Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 6, 2014 4:14 AM

Jul 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Armin's first kill. Out of all the characters, I am most fond of Armin's growth, albeit, at the same time, I pity him.

At least they know the Military Police's hideout now through bowl-cut Marlo and Hitch, but the tension has clearly risen.
Jul 6, 2014 8:05 AM
Oct 2013
Please Isayana, show us at least a little about Reiner's village.. it's taking too long..

About this chapter, I can't say much because I can't read in this language, but I expected much more from it. There was barely any action scenes in it, only Jean's fight.. Also, the story is too slow paced! We waited one month for this?
Jul 6, 2014 8:22 AM

May 2010
I feel bad for Armin. The poor boy. :(

Okay, I had to comment..

Levi's BOD!
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Jul 6, 2014 8:27 AM

Jul 2013
Bertxannie said:
About this chapter, I can't say much because I can't read in this language, but I expected much more from it. There was barely any action scenes in it, only Jean's fight.. Also, the story is too slow paced! We waited one month for this?
Not trying to sound impertinent, but that's a rather hasty and ignorant view given the fact that you haven't read the chapter properly. This chapter focused on character fleshing, for (my) lack of better phrasing. Action alone does not automatically equate to good pacing.
Jul 6, 2014 9:34 AM

Oct 2010
I feel pity for Armin, but I'm also proud of him being the first one to react. Otherwise Jean would be dead. Armin has saved him three times now.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Jul 6, 2014 10:01 AM

Oct 2013
Pipoko said:
orithyea said:
Not trying to sound impertinent, but that's a rather hasty and ignorant view given the fact that you haven't read the chapter properly. This chapter focused on character fleshing, for (my) lack of better phrasing. Action alone does not automatically equate to good pacing.

It's been 9 chapters of this kind of poor pacing, that 3/4 of a year for no "real" answers and only occasional action or character development moments, with always a promise, but not any real substance. Reiss is the Royal Family, Levi is an Ackerman. Titans are humans, Titans can turn human by eating a shifter, there's a mystery girl Eren and Historia saw in a dream. How about actually giving answers about stuff? The only things certain are the most obvious and a lot of the stuff takes more pages than it really needs to. Reading the translation, I feel like it could've been contained in half a chapter. There's a point where it just becomes too much.

Now let me ask you a question, with all those details set in place what do you think he's doing? He's building up the story, so when he answer all these question it would make sense. What do you want him to do, mention all these stuff then answer everything at the same time? That would be poor writing imo. From what I've seen chapter 51-59 are buildup chapters, these are the chapters that will give us a lot of questions, I expect most to be answered during volume 15 to 16.

Also how could all these interaction be contained in half a chapter? It would feel rushed! Unless you wanted him to take out a few scenes like the armin scene, the marlow, Jean and Hitch interaction, or any other. Character development this is what this chapter is about. Any ways I understand your frustration, I don't think it's slow pace I think since the series is monthly just the frustration of waiting another month is the real cause.

Well I'm Hype! Annie will be returning soon people, Where levi and everyone are heading to is where Annie, Eren and Historia are at, Since they introduce these characters I'm 100% sure Annie will be returning in either this volume or the next. ;)

Jul 6, 2014 11:28 AM

Mar 2014
Bertxannie said:
Please Isayana, show us at least a little about Reiner's village.. it's taking too long..

I agree with you but I think isayama is taking his time to expand on the city within the walls. The manga was extended to 25 volumes so now there are more chapters and he probably wants to expand on characters, lore and the world in Attack on Titan.
Jul 6, 2014 12:46 PM
Jul 2013
Wow, if the manga readers are complaining now, I wonder what will say the anime action junkies about the non Titan arc.
For the curse of life, is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers.
Jul 6, 2014 2:23 PM

Dec 2012
Pipoko said:

I realized I didn't really respond - character development and set up is nice and all, but like I said there's a point where it becomes too much. A balance would be nice. The series had a few slow stretches here and there - The few chapters before Levi's first squad died, the few chapters before Eren blocked the gate, chapter 45,46 are relatively slow ones. This has been like this 9 chapters straight and not that well balanced in plot, characters and everything else. I'm willing to be really patient, but it's been such a long stretch of relatively slow chapters now.

