silver did all this. Gray is definitely my favorite male character in Fairy Tail (with Erza being best female of course).
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jul 11, 2014 4:18 PM
Jun 2014
Darklight0303 said:
kakoa1234 said:

wouldnt that be the same? ultear dad would realize that gray good boy protecting Ur and Ul names and then he would lose in human form as well ....

boring? we are seeing one of the best fights,emotional etc. in FT....admit it you hate gray.

testing? k

Here's the thing he wouldn't know that. He would only know that Gray is responsible for the death of his wife and kid. That's it. If he learned that through the fight then fine.

Here's more proof that this is nothing but an isolated subplot. Answer me these questions three:

Is this plotline related in any way to End?

Is this plotline in any way related to Marde?

Is this plotline in any way related to Face?

The answer to all of those is no. It's self contained. A grain of dust that changes NOTHING in the grand scheme of this arc. It doesn't even make Gray any stronger since he just threw an iron ball with a giant ice arm. Not a new technique and certainly not something he'll be able to use at any time and hell Gajeel would just eat the damn thing if he tried.

Lucy was connected to Marde and saved everyone allowing FT to start fighting back. The connection to Marde came from the Spirit King.

Wendy was connected to face since she is now pretty much the leading force behind getting all the guilds to destroy the damn things.

Natsu I don't even have to mention since he has multiple connections the main one being Zeref and End.

Makarov is connected via Lumen Histoire. THe list goes on.

Now tell me what Gray's little thing achieved. Other than a deadly game of catch that Silver was going to throw anyway?

You are a clueless dunce Darklight.

Gray has shown better speed movements, durability feats, intelligence feats, and ofcourse he can endure a lot more now.

It's less pointless than Natsu's bullshit fight over Franmalt.

Gray has improved more as a mage and fighter, and that was the point of his plotline.

Quit being butthurt.
Jul 11, 2014 5:17 PM

Apr 2008
BladeTurner said:
Darklight0303 said:

Here's the thing he wouldn't know that. He would only know that Gray is responsible for the death of his wife and kid. That's it. If he learned that through the fight then fine.

Here's more proof that this is nothing but an isolated subplot. Answer me these questions three:

Is this plotline related in any way to End?

Is this plotline in any way related to Marde?

Is this plotline in any way related to Face?

The answer to all of those is no. It's self contained. A grain of dust that changes NOTHING in the grand scheme of this arc. It doesn't even make Gray any stronger since he just threw an iron ball with a giant ice arm. Not a new technique and certainly not something he'll be able to use at any time and hell Gajeel would just eat the damn thing if he tried.

Lucy was connected to Marde and saved everyone allowing FT to start fighting back. The connection to Marde came from the Spirit King.

Wendy was connected to face since she is now pretty much the leading force behind getting all the guilds to destroy the damn things.

Natsu I don't even have to mention since he has multiple connections the main one being Zeref and End.

Makarov is connected via Lumen Histoire. THe list goes on.

Now tell me what Gray's little thing achieved. Other than a deadly game of catch that Silver was going to throw anyway?

You are a clueless dunce Darklight.

Gray has shown better speed movements, durability feats, intelligence feats, and ofcourse he can endure a lot more now.

It's less pointless than Natsu's bullshit fight over Franmalt.

Gray has improved more as a mage and fighter, and that was the point of his plotline.

Quit being butthurt.

Yep it's official. You're deluded. Also you didn't counter my points at all.
Jul 11, 2014 8:05 PM

Dec 2012
The only person who's deluded is you Darklight, quit your hating annoying Natsu fan. Gray will always be a much better character than that pathetic plot filled boring waste and incredibly big time moron known as Natsu.
Jul 11, 2014 8:06 PM

Dec 2012
Baku219 said:
Good chapter this week. I'm not judging Silver really being Gray's father until next chapter where we get the back story of why Silver did all this. Gray is definitely my favorite male character in Fairy Tail (with Erza being best female of course).

yep Gray was a beast in this chapter. Loved his determination and endurance. he's one of my favourite characters along with erza, mirajane and gajeel.
Jul 11, 2014 8:12 PM

Jan 2014
so essentially like usual Darklight is crying that his prediction turned to be wrong. what a predictable little fellar, and is showing them tears toward everyone who disagrees with his stance.

Chapter was alright, was expecting more, but this is Mashima, so its not surprising.
Overall in the two chap fight, some of Gray's spells were certainly cool. His speed is impressive.

