Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 10, 2009 2:52 AM
Jul 2018
First half was okay, but the same thing became annoying in the second part..
still don't know whether to drop this or not :/
Oct 10, 2009 3:04 AM
Jul 2008
It was ok, nothing special.
Oct 10, 2009 3:23 AM

Feb 2008
Feels kinda slice of life'ish
Oct 10, 2009 3:28 AM

Sep 2007
Not my cup of tea.
Loli don't attract me, same if they are perverted.
Really prefer To Aru Majutsu no Index, it's like a spin-off just for sell more objects of the license... (Yes, i know it's a manga before that and i have readed that)
So dropped. :/
Oct 10, 2009 3:42 AM

Apr 2008
Hahas ... that hilarious ?! o_o it would be nice if they add some romance into Misaka's life xD

Oct 10, 2009 3:52 AM

Jul 2008
duh
Oct 10, 2009 3:56 AM

Jul 2009
Kuroko and her plans to win Mikoto's heart <3

Yuri and loli meshed together is always a recipe for win in my book =P
I like the bright humour and yuri antics, Kuroko and her one sided love is just too funny.

Laughed so hard when Mikoto asked from where the" PC parts" had been sent and the FedEx guy said "Love and Chinese traditional hypersexual love potions LTD" xD
Hard to cover that one up :P
Oct 10, 2009 5:25 AM

Feb 2008
Wow, this is like 90% yuri.
Oct 10, 2009 5:31 AM

Jan 2008
About the comparison between railgun and index: yes it's personal taste but if we compare the first tw episodes of both shows(and we can because they both have the same timeline and have the same setting and the main characters can be seen in both shows) I have to say that index was better, this is because I rather have a good fight then stupid lesbo loli action(but it's not like I can't enjoy some of that from time to time but this?).

We are only two episode into the show so we still have a lot of episodes to go and IMO index got better towards the middle but lost it at the end with "suddenly" centering around that other level 5 and mikoto instead of the battle with the church/index which was the original plotline(if you can even cal it that) I personaly didn't really hate that because I was always in for more biribirixTouma action. So we'll just have to wait and see.

Is this show going to be just like index, different stories that have some connection to one another but not a real main plot(altough we did get to see something that resembled that in the last episode) or is it going to be brainless yuri loli fest or is it going to be surprisingly good and better then index(and with this I mean loads of action with a decent plot like the one we got to see in index,ya know, that lab that made around a thousand of mikotos)?
TheUniqueReaperOct 10, 2009 5:53 AM
Oct 10, 2009 5:34 AM

Jul 2008
I have to say that index was better, again this is because I rather have a good fight then stupid lesbo loli action

In that case you will like Railgun more later on. Great fights are coming soon.
Oct 10, 2009 5:39 AM

Jan 2008
I just hope we get to see some more Touma because besides being a sucker for (brainless) action I'm also a sucker for 'denial'/tsundere(?) romance like we got in index.
Oct 10, 2009 5:42 AM

Jul 2009
reaper_unique said:
I just hope we get to see some more Touma because besides being a sucker for (brainless) action I'm also a sucker for 'denial'/tsundere(?) romance like we got in index.
He will, in manga Touma get plenty of panels...and his appearance in this episode is just a teaser for a while, bear with it XD
Oct 10, 2009 5:57 AM

Nov 2008
Yay, my most anticipated show of the week is here!
Episode was quite enjoyable, and god, Kuroko really is something, huh? Trying to drug her 'lover'.. teehee. I still like Mikoto the best though. And still waiting for some awesome action scene, perhaps next week?
Completely hooked on the OP. The animation is nice, though at some times it could have been a little more upbeat to match the music. The song is good though.
HawthorneKitty said:
Now who's cellphone do you like the best?

Not sure from who the Prada look-a-like phone was, but I'm digging that one :p
Oct 10, 2009 6:53 AM

Mar 2008
This episode was kinda boring and way too much yuri :S
I hope there will be some story soon, otherwise I'm dropping this.
Oct 10, 2009 7:06 AM

Mar 2009
Miertje86 said:

Same here.
Oct 10, 2009 7:08 AM

May 2009
Funny but i want fighting soon =p
Zutto Anime, Game, Manga!

