Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2009 7:39 PM
Mar 2009
Pretty damn good episode to kick off it's season. Suo seems like an interesting enough character, hopefully she can develop overtime, and Hei is back to being the ol Chinese Electric Batman we all love. I'm guessing quarrels between syndindicates will be the main plot line to this show along with the relationship between Suo and Hei. DTB2 seems very promising.
Oct 9, 2009 7:42 PM

Feb 2008
Daaaaaaaayum, there's deaths already. xD And I hope that cat wasn't Mao. Please. D: I'd be heartbroken...!

Aeterna said:
DtB2 is what I've been looking forward to most and it's not disappointing so far. I was pretty apprehensive about Suou, but she seems to be likeable enough.

But...dear Hei needs a good shave and a little bit of a trim D:

My thoughts exactly...Suou is all right so far, but the fanservice was no. :/ Anyways, everything's going great so far. :3
ScarletApplesOct 9, 2009 7:45 PM
Oct 9, 2009 7:45 PM

Sep 2008
YoshiBoshi said:
Speaking of Suou, does anyone know where I can find some gifs and/or avatars of her?
Here, I made it for the lulz

If you want it, I could make it 100x100 ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2009 7:56 PM

Sep 2008
Brilliant!! The show with my highest expectations this season absolutely delivered with its first ep. Looks like the plot will be interesting this time. Hei looks freaking badass, When a heard 'Male, Asian, and wears a mask' a big smile went on my face. I am sure Mao is fine, remember he can switch animal bodies. He probably went into a bird one. Did not expect April to die, was like 'oh shit'. Was an epic shot as well. I will like to see how the plot all connects up in the next few episodes. Glad they got into the serious part fast otherwise I am sure people would have been complaining.
Oct 9, 2009 8:17 PM

Sep 2009
August 7th looks awesome
and killing off April already was woah =0
Hei looks awesome
and i like the new characters Suou and Shion
this ties with Toaru Kagaku no Railgun for me :)
can't wait for the next episode
this ep was awesome :D

Oct 9, 2009 8:19 PM

Aug 2007
Bones is really stepping it up this year, that was one of the best first episodes I have ever seen (even though its for the second season). Too bad its going to be so short- I hope they dont rush the story along too much.
Oct 9, 2009 8:26 PM

Jul 2009
This series is off to a great start. Sucks that the super speed guy died though, I liked him.
Oct 9, 2009 8:29 PM
Jun 2009
OHH MY GAWDDD I'm so ecstaticc! I never even KNEW there was a 2nd season to this..well maybe >.>
I thought Hei and April were...non-enemies. What a big ass shocker. The previews at the end were pretty bomb too. CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE.

Hei <3 needs to go to Supercuts :D
Oct 9, 2009 8:34 PM

Dec 2007
Antanaru said:
I have only few words to say. What the hell is this shit?! Another total disappointment?
Ditto.
Seriously, what in the hell was that? Let's just hope the following episodes don't follow suit and revert back to the style of season one. We are clearly in the minority though.

I, for one, was not expecting this drastic of a change. The more I dwell on this first episode, the more concerned I become about this new season. That classic "Darker than Black" feel is completely gone -- one major cause being the change in settings. Additionally, the new animation seems like a major downgrade when compared to season one. And also, the loss of Yoko Kanno's excellence is apparent, I can't see the music being very impressive this time around judging from what I've heard thus far (strange that they couldn't get Yoko Kanno this time around). And just an odd thing that I noticed throughout this entire episode: Nearly all of the scenes were extremely zoomed in (compared to the first season that is). I really enjoyed the "openness" of the first season, I am not liking this one bit.

