Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 9, 2014 2:34 PM

Jan 2014
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-07-08/sword-art-online-kirito-tops-newtype-character-popularity-poll/.76422

As you can see, Hana was voted one of the 10 most popular female characters. I gotta be honest, this is a real surprise for me, since even if I'm a downright supporter of the series overall, I do agree with the rest that Hana has had low development, even if I still find her sweet somewhat.

Thoughts?
Jul 9, 2014 2:37 PM

Jan 2013
Shes sexy. Why are you surprised?
Jul 9, 2014 2:38 PM

Sep 2011
people just think shes hot.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 9, 2014 2:42 PM

Jan 2013
Jul 9, 2014 2:43 PM

Jan 2014
JizzyHitler said:
Could that truly be all that there is to it?
Jul 9, 2014 2:43 PM

Jan 2013
Man while googling to find that gif i found a ton of hentai on the front page of google. My god.
Jul 9, 2014 2:46 PM

Jan 2013
The issue is nobody watching this shitty show is watching it for the story.

So of course the one decent part of it (the designs and art) are going to be popular.

Hana is an emotionless titty robot. She exists only to throw her big brown tits at the camera.
Jul 9, 2014 3:00 PM

Jan 2014
SolviteSekai said:

So of course the one decent part of it (the designs and art) are going to be popular.

Hana is an emotionless titty robot. She exists only to throw her big brown tits at the camera.
I and others can disagree about the story, pal. And besides, that's not the point here, is it?
Jul 9, 2014 3:04 PM

Jan 2013
BGMaxie said:
SolviteSekai said:

I and others can disagree about the story, pal. And besides, that's not the point here, is it?

It is the point.

You want to know why she's popular? Because shes a sexy emotionless titty monster that stands out as the only interesting part of her series.

People watch captain earth just to see her big brown melons.

You should see all the spliced pictures i found of that one scene where her tits are cut off by the camera.

They photoshopped a naked body onto that picture and converted it into hentai. Pretty crazy.
Jul 9, 2014 5:03 PM

Apr 2008
I'm surprised....

It's the fanservice, but she is a nice kid.
Jul 9, 2014 5:10 PM

Jan 2014
shakeyourpup45 said:
I'm surprised....

It's the fanservice, but she is a nice kid.
I think the fanservice helps but it may not be all that there is to it. I agree with you.
Jul 9, 2014 5:12 PM

Sep 2011
BGMaxie said:
JizzyHitler said:
Considering of the 4 main characters shes focused on the least.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 9, 2014 5:14 PM

Jan 2013
Everyone here needs to click this link and the truth will be revealed.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Hana+Captain+Earth+

And if you want a better explanation, its because Japan has this seedy rape culture among otaku.

Not only is Hana sexy, but shes also timid, stupid, and probably easy to rape.

Jul 9, 2014 5:18 PM

Jan 2014
SolviteSekai said:

And if you want a better explanation, its because Japan has this seedy rape culture among otaku.

I don't see what's your point with that link pal.
Jul 9, 2014 5:19 PM

Jan 2013
BGMaxie said:
SolviteSekai said:

I don't see what's your point with that link pal.

If the nude pic on the front bar isnt enough, click images on google to see the wall of photoshopped nudes people have made.

I cant link them for you, they are NSFM.
Jul 9, 2014 5:23 PM
Oct 2010
Lord have mercy with the top 5 for both the male and female side.

Aside from that I don't think it's just the fanservice factor, if it were I can't really see that girl from Akuma no riddle making it so high. Might be something else.
Jul 9, 2014 5:36 PM

Jan 2013
She's the only redeeming quality of the anime.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 9, 2014 5:36 PM

Jan 2014
skudoops said:

Aside from that I don't think it's just the fanservice factor, if it were I can't really see that girl from Akuma no riddle making it so high. Might be something else.
Mercy why?

SolviteSekai said:

If the nude pic on the front bar isnt enough, click images on google to see the wall of photoshopped nudes people have made.

Are you seriously going to base your judgment on random shit that people does with God knows how many female characters? For your information, they do this crap with characters that aren't even portrayed as fanservice characters. Pandora from Saint Seiya is a clear example. If you google, you will find plenty of suggestive pics around. Does that make her character fanservice? Not at all, and it would be really ignorant of you to base yourself on stuff that people do on a whim or to exacervate their fantasies.
Jul 9, 2014 5:37 PM

Jan 2013
BGMaxie said:
skudoops said:

Mercy why?

SolviteSekai said:

Are you seriously going to base your judgment on random shit that people does with God knows how many female characters? For your information, they do this crap with characters that aren't even portrayed as fanservice characters. Pandora from Saint Seiya is a clear example. If you google, you will find plenty of suggestive pics around. Does that make her character fanservice? Not at all, and it would be really ignorant of you to base yourself on stuff that people do on a whim or to exacervate their fantasies.

I know but ive never seen it all over the front page of google.

That essentially means nobody is uploading normal pics to offset the sex pics.

So i finally looked at the poll.

Looks like its only recently released show's characters.

Excluding haruhi and gundam seed of course.