I can agree with you on that.
Jul 6, 2014 5:31 PM

Mar 2014
I just finished reading. It was a good chapter. I hope the next chapter has more. Maybe we see Eren and Historia actually talking with Lod Reiss and Levi and crew infiltrate the Castle.
Jul 6, 2014 5:49 PM

Jul 2013
Pipoko said:
It's been 9 chapters [...]
To be frank, I was mostly pertaining to his point of having not read the chapter yet.
Jul 6, 2014 9:21 PM

Mar 2014
Pipoko said:
To be honest what bothers me most are the possible disturbing implications of the ideal that all the deaths the SL caused are in the end justified because they were for a "good cause" or "for the greater good". Historia was beat up "for the greater good", all the people died "for the greater good". It relates to the disturbing tweets Isayama made about Koreans, in not so much the Korean thing, rather than he said that he colonization was justified because the "population doubled" and they got "better technology". It implies that the deaths of those innocent civilians were justified. I don't like this message at all. I wish it'd purely played up the "we need to survive" idea or the circumstances idea that were brought up this chapter. They're there, but as of now it can very freely go the way of "hey we did horrible things, but at least we got something out of it, so all of this death we caused is okay!"

I hope all the killing and torture the SL have done will not eventually be "justified".

Are you talking about the innocent civilians (ie. the ones killed in the Stohess District) or the opposition? Cause the latter is pretty much justified -- they're the enemy, we kill them. But if we're talking about the former, it's not really justification but more of -- that's just how it is, it's reality, "shit happens". There will be innocent lives affected by war, which is basically what is happening in SnL. It only adds to Isayama saying that "this world is cruel and beautiful". The SL has taken responsibility for their actions, like when Erwin spoke to the MP division regarding the capture of Annie. In this scenario, people were going to die either way, and they took this into account and "chose the lesser of two evils". Again, adds to the cruel world that Isayama is trying to portray.

And besides, the "greater good" is humanity's survival.

OT: Great chapter, I really liked Jean in this one. Also, Armin and how he's taken control for a lot of things. Armin's first kill was really something. Despite that girl he killed being someone we never really knew, I still felt bad. Because they talked about how she hesitated, that she must have been someone with moral values. The fact that Armin killed her without hesitation was almost scary. But then Levi brings up that he did it because someone he cared about was in imminent danger. Makes you think about all these moralities, good stuff.

One thing though... the translation I read had Levi saying that Annie is "the titan confined within the walls." It sounded like Levi was talking about the Colossal Titan actually in the walls. Don't really see a point in Levi lying about Annie's actual location if he already blurted out that she's a titan.
Jul 7, 2014 12:42 AM

Jul 2013
Armin to the rescue!
Jul 7, 2014 12:45 AM

Apr 2014
I really enjoyed how Armin handled the situation to save Jean. His character definitely gets better and better.
Jul 7, 2014 1:30 AM
Jan 2014
I think Annie will return while all this commotion between the MP & Survey Corp is going on. If she doesnt then i think she'll return at the end of this Arc (for the next Arc), which might be something leading towards giving us info about Reiner's village hopefully.

I cant help but think this since marlow and hitch has gotten involved with helping the Survey Corp and while Annie is one of their biggest connections to the plot/story.

Also, I'm pretty sure marlow and hitch won't be able to stay safely inside the MP for to much longer because someone will eventually notice that MP info is being leaked and will investigate about it. Which will lead to them permanently joining up with the Survey Corp in the future. That way they all will see Annie together although idk what Annie will do after she returns. She can tell the Survey Corp what her purpose was for infiltrating the walls, now that everyone already found out about her reiner and berthold working together (I doubt this will happen though) OR she can very easily escape this time now that Eren isn't there that the moment.
AnnieZoeJul 7, 2014 1:34 AM
Jul 7, 2014 1:47 AM

Feb 2014
AnnieZoe said:
I think Annie will return while all this commotion between the MP & Survey Corp is going on. If she doesnt then i think she'll return at the end of this Arc (for the next Arc), which might be something leading towards giving us info about Reiner's village hopefully.

I cant help but think this since marlow and hitch has gotten involved with helping the Survey Corp and while Annie is one of their biggest connections to the plot/story.

Also, I'm pretty sure marlow and hitch won't be able to stay safely inside the MP for to much longer because someone will eventually notice that MP info is being leaked and will investigate about it. Which will lead to them permanently joining up with the Survey Corp in the future. That way they all will see Annie together although idk what Annie will do after she returns. She can tell the Survey Corp what her purpose was for infiltrating the walls, now that everyone already found out about her reiner and berthold working together (I doubt this will happen though) OR she can very easily escape this time now that Eren isn't there that the moment.

