Forum Settings
Forums

If you a chance to destroy a genre in anime what would it be and why?

New
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jul 23, 2014 5:54 PM

Jun 2014
MrsKotobuki said:
Harem, because not only is it boring and often times misogynistic, but the main male character is almost always 100% really uninteresting and bland.
I agree, I hate harem for that very reason... Stupid.
Jul 23, 2014 6:54 PM

Apr 2014
The comedy/ecchi/harem combination is a put off for me.

Jul 23, 2014 6:57 PM

Jun 2014
Heizei_koukousei said:
The comedy/ecchi/harem combination is a put off for me.
agreed
Jul 23, 2014 9:02 PM

Apr 2011
Yuri, Yaoi, and shonen-ai
Jul 23, 2014 9:27 PM

Mar 2013
Harem and/or ecchi in general
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Jul 23, 2014 9:29 PM

May 2012
Why would you destroy a genre? You know you are depriving others of something they like. Christ, so many selfish/arrogant people.
Jul 30, 2014 4:12 PM

Jul 2014
I wouldn't destroy any anime genre! It's mean on other anime watcher's to then say oh that's gone cya -wave- NO! Let people watch what they want to watch - people complainin' 'n' shit...

Saw the thread's title and knew exactly that everyone would moan about ecchi etc..
Only an idiot starts a fight he can't win. — Sora
Jul 30, 2014 5:50 PM

May 2010
gissellebatista said:
Why would I want to eliminate a genre, that would be so selfish. Even if there's one genre I hate, still there's people out there who enjoys it.
Jul 30, 2014 6:04 PM

May 2014
None, why would I want to destroy something harmless that people like just because I personally don't?
Aug 2, 2014 8:12 AM

Jul 2014
I'd have to say ecchi and lolicon. This is because they are partly responsible for why anime fans suffer the social stigma that they do.
Take care of yourself

Aug 2, 2014 8:13 AM

Feb 2014
razortongue said:
I'd have to say ecchi and lolicon. This is because they are partly responsible for why anime fans suffer the social stigma that they do.

Why would you eliminate the paradisal part of a paradise?
Ugh.
Aug 2, 2014 8:17 AM

Sep 2013
razortongue said:
3deep6me
Aug 2, 2014 8:20 AM

Mar 2012
You can`t force japan.

You`re not the target audience.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Aug 2, 2014 8:21 AM
May 2014
Yuri.
Aug 2, 2014 8:28 AM
Apr 2014
kleysss said:
gissellebatista said:
Why would I want to eliminate a genre, that would be so selfish. Even if there's one genre I hate, still there's people out there who enjoys it.

I agree if you don't like it don't watch it.
Aug 2, 2014 12:22 PM

Nov 2013
Hentai, Yaoi, Shounen-ai, Yuri, Shoujo-ai, Harem.
Aug 2, 2014 12:31 PM
Nov 2013
Meh, I already had some fun with each one of them I guess. Even if overall I despise a whole genre, there's always something good to offer. Sometimes 0,1% of the genre is good, but that's still something isn't it?
Aug 2, 2014 12:34 PM

Jan 2013
I wish there were more genres.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Aug 2, 2014 12:36 PM

Jan 2014
Reserve-Harems (Aka. A lot of boys in love with one girl) I think it's kinda selfish to destroy a genre just because you don't like it, but is there anyone who actually enjoys reverse-harems? I mean, the guys are usually hot, but I've yet to find one with a likeable female main character.
Aug 2, 2014 12:38 PM
Nov 2013
MiyuBunny said:
Reserve-Harems (Aka. A lot of boys in love with one girl) I think it's kinda selfish to destroy a genre just because you don't like it, but is there anyone who actually enjoys reverse-harems? I mean, the guys are usually hot, but I've yet to find one with a likeable female main character.

I know plenty. Fruits Basket is reverse harem, and is very popular with a big fandom.
Aug 2, 2014 12:41 PM

Jan 2013
Kolnikov said:
MiyuBunny said:

I know plenty. Fruits Basket is reverse harem, and is very popular with a big fandom.