I can see why Hana is more popular than some of the shitty characters from what was a pretty terrible spring season,.
Jul 9, 2014 5:41 PM

Jan 2014
SolviteSekai said:

It is the internet. You can find as many of those disruptive pics, as you can find flammers, trollers, spammers, etc. Though in this case it is on images.

And if it were about the fanservice, wouldn't Moco sell just as fine? From what I've heard there is a Captain Earth manga of sorts and some chapters elaborate stories of the Designer Child, such as Moco having a liking of sorts to her body.

Just saying.
Jul 9, 2014 5:46 PM

Jan 2013
BGMaxie said:
SolviteSekai said:

It is the internet. You can find as many of those disruptive pics, as you can find flammers, trollers, spammers, etc. Though in this case it is on images.

And if it were about the fanservice, wouldn't Moco sell just as fine? From what I've heard there is a Captain Earth manga of sorts and some chapters elaborate stories of the Designer Child, such as Moco having a liking of sorts to her body.

Just saying.

Like I said, Hana is rape-able. She's got that timid girl thing that Japanese guys are into.
Jul 9, 2014 10:26 PM

Nov 2013
DawnJ said:
She's the only redeeming quality of the anime.
The transformation sequences ha lol!
Jul 9, 2014 10:32 PM

Jan 2011
BGMaxie said:
JizzyHitler said:

so far thats all there is to it
Jul 10, 2014 2:22 PM

Apr 2008
Does her voice actor have to do with it...
Jul 10, 2014 6:56 PM

Jan 2014
shakeyourpup45 said:
Does her voice actor have to do with it...
Well Ai Kayano is indeed popular '-'
Jul 11, 2014 1:33 PM

Mar 2009
She's the only reason why i still watch this anime~
Jul 12, 2014 9:47 PM

Jan 2014
LiLSatan said:
She's the only reason why i still watch this anime~
After today, there will be more justification to her popularity.
Jul 12, 2014 10:21 PM

Jan 2009
Hana seems your typical ideal Japanese girl so japanese otaku loves her lol

as for me i find her sexy because i like morena or tanned girls, thats just about it and she is sweet too
Jul 12, 2014 10:26 PM
Aug 2012
Those results. Shit taste does exist.
Jul 12, 2014 10:48 PM

Sep 2010
Before episode 14, I don't really get why she'd be popular. But her character is starting to grow on me. She seems cute and innocent, but in actuality that isn't her true character. It's a bit cliche, but since this story is a bit all over the place I think it works.

Also, she is not just boobs. I don't know where you got that pathetic idea, but you need to get over your gross concept that "if a character has big boobs she must be worthless." It's actually pretty disgusting how blinded you are. Whatever man.
Jul 13, 2014 7:28 AM
Nov 2013
Newtype doesn't really measure popularity, because the show that got alot of coverage, bonus, manga and booklet in NewtypeMag will rank in Newtype poll. Captain Earth is one of them. It's unevitable because only real fans will buy it for the bonus materials, the show and its characters maybe popular among its fans who buy the newtype but not generally compare to other animes and characters, and normalfags among them may never watch the anime only choose the character based on what they like usually physical appearances

There are one of same case with Hana who people think won't rank that was Mekaku City Actor Ayano, in ranking before she didn't rank but Mekaku bonus for that month before is Ayano booklet, so she ranked this month, some case with Hana, last month bonus is Booklet that include Captain Earth Bikini girls and Hana of course got the spotlight for her tits so she ranked this. The questioners for this month result are from last month edition.
Takeoff31Jul 15, 2014 3:44 AM
Jul 13, 2014 8:13 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
She looks like Mary Magdalene from Xenosaga.

But anyways, I find her to be the best female character out of Captain Earth. Surprising though that she is popular.
Jul 13, 2014 9:31 AM
Dec 2013
Goddamn, Hana is finally showing some backbone, and finally turning out to not just be another useless male love interest. Fuck yeah!

Jul 16, 2014 8:05 AM

Dec 2012
FenixDragon43 said:
you need to get over your gross concept that "if a character has big boobs she must be worthless." It's actually pretty disgusting how blinded you are. Whatever man.

Admittedly some people in this thread have been very brief in their replies. But nobody has said that except for you, right now, in the process of accusing other people of saying it.

What has been said multiple times is that the only thing about Hana specifically that stands out is big boobs. Clearly you don't agree with that statement. But somebody saying that one specific character who they think has nothing going for them except big boobs is worthless is VERY different from them saying "if a character has big boobs she must be worthless."
Jul 22, 2014 2:32 PM
Sep 2013
I'm not sure why you're surprised that others have different opinions than you, especially if you're comparing the East to the West. Take me for example, when I look at that list, I'm filled with utter disgust, especially at the fact that the list was obviously reflects nerds who will die lonely virgins, but you don't hear me complaining.

And saying they just like her cuz she's "hot" is laughable, there are plenty of other anime chicks who are just as hot or hotter. If there's something about how she acts that makes the nerds find her hot then she rightfully belongs there.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

144 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 3:35 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

42 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:57 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

46 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:29 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

43 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:05 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

34 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.