Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2014 11:17 AM

Sep 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
A left shoulder pad-breaking finale.

It was quite sad that one of them had to go. I expected Keiji to win and he did with his advantage over her. He resolved to end the war for her and only cry at the end. I liked that he drank the moldy coffee.

I'll go and give this a 7.5/10. It got better as it went on (not implying that the beginning was bad).
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Feb 6, 2016 1:28 AM

Mar 2015
I just finished reading the entire book. After for the final chapter, I too liked that he drank the moldy coffee lol It felt meaningful.

The movie (Edge of tomorrow) is way different than the book.. Im glad I read it though... it was short, enjoyable and yeah sad that one of them had to go like that.
私はサイタマ様が大好きです。私は彼の雌犬です!
Jan 31, 2021 4:22 PM

Apr 2020
I'm kinda glad the movie ended differently than the book. The book's ending was pretty sad, but left it open for sequels if the writer felt like it while the movie wrapped up everything. The final moments where Keiji reflects on everything that happened while in the Sky Lounge was good closure for readers if the author intended to not make sequels, which I assume is correct since it's been years.

I enjoyed how we were shown Rita's back story. It adds depth to her character and allows readers to understand why she fights and her experiences through the loop. It also explains her personality on why she chooses to spend her time alone when preparing for a battle. You can't help pitying her for being so lonely and pitying Keiji for falling for her because of their shared experience. The movie only touched upon these aspects, but never really explained it.

The only part I wish that was explained better was how they became antennas for the Mimics. It just happened so fast and next thing you know, Rita ends up dead.

Overall, great and quick read. I'd give this 9/10.
Apr 11, 2022 9:29 AM

May 2020
A very nice, if short read. It's a shame that Keji only got to spend around two loops with Rita. The ending for this was very nice and melancholic.

It's hard not to compare this with Edge of Tomorrow but on the whole, I think the source wins out. Obviously, the characters are much better developed in the novel, which when given a movie's lack of time for exploration, seems to be a bit of a disadvantage in favor of novels. Nevertheless, the story and the explanation for the Mimics origin and powers makes much more sense in the book. The ending is also much better in my opinion, unlike the movie, where everything magically restores itself (mostly) to normal.

Edge of Tomorrow is a movie I enjoy very much and I'm glad to see that its source material is no slouch either.
Aug 23, 2022 6:49 PM

Jun 2015
The frying pan scene was unintentionally funny, but I didn't enjoy the book overall; the plot was too simple for me, and who cares about that random journalist? The conclusion was cheesy.

More topics from this board

» Is the LN and Manga had a different story?

xxy_ - May 5, 2021

1 by paveljanik »»
Nov 30, 2022 11:01 AM

» Why All You Need Is Kill hasn't received an anime adaptation? ( 1 2 )

Azlan - May 2, 2014

60 by Alexioos95 »»
Sep 12, 2022 12:16 PM

» All You Need is Kill Movie adaption, Edge of Tomorrow

Shylp - Feb 28, 2014

8 by TitanInsane »»
Apr 11, 2022 9:35 AM

Poll: » All You Need Is Kill Chapter 1 Discussion

SideCharacterKal - Nov 8, 2021

0 by SideCharacterKal »»
Nov 8, 2021 4:04 PM

» How good is All You Need Is kill (Novel)

TheNoseOfDeath - Mar 6, 2015

3 by ReaperCreeper »»
Mar 6, 2015 6:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.