Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 11, 2014 2:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well done indeed Gray, well done. And looks like he says the quote of "You're my Father".
Jul 11, 2014 2:04 AM

Jan 2012
So the whole Deliora thing was a ruse?

Also Wendy is certainly proactive this arc huh? She's really been instrumental.
Jul 11, 2014 2:10 AM

Dec 2011
This keeps getting better and better...Gray was totally awesome this chapter.Well seems like every one is getting their moments.Next Wendy?
Dunno why i feels like this might be the last arc....i hope it's not
Jul 11, 2014 2:16 AM
Oct 2013
kaitonic said:
This keeps getting better and better...Gray was totally awesome this chapter.Well seems like every one is getting their moments.Next Wendy?
It shouldn't be, if I recall, Mashima had planned three more major arcs after Grand Magic Games.

Anyways, not sure what to think about the chapter. Gray was epic but that last page.. o.O
Jul 11, 2014 2:18 AM

Jul 2010
kaitonic said:

cant remember where i read this this, but i believe it is
Jul 11, 2014 2:19 AM

May 2013
Good job Gray. Well done defeating your father.

Next chapter is about Silver's past perhaps.
Jul 11, 2014 2:20 AM

May 2014
Gray's so strong!
Can't wait for the next chapter!
Crzykido said:
kaitonic said:

cant remember where i read this this, but i believe it is

Wait, what? That can't be. :(
There's so many more adventures to come for them. :<
Jul 11, 2014 2:21 AM

Dec 2013
I'm really liking the new Wendy. Decent ending to the fight though that ending really took me by surprise. Definitely looking forward to the feels in the next chapter. 5/5
Jul 11, 2014 2:26 AM

Apr 2008
So Deliora is not even Deliora. Then Silver was likely never gonna kill him and was just testing him. Therfore this is a hollow victory for Gray. If it was really Deliora he'd be dead. End of story
Jul 11, 2014 2:32 AM

Aug 2012
Not too bad of an ending for that fight compared to the other ones seen before, good job Gray.
Jul 11, 2014 2:34 AM

Mar 2014
So wait.... Gray pretty much killed his own father? 100% flesh and blood father? While I like the fight I can't understand why Silver did this to test Gray...hopefully we get more answers. That's messed up but then again I read Rave so...yea stuff like that happened all the time

But yea it's a hollow victory
TheGrandSage23Jul 11, 2014 2:40 AM
Jul 11, 2014 2:37 AM

Sep 2012
lol wut?
I really enjoyed how Gray won the battle. But um, it's actually his dad.
That's quite something.
Jul 11, 2014 2:39 AM

May 2014
I'm guessing Silver has some vital connection to Deliora, or maybe Deliora had some kind of pact with him... i mean silver died in the rampage of Deliora right?So he was ressurected like he said.
Jul 11, 2014 2:40 AM

Oct 2013
I think...I have to cry... T-T

Great chapter again! So it's the real Silver?
Jul 11, 2014 2:43 AM
Feb 2013
how come silver knows natsu?all the explanation he gave to gray on how he revived in the hell's core? was that a lie? my brains hurt..............ugggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

ratings: 5/5.hahah aha ha

i have to wait next chapter for the explaination! oh, by the way, maybe it will reveal next chapter why he visited a grave!................still my mind blows........→_→
Jul 11, 2014 3:04 AM

Apr 2008
Bah at least this sub plotline is finally over. We can move on to the core of the arc. End, Face and the rest of Tartaros. Clearly Mashima just wanted to finish Gray's side thing qucikly.
Jul 11, 2014 3:10 AM
Feb 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Bah at least this sub plotline is finally over. We can move on to the core of the arc. End, Face and the rest of Tartaros. Clearly Mashima just wanted to finish Gray's side thing qucikly.

you hate gray,don't you?
Jul 11, 2014 3:11 AM

Dec 2008
It was an okay chapter. I just hope Silver is actually in some way connected to Deliora and its not just a test to see if Gray can defeat Tartaros.

