Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 7, 2014 6:52 AM
Oct 2010
shanimebib said:
SolviteSekai said:

Its shoujo comedy. It's to be expected.

Just because the title has the term shoujo in it doesn't mean it is a shoujo anime. I read the manga and I am pretty much sure it is shounen. I can somewhat understand the reasons for your assumption though. Shounen Romance manga are often mistaken as shoujo manga. This isn't the first time. I have seen many assuming this to be a shoujo anime in the past, too. :)

I guess the assumption has a lot less to do with the title as it does with the art style and character archetypes.

The artist's other works are shoujo after all, so the style carries on.

To begin with, shoujo and shounen are simply the magazines' main targets. Sometimes (at least in shounen magazines) they try to attract other demographics by publishing one or two works with "alternative" styles... So the line can get a bit blurry at times.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 7, 2014 7:46 AM
Feb 2013
Nice
Jul 7, 2014 7:58 AM

Feb 2014
OP was cute.

LOL at the 2 failed confessions.
Jul 7, 2014 8:41 AM

Mar 2014
Not bad I like this kind of shoujo anime
Jul 7, 2014 8:59 AM

Sep 2010
Loved this episode! I like the art and I laughed a few times. Can't wait for the next ones and for introduction of other characters.
Surprisingly, I actually like Chiyo a lot. Her expressions were priceless.
Jul 7, 2014 9:08 AM
Feb 2013
Chiyo <3
Jul 7, 2014 9:12 AM
Jun 2013
I wasn't even sure about watching this or not but it ended up being the most enjoyable show this season so far.

Great OP theme btw.
Jul 7, 2014 9:14 AM

Aug 2013
Did not disappoint. I've only read some parts of the manga but so far the anime is high quality and nicely pulled off.

Note that this is, actually, shounen. It;s true that the mangaka normally does shoujo but this work is classified as shounen.
DragonCactusJul 7, 2014 11:30 AM
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks appeal."
Jul 7, 2014 9:31 AM

May 2012
That was adorable! Chiyo, both her personality and voice are very cute. I hope her feelings will reach Nozaki-kun in the end. I really love the interaction between them. Hmm I feel like reading the manga right now.
The OP song is great, it's quite different compared to other anime of it's kind.
mapotofuuJul 7, 2014 10:27 AM
Jul 7, 2014 9:40 AM
Feb 2014
This was a pretty decent first episode, even for me who didn't read the manga.
5 Centimeters Per Second - Or what I'd like to call as 5 Anime Wallpapers Per Second.
Jul 7, 2014 9:41 AM

Jan 2014
I couldn't get enough of the disappointment of Chiyo's face during the bike rideo so much win. Wasn't sure of what to expect from this, but glad I did decide to pick it up, lovely episode.

Jul 7, 2014 9:50 AM

Jan 2014
Well this is fun, interesting and nice to watch. Sakura is a sweet pie, I like her and Nozaki too. The interactions are fun and the animation is good to sell the comical events.

This will serve as a good replacement for Aito and Ashisu and co. :P
Jul 7, 2014 10:04 AM

Jun 2014
Once again I'm going to rip out my hair with these dense characters but enjoy it just because.. :c

Nice episode, looking forward to how this series goes.

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jul 7, 2014 10:44 AM

Jan 2011
Soo... she was thinking, he was regulary having girls coming over to his place, but still wanted to stay so he doesnt get another.

Wow, love is blind.

Also she was willing to "do her best", what? Was she ready to sleep with him already? In that situation? "Doing her best?" OMG :D

Wow, love is blind.

But even if I liked her determination to get what she wanted, this somehow didnt seem to be the case when going trough with a simple confession. Not making much sense here, her character. So its good to know to shut down brain while I watch this from now on :D
Jul 7, 2014 11:28 AM
Oct 2013
Didn't know it's shoujo. Not bad, adorable and funny moments. Get it going.
Jul 7, 2014 11:56 AM

Mar 2008
I actually really like this, although I feel kinda sorry for the girl actually not really
I like the humor as well, I laughed several times.
Looking forward to more
Jul 7, 2014 1:14 PM

Dec 2011
This has been an incredibly hilarious show. My goodness. I love the chemistry between Sakura and Nozaki.

This will be the comedy anime of this season!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2014 2:52 PM

Jan 2011
PetitFours said:

Its not, its shounen. As I said, the difference is the main male lead.
Jul 7, 2014 3:09 PM

Nov 2013
I loved it! I found this episode really hilarious and I really love the art of this anime.
Jul 7, 2014 3:56 PM

Jul 2014
I'll be honest, I'm not quite sure why I liked this exactly. It seems like kind of just a typical high school romance story, but there's something really charming about it. I'll keep watching and see where it goes!