And then there's Ouran Highschool host club, literally one of the most popular anime in here.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Aug 2, 2014 12:43 PM

Jun 2013
skyzblue said:
Kolnikov said:

And then there's Ouran Highschool host club, literally one of the most popular anime in here.

#toostronk.
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Aug 2, 2014 12:44 PM

Jan 2014
Kolnikov said:
MiyuBunny said:

I'm still looking for a reverse-harem were the female MC isn't kindhearted and sweet. And I don't know if Fruits Basket can really be counted as a reverse-harem. It's two boys in love with one girl, harem is usually +2.
Aug 2, 2014 12:53 PM
Nov 2013
MiyuBunny said:
Kolnikov said:

I'm still looking for a reverse-harem were the female MC isn't kindhearted and sweet. And I don't know if Fruits Basket can really be counted as a reverse-harem. It's two boys in love with one girl, harem is usually +2.

2 boys in love, but the mc is surrounded by men. I think harem anime doesn't have to be about only romantic relationships. But yeah, is full of cliches and stereotypes. But appeal to a big audience.
Aug 2, 2014 2:30 PM

Jul 2012
MiyuBunny said:

Me. And lots of females. I don't mind if its bad, because they tend to be my guilty pleasure type of shows. Lots of good voice actors, good looking guys, relaxing plot (aka doesn't hurt my head) and usually good art.

And to name a few good ones:
Kamigami no Asobi
...and that's it. I'd recommend Brothers Conflict and Uta no Prince-sama if you haven't already seen them. I see you watched Amensia and DiaLovers which are two of the worse ones.
Aug 4, 2014 12:39 PM

May 2014
Harems.

Every last fucking one.

EVERY SINGLE ONE.
Anyone who doesn't hate anime hasn't watched enough anime.
- Anonymous
Aug 4, 2014 12:51 PM

Jun 2013
All of the excessively long battle shounen.
Aug 4, 2014 2:17 PM

Dec 2012
You know what,you don't make anime. Anime is made for enjoyment. Moe lolis/incest/harems/ecchi/yaoi/yuri are made for horny fat otaku which is the major fanbase in Japan. We live in the world where all that matters is money,so they will make what it sells the most.
There are people who'd want to fuck their sister watching Oreimo.
gissellebatista said:
Aug 4, 2014 2:39 PM

Nov 2012
ecchi harem loli incest moeshit disgusting stuff
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 4, 2014 3:04 PM

Aug 2014
TheFilthyCasual said:
Harems.

Every last fucking one.

EVERY SINGLE ONE.
Aug 4, 2014 3:06 PM

Aug 2013
all the harems besides monogatari and haruhi
Aug 4, 2014 3:47 PM

Oct 2013
Yaoi needs to die because it's spawned many horrible fanfics and stupid hambeast fangirls.

Incest is very common in anime and should just stop, why do Japanese people find that interesting? It's weird.
Aug 4, 2014 3:53 PM

Jul 2014
People that want to destroy a genre are intolerant and silly.
Anime is good because have so much genre. We only need to see the cartoons.

SEE THAT YOU LIKE AND BE HAPPY.
Aug 4, 2014 4:16 PM
Aug 2012
chaosdanub said:
TheFilthyCasual said:
Harems.

Every last fucking one.

EVERY SINGLE ONE.

You do realize more than half of your favorite shows are harem right? very ironic.

No game no life, Sword Art Online, Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Skip Beat!, Nisekoi etc.
Aug 4, 2014 4:20 PM

Nov 2012
definitely mecha
Aug 4, 2014 4:26 PM
Nov 2013
SarahIlayda said:
definitely mecha

That is strange since you haven't seen one besides Guilty Crown (which is just half mecha).
Aug 4, 2014 5:03 PM

Jan 2013
maybe harem but there are some harem shows out there that are actually pretty good(The world god only knows is a good example) so none really. Just tone it down with the moe and ecchi stuff.
Aug 4, 2014 5:15 PM

Jun 2012
Harems. You all pretty much the same thing every single time. . . the same bad thing.

