Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 10, 2009 8:11 PM

Mar 2009
*sigh*

This was pretty vapid.
Oct 10, 2009 8:15 PM
Aug 2009
The opening song was awesome. I would like to see the reaction of Railgun's two friends when they find out that she has a crush on a level 0 esper.
Oct 10, 2009 8:17 PM
May 2008
Even though this series is sort of on the generic comedy side it still manages to be enjoyable. However, at this rate I don't think the enjoyment will last the entire season, but maybe it will surprise me.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Oct 10, 2009 8:47 PM

May 2007
I found this episode to be absolutely hilarious, however Index is the better series, it had action, humor, and to be honest Touma is a better character than Misaka, there I said it.
My anime list
Oct 10, 2009 9:03 PM

Oct 2008
At the rate Shirai puts Misaka into all the stressful situations, i dont think Misaka will ever develop properly!

.... Misaka-samaaaaaaaaaa~~

Twitter: Crimotaku / Burogu: Crimotaku / MAL: GameShark03
Oct 10, 2009 9:20 PM

Jun 2009
I love Shirai's attempts to get it on with Misaka XD
Oct 10, 2009 10:29 PM

Oct 2009
I loved this episode.
Perfect, lighthearted, and funny. What more could you want? :3
Oct 10, 2009 11:54 PM

Jun 2008
I was kinda disappointed that there wasn't more Touma VS Misaka action this episode, but oh well I guess we'll get to that later. I didn't expect them to use content from the extra chapters though. I'm curious of how many episodes this season is going to be.
Oct 10, 2009 11:55 PM

Dec 2007
I took too much pleasure from watching Kuroko's neck getting snapped. I watched it twice.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2009 12:53 AM
Feb 2009
>_> too much misaka x kuroko... not that i dont like it but i dont want a whole episode just emphasize on that...
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 11, 2009 2:06 AM

Oct 2009
flame_tiong said:
>_> too much misaka x kuroko... not that i dont like it but i dont want a whole episode just emphasize on that...
I did like their past and Misaka's youth. Was adorable.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 11, 2009 6:37 AM

Oct 2008
The start was funny with the anniversary plans! XD
Didnt have as much action though as last week.
Oct 11, 2009 6:40 AM

Oct 2008
Monad said:
You should change your name to "my taste in anime sucks".

LoL! I just checked your profile Monad and you gave index a 7/10. So I guess your taste in anime SUCKS too. Jumping on the band wagon for the Index bashing is just immature.

These first two "filler" episodes of Railgun don't have anything on Index's first two episodes. Index failed later in the series. Lets hope that railgun starts off terrible and gets better. I'm hoping that the other people that have read the manga are right about them throwing all this filler in the beginning so they can concentrate on the real story without filler interruptions at the end.

BTW the best part of episode two was when the teacher snapped Kuroko's annoying little neck.
Orion1Oct 11, 2009 6:44 AM
Oct 11, 2009 8:26 AM

Jul 2008
lolz liked his appearance b4 the op
dam looking forward to more Railgun XD
Oct 11, 2009 8:53 AM

Jun 2008
Orion1 said:
Monad said:
You should change your name to "my taste in anime sucks".

LoL! I just checked your profile Monad and you gave index a 7/10. So I guess your taste in anime SUCKS too. Jumping on the band wagon for the Index bashing is just immature.

These first two "filler" episodes of Railgun don't have anything on Index's first two episodes. Index failed later in the series. Lets hope that railgun starts off terrible and gets better. I'm hoping that the other people that have read the manga are right about them throwing all this filler in the beginning so they can concentrate on the real story without filler interruptions at the end.

BTW the best part of episode two was when the teacher snapped Kuroko's annoying little neck.

Maybe are way of scoring it's different. Anyway Index was about 6.5 for me but since we don't have half points i was generous and gave it a 7. On the other hand there are other anime with a 7 on my list that could be 7.5 so in general they are quite better. Things ain't that simple. And the fact that i found Index not as good as it should be, doesn't mean i thought it was the worst anime ever made and i should give it a 3. I have Pokemon for that.

As about this two episodes. If you speak about development, action and events occurring you might be right about not having anything on Index but as simple as enjoyment goes and having a good time watching(which is why we watch things most of the time) they are already better than Index. And it's only the start.