Also I really liked the scene where they brainstormed how to do the bicycle scene. That was cute and funny xD
Jul 7, 2014 4:33 PM
Jun 2010
AlexGK said:
PetitFours said:

Its not, its shounen. As I said, the difference is the main male lead.

Unless it changes a lot, this style/story is totally shoujo.
Jul 7, 2014 4:48 PM

Apr 2013
The easyest way to tell if its shounen or shoujo its the way the female acts. The girl confessing is what a guy would want , thats one.
Dont be fooled of the lacking of big tits of the female MC!
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jul 7, 2014 5:46 PM

Dec 2013
I'm sold.

The guy reminds me of the dude from Tora Dora somehow, maybe it's the hair and the eyes.

First episode was excellent. Humor was raining down on all sides and not a scene was wasted.

Bring on next episode! The new Heroine looks interesting.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 7, 2014 5:48 PM

Jan 2014
L-Ryoshi said:

The guy reminds me of the dude from Tora Dora somehow, maybe it's the hair and the eyes.
definitely...just a bigger and lamer ryuuji
Jul 7, 2014 5:51 PM

Jul 2013
I usually hate the kawaii-ahh type like her, but Chiyo for some reason is really likeable. This is supposed to be a romance, but right now I didn't see any romance or any possibility of it arising since the guy is such a law-follower and, well, legitimate(?). I really like both characters though, and the new red guy looks cool. Hopefully Nozaki starts giving in to her cuteness- he's so stiff!
Jul 7, 2014 6:01 PM

Jun 2012
Where in the holy hell of comedy did THIS gem come from?! This summer just keeps getting better.
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Jul 7, 2014 6:18 PM

Oct 2012
A pretty enjoyable first episode. Sometimes I just need these sort of rom com's in a while. Chiyo is the cutest thing ever. <333
Memories may fade, but that doesn't mean there isn't any point in making them.
Jul 7, 2014 7:13 PM

Apr 2012
the Bicycle scene lol

Good Start, the Romcom so good :)

wait for next

Jul 7, 2014 7:53 PM

May 2012
00:37 "Ninen Biigumi"

03:41 Donatsu!!

05:30 LOOOL

08:46 he's sharp

10:33 ahahahhaa

11:38 nope, u're being used

15:44 =_=

18:50 nya〜

Girigiri shoujo anime.
7/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 7, 2014 8:11 PM

Jul 2012
Great. Went in with no expectations and got a blast out of this episode. It said shounen but this would appeal to any shoujo fangirl like myself.

Great cast. Loving Nakamura Yuuichi, the newbie seiyuu that voices Sakura, and also Miyano Mamoru!!! I actually like the female lead, because she's adorable and Nozaki is cute as well.
Jul 7, 2014 8:16 PM

Oct 2011
Man, this caught me so off guard is not even funny, I couldn't keep a straight face for more than 30seconds, was smiling like an airhead the entire time.

Chiyo is one of the cutest characters I've ever seen and her seiyuu fits her so well.

The OP is catchy and the ending is cute the comedy is priceless and the animation is fine for the show, really good 1st episode, will definitely keep watching.
5/5 for the episode.

Also that roach scene man...I laughed so frigging much with that, since I can relate with it....being scared as hell from a roach aswell as being a boy it's not even embarassing anymore, is funny, lol.
-ZET-Jul 7, 2014 8:26 PM
Jul 7, 2014 8:17 PM
Apr 2014
I didn't expect it would be this hilarious. Was watching together with my younger brother and we friggin laughed out loud especially at the bicycle part. And during the part where Sakura confessing to Nozaki for the 2nd time it was funny and sad at the same time I laughed crazily while tears streaming down like waterfall. Can't wait for the 2nd episode!
Jul 7, 2014 10:29 PM
Jul 2018
I love Sakura's VA... Seems like something I might enjoy, The ED is also pretty dam catchy.
Jul 7, 2014 10:45 PM

Jan 2011
Excellent first episode. It would be nice if we end up with a romance dessert to go with the comedy main course.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 7, 2014 11:47 PM

Dec 2013
This was pretty hilarious. Started pretty awesome, like it alot. The mc girl is soooo pretty though. Damn you Nozaki. You are so blunt and oblivious. Kinda dislike guys that act like that. Its so sad. Anyways, off to a great start, hope there wont be any yaoi and hope the relationship works out. 4/5 for this episode.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jul 8, 2014 12:53 AM