But that can actually become "death flag" for both of them, i doubt Hitch. Probably she will tell what happened to their superior.

If Annie ever come out from that crystal, i think she will try shifting into titan as she IS enemy. That will be dangerous.
Jul 7, 2014 1:49 AM

Jan 2009
philosophy talk but then again its unavoidable considering the past chapters are all action pack, its nice to know that new 3DMGs are specifically made to combat against humans and not titans lol those upper management is really the true enemies
Jul 7, 2014 2:19 AM

Sep 2013
MShukyDeneuve said:

But that can actually become "death flag" for both of them, i doubt Hitch. Probably she will tell what happened to their superior.

If Annie ever come out from that crystal, i think she will try shifting into titan as she IS enemy. That will be dangerous.

I don't find hitch to be that bad, even though she doesn't exactly show it she still somewhat cares about people.
I mean she mentioned the civilians casualties and Annie to Levi (looks like she actually likes Annie) plus she came back to save marlow so shes a good person inside hopefully.
To be honest shes the female version of jean (honest, realistic and kinda coward)... i think if jean went to the MP instead of survey corps he would've been exactly like her.
its good the author decided to bring those two back, i always thought they were interesting even with their brief appearance not to mention that i always wondered what their reaction would be if they ever knew about Annie.
Jul 7, 2014 2:55 AM

Jul 2012
I think it's pretty cool to have these two characters reintroduced again. I wonder how much of a role they'll play moving forward. Chapter was more on the slow side, but if Isayama says that the next two volumes will be the most impactful, I can bear it. I'm excited for what's to come :)
Jul 7, 2014 2:59 AM
Jul 2014
I love how Isayama incorporates the development of a certain character within each chapter. Armin's reaction or "trauma" is realistic, since he was the guy who almost never fights; I loved it. XD This chapter didn't have much action, but it certainly does build up.

Another month of waiting. :<
Jul 7, 2014 3:01 AM
Jan 2014
MShukyDeneuve said:
AnnieZoe said:

I'm 95% sure that neither marlow or hitch will die anytime soon. That's why i said after the MP starts the investigation, they will permanently join the Survey Corp, so they have a place to go. I can definitely see them travelling with team levi in the near future.

I agree like i said, i think she will shift and leave while eren isn't there . I just put the other thought in my post because there is a chance that annie has one last conversation with someone before she leaves.
Jul 7, 2014 3:52 AM
Sep 2012
jreginald said:

I guess to put it in a considerably more concise manner, I don't want the bad stuff the good guys did eventually be swept under the rug because it's for a "good cause". Levi still abused Historia, they tortured a guy and killed people. That's why I loved Armin's line of "we're not good people anymore" a few chapters back. They're doing bad things, but it's not justified even if they have a reason and I don't want that to change when they "win".
Jul 7, 2014 5:10 AM

Aug 2013
better watch the fuck out armins packen heat
Yo
Jul 7, 2014 5:40 AM

May 2013
Wow Armin, that was a baddass move. But as you feel the guilt and being traumatized, I feel bad for you. Anyways, Jean suddenly became a Yandere character. Haha.

And dem that Levi abs. Now next time, I'm excited on how they'll rescue Eren and Historia.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 7, 2014 5:56 AM
Jan 2014
I got a feeling Armin won't quite be himself after this arc..
Jul 7, 2014 7:22 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Armin and Jean both develop as characters here. I wonder how they will change as a result of this.

I get the feeling Bowl Cut will suffer a cruel death soon.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 7, 2014 7:41 AM

Jun 2013
I knew it would be Armin that shoot that man and caused the blood shower...First kill...let's see if rest of the New Members of the Levi Squad have to "honor" make their first kill. ..wait That was a Woman that Armin Killed?

So even MP regulars start to question methods....especially when they are using New 3DMG....
this will most likely come damn bloody at the time when the end finally arrives.

Realistic reaction...Who would not throw up after that moment....and...what? she hesitated...? that Member of the Ackerman Murder Squad? i thought that they were trained Assassin's? or was it because Jean's order to stay down...Act of mercy? that in the end killed Assassin?

