Forum Settings
Forums

Which anime has huge potential in the beginning but eventually failed

New
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jul 27, 2014 11:08 PM

Feb 2014
I would say Mahou Sensou (English: Magical Warfare). Such an awesome title, but ends up disappointing.
Jul 27, 2014 11:09 PM

Mar 2013
K - Sexy art, shitty plot and dumb fanservice and misplaced comedy everywhere
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Jul 27, 2014 11:09 PM

Oct 2013
I feel like the only human being on this planet who didn't like No Game No Life. It was ok but I got sick of the concept of making every game a super-duper complex strategy battle with chances and percentages of loosing/winning. Plus the characters weren't even that cool...
Jul 27, 2014 11:12 PM

Nov 2010
KaniowskiKun101 said:
I feel like the only human being on this planet who didn't like No Game No Life. It was ok but I got sick of the concept of making every game a super-duper complex strategy battle with chances and percentages of loosing/winning. Plus the characters weren't even that cool...
You've obviously never been on it's board then.
Jul 27, 2014 11:14 PM

Mar 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
KaniowskiKun101 said:
You've obviously never been on it's board then.

They sure came crawling out of the woodwork when NGNL began it's meteoric rise into the top 20.
Jul 27, 2014 11:32 PM

Jan 2013
fst said:
mayukachan said:

They are referring to episode 7, aka the episode that

I disagree wholeheartedly. It separated it from being just a 7/10 to beyond.

I still don't know what to think of that show.
It was like watching a lighthearted anime version of Batman before it turned into power rangers.
Jul 27, 2014 11:32 PM

Jan 2013
Ghost hound.
All it needed was a decent enough final episode.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jul 28, 2014 4:38 AM

May 2013
Samuarai Flamenco and Darker Than Black. So much wasted potential.
Jul 28, 2014 7:10 AM

Jun 2014
Bleach
Jul 28, 2014 7:36 AM

May 2010
captainmorgan said:
Samurai Flamenco was brilliant until that infamous episode.

Agree.
Jul 28, 2014 7:58 AM

Jan 2014
Sword Art Online. Interesting concept and first episode was cool, but it only went downhill. Still completed it, gave it a 7. Not sure if I should lower that to a 6 though.
Jul 28, 2014 8:10 AM

Nov 2012
KaniowskiKun101 said:

No you are not. I'm on that boat too. Well, I gave it a 6/10, I didn't think it was horrible, just close to medoicre in my opinion. It wasn't anywhere near what people were saying about it for me. I don't like the main characters either, especially because its painfully obvious they will always outsmart every opponent and win every game.

There also wasn't anything about the story or any of the other characters that held my interest that much. I'd say its redeeming points were that some of the games were still fun to watch and sometimes the humor was actually funny.

Its a simular phenomenon with Baccano! and grave of the firefrlies for me. The vast majority of the anime fanbase love these, but I did not even come close to liking them that much.
Jul 28, 2014 8:12 AM

Dec 2009
Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan, Deadman Wonderland, Guilty Crown. Good start, but terrible endings.
Jul 28, 2014 8:16 AM

Jul 2008
Deadman Wonderland and Guilty Crown are two of the recent ones I can remember.

I just hope Tokyo Ghoul does not fall into that category with all the censoring going on >.<
Jul 28, 2014 8:24 AM

Jun 2014
midnightblade said:
KaniowskiKun101 said:

No you are not. I'm on that boat too. Well, I gave it a 6/10, I didn't think it was horrible, just close to medoicre in my opinion. It wasn't anywhere near what people were saying about it for me. I don't like the main characters either, especially because its painfully obvious they will always outsmart every opponent and win every game.

There also wasn't anything about the story or any of the other characters that held my interest that much. I'd say its redeeming points were that some of the games were still fun to watch and sometimes the humor was actually funny.

Its a simular phenomenon with Baccano! and grave of the firefrlies for me. The vast majority of the anime fanbase love these, but I did not even come close to liking them that much.

I agree with you on Baccano! I don't hate it and I think it is a decent anime, I just fail to see how it's better than Durarara!!

Baccano is not a bad anime by any means, I just didn't see why people think it is so amazing.
Jul 28, 2014 8:27 AM
Jul 2014
Sword Art Online & Guilty Crown.
Jul 28, 2014 8:29 AM
Apr 2008
hemogobliin said:
This show has most definitely already been mentioned, but seeing as I've just finished it --

Shingeki no Kyojin.

I'll also throw in Elfen Lied, although the "beginning" is more like "the initial concept" seeing as it was pretty subpar from the onset.

Finally, Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu/LOGH.