Silver was meh
Jul 12, 2014 1:14 AM

Apr 2008
Oh lookie. The gray defense zealots are out in force. What a circus you make. Well enjoy your little bit of happyness while it lasts. Gray is going to be taking a backseat now. Since he has nothing to do with Zeref or the dragons both of which are the core plot of the whole series.

valker said:
The only person who's deluded is you Darklight, quit your hating annoying Natsu fan. Gray will always be a much better character than that pathetic plot filled boring waste and incredibly big time moron known as Natsu.

Oh boy you wanna talk plot filled? His fight with Ultear was bullshit. She would have destroyed him if not for Mama Ul in the ocean with her memories of the truth that paralyzed her.

And then you have Silver. Silver who if he'd been Deliora, would have curbstomped Gray without batting an eyelash. THAT'S PLOT right there.

His fight with Doriarte. If that was any old Ice and not Silver's he would have lost to that guy too.

If you tell yourself that Gray is some magic exception that doesn't win through plot you seriously need to get your facts straight because you look like a chimp in a circus.
Darklight0303Jul 12, 2014 1:26 AM
Jul 12, 2014 1:28 AM

May 2014
darklight it seems you just want the "essential characters" in the manga.... Yeah Natsu and Lucy are and always will be the main characters in almost every arc ( but all members of FT have their roles ones more than others)

Gray is strong as Natsu ( without dragon force) end of period, you just want to see the main plots going...

Now imagine Silver giving something to Gray to beat Tartaros? Yeah now Gray is part of the main plot...

Back there you said wendy was essential? ok true but now every guild will be too... so that mean only Gray in out of plot? bro get your facts done man and stoping hating him
Jul 12, 2014 1:36 AM

Apr 2008
kakoa1234 said:
darklight it seems you just want the "essential characters" in the manga.... Yeah Natsu and Lucy are and always will be the main characters in almost every arc ( but all members of FT have their roles ones more than others)

Gray is strong as Natsu ( without dragon force) end of period, you just want to see the main plots going...

Now imagine Silver giving something to Gray to beat Tartaros? Yeah now Gray is part of the main plot...

Back there you said wendy was essential? ok true but now every guild will be too... so that mean only Gray in out of plot? bro get your facts done man and stoping hating him

Except him getting ice demon slayer would be out of character for Gray who for the longest of time has preached how all he needs is Ul's magic since that's the best. Every time he's gone on and on about that.

Get your facts straight. I don't hate Gray. I couldn't care less about him. But when I see ignorant bullshit like how oh he's more developed, oh his fights are less bullshit. THat's what rustles my jimmies as it were. Because it's not true at all. He has just as much bullshit as everyone else and you people are lying to yourselves thinking otherwise.

Oh by the way. SOmeone mentioned the use of Ice clones was new. It's actually not. he used them during the beginning of the Tower of Heaven Arc in the cassino. So that's one point minus for supposed magic development
Darklight0303Jul 12, 2014 2:08 AM
Jul 12, 2014 1:52 AM

May 2014
You are my friend >.> i respect your opinion but shitting on Gray for no damn reason that i dont respect!!
Jul 12, 2014 2:41 AM

Nov 2013
kakoa1234 said:
You are my friend >.>

Jul 12, 2014 4:02 AM

May 2013
Damn dude.
Jul 12, 2014 4:23 AM

Jul 2013
Using Iced Shell twice as a diversion for the main attack... nice going gray.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jul 12, 2014 4:44 AM

Dec 2013
HORY SHIT
one of the best FT chapters
Jul 12, 2014 4:46 AM

May 2014
short_review said:
kakoa1234 said:
You are my friend >.>

HAHAHA omg i wrote that? i wrote that after i woke up xD
Jul 12, 2014 5:03 AM

May 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Oh lookie. The gray defense zealots are out in force. What a circus you make. Well enjoy your little bit of happyness while it lasts. Gray is going to be taking a backseat now. Since he has nothing to do with Zeref or the dragons both of which are the core plot of the whole series.

valker said:

Oh boy you wanna talk plot filled? His fight with Ultear was bullshit. She would have destroyed him if not for Mama Ul in the ocean with her memories of the truth that paralyzed her.

And then you have Silver. Silver who if he'd been Deliora, would have curbstomped Gray without batting an eyelash. THAT'S PLOT right there.