Oct 10, 2009 8:00 AM

Nov 2008
The start was great again, I just loved it.
But then it was all fanservice and the relationship between those two. The fanservice wasn't bad but I'd like to see something else too.
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Oct 10, 2009 8:32 AM

Apr 2008
KUROKO IS BOSS

xD I think her voice suits her, I guess I got used to it fast. I loved the comedy and yuri moments, BiriBiri is too cute xD. I don't want Touma to show up, he bores me a little -o-, but if that's what it takes to have more fights, then I don't really mind.

owo good episode
Oct 10, 2009 9:00 AM

Oct 2009
Ok so after three hours of learning I will post a pic! Did anyone get excited by this part? I usually don't care about fan service but there is something in that pose. First time I feel like that, don't know why. I am putting it on my profile as a first reaction to pervers stuff.
Glad to pick up this series the OP is very exciting. ED is ok. Found Maaya's power nice with water. Wannai's power would like to know. Love and Chinese Traditional Hypersexual Love Potions LTD...what? O_o Panties and sexy outfit part was a laugh also Saten peeking at Uiharu's panties. Young Misaka was nice.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 10, 2009 9:35 AM
Dec 2007
Quite enjoyable but brainless to no end. It's not worse than the first Toaru (and its awful script and characters - except Misaka -) though, so I'll still watch some more I guess.

alexcampos said:
Even if it is yuri antics, THIS still beats Index, BY A LOT. The first series wasn't that enjoyable, at least this one has the best 2 characters from the first series.

Truth be told, I prefer funny non complicated anime over nonsensical over the top plot with lame characters such as Index and Touma.

Definitely right, dumb yuri comedies > overly serious and plotless magical shonen crap.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 10, 2009 9:55 AM

Oct 2009
Yeah Misaka and Kuroko are definitely better than Index and Touma... I enjoyed these first two episodes but i'm waiting for the real plot to begin... i'm really curios of what will happen
Oct 10, 2009 9:56 AM

Sep 2008
Yay.... Index really seems to be hated on this site. I don't get it why. I found Index to be WAY more interesting than this show so far. But than again, we are only 2 episodes into Railgun.

What I hated about Index was Index herself, and nothing more...
What I hate about Railgun is pretty much everything so far besides Misaka.

Maybe this is simply that "funny" type of anime, with lots of gags and stuff...I expected something way more ... serious in a way.
Something like Index had with Accelerator during his episode after all clone stuff...

Oh well, maybe I expected too much...
nina4lifeOct 10, 2009 10:00 AM
Oct 10, 2009 10:06 AM

Mar 2008
Jacut said:
Quite enjoyable but brainless to no end.
nina4life said:
I found Index to be WAY more interesting than this show so far. But than again, we are only 2 episodes into Railgun.
I tend to agree with both statements. Index's Misaka was a cool character, though her clone sisters were even more awesome but completely missing here which is a letdown.
Kuroko was also a fairly interesting character, but she is way over the top in this one. I doubt it can stay really interesting if it continues that way. At least her voice is really original and adds something great to this.
Don't get me wrong. For a pure fanservice episode with a more than average plot this is on a rather high level, but it's totally generic nevertheless. Even the level of action in the first episode is cold coffee.
I am pretty disappointed so far, but I will continue watching it because 2 episodes are too soon to pass a final judgement. It was fairly enjoyable nevertheless.
Oct 10, 2009 11:17 AM

Jul 2008
pretty cool ep but i also have doubts. i dont mind one or two fanservice ep even five or six is still acceptable. but i have a feeling that they will add more and more random ep with no sense and dont move the storyline at all. i hope i am wrong but i still have doubts....

Oct 10, 2009 11:26 AM

Feb 2009
I did enjoy the fanservice and the fun in this episode, the teaser with that guy or whoever was interesting, so I can't wait for the next episode.

But just the the hell of it, Index was fail, So even if there might be 7 or 8 fanservice episodes, it'll still be better than Index. And seriously, does anyone know how many episodes are in this show? Because it doesn't say. And if it doesn't say, can we really complain about the episodes if we might end up with 50 episodes by 2010?

I will watch this all the way through, I love it. <3

Oct 10, 2009 11:32 AM

Nov 2007
The ED song is pretty good.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 10, 2009 12:33 PM

Jul 2009
Touma!!! Immagine Breaker pwns! >:)

When the rosario on her chest is taken off, Moka's vampire inner self awakes.
Oct 10, 2009 12:41 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
This is a decent comedy yuri slice-of-life series.

In that aspect, it pwned Majutsu no Index by far (i.e. Index was never this entertaining).
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 10, 2009 12:54 PM

May 2009
im seriously disappointed...
Oct 10, 2009 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
While I do enjoy the mindless humor and it stars my favorite character from the To Aru series, I'm utterly disappointed that so far, this one is turning out to be more ofe a slice-of-life with yuri trappings--which already, there are too many of them around--rather than a supernatural/sci-fi tale that made Index so appealing.

Also, is it me or is Kuroko more obssessive about Misaka than she was in Index? the date scheme from the previous episode and the love potion in this one kind of took me aback. She indeed was quite clingy in Index, but I've never imagined her to be this horny O_o
Oct 10, 2009 1:34 PM

Mar 2009
I liked this made me laugh.