This just doesn't feel like Darker than Black... The director is certainly talented, and presented the given material very well, but this type of show just isn't up my alley. Maybe I'm judging it too quickly though...But I really do want to see this new season succeed.
DunkyOct 9, 2009 8:37 PM
Oct 9, 2009 8:35 PM
Jun 2009
Oh! and about the manga..I took a glance at the manga and it looks quite different o.o
If I start reading it will I get confused? :/
Oct 9, 2009 8:49 PM

Sep 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
YoshiBoshi said:
Speaking of Suou, does anyone know where I can find some gifs and/or avatars of her?

Thank you very much ;]
And yes a 100x100 version would be much appreciated as I intend to use it for another forum where thats the maximum limit.
Oct 9, 2009 8:56 PM

Aug 2009
boring at first ... but it picked up the pace nicely at the end. Now I REALLY want to see the next episode!!
Oct 9, 2009 9:01 PM

Sep 2008
YoshiBoshi said:
HawthorneKitty said:
YoshiBoshi said:

Thank you very much ;]
And yes a 100x100 version would be much appreciated as I intend to use it for another forum where thats the maximum limit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2009 9:10 PM

Sep 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
YoshiBoshi said:
HawthorneKitty said:
YoshiBoshi said:

Thank you very much ;]
Again, thank you ;].
Very much appreciated.
Oct 9, 2009 9:23 PM

Oct 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
YoshiBoshi said:

Very nice, I still think the one where she is red in face is better.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 9, 2009 10:09 PM

Mar 2008
I liked the episode. I'm pretty lost though. I'm going to have to re-watch season 1. This episode wasn't nearly as gritty as the first season, which is a negative.
Oct 9, 2009 11:10 PM

Aug 2009
I couldn't help but compare Hei to HoboPhoenix from Apollo Justice, what with the beanie and stubble.

One of the things I really liked about the first season was the imaginative ways characters got killed, and it looks like this season will continue the trend.

And one more thing: how do they know he's Asian if he's wearing a mask?
Ha-cha!
Oct 9, 2009 11:10 PM

Jan 2008
I dislike the main female lead very very much but when Hei's mask fell off it was all good again ^^
can't wait for the next episode
Oct 9, 2009 11:53 PM

May 2009
can wait for the next episode ..i want to see all the old characters how they look after 2 years...i wanted a 26 episode season not 12 :(
I`M A MURDERER
Oct 10, 2009 12:14 AM
Dec 2008
OH GREAT!!! dammit! now i have to rewatch atleast the last episode of the first season to remember everything... he he. or at lest partly.... i remember a little bit of it all tho...
Oct 10, 2009 12:22 AM

Nov 2008
I like how shion gave suou the meteor fragment to smuggle it out, telling her it was just a charm that will make them meet each other again one day... Hei looks badass...and tired.

Too bad they killed of April so fast...but I guess Hei doesn't want anyone to know where he is and what he is doing. Well, makes sense with the sindycate on his tail.

Oct 10, 2009 12:38 AM

Jan 2009
Racu said:
i wanted a 26 episode season not 12 :(

Oh I wanted a longer season too : ( I mean, this is Darker than BLACK we're talking about, this could go on for as long as it wants, it won't stop being awesome : >
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 10, 2009 12:56 AM
Jul 2009
nice first episode
i like this )
Oct 10, 2009 1:02 AM

Oct 2009
APRIL!!!!! NOOO!!!! YOU CANT DIE!!!

They really had me fooled with that Bella character. Turns out she was April after all! When I saw "Bella" throw the pen on the ground and it exploded, I was OH SHI--! She's a contractor!

Until April threw her wig on the ground in the secret tunnel ._.

I really like Bones for it's daring use of non- Asian(and white) characters in the first season. Brings a "real life" touch to the anime. There was April and that indian girl who worked at the gate and...well yeah. They were the only non white characters who didn't die lol. I hope we get an April "replacement". Like a sexy Brazilian lady(or guy) who survived the first war.

Anyway, loved the first episode! Will watch no matter what!
Oct 10, 2009 1:39 AM

Jun 2008
OMG, April!!!

Anyways, watching DtB again really made me soooo happy!!