And so Levi teaches them how to survive...And Annie's former comrades know the truth,.....haha freaking awesome...they are now in SC Side!!!! New Members!!!! Really liking this chapter...I though that Hitch was just same as other members of the MP...but really liked Annie eh? X) freaking cool!!!

And Already in htere to Save their Comrades!!!! I seriously hope...that it is not a Trap...and that they are not waiting them...."True Rescue Mission"...(I hope)....Starts!!!!
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jul 7, 2014 8:29 AM

Jun 2012
Of course Jean didn't die. I'm so done.
Jul 7, 2014 10:28 AM
Jun 2014
Pipoko said:
jreginald said:

I guess to put it in a considerably more concise manner, I don't want the bad stuff the good guys did eventually be swept under the rug because it's for a "good cause". Levi still abused Historia, they tortured a guy and killed people. That's why I loved Armin's line of "we're not good people anymore" a few chapters back. They're doing bad things, but it's not justified even if they have a reason and I don't want that to change when they "win".

..what? So they should just bend over and let the MP kill them and keep everything a secret because "it involves doing something bad"? The group that kills innocent people for "knowing too much" or for inventing new technology? Their trying to survive and save humanity isn't enough of a justification for you?

You aren't joining my group during the zombie apocalypse.
suzi9mmJul 7, 2014 10:34 AM
Jul 7, 2014 10:51 AM

Oct 2013
When I looked at the raws for the first time (I can't read Chinese) I thought "Oh, no, not another chapter with no action and a lot of talks"
Then I read the english translation and changed my mind.
I think that Isayama is planning to give a mayor role both to those young MP and to Nile.

Other reader have already posted a lot about Hitch and Marlow, I would like to underline how Nile is developing too.

He's a MP's officier and he seems to have some grudges against Erwin; by now he was one of the villain.
However Erwin seems somehow to trust him, he tried to get his alliance. At that time Nile refused but now he seems really shocked by the new 3DMG-"Anti Human".
He seems to understand that he could be smashed in few seconds by the same estabilishment he was fighting for.
I bet that he'll soon become a SL's allied.
Perhaps not for high ideals, such as Marlow, but to save his own interest, such as Reeds.

Just a little question.
I have always thought that all the trainers of the 104th lived and were trained together.
However Marlow and Hitch, which belong to the 104th met Annie only after she joined the MP's. Hitch, referring to Armin and co. says something like "Annie came from the southern group as you".

So the 104th was splitted in four or more groups? Mikasa was the best of her year or just the best of the southern group?
Jul 7, 2014 10:52 AM

Oct 2010
Pipoko said:
orithyea said:

It's been 9 chapters of this kind of poor pacing, that 3/4 of a year for no "real" answers and only occasional action or character development moments, with always a promise, but not any real substance. Reiss is the Royal Family, Levi is an Ackerman. Titans are humans, Titans can turn human by eating a shifter, there's a mystery girl Eren and Historia saw in a dream. How about actually giving answers about stuff? The only things certain are the most obvious and a lot of the stuff takes more pages than it really needs to. Reading the translation, I feel like it could've been contained in half a chapter. There's a point where it just becomes too much.

I have to agree. I just know since the anime became so popular the pace is extremely slow now. Plus he already changed the ending. For a while now this manga been Attack on Humans. I might wait a few months before i read again i doubt i get any answers.
Jul 7, 2014 11:00 AM
May 2010
Hmm feel like Mikasa's changed without us knowing. Before she'd get all upset about losing Eren and worried about his safety, now she's just a strong soldier listening to Levi. Where's her crying and desperation for Eren? Feels like she's suddenly not so emotionally involved with him anymore.

And what about the Ape Titan? Any further development? Erwin and Hanji, no one remembers or is factoring the Ape Titan into any theories, except for the villagers turned into Titans. Seems the Ape Titan only served to bring the characters to the wall and then get rid of Reiner, Berholdt, Ymir. Still i like the story overall.
Jul 7, 2014 12:07 PM

Aug 2013
vlasic said:
Hmm feel like Mikasa's changed without us knowing. Before she'd get all upset about losing Eren and worried about his safety, now she's just a strong soldier listening to Levi. Where's her crying and desperation for Eren? Feels like she's suddenly not so emotionally involved with him anymore.