Mar 2013
Chiyo is so cute. For some reason, she stands out to me more than any other girls in this season.
She failed in confessing her feelings to him, not once, but twice XD
Nozaki reminds me of Mori from Ouran High School Host Club a lot...maybe because it's his calm and cool-looking demeanor....
Hopefully senpai will notice her haha
Jul 8, 2014 1:14 AM

Aug 2013
Another great anime in my list.
Loved the OP.
Jul 8, 2014 1:53 AM

Feb 2012
Funny anime!! I think this will be one of my top anime this season! Can't wait for the next episode with new characters!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jul 8, 2014 2:44 AM

Jan 2009
Yes. I love this. Looks awesome and funny
I'm loving the dynamics between the two
Jul 8, 2014 3:11 AM

Oct 2013
liked the first episode though the bicycle scene was funny think i'll continue watching this :D.
Jul 8, 2014 4:35 AM

Jan 2013
Comedy of the season confirmed.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 8, 2014 5:12 AM

Mar 2012
To be Honest, I am not exactly into watching Romance focused Anime series, It is not exactly my top priority Genre. I have seen few romance series in the past that i like and it is nice to explore once in awhile. This is the first Romance series i am actually watching as it is airing.

From what i have seen from the first episode so far, i would say i really enjoyed it.

Characters ( 7.5-8) : Both of the main characters work well together. Sakura's all lovey and shy personality and Nozaki's Serous and Dense personality make a great combo to show of the comedy moments.

Story (8): While at first glance the story might not appear to be something new. the basic premise has been seen in countless other shows, but i really like how they are portraying a love story between a shojo writer and a high school girl. what i also like is how they portray the realism of how shojo writers are actually in real life. A lot of people's perception of how a shojo writer would be like are actually quite not as what they are actually like. This first episode already portrayed that so well with Nozaki.

Animation (9): The animation is also well animated. The colours and background art really makes the show shine . The characters are drawn quite nice as well, although there were a few drop in quality animation between some scenes but nothing drastic and is minimal noticeable.

Sound (7): The Music i found to be quite suddle, it felt like it was echoing throughout the entire series. There was hardly any soundtrack that made me ecstatic about it. The intro and ending are quite good but nothing special but they defiantly are fitted for this type of series especially the ending song.

Bottom line (8): If i had to describe as a whole i would say it is both Cute and Comedic. It is something worth checking out and even none romance fans might enjoy it if they give it a try. I know it is a bit early to judge a whole series from the first episode and maybe my perception might change as the show continues. but one thing is for sure this series does have potential and deserves to be checked out.

:)
-ShadowClaw-Jul 9, 2014 9:37 AM
Jul 8, 2014 6:10 AM

May 2012
Boring

Dropped
Jul 8, 2014 7:20 AM

Oct 2013
thepath said:
Boring

Dropped

Ditto. Oresama teacher shouldve been adapted instead :/
Jul 8, 2014 8:35 AM

Jan 2008
"Do you think love could arise from this?" ....

This anime is such a pleasant surprise!
Jul 8, 2014 1:39 PM

May 2013
Loved this! XDDDD
Jul 8, 2014 4:23 PM
Apr 2013
wallflowr said:
thepath said:
Boring

Dropped

Ditto. Oresama teacher shouldve been adapted instead :/

I agree I've been waiting for centuries.
Jul 8, 2014 6:15 PM

Jun 2013
Damn this episode was awesome. I have high hopes for this. Expecting it to be one hell of a fun ride. The comedy was awesome. Sakura and Nozaki make a good pair. Their interactions are hilarious. Great misunderstanding based comedy.
OP and ED are also great.
Can't wait for reverse trap to show up. The OP shows that she will be a fun character.
Sakura Chiyo is so kawaiiiiiiii. Would Gekkan that Shojo.
Jul 8, 2014 7:14 PM

Feb 2013
I went into this with zero expectations... and it turned out to be a cute, silly, nice romance.

It's funny because the guy is so dense!
Jul 8, 2014 7:15 PM

Sep 2009
That was actually extremely entertaining. Glad I decided to pick this up.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JUMP-Senshi - Sep 21, 2014

509 by Stratocaslyn »»
Apr 16, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2014

199 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 26, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2014

186 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 5, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2014

154 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Jan 27, 6:41 PM

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

150 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Jan 24, 4:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.