His fight with Doriarte. If that was any old Ice and not Silver's he would have lost to that guy too.

If you tell yourself that Gray is some magic exception that doesn't win through plot you seriously need to get your facts straight because you look like a chimp in a circus.

Natsu vs Gerard he won cause he ate eterion (jellal would finish him if wasnt hurt by erza)

Natsu vs Laxus - laxus fought with mystogan erza gajeel and natsu he would have won if wasnt gajeel blocking his last attack... you want more?

Zero vs Natsu - jellal gave an op flames to him... more?

Natsu vs Future rogue - atlas flame gave another op power to him

Gray had is fghts and won, only Ul could defeat him if it wasnt stopped by her mother....

Silver dint wanted to kill gray (maybe) but he wanted him to suffer A LOT but gray won ALONE
Jul 12, 2014 5:07 AM

Apr 2008
kakoa1234 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Natsu vs Gerard he won cause he ate eterion (jellal would finish him if wasnt hurt by erza)

Natsu vs Laxus - laxus fought with mystogan erza gajeel and natsu he would have won if wasnt gajeel blocking his last attack... you want more?

Gray had is fghts and won, only Ul could defeat him

Yep you're hopeless. If you think only Ul could defeat him you're even more delusional than I gave you credit. Especially since Ul herself said repeatedly that there are stronger mages than her out there. So really you guys love to put Gray on a pedestal he has no business being on because he is no different in asspulls from the rest of the cast no matter how much you tell yourself that he is
Jul 12, 2014 6:35 AM

May 2014
Can you be smart? i was talking about GRAY HIS FIGHTS not in general, see you hate him so much that you cant even read well... you even offend someone to make your opinion worth it!

I know there are strongest mages... are you dumb? i guess not, but you just cant stand Gray is indeed strong...

Jul 12, 2014 12:43 PM

Jan 2014
Darklight0303 said:

valker said:

Natsu was getting his ass kicked by Zancrow, even manhandled like it was child's play. getting fucked. you know how Natsu won? through bullshit nakama power and through an asspull where he conveniently freed up his mana, which makarov stated he would've died.

Silver was always his father, you're just deluded enough to not realize that. Deliora was fuckign dead for 10 years, why would Mashima bring him back?

All of Natsu's victories are through plot. his fighting style is one of the generic and lame, consisisting of the same fighting style other main shounen characters show.

Gray>Natsu. deal with it :>

go seek a therapist. deranged moron.
Jul 12, 2014 1:59 PM

Apr 2013
Wow, he really was his dad O.o

Jul 12, 2014 6:01 PM

Dec 2012
Darklight0303 said:
kakoa1234 said:

Gray had is fghts and won, only Ul could defeat him

Yep you're hopeless. If you think only Ul could defeat him you're even more delusional than I gave you credit. Especially since Ul herself said repeatedly that there are stronger mages than her out there. So really you guys love to put Gray on a pedestal he has no business being on because he is no different in asspulls from the rest of the cast no matter how much you tell yourself that he is

you're the loonie who's hopeless here. People gave you good supporting evidence to their arguments, you conveniently spun it around as if you are implying that anything you do is credible.

Gray has always been a much superior character than Natsu, but your too butthurt to realize that lol :3
Jul 12, 2014 7:28 PM

Nov 2013
Let's agree that both are terrible characters, ok?
Jul 12, 2014 9:06 PM

Feb 2014
short_review said:
This,+ 1000.
Jul 12, 2014 9:51 PM

Dec 2012
@the two idiots above, Gray isn't a terrible character, considering he's one of the best developed ones. Natsu however is terrible.
Jul 12, 2014 9:55 PM
Jun 2014
short_review said:

I'd agree if it was Natsu alone.

Gray on the other hand is badass.

How about mentioning who your favourite character is, you coward.

MShukyDeneuve said:
short_review said:
This,+ 1000.

are you stupid? because you obviously don't have a brain to agree to something that ridiculous.

Gray is a beast.
Jul 12, 2014 9:59 PM

Dec 2012
^Ignore those two ignorant clueless people aka :Mshuky/short_review. They have no idea of what they are talking about.

Gray-sama is one of my favourite characters, he's one loveable sexy stud. I loved this chapter because it was unexpected so that made it interesting, and it was funny to see silver fans go ape shit xD.

Well done Gray-sama <3
Jul 12, 2014 11:30 PM

Apr 2013
Gray thinking of Juvia... <3

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.