I miss me some helmetless Kyouka.
Jul 11, 2014 3:24 AM

May 2014
darkight rly pisses me off.... nothing seems to be good for you.... or you hate gray or you are a guy who just want things like he wants....

deliora was 2 mission of fairy tail and it is not a sub plotline....

gray won with a badass move against human form.... maybe he would lose vs the true form of deliora but he couldnt suck ice mage anymore....

maybe he is indeed deliora but the human form as some conscious of gray is father....
Yes, we may fall but there is something that we can do.... LIVE
Jul 11, 2014 3:26 AM

May 2014
testing him? how do you even know that?
Jul 11, 2014 3:31 AM

Mar 2013
For like a secnd I thought gray was actually going to use iced shell. Mashima quit tricking me!!!

Next chapter is called silver's memories. Hopefully we'll get a thorough explanation on what exactly Silver is trying to do, and/ or what exactly he is.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Jul 11, 2014 3:35 AM

Apr 2008
kakoa1234 said:
darkight rly pisses me off.... nothing seems to be good for you.... or you hate gray or you are a guy who just want things like he wants....

gray won with a badass move against human form.... maybe he would lose vs the true form of deliora but he couldnt suck ice mage anymore....

maybe he is indeed deliora but the human form as some conscious of gray is father....

Not really. I hate the deliora gray's dad plotline. It would have made so much more sense for it to be Ultear's dad with an actual genuine grudge on Gray. Instead we get this boring and cheap development. Oh I am Deliora. PSYKE. I'm actually your dad and I was never gonna really kill you. Just look at how scared I was when you were about to sacrifice yourself. This whole mini subplot was a joke.
Jul 11, 2014 3:43 AM

May 2014
Darklight0303 said:
kakoa1234 said:

Not really. I hate the deliora gray's dad plotline. It would have made so much more sense for it to be Ultear's dad with an actual genuine grudge on Gray. Instead we get this boring and cheap development. Oh I am Deliora. PSYKE. I'm actually your dad and I was never gonna really kill you. Just look at how scared I was when you were about to sacrifice yourself. This whole mini subplot was a joke.
[quote=Darklight0303][quote=kakoa1234]darkight rly pisses me off.... nothing seems to be good for you.... or you hate gray or you are a guy who just want things like he wants....

wouldnt that be the same? ultear dad would realize that gray is good boy protecting Ur and Ul names and then he would lose in human form as well ....

boring? we are seeing one of the best fights,emotional etc. in FT....admit it you hate gray.

testing? we dont know it yet

IcestormsJul 11, 2014 3:46 AM
Jul 11, 2014 3:47 AM

Apr 2008
kakoa1234 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Darklight0303 said:

wouldnt that be the same? ultear dad would realize that gray good boy protecting Ur and Ul names and then he would lose in human form as well ....

boring? we are seeing one of the best fights,emotional etc. in FT....admit it you hate gray.

testing? k

Here's the thing he wouldn't know that. He would only know that Gray is responsible for the death of his wife and kid. That's it. If he learned that through the fight then fine.

Here's more proof that this is nothing but an isolated subplot. Answer me these questions three:

Is this plotline related in any way to End?

Is this plotline in any way related to Marde?

Is this plotline in any way related to Face?

The answer to all of those is no. It's self contained. A grain of dust that changes NOTHING in the grand scheme of this arc. It doesn't even make Gray any stronger since he just threw an iron ball with a giant ice arm. Not a new technique and certainly not something he'll be able to use at any time and hell Gajeel would just eat the damn thing if he tried.

Lucy was connected to Marde and saved everyone allowing FT to start fighting back. The connection to Marde came from the Spirit King.

Wendy was connected to face since she is now pretty much the leading force behind getting all the guilds to destroy the damn things.

Natsu I don't even have to mention since he has multiple connections the main one being Zeref and End.

Makarov is connected via Lumen Histoire. THe list goes on.

Now tell me what Gray's little thing achieved. Other than a deadly game of catch that Silver was going to throw anyway?
Darklight0303Jul 11, 2014 4:01 AM
Jul 11, 2014 3:48 AM
Sep 2012
So Silver is not Deliora and is Gray's father, what is going on, make up your mind.

Anyway a nice chapter, it if offical we have other guilds coming, I thought for sure Lyon would appear at the end. I like the montage, I am sure all the Gruvia fans will be histic, he cares enough to at least think about her. I am sure that is what they are saying. Nice that another couple got a moment, it is nice that NatLu get their moments, but let's share the wealth.