BTW don't forget the delivery man with the "computer parts", the sexy underwear, the masochistic enjoyment of Kuroko being electrified and a few others. See how fun it was?
Oct 11, 2009 9:48 AM
Feb 2009
francismeunier said:
flame_tiong said:
I did like their past and Misaka's youth. Was adorable.
well, i did said "not that i dont like it", which means i actually like it ;p

just that this episode kinda remind me of some post in episode 1 discussion thread:
Raven_Shinobi said:
Also, though I enjoy their interaction, I hope this episode isn't an indication that 50% of the series will be spent on Kuroku trying to go on a date with Misaka
lol, >90% of this episode is spent on kuroko trying to hit on misaka
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 11, 2009 12:15 PM

Sep 2008
Monad said:
, doesn't mean i thought it was the worst anime ever made and i should give it a 3. I have Pokemon for that.

Don't you dare insult pokemon...

As for the ratings from both of you, what's the big deal, every people has different taste, someone likes Index, others don't...no point in arguing about tastes...
nina4lifeOct 11, 2009 3:44 PM
Oct 11, 2009 1:50 PM

Feb 2009
nina4life said:
Monad, doesn't mean i thought it was the worst anime ever made and i should give it a 3. I have Pokemon for that.
[/quote said:

As for the ratings from both of you, what's the big deal, every people has different taste, someone likes Index, others don't...no point in arguing about tastes...

Agreed. Arguing about tastes is just lame. And HELLO, THIS ISN'T INDEX, IT'S RAILGUN. So why are either of you arguing about a different show?

Oct 11, 2009 2:29 PM

Jul 2009
this episode was so stupid and rambing about kuroko and her love for mikato i think ill keep watching
Oct 11, 2009 2:48 PM

Feb 2008
Ugh, Kuroko needs more neck snaps. >_>;

Anyway, a meh episode. Once the actual action and plot kick in, I'll be much happier, since this... really isn't my cup of tea. And Mikoto's still awesome, no matter how much Kuroko weighs her down. :X
ohai
Oct 11, 2009 3:07 PM
May 2009
Quick question for those who read the manga (or is it a light novel that this is base on). Will we get to see the other Misakas in this one? and what about the plots that were already taken care in Index (I mean Touma vs Accelerator battle) do we get to see those again from different perspective or what?
Oct 11, 2009 4:33 PM

Oct 2008
nina4life said:
Monad said:
, doesn't mean i thought it was the worst anime ever made and i should give it a 3. I have Pokemon for that.

ROFL!!! For the pokemon comment. As for the scolding by nina4life, Orion holds head down in shame... I guess I couldn't help but answer the inflammatory comment.

DarcyD said:
Agreed. Arguing about tastes is just lame. And HELLO, THIS ISN'T INDEX, IT'S RAILGUN. So why are either of you arguing about a different show?

DarcyD I agree, arguing about taste is lame and that's why I commented. As for why one might want to discuss To Aru Majustsu no Index vs. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, go watch or read INDEX and then you will understand why it is worth discussing the difference lad.
Oct 11, 2009 4:56 PM

Jul 2009
Death_Note_Sucks said:
Quick question for those who read the manga (or is it a light novel that this is base on). Will we get to see the other Misakas in this one? and what about the plots that were already taken care in Index (I mean Touma vs Accelerator battle) do we get to see those again from different perspective or what?
I remember someone already answer this in the First episode discussion..and according to manga i read, Railgun happened before Index, it will be interesting to see MISAKA's arc from Misaka's perspective though i don't know if the two story will meet up in MISAKA's arc
LaevanteinOct 11, 2009 5:08 PM
Oct 11, 2009 9:12 PM

May 2008
To think I wasn't looking forward to Railgun..but I love it SO much more better than Index tbh.