Great starting, looking forward to next week's episode
Oct 10, 2009 1:48 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
Racu said:
i wanted a 26 episode season not 12 :(

Oh I wanted a longer season too : ( I mean, this is Darker than BLACK we're talking about, this could go on for as long as it wants, it won't stop being awesome : >

Yeah they could make more powers to be shown.

Oct 10, 2009 1:55 AM

Dec 2008
Oosran said:

hehe so true so true :3 Anyway,

You guys aren't kidding..This is a really awesome 1st ep! So many things happened it was like a blur *.* Hei killed April? and here I am thinking that April will be here longer since she seems to be playing a big role from the start. Also hopping that the cat that was killed isn't Mao..i-it couldn't be Y-Y
And Hei, you look as dashing as always xD :> Maybe I'll watch this again if there's going to be another group working on this with a higher quality.
Oh, the ED is AWESOME! wheee~ more ABS!
Oct 10, 2009 2:08 AM
Jul 2008
A wonderfull episode, I love this already. I'm sure it will end up with a good score on my list when it's completed. About the end, I don't like Hei with long hair, he could really need a hair cut. And did Mao really die? Or just the car body (which is sad enough)? If only the body, I don't want him to be a bird or rat. He must be a cat! D:
Oct 10, 2009 2:27 AM

Jun 2009
Fantastic episode. As some other posters have said, this should be a 26 episode series.

I need more Hei and Yin!
---
ChibiSamuraiTV | My YT Channel | www.youtube.com/user/chibisamuraitv
Oct 10, 2009 4:03 AM

Jul 2009
Hmmm... There is many orthographic errors in russian words... Moreover, there is no way barman would wear an apron with word "to drink" on it. It's meaningless...

But story develops pretty fast. I didn't know that person become a contractor without any obvious reasons. And... wow... I liked the man with accelerating powers... too bad he had to die.
If I could fly...
Oct 10, 2009 4:10 AM

Jan 2009
difenderu said:
I didn't know that person become a contractor without any obvious reasons.

Well isn't that kinda the thing? It happens kinda randomly, for example Shion became one just like that when the meteor struck.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 10, 2009 4:26 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
difenderu said:

Well isn't that kinda the thing? It happens kinda randomly, for example Shion became one just like that when the meteor struck.

Hey Oosran, you think there is a Hell gate in Russia because of the meteor?

Oct 10, 2009 4:31 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
difenderu said:

Uh, for all I know, I don't really think so, I mean those meteors can strike pretty much anywhere, since the phenomenon of having the real sky substituted is worldwide, and not just centered around the gates.
But I suppose that's a valid explanation, although it might be more correct with a new gate appearing there later on, and it wouldn't be a Hell's Gate in particular, since that one was in Tokyo, and Heaven's Gate was in Brazil.. So I wonder what the next gate would be called x)
Oct 10, 2009 4:42 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
difenderu said:

Uh, for all I know, I don't really think so, I mean those meteors can strike pretty much anywhere, since the phenomenon of having the real sky substituted is worldwide, and not just centered around the gates.
But I suppose that's a valid explanation, although it might be more correct with a new gate appearing there later on, and it wouldn't be a Hell's Gate in particular, since that one was in Tokyo, and Heaven's Gate was in Brazil.. So I wonder what the next gate would be called x)

Well said. I wonder too. How about Middle gate?

Oct 10, 2009 4:52 AM

Feb 2009
freaking loved it!
Oct 10, 2009 5:03 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
difenderu said:

Sounds too cliché xD
Gemini's Gate, awesome name, huh?: D Although we most likely won't get to see something like that, since I highly doubt it x)
Oct 10, 2009 5:36 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
difenderu said:

Sounds too cliché xD
Gemini's Gate, awesome name, huh?: D Although we most likely won't get to see something like that, since I highly doubt it x)

Twins Gate then! No! Apocaliptic Gate! Yeah?