Oct 10, 2009 1:43 PM

Apr 2007
Forever said:
Jacut said:
Quite enjoyable but brainless to no end.
nina4life said:
I found Index to be WAY more interesting than this show so far. But than again, we are only 2 episodes into Railgun.
I tend to agree with both statements. Index's Misaka was a cool character, though her clone sisters were even more awesome but completely missing here which is a letdown.
Kuroko was also a fairly interesting character, but she is way over the top in this one. I doubt it can stay really interesting if it continues that way. At least her voice is really original and adds something great to this.
Don't get me wrong. For a pure fanservice episode with a more than average plot this is on a rather high level, but it's totally generic nevertheless. Even the level of action in the first episode is cold coffee.
I am pretty disappointed so far, but I will continue watching it because 2 episodes are too soon to pass a final judgement. It was fairly enjoyable nevertheless.

I have nothing to add.

Oct 10, 2009 2:12 PM

Nov 2007
Glad to see Touma again, finally. hated all Kuroko moments though. it's the reason why I liked Index more than Railgun.
Oct 10, 2009 2:36 PM

Jul 2008
more perversion, i was hoping for more action- it was great seeing tomo at the beginning though, that just kind of made me lol
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 10, 2009 3:03 PM

Oct 2009
According to the wikipedia entry there are supposed to be 12 episodes - probably not reliable but if that's true they had better get things moving fast. I've never heard of the manga and watched this solely because of the bizarre title, but I found it pretty entertaining. Definitely brainless though. "It seems like drastic measurements will be required to stamp out your perversion!"

I'm not blown away but I am amused enough to continue watching for the present.
Oct 10, 2009 3:03 PM

Dec 2008
Was a good episode, maybe a little slower than the first, but still fun :D
Oct 10, 2009 5:15 PM
Aug 2008
Geeze, what's with all these people trashing Railgun? It's been 2 episodes - only 2. I think it's a little early to be making a judgment call on whether or not the show is better/worse than Index.

And for those clamoring for plot developments - we're only at episode 2. Chill out.
Oct 10, 2009 5:40 PM

Jan 2008
Traveller said:
Miertje86 said:

Same here.

Me too.... i mean I liked Index....but I DISLIKE YURI A TON....so if its not going to change into something with more action and less Yuri Im going to just drop this series.
Oct 10, 2009 6:14 PM

Apr 2009
SilentPredator03 said:
Geeze, what's with all these people trashing Railgun? It's been 2 episodes - only 2. I think it's a little early to be making a judgment call on whether or not the show is better/worse than Index.

And for those clamoring for plot developments - we're only at episode 2. Chill out.

^ this.

the same can be said about any new airing show but who cares... ppl have their preferences.

ps. loved when Kuroko got her neck cracked.
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. It's the honest ones you have to watch out for. Honestly.
Oct 10, 2009 6:57 PM

Feb 2008
People seem to be forgetting little Innocentius who appeared in Index episode 2.
NayahOct 10, 2009 9:12 PM
Oct 10, 2009 8:11 PM

Mar 2009
*sigh*

This was pretty vapid.
Oct 10, 2009 8:15 PM
Aug 2009
The opening song was awesome. I would like to see the reaction of Railgun's two friends when they find out that she has a crush on a level 0 esper.
Oct 10, 2009 8:17 PM
May 2008
Even though this series is sort of on the generic comedy side it still manages to be enjoyable. However, at this rate I don't think the enjoyment will last the entire season, but maybe it will surprise me.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Oct 10, 2009 8:47 PM

May 2007
I found this episode to be absolutely hilarious, however Index is the better series, it had action, humor, and to be honest Touma is a better character than Misaka, there I said it.
My anime list
Oct 10, 2009 9:03 PM

Oct 2008
At the rate Shirai puts Misaka into all the stressful situations, i dont think Misaka will ever develop properly!

.... Misaka-samaaaaaaaaaa~~

Twitter: Crimotaku / Burogu: Crimotaku / MAL: GameShark03
Oct 10, 2009 9:20 PM

Jun 2009
I love Shirai's attempts to get it on with Misaka XD
Oct 10, 2009 10:29 PM

Oct 2009
I loved this episode.
Perfect, lighthearted, and funny. What more could you want? :3
Oct 10, 2009 11:54 PM

Jun 2008
I was kinda disappointed that there wasn't more Touma VS Misaka action this episode, but oh well I guess we'll get to that later. I didn't expect them to use content from the extra chapters though. I'm curious of how many episodes this season is going to be.
Oct 10, 2009 11:55 PM

Dec 2007
I took too much pleasure from watching Kuroko's neck getting snapped. I watched it twice.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2009 12:53 AM
Feb 2009
>_> too much misaka x kuroko... not that i dont like it but i dont want a whole episode just emphasize on that...
oblivious is a bliss
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

UnknownFact - Jan 2, 2010

169 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 23, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

throwaway513846 - Dec 25, 2009

224 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 23, 10:13 PM

» Do you like Kuroko’s horniness, or do you think it’s annoying?

SwagsOnB - Oct 2, 2023

31 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Do you like Toaru Kagaku no Railgun?

SpinStudios - Oct 25, 2021

18 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

164 by TheAncientOne »»
Feb 25, 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.