Elfen Lied's plot was mere window dressing as the show was more about the gore that was suppose to shock the viewer. Legend of the Galactic heroes not reaching its potential? A ludicrous statement from someone who watched a fifth of the show and then proceeded to drop it. For legend of the galactic heroes to be mentioned in the same breathe as a mediocre shounen and inane gorefest to a political space opera lacks context.
Jul 28, 2014 8:31 AM

Nov 2012
Gintokyo said:
midnightblade said:

I agree with you on Baccano! I don't hate it and I think it is a decent anime, I just fail to see how it's better than Durarara!!

Baccano is not a bad anime by any means, I just didn't see why people think it is so amazing.

I gave baccano 6/10 I didn't hate it either. I thought it was okay. Personally I didn't really feel "connected" to most of the characters in that anime, a lot of it felt very jumbled as I watched the anime, and I never got interested in the mob families and stuff. I did like some of the action scenes, and watching how crazy Lad Russo and the Rail Tracer dude were. I felt like I wanted the anime to spend more time on fleshing out the characters to get me to care about them but did not do that.
Jul 28, 2014 8:44 AM

Jun 2014
midnightblade said:
Gintokyo said:

I gave baccano 6/10 I didn't hate it either. I thought it was okay. Personally I didn't really feel "connected" to most of the characters in that anime, a lot of it felt very jumbled as I watched the anime, and I never got interested in the mob families and stuff. I did like some of the action scenes, and watching how crazy Lad Russo and the Rail Tracer dude were. I felt like I wanted the anime to spend more time on fleshing out the characters to get me to care about them but did not do that.

The only things I really liked about Baccano! are Isaac and Miria and the opening.
Jul 28, 2014 8:50 AM

Jun 2014
Bleach
Jul 28, 2014 8:55 AM
Jul 2014
for me it was season 3 of shakugan no shana. loved the first 2 seasons then absolutely hated season 3.

aria the scarlet ammo first few episodes were amazing but the semi-harem route it took was the wrong way to continue the show.

and yes i love Rie's voice acting, she plays the leads in both of these anime.
Jul 28, 2014 9:20 AM

Jan 2010
Black Bullet: Post-apocalyptic future, interesting opening scene, zomg this anime has great potential and a minute later everything went downhill in a hurry.
Jul 28, 2014 10:34 AM

Sep 2013
I loved the concept of Sword Art Online and the first couple episodes were great but after a while it just got boring.
Jul 28, 2014 1:17 PM
Sep 2012
My very clear example is BLEACH!
The start is very promising and exciting and it went downhill after fillers after fillers and so on...

From that point, I promise myself not to watch something like that again, ever.
Jul 28, 2014 2:37 PM

Oct 2013
Code Geass seemed REALLY cool but then it just went kinda 'meh' for me. Not a terrible show but it an ok one imo.

Lanz16 said:
The start is very promising and exciting and it went downhill after fillers after fillers and so on...

Fillers are so stupid. Never will watch filler arcs because they're so boring.
Jul 28, 2014 2:39 PM

Feb 2014
KaniowskiKun101 said:

If you pay attention literally anytime NGNL comes up on this board you'll notice that you have more edgy keyboard warriors complaining about how overrated it is than people actually saying they enjoyed the anime
Aug 2, 2014 9:41 AM
Sep 2012
KaniowskiKun101 said:
Code Geass seemed REALLY cool but then it just went kinda 'meh' for me. Not a terrible show but it an ok one imo.

Lanz16 said:

Fillers are so stupid. Never will watch filler arcs because they're so boring.

Yep! Couldn't agree more of it! :)
Aug 2, 2014 10:58 AM

May 2013
Prequel said:
Zetsuen no Tempest.

First 7 eps were PERFECTION. Then it failed miserably.

Show never had "Huge potential". It was good from the beginning with an interesting premise but yes, they did screw up with the time travel shit. I thought it was good at the end cause it actually had a good ending.
"A samurai doesn't need a reason to take action. If something needs saving, all you have to do is grab your sword"-Sakata Gintoki
Aug 2, 2014 12:36 PM

Feb 2014
Nagi no Asukara

Talk about squandering an interesting setting. The world of Nagi no Asukara wasn't as complex, but I thought it had the potential to be something similar to Shinsekai Yori. By that I mean when it comes to exploring the world and how the peoples interact with it and each other. It was explored a bit during the 1st half with the racism plot, but was quickly dropped in favor of the ridiculously tangled love web of a bunch of 14 year olds. Then again, maybe I'm just barking up the wrong tree.
Aug 2, 2014 1:54 PM

Mar 2013
like many said "Guilty Crown"
Aug 2, 2014 1:55 PM

Mar 2013
Bleach
Aug 2, 2014 1:58 PM

Mar 2014
Sword Art Online
Angel Beats
Shingeki no Kyojin
Tokyo Ghoul due to the fact it's being rushed so this is might end up being a trainwreck.
Aug 2, 2014 2:05 PM
Jul 2014
Mirai Nikki

better plot device than death note and they managed to butch it up horribly

its an average anime with a lot of writing mistakes that could have been one of the GOAT if it was executed properly.
Aug 2, 2014 2:13 PM

Apr 2014
Gonna go with Mirai Nikki and Sword Art Online.