Oct 10, 2009 5:44 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
difenderu said:

Sounds too cliché xD

Twins Gate then! No! Apocaliptic Gate! Yeah?

Apocalyptic Gate also sounds reaaaally cliché xD (Oh well, so do Heaven's/Hell's Gate)
Oct 10, 2009 5:48 AM
Sep 2009
NEED MORE DAMNIT. RAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Oct 10, 2009 5:49 AM

Jan 2009
spcogg said:
NEED MORE DAMNIT. RAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Idd, a week is pretty long when you're waiting for something : (
Oct 10, 2009 6:04 AM
Sep 2009
I know right. this is so sad...:(

my life depends on this, and to think that there's only going to be 12 eps...damn animators want us to watch each episode twice or something D:
Oct 10, 2009 6:18 AM

Oct 2009
spcogg said:

my life depends on this, and to think that there's only going to be 12 eps...damn animators want us to watch each episode twice or something D:

You forgot the other 4.

Oct 10, 2009 6:23 AM
Sep 2009
stop reminding me and let me wallow in my misery and self pity okay.

And which 40 idiots voted 1 or 2 or 3 or 4?
Oct 10, 2009 6:27 AM

Oct 2009
spcogg said:
stop reminding me and let me wallow in my misery and self pity okay.

And which 40 idiots voted 1 or 2 or 3 or 4?

I don't know but I feel bad too you know. I just watched this series recently and now want to find time to rewatch it but have other animes I want to see that I did not see. I share your misery anyways. Maybe rewatching might be good for you?
Maybe a game might come out of this?

Oct 10, 2009 6:47 AM
Aug 2009
They killed the cat, what now with the mockery? Still very promising.
Oct 10, 2009 7:26 AM

Jun 2008
Deadpool135 said:
Antanaru said:
I have only few words to say. What the hell is this shit?! Another total disappointment?
Ditto.
Seriously, what in the hell was that? Let's just hope the following episodes don't follow suit and revert back to the style of season one. We are clearly in the minority though.

I, for one, was not expecting this drastic of a change. The more I dwell on this first episode, the more concerned I become about this new season. That classic "Darker than Black" feel is completely gone -- one major cause being the change in settings. Additionally, the new animation seems like a major downgrade when compared to season one. And also, the loss of Yoko Kanno's excellence is apparent, I can't see the music being very impressive this time around judging from what I've heard thus far (strange that they couldn't get Yoko Kanno this time around). And just an odd thing that I noticed throughout this entire episode: Nearly all of the scenes were extremely zoomed in (compared to the first season that is). I really enjoyed the "openness" of the first season, I am not liking this one bit.

This just doesn't feel like Darker than Black... The director is certainly talented, and presented the given material very well, but this type of show just isn't up my alley. Maybe I'm judging it too quickly though...But I really do want to see this new season succeed.
How is the animation a downgrade? It's five times better.
Oct 10, 2009 7:27 AM

Jun 2008
spcogg said:

With twelve episodes they can keep animation at top notch more easily, I believe. And it shows.
Oct 10, 2009 8:48 AM

Dec 2007
Amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing, and again, amazing!

I was kind of sad for the speed guy (he was kinda cool), but aside from that, an amazing episode for one of my top 5 animes.
Reality...
is what we make it to be.

Oct 10, 2009 8:54 AM
Feb 2009
pretty impressing especially how april defeat that speedo guy. what i like about this series is it make sense and creative.
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 10, 2009 10:03 AM

Mar 2008
OMG and that was a first ep?
Damn, this first episode was better than whole series this season.
I'm SO looking forward to next week.
And Hei with long hair...? Dude. NO. Please, cut your hair, Hei. Please. But still, he was, he is and he will always be badass. Damn yes!
Tell me how it feels, breaking down the old walls.

Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

» Darker Than Black Season 3? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ownsin - Dec 6, 2009

208 by Sasora »»
Aug 31, 2023 2:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.