But I REALLY want Toma to show up sometime soon. HE NEEDS TO BE IN HERE D:

Funny episode xD
StarPebblitOct 11, 2009 9:16 PM

Oct 11, 2009 9:17 PM

Jan 2009
Loved the focus on the MisakaXKuroko (yuri xP) relationship, her clingy attitude towards Misaka is so cute :D
Oct 11, 2009 10:06 PM

Mar 2008
Crump said:
Ugh, Kuroko needs more neck snaps. >_>;

Anyway, a meh episode. Once the actual action and plot kick in, I'll be much happier, since this... really isn't my cup of tea. And Mikoto's still awesome, no matter how much Kuroko weighs her down. :X

I agree with this wholeheartedly.
Oct 11, 2009 10:21 PM

Jan 2008
The fact that they made a another series to show what Misaka's doing just made me remember how little she was involved in Index... It could have been a lot better, but so far I like Railgun more.
Oct 11, 2009 11:28 PM

Mar 2009
i found it boring... (except the end of course xd)
i hope next one will be better :/
UnknownFactOct 11, 2009 11:33 PM
Oct 12, 2009 3:45 AM

Nov 2007
Really nice episode xD lmao Kuroko's determination is commendable but ecstasy at getting zapped O_O? err ... Misaka when she was young was nice to see ^^ but lol @ Kuroko's secret album xD
Oct 12, 2009 5:49 PM

Aug 2008
Casablanca reference... How odd. But I bet that love potion would definitely help all of us otakus a great deal in our love life.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2009 7:42 PM

Aug 2009
Computer parts...
Oct 12, 2009 8:52 PM

Aug 2007
Shirai makes me LOL all the time. Like at the beginning of the episode with all her panties, and her picture book of Mikoto. Plus, the ending when Shirai drank her love potion by accident. lol She really working out this lesbian thing...lol
Oct 13, 2009 2:49 AM

Aug 2009
woot.
perverted shirai! xD
but she made me laugh at this episode. :]

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Oct 13, 2009 4:33 AM

Oct 2009
CkretAznMan said:
Casablanca reference... How odd. But I bet that love potion would definitely help all of us otakus a great deal in our love life.

I think you can buy some in real life. Heard of something called spanish fly. Internet has lots of weird things like that.

Oct 13, 2009 6:36 AM
Apr 2008
The fact that my favorite part from both 1st and 2nd episode is the very beginning of episode 2 tells you how much I like this series...
Oct 13, 2009 6:57 AM

Aug 2009
Little action but still awesome.
Oct 14, 2009 1:29 AM

Jul 2008
Hmm... average episode.
I used to love kuroko, especially with her voice. But now, she's starting to annoy me.

What was that with touma and misaka at the start anyway? anyone care to explain?

Oct 14, 2009 2:14 AM

Aug 2008
wow that episode seemed to fly by pretty quick, for me anyways, neck snapping awesomeness!

Oct 14, 2009 2:20 AM

Jul 2009
dxthegreat said:
Hmm... average episode.
I used to love kuroko, especially with her voice. But now, she's starting to annoy me.

What was that with touma and misaka at the start anyway? anyone care to explain?
A teaser for Touma's fan and a warning for anti-Touma, that he probably will appear in Railgun..well he appeared in manga..
Oct 14, 2009 4:03 AM

Sep 2008
hmmmmmm, so-so ep...

It was a full yuri ep >_>

hmmm .. 3/5 for Touma's appearance .. the yuriness was a lil' fun, but meh.

If this series continues on like this I might reconsider my rating on it >_<"

we didn't rly get to c any real biribiri till now! this completely sucks ...

n for ppl saying :"Railgun is better than Index" Well, Index had a plot while this series is nothing more than a yuri anime(until now 80% yuri, 20% for the biribiri parts we got in ep1 ^^)

Yuri should be added soon to this anime main genres...

3/5
Kaito__KidOct 14, 2009 4:06 AM

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Oct 14, 2009 5:01 AM

Jun 2008
velcom said:
alexcampos said:
Everyone needs to calm down, for the people who saw the first series, you shouldn't be shocked that this anime would be mostly yuri antics.

Even if it is yuri antics, THIS still beats Index, BY A LOT. The first series wasn't that enjoyable, at least this one has the best 2 characters from the first series.

Truth be told, I prefer funny non complicated anime over nonsensical over the top plot with lame characters such as Index and Touma.

I'VE SAID IT BEFORE, I'LL SAY IT AGAIN

RAILGUN>>>>>>>>>>>index

I am in the minority, but I really enjoyed the first season. Sure it had some weak points, but overall it did a lot of things well. Though I do predict I will enjoy this side-story, I don't see it being better than the first season at all. I won't fully judge that until I finish it though.