And what about the Ape Titan? Any further development? Erwin and Hanji, no one remembers or is factoring the Ape Titan into any theories, except for the villagers turned into Titans. Seems the Ape Titan only served to bring the characters to the wall and then get rid of Reiner, Berholdt, Ymir. Still i like the story overall.

She's growing up. After chapter 50 a lot changed, she realised that Eren isn't as helpless as she thought and he can handle himself.
The best chance of getting Eren back is to listen to their leader, Levi. Who Eren trusted with command and therefore who she does too.

Also count of abs now seen - Mikasa, Eren and Levi.

Loved this chapter, though the lack of Eren is noticeable. The new mp guy (Marlowe?) is somewhat like him as pointed out by horse face, but I still want some Eren!
Jul 7, 2014 1:14 PM

Jun 2011
Armin's growth has been amazing, from being the one protected by his friends to the one protecting them aka he has grown some balls.

I was hoping for some LevixMikasa, I guess I'll have to make do with fanfiction...

I can see Marlow becoming more central to the plot, I read somewhere that the 2nd season is coming out at the end of this year, considering how the manga's going, it will just be contain a bundle of questions atleast we'll get to see semi-naked Levi animated
Jul 7, 2014 1:42 PM

Feb 2014
The best chapter after a while, at least to me.

Great development!

Jul 7, 2014 2:02 PM
Jul 2013
vlasic said:

It's pretty weird tbh, I don't thinks she's changed, why would she ?
For the curse of life, is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers.
Jul 7, 2014 2:41 PM

Apr 2012
I'm glad Jean didn't die actually, I know a lot of people hate him lol but I like that he's just a normal kinda guy who is sometimes cowardly, who doesn't always make the right decisions, who hesitates before doing things. It's fairly relatable and I think it was wise of him to test Marlow like that, so he's not totally dumb :p

ARMIN THOUGH. I love his tactical quick-thinking mind ;_____; He could grow to be an incredibly strong and smart leader. I feel bad for him being so traumatised by what he had to do but, Levi was right in everything that he said. It was the only decision that could have helped everyone.

I think this was a good chapter, it almost seemed like more stuff happened than in the last one, even though it was more along the character development lines than pure action (I do love character development though). Excited for what comes next!!
Jul 7, 2014 5:09 PM
May 2014
ryoko74 said:
When I looked at the raws for the first time (I can't read Chinese) I thought "Oh, no, not another chapter with no action and a lot of talks"
Then I read the english translation and changed my mind.
I think that Isayama is planning to give a mayor role both to those young MP and to Nile.

Other reader have already posted a lot about Hitch and Marlow, I would like to underline how Nile is developing too.

He's a MP's officier and he seems to have some grudges against Erwin; by now he was one of the villain.
However Erwin seems somehow to trust him, he tried to get his alliance. At that time Nile refused but now he seems really shocked by the new 3DMG-"Anti Human".
He seems to understand that he could be smashed in few seconds by the same estabilishment he was fighting for.
I bet that he'll soon become a SL's allied.
Perhaps not for high ideals, such as Marlow, but to save his own interest, such as Reeds.

Just a little question.
I have always thought that all the trainers of the 104th lived and were trained together.
However Marlow and Hitch, which belong to the 104th met Annie only after she joined the MP's. Hitch, referring to Armin and co. says something like "Annie came from the southern group as you".

So the 104th was splitted in four or more groups? Mikasa was the best of her year or just the best of the southern group?

Each year is a different training corp number. Everyone in this year training is 104. But there are 4 training location located in the 4 wall cites in wall rose. (There used to be 4 more in wall Maria) so hitch and Marlo's were most likely the 104 group in the eastern city. And they were the top 10'of that group. Thus each year a possibility of 40 top 10 solider (80 back before wall Maria fell) can join move into wall sina and work for the mp. Wall sina didn't have any training group because it the wall/city for rich people. (The top prize for any solider is to move and lived in wall sina.) mikasa was top 10'in southern region of the 104. Pixis is the commander of the garrison in the southern region of wall rose Most likely are at least 3 other people for wall rose garrison command.
Jul 7, 2014 5:22 PM
Jan 2008
vlasic said:

Like someone said before it all started with chapter 50. The events that happened in that chapter really changed her. If you payed close attention and read it from 51 up to now you can see those changes. She still stays close to him but there are small details like her not sitting next to him while there is an open chair. Her freaking out about Eren merging with his titan and asking Hange to stop as opposed to going yandere. Asking Levi if his injuries are ok. Letting Eren be used as bait. The biggest one is though like you said trusting her leader. While you can see she wasn't happy about aborting the mission she was able to control her emotions.