Aug 4, 2014 5:31 PM
Aug 2012
Saburo-kun said:
Harems. You all pretty much the same thing every single time. . . the same bad thing.

Bakemonogatari is harem, so is sword art online. Even Steins;Gate and Code geass have harem elements. Fate universe are semi-harem due to its VN nature.

Harem have been deeply entrenched in anime, you might as well not watch anime at all.
bighandxyzAug 4, 2014 5:38 PM
Aug 4, 2014 5:35 PM

Jun 2012
bighandxyz said:
Saburo-kun said:

Bakemonogatari is harem, so is sword art online. Even Steins;Gate and Code geass have harem elements.

Harem have been deeply entrenched in anime, you might as well not watch anime at all.

I said pretty much, not always. SAO is not a harem, and I don't see how Steins;Gate and Code Geass have harem elements unless having a few girls make them a harem. Maybe you just see a harem in every series you watch.

Aug 4, 2014 5:44 PM
Aug 2012
Saburo-kun said:
bighandxyz said:

Bakemonogatari is harem, so is sword art online. Even Steins;Gate and Code geass have harem elements.

I said pretty much, not always. SAO is not a harem, and I don't see how Steins;Gate and Code Geass have harem elements unless having a few girls make them a harem. Maybe you just see a harem in every series you watch.

Of course SAO is harem. Literally the new heroine of every single novel falls in love with kirito at the end. It is touma-isk type of harem, what makes you think otherwise? edit: Well, actually maybe the anime have not gotten that far, but he's building his harem country like touma.

Having an harem element simply means more than 3 girls is in love with a guy. There is CC, karen, and Shirley for obvious ones (plus the hoard of girls from his school)

Romance isn't a focus point of Steingate, but it is a harem. See last few episodes, there are at least 4 girls who likes Okarin
Aug 4, 2014 5:45 PM

Dec 2012
What: Sport
Why: It sucks
Aug 4, 2014 7:03 PM

Jun 2012
bighandxyz said:
Saburo-kun said:

Of course SAO is harem. Literally the new heroine of every single novel falls in love with kirito at the end. It is touma-isk type of harem, what makes you think otherwise? edit: Well, actually maybe the anime have not gotten that far, but he's building his harem country like touma.

Having an harem element simply means more than 3 girls is in love with a guy. There is CC, karen, and Shirley for obvious ones (plus the hoard of girls from his school)

Romance isn't a focus point of Steingate, but it is a harem. See last few episodes, there are at least 4 girls who likes Okarin

I don't know who Touma is, but. . .
Oh, I guess SAO, I only watched S1 but I know that more novels exist. As for Steins;Gate, I'm going to be honest and say I watched it a long time ago but don't recall four girls liking Okarin. And Code Geass, I guesss so, I didn't think CC liked him in that way, and I didn't get that harem feeling maybe because it's not a romance.
but yes I guess it is limited since I now know the definition of harem, I just thought of them as those mediocre comedies with the dense male lead and stuff.

Aug 4, 2014 7:08 PM

Jun 2014
Yaoi needs to die.
Aug 4, 2014 7:30 PM

Apr 2012
imouto
Aug 4, 2014 7:43 PM

Oct 2012
Zymf said:

Sep 4, 2014 2:40 AM

Sep 2014
Yaoi. Don't make me say that word again.
私 は あ な た が 私 を 養 う た い !

Sep 4, 2014 2:45 AM

Oct 2008
Yaoi and Yuri are basically in the same boat,its extremely hypocritical to hate one and love the other....
Sep 4, 2014 2:46 AM

Nov 2011
Moe for sure and anything related to lolis.
I luv u
Sep 4, 2014 9:00 AM

Jul 2012
Would have said fighting/action before but Hunter x Hunter changed me...

Zymf said:

So sad.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

» Is it weird that I wish strong female characters would get sad ending?

Sanjay63773 - 21 minutes ago

3 by Spunkert »»
25 seconds ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

15 by JaniSIr »»
5 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

43 by EastIndiaCompany »»
10 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

62 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
17 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

105 by Piromysl »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.