So Silver is really Gray's dad and he wanted to Gray to kill him, so that is why he antagonise him so much. Well I knew something was up that Silver was still in there somewhere in his reaction to Gray about to use Ice Shield. But he really is Gray's dad?

I am guessing he was dad, the demons found his corpse and revived him, and he like Minerva a few chapters, wanted to die and not be a half demon.

Good chapter, can't wait to see what the true deal with Silver is, and other guilds yay. Which mean the Lamia Scale including Jura and Lyon, the rest of Sabertooth including Yukino which could lead to a reunion with her sister, Mermaid Heel which includes Kagura, even Blue Pegasus they are good few laughs and a couple of the guys are cool, and Quarto Cerbes yay I will excited, okay I am being sarcastic who really cares about them?

I just thought of something what is Silver both Gray and Ultear's dad. Maybe he was the Gildarts of his time. So maybe he and Ur where married, Ur was pregnent and Silver found out he left, than he meet Gray's mom and had a family of his own. Just throwing it out there. Why does he ever know about Ur?
Jul 11, 2014 3:51 AM

Dec 2012
Gray was awesome this chapter.
Wendy is not finished yet.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 11, 2014 3:53 AM
Apr 2013
So that wasn't Deliora.
Man, talk about a twist in a twist.
Nice chapter.
Jul 11, 2014 4:21 AM

Dec 2012
So... plot un-twist?
Jul 11, 2014 4:40 AM

Nov 2013

Wendy just look so childish now....

Why did Hiro had to cut Wendy hair to give her such childish looks???

What a waste.... my favourite character in FT is now with awful looks!!
Personal tastes are like peoples behinds, each one has its own,
and only those who wants to find [...] will smell one another.

Jul 11, 2014 4:46 AM

Apr 2008
DarkMoonWolf said:

Don't worry it'll grow back. Just look at Freed after the Festival arc
Jul 11, 2014 4:47 AM

Aug 2010
So twist-ception? XD

That was quite a nice win, piercing his dad with a ball lol

And yay! Gray really does love Juvia. Just look at that panel he thought about her in >.< Gruvia <3
Jul 11, 2014 5:13 AM

Nov 2013
Darklight0303 said:

/agree

Mashima : Eh I had a not so good idea. Let's change it for another not so good idea but since it's another twist people will say it's good because it's a twist !

nope sir
short_reviewJul 11, 2014 5:30 AM
Jul 11, 2014 5:27 AM
Apr 2011
Patricide? Has anyone really died in FT yet that is related to the good guys? D:
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Jul 11, 2014 5:31 AM

Apr 2008
saltncheese said:
Patricide? Has anyone really died in FT yet that is related to the good guys? D:

Simon, Ul, Ultear,
Jul 11, 2014 5:40 AM

Nov 2013
Ultear is dead?
Jul 11, 2014 5:47 AM

Dec 2013
Mixed feelings about how Wendy's 'personality' has changed so much... i mean, she looks cool but I love her past self too :/

Seems like we're gonna have a bunch of feels next chapter ;_;
Silver's past can't be anything simply considering how he lied to Gray with the demon he hated the most, and how he tested Gray knowing that his life would be at risk.

"Well Done" indeed, Silver ):
Jul 11, 2014 5:47 AM
Feb 2013
according to the mangastream, the steelball came from the rubble, so it means it was there all the time because we all know that silver froze the sorroundings, so for those people who said it was an asspull, stop the bullshitness and read the mangastream, mangapanda is a shit translation, it was said that the steelball came from the sun village, where in fact the steelball came at the place where gray and silver fought!
myanime2Jul 11, 2014 5:52 AM
Jul 11, 2014 5:57 AM

Apr 2008
myanime2 said:
according to the mangastream, the steelball came from the rubble, so it means it was there all the time because we all know that silver froze the sorroundings, so for those people who said it was an asspull, stop the bullshitness and read the mangastream, mangapanda is a shit translation, it was said that the steelball came from the sun village, where in fact the steelball came at the place where gray and silver fought!