Though I'm not sure what changed her. Either Eren's speech that he would always wrap the scarf around her gave her assurance that he won't try to leave her like he always does or Mikasa finally expressing her emotions/thoughts has finally freed her. Can't keep all those emotions/thoughts bottled up for too long. Maybe both.

Either way she is still emotionally involved but who knows if they're romantic or not.
But just recently I could go for EM pairing if she behaves this way and not the stalker girlfriend mode.

Loved the Armin and Jean character development. I have to say Jean is so damn good at reading people. Only Annie and Jean can tell the similarities between Eren and Marlowe. Neither Armin or Mikasa noticed it. Armin must have too much in his head.

BTW anybody here think its fishy that they got Eren and Historia's location from someone like Marlowe/Hitch?
kinkinJul 7, 2014 5:38 PM
Jul 7, 2014 5:50 PM

Mar 2014
Decent chapter..I need more Marlowe and definitely more Hitch.. Armin got his first body.. And I'm glad Mikasa was the first to check on him rather than Jean(thank god).. Need more of that so Mikasa won't be too much of an Erendere.. But it seems as though she has changed a little in these last few chapters which is good.. And once again too much shady people in the background. You almost cant trust anyone..Dawk can't even control his MP and knows next to nothing as does the SC..
Jul 7, 2014 5:56 PM

Sep 2013
kinkin said:
vlasic said:

Like someone said before it all started with chapter 50. The events that happened in that chapter really changed her. If you payed close attention and read it from 51 up to now you can see those changes. She still stays close to him but there are small details like her not sitting next to him while there is an open chair. Her freaking out about Eren merging with his titan and asking Hange to stop as opposed to going yandere. Asking Levi if his injuries are ok. Letting Eren be used as bait. The biggest one is though like you said trusting her leader. While you can see she wasn't happy about aborting the mission she was able to control her emotions.

Though I'm not sure what changed her. Either Eren's speech that he would always wrap the scarf around her gave her assurance that he won't try to leave her like he always does or Mikasa finally expressing her emotions/thoughts has finally freed her. Can't keep all those emotions/thoughts bottled up for too long. Maybe both.

Either way she is still emotionally involved but who knows if they're romantic or not.
But just recently I could go for EM pairing if she behaves this way and not the stalker girlfriend mode.

Loved the Armin and Jean character development. I have to say Jean is so damn good at reading people. Only Annie and Jean can tell the similarities between Eren and Marlowe. Neither Armin or Mikasa noticed it. Armin must have too much in his head.

BTW anybody here think its fishy that they got Eren and Historia's location from someone like Marlowe/Hitch?

They discovered the location of central MP which shouldn't be too hard to find with a bit of snooping around, Eren and Historia are assumed to be held captive there but that not necessarily true.
Jul 7, 2014 6:13 PM

Sep 2013
Good chapter. I like Armin more and more as the story goes on. Hopefully he soon realizes that it was kill or be killed and he shouldnt dwell on it. I totally had no idea that Jean had a plan. I actually thought hed snapped from the guilt of forcing the kill on Armin and was gonna kill em both. Really wish we couldve gotten a bit --just a little bit!-- of Eren and Historia's situation though!
Reim_Seranth said:
I feel pity for Armin, but I'm also proud of him being the first one to react. Otherwise Jean would be dead. Armin has saved him three times now.

Armin protecting Jeans unconscious body against the Titans when Eren and Ymir were kidnapped comes to mind, but when was the other time he saved Jean's ass?
Jinkuro said:
vlasic said:

It's pretty weird tbh, I don't thinks she's changed, why would she ?

I wouldnt say shes changed... More, she just realizes that this is the only thing she can do with everything seemingly against the Survey Corps and all.
Jul 7, 2014 6:18 PM

Jul 2012
Jean testing that soldier was funny.

Great chapter!!!
Jul 7, 2014 6:43 PM
Jan 2008
Old_Raven said:

Armin protecting Jeans unconscious body against the Titans when Eren and Ymir were kidnapped comes to mind, but when was the other time he saved Jean's ass?