I also liked Index. Except for the Alister arc, it was pretty true to the manga. And Index was different than the other series because the stories revolved around Index but she wasn't the main character.

As for Railgun being much better than Index...after 2 episodes this person already decided this as fact....that says fail on his part.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Oct 14, 2009 6:21 AM
Oct 2008
Loved this episode!! Its perfect for me :D
Thank goodness the yuri wasn't a 'serious' one. More like comedy.

Index was enjoyable but I think it serves as a backbone for sidestories like these.
I'm hoping there's going to be a "To aru no kagaku accelerator" cause I loved his powers :3.

And I think the action is gonna come soon. Can't wait to see Kuroko and Onee-sama in action.
Although I love action, Railgun >>> Index.
Oct 14, 2009 1:52 PM

Jul 2008
Laevantein said:
dxthegreat said:
Hmm... average episode.

A teaser for Touma's fan and a warning for anti-Touma, that he probably will appear in Railgun..well he appeared in manga..

Well i can see that. But why was she chasing touma and attacking him?

Oct 14, 2009 2:59 PM
Mar 2009
I liked the episode somewhat, I thought a few scenes were funny despite the constant yuri overtones. Maybe I'll appreciate this show more after I watch Index.
Oct 14, 2009 3:31 PM

Jul 2009
dxthegreat said:
Laevantein said:
dxthegreat said:
Hmm... average episode.

She wants to beat him up..
Oct 14, 2009 4:28 PM

Oct 2009
Laevantein said:
dxthegreat said:
Laevantein said:
dxthegreat said:
Hmm... average episode.

She can never do that because Touma can cancel all forms of powers. The electrical attack will never shock him unless he wants to. Misaka would have to punch him to beat him up.

Oct 14, 2009 4:40 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Laevantein said:
dxthegreat said:
Laevantein said:
dxthegreat said:
Hmm... average episode.

She can never do that because Touma can cancel all forms of powers. The electrical attack will never shock him unless he wants to. Misaka would have to punch him to beat him up.
She can, Imagine Breaker only had effect on his right hand..not the other part of his body..Misaka can gave him a Thunderstorm, and Touma will be unable to cancel those with only his right hand, so i'm looking forward to this duel
Oct 14, 2009 4:42 PM

Oct 2009
Laevantein said:
francismeunier said:
Laevantein said:
dxthegreat said:
Laevantein said:
dxthegreat said:
Hmm... average episode.

She can, Imagine Breaker only had effect on his right hand..not the other part of his body..Misaka can gave him a Thunderstorm, and Touma will be unable to cancel those with only his right hand, so i'm looking forward to this duel

He could shift his body to make him absorb all with his right hand. Him moving his body with the Accelerator battle convinced me of this.

Oct 14, 2009 8:55 PM

Jun 2008
francismeunier said:
Laevantein said:
francismeunier said:
Laevantein said:
dxthegreat said:
Laevantein said:
dxthegreat said:
Hmm... average episode.

He could shift his body to make him absorb all with his right hand. Him moving his body with the Accelerator battle convinced me of this.

You guys are funny. why will she ever bother with all that. Anyone can beat Touma. Just get a gun and shoot the guy. His right hand only cancels special powers.
But Misaka like him so i don't think she wants to hurt him.
Oct 15, 2009 12:56 AM

Oct 2009
Monad said:
francismeunier said:
Laevantein said:
francismeunier said:
Laevantein said:
dxthegreat said:
Laevantein said:
dxthegreat said:
Hmm... average episode.

You guys are funny. why will she ever bother with all that. Anyone can beat Touma. Just get a gun and shoot the guy. His right hand only cancels special powers.
But Misaka like him so i don't think she wants to hurt him.

In Kaori's case indeed it could have been like that. All weapons he cannot do anything about them.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Do you like Kuroko’s horniness, or do you think it’s annoying?

SwagsOnB - Oct 2, 2023

31 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Do you like Toaru Kagaku no Railgun?

SpinStudios - Oct 25, 2021

18 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

164 by TheAncientOne »»
Feb 25, 9:40 AM

» Why is there no CGDCT on this show?

Sagepool - Nov 30, 2023

14 by FZREMAKE »»
Dec 1, 2023 3:39 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Mar 19, 2010

372 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 4:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.