The steelball wasn't an asspull. The whole development was.
Jul 11, 2014 6:32 AM

Jul 2013
Well that was anticlimactic.
Jul 11, 2014 6:46 AM

Jun 2012
DarkMoonWolf said:

Don't fret. Lucy has Cancer's magical scissors.
Jul 11, 2014 7:14 AM

Feb 2014
Well i agree that this was such a bad development. While i already anticipated this silver being Deliora was so forced. But what i truly feel awkward was not the truth of Silver is Gray's father, but how it is revealed. It's too generic and bad for my taste the situation "i actually your ..... and don't plan to kill you all along", this will resort on another flashback to justifies Silver reason. He just can say he is Gray's father from the beginning and it's fine with me.

And if Gray know about it, why he not say it and try to discover Silver motive instead beat him and complained afterwards? bad forced twist.

And Ultear isn't dead, isn't? she just retired because she is too old.
Jul 11, 2014 7:19 AM

Feb 2014
Amazing chapter!!
Gray was amazing, and Wendy is turning into an anwesome character! Now more Wendy and Natsu!!

Jul 11, 2014 7:37 AM

Jul 2007
TheGrandSage23 said:
So wait.... Gray pretty much killed his own father? 100% flesh and blood father? While I like the fight I can't understand why Silver did this to test Gray...hopefully we get more answers. That's messed up but then again I read Rave so...yea stuff like that happened all the time

But yea it's a hollow victory

Yes. Gray is now responsible for majority of his real and adopted family's deaths.
Jul 11, 2014 8:11 AM

Mar 2014
The twist in 390 wasn't forced.. The only thing that seemed out of wack was Silver(besting posses by a demon) not acting like he should've been in people's eyes.. Silver is Gray's father.. It seems like people don't understand the concept of possession. I still don't think this twist was needed but that's my opinion... Silver being possessed by Deliora would've remained a good one if Hiro would've explained how Deliora was able to act like he had some sense

On one hand it does make much more sense and is much more explainable

On another Silver being possessed by Deliora could've played into the bigger plot

So it's like which do you have? Or silver could've just mentioned he wasn't possessed but then people would be calling it predictable.. Which people were half right at first but not the entire thing

I don't know..still iffy about this

TheGrandSage23Jul 11, 2014 8:16 AM
Jul 11, 2014 8:12 AM

Apr 2014
Wendy was cute...well she's always cute :)

Ohh didn't see that coming, it does make sense, when he didn't really actually try to kill/hurt/fight Natsu or even Lisanna..if it's Deliora they'll be in big trouble and like what the other said to the past chapters, how can he use ice magic.

Well a good background story would be great...and i am guessing that Silver already killed Deliora..as far as i remember that he was sealing "demons" like that "Giant's Town" where Corona grew up and he froze the fire dragon flame.

Silver's demon slaying magic is wasted :S could be a good weapon haha
lebAMJul 11, 2014 8:19 AM
Jul 11, 2014 8:14 AM
May 2013
That's why Gray is a much better main character than Natsu will even be.
Jul 11, 2014 8:15 AM

Apr 2008
HomeAlone said:
That's why Gray is a much better main character than Natsu will even be.

LOL what? For killing his own dad like a moron even though he could tell it was him and not Deliora. YOu're hilarious
Jul 11, 2014 8:44 AM

May 2013
So it is his dad then. That was some attack there..
Jul 11, 2014 8:48 AM
Jul 2014
I loved this chapter! not only did mashima twist silver's identity again but the double fake from gray? its too much for me to handle in 1 episode.

Anyways, here is my theory on this. gray will learn how to use ice demon slaying magic from his father and gray will save the day! honestly though, if u look at 392 page 7 u can see that silver is actually concerned about gray. and that this feels like the fairy exam on tenrou island when natsu went up against gildarts, except now its gray and silver. perhaps silver is trying to get gray across a mental hurdle?
Jul 11, 2014 9:43 AM

Mar 2014
What a "ego-twisting scenario" ..
gray won with the power of memories !!
Pretty good chapter !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 244 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wasabi - Jul 22, 2011

69 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 234 Discussion ( 1 2 )

smokes - May 16, 2011

51 by aod-kun »»
Mar 16, 10:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.