I'm guessing the time where he gets Annie's attention while she is about to kill Jean.
Jul 7, 2014 8:16 PM
Jan 2012
Armin! Holly shit! I liked his reaction, again showing murder as something that isn't light, or fun. It seems to be like that for quite some time,. First Hanji and Levi torturing the guy, which was terrible. Then Levi attacking Historia, and saying openly he is abnormal. He didn't really beat her, but it made even me, react with "Wtf,man?!" though he is my favorite character. And than Nifa getting beheaded, which was quite shocking with its brutality - to me at least. Armin's first kill was the cherry on top of it all. I don't think those things happen in order to be glorified. On the contrary - I think the idea is that even if you honestly and completely do it for greater good, such actions are still bad, and can't be just excused. That being said - I like the way Armin is going. The quick thinking and all.

those two are back. I knew will see them again. What Jean did was pretty cool. It proves that you can sometimes give chances to people. and that not to go straight for the kill can be the right choice.

Anf finally - I have to say it - Levi's fanservice was appreciated. :D
Jul 7, 2014 8:25 PM

Jul 2010
By the name of Isayama I am in heaven with Levi's body
Why did I get jealous Of Sasha even stitching him up?!
Man lucky ass Sasha
Armin's first kill ,woah poor guy he was so innocent ,and Levi saying it so formal " your hands are stained now sink it in"
The siblings are scary
Hitch and Mario I somewhat don't trust them but now that they know is good
Jean looked scary ass hell,psycho on the loose
The base was easy t find.
Jul 7, 2014 8:26 PM

Sep 2011
Isayama might change his mind and make this into another One Piece, long.

Anyhow, I haven't read this manga in 3+ chapters for a reason, monthly series' are generally too slow, even Railgun is.

Also, it's been AGES, why aren't there any more new info on Rainer's village yet?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 7, 2014 8:55 PM

Feb 2014
annie_leonheart said:
MShukyDeneuve said:

I don't find hitch to be that bad, even though she doesn't exactly show it she still somewhat cares about people.
I mean she mentioned the civilians casualties and Annie to Levi (looks like she actually likes Annie) plus she came back to save marlow so shes a good person inside hopefully.
To be honest shes the female version of jean (honest, realistic and kinda coward)... i think if jean went to the MP instead of survey corps he would've been exactly like her.
its good the author decided to bring those two back, i always thought they were interesting even with their brief appearance not to mention that i always wondered what their reaction would be if they ever knew about Annie.

I am aware of that that she just like female version of Jean. But that the cause of my doubt. Unlike Marlowe, she don't have any rebel intent. The difference is Jean joined SC, he even got himself involved in something unnecessary even if it dangerous, more over, his environment was great for himself to push his limit.

But Hitch was on Military Brigade, the corrupt environment will eventually also corrupted the cowards inside it, it always like that even on our history. Even she don't have any intent to betray someone, probably she just have a foolish idea about how she should report all incident she just through to their superior. What i mean is she still lack all of Jean "trigger" to gain "my" trust on her. She looks like a potential threat to me.
Jul 7, 2014 9:43 PM

Jun 2014
MShukyDeneuve said:
annie_leonheart said:

I am aware of that that she just like female version of Jean. But that the cause of my doubt. Unlike Marlowe, she don't have any rebel intent. The difference is Jean joined SC, he even got himself involved in something unnecessary even if it dangerous, more over, his environment was great for himself to push his limit.

But Hitch was on Military Brigade, the corrupt environment will eventually also corrupted the cowards inside it, it always like that even on our history. Even she don't have any intent to betray someone, probably she just have a foolish idea about how she should report all incident she just through to their superior. What i mean is she still lack all of Jean "trigger" to gain "my" trust on her. She looks like a potential threat to me.

I never thought of it like that. She's just like Jean before all his development. Doing whatever it takes to survive, in a cowardly fashion and being a hard head

Hitch is like eren, but he took a different path than just "slaughter the titans"
I didn't come here to play, I came to win. Now lets play.
Jul 7, 2014 10:34 PM

Sep 2013
Ketsubutsu31 said:

I never thought of it like that. She's just like Jean before all his development. Doing whatever it takes to survive, in a cowardly fashion and being a hard head

Hitch is like eren, but he took a different path than just "slaughter the titans"

You mean marlow.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Oct 6, 2015

132 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 17, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ana - Aug 6, 2015

119 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 16, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

peskylemur25 - May 2, 2015

127 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 5, 8:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.