Have not seen Guilty Crown, but heard the same.

Aug 2, 2014 5:15 PM

Jun 2014
Ok just put some random anime and there's no explanation
Aug 2, 2014 5:32 PM

Jul 2012
KingKongShrest said:
Prequel said:
Zetsuen no Tempest.

First 7 eps were PERFECTION. Then it failed miserably.

Show never had "Huge potential". It was good from the beginning with an interesting premise but yes, they did screw up with the time travel shit. I thought it was good at the end cause it actually had a good ending.

^
Aug 2, 2014 5:58 PM

Mar 2013
Oreimo

Worst failure in the history of existence
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Aug 2, 2014 6:08 PM

Jun 2014
mayukachan said:
KingKongShrest said:

^

Imo it peaked at ep 12 then after that it was a disaster.
Laughable 2nd half
Oct 6, 2014 5:11 AM

Oct 2012
Skip Beat - I feel like it could've gone even farther considering the manga's popularity and even with 24 or 25 eps, it was decent, but it failed to tie up any of the loose ends at the end. The first eps were hilarious though!

Guilty Crown - This anime had everything! Great publicity, fantastic music, the art was great even by today's standards, and the first few episodes were actually amazing, but it totally fell short after the whole transition.

Tokyo Ghoul - Great story and plot but during the middle, it grew very boring, but eventually redeemed itself with the last episode. Didn't fail at the end, but definitely lost a lot of its potential quality.
Oct 6, 2014 5:16 AM
May 2014
ffs. didn't i make a same thread?
test
Oct 6, 2014 5:21 AM

Oct 2014
The last one for me was Zankyou no terror

had a nice art

awesome music

more or less charming characters

interesting plot

and than five was introduced...
Oct 6, 2014 5:26 AM
Jun 2013
Naruto , Bleach , Death Note , Inazuma Eleven , Magi
Oct 6, 2014 11:52 AM

Jul 2013
DerpHole said:
Oreimo

Do you know how freakin' mad I was...ugh I swear, but yer couldn't agree more.

Also Watamote, first EP was SO FREAKIN' BEAST and then the rest of the anime was like meh.
Oct 6, 2014 11:54 AM

Nov 2012
DerpHole said:
Oreimo

"IM SORRY BEST GIRL, I HAVE TO REJECT YOU, GTFO YOU ALL GIRLS, IM GOING TO GET MARRIED WITH MY SISTER.... AND THEN DIVORCE HER TO BECOME NORMAL SIBLING AGAIN"
ROFLMAO WTF
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 6, 2014 11:55 AM

Dec 2013
Chaos Head :(
Oct 6, 2014 12:09 PM

Jul 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
DerpHole said:
Oreimo

"IM SORRY BEST GIRL, I HAVE TO REJECT YOU, GTFO YOU ALL GIRLS, IM GOING TO GET MARRIED WITH MY SISTER.... AND THEN DIVORCE HER TO BECOME NORMAL SIBLING AGAIN"
ROFLMAO WTF

Divorce? o.o did he actually say that lol wdf
Oct 6, 2014 12:17 PM

Nov 2012
IHAFUF said:
ninjastarforcex said:

ROFLMAO WTF

i dont know who cares
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 6, 2014 12:18 PM

Jul 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
IHAFUF said:

i dont know who cares

True, fk dat shit
Oct 6, 2014 12:27 PM

Jul 2012
blessofcurse said:
mayukachan said:

^

Imo it peaked at ep 12 then after that it was a disaster.
Laughable 2nd half

Yeah, middle parts (like that girl falling in love with Yoshino) was rather weak compared to the mind battles before.
Oct 6, 2014 1:57 PM

Jul 2014
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo. It started out great, but got worse around halfway thanks to all that Shiina is in love sht. The ending was pretty decent (nothing really great though) but damn there were some terrible episodes in the middle...
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

» Describe your anime watching as one sentence.

LenRea - Apr 11

39 by ryzxgum »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ame - Apr 16

161 by Otakupervert890 »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 10 hours ago

38 by InsomniacBastard »»
12 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

75 by Vaturna »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - 9 hours ago

13 by redorzo »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.