Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2014 4:30 PM

Jan 2013
New OP..He really really likes his sister..ackward.
Jul 5, 2014 4:32 PM

Apr 2012
Well Monolith Code match looks promising. Looks like it won't be a one sided match. New OP/ED is meh.

Jul 5, 2014 4:33 PM

Jan 2013
Loved seeing Tatsuya's "But I'm Just a Lil Old Weed" excuse get stomped flat. At this point, he is fooling no one. The whole Weed/Bloom dynamic was really convenient for him: it felt like any time anyone wanted him to step out of the shadows and do something, he'd bring up the pride of the Blooms, and the lack of precedent for a Weed to do anything at all, and people would get uncomfortable and some sort of compromise would be reached.

Juumonji was all "fuck that noise, you don't have the right to refuse, use your goddamn super powers and win us this tournament." I'm looking forward to seeing the battle of two teams, each packing ringers--though it seems fairly obvious that First is going to take 1st.
Jul 5, 2014 5:07 PM

Mar 2014
Finally! I was hoping Tatsuya would join the competition. Looks like his identity has been discovered also...
Jul 5, 2014 5:08 PM
Dec 2012
Jirachier said:
The episode was average, the new opening song is really good too especially since we get to see some action scenes of what to come, but of course they had to ruin it with Miyuki scenes trying to hold hands with her brothers and making them look like lovers which they're not, seriously can't they just stop this, it wasn't funny from the start.
The arc overall is quite underwhelming, when reading the LN the events felt longer and there was more tension to them, now they just spend the time talking and the battles end in a flash. They even removed the tension from the accident that happened, they should've shown the event WHILE it was happening and then show us Battering Ram crushing the students, rather than just telling Tatsuya about it later on.
Also I just checked and it seems we're at around 45% of volume 4, which bothers me since I don't think 2 more episodes will be enough to end this volume, they'll probably end it at 3 more eps which makes it less likely to get volume 8 too which is a much better ending for the season than volume 7.

You realize why the novel felt longer right? Because it WAS longer. The anime has to cut things to even make the adaption fit within 26 episodes. IF they included volume 8, they would have to cut EVEN MORE stuff and you would get EVEN LESS tension. TBH I wish they prolonged miyuki vs shizuku, but they would have to cut other scenes to make time.
Jul 5, 2014 5:21 PM
Feb 2014
Finally...... Monolith Code (>.<)..

Oh yes, Mech + Chainsaws....

My life is complete.
I spent my time here nowadays: [url=forums.spacebattles.com]Spacebattles Forums[/url]

Its been a while since I came to MAL. Ignore my old posts please, they were dumb.
Jul 5, 2014 5:25 PM

Nov 2012
Noooooo, I wanted Shizuku to win. IMO Shizuku has been the best female character on this last episodes.

Anyway, hopefully next episode Tatsuya will finally fight those two guys.
Jul 5, 2014 5:28 PM
Oct 2012
The good this episode: Tatsuya staring down the two crimison boys, in particular when Miyuki walks past them and Misaki turns back to Tatsuya and does a double take at Tatsuya's absolutely blank face. Second episode in a row where they finally used Tatsuya' peculiarity properly.

Second good scene: Shizuku after being obliterated by Miyuki. Nice emotion there between the two girls.

Question: was Inferno and Nilfheim mentioned at all before Miyuki deployed them? I recall posters here mentioning them, but not the animation (though this could be my memory). If not they really should have been.

The annoying: the "mirage bat" game where they dressed like fairies and waved magic wands. I guess it was this worlds equivalent of rhythmic gymnastics, but the way it was animated really made it look stupid.

This was also the second decent episode in a row, I don't know, but I am guessing someone different is scripting these episodes, the quality has improved.
Jul 5, 2014 5:31 PM

Apr 2013
OMG THAT WAS SO SICK!

I can't wait for more

Jul 5, 2014 5:46 PM

Aug 2013
ow new opening and ending
Miyuki always destroying opponents, even her friends, seems to be following in the footsteps of his brother
moreover, Tatsuya is not very good, his secret identity may have been discovered by Azusa, and was even invited to join Monolith Code, this in the face that are forcing things for him to attend
now yes the bow will be very interesting, I hope the animation presents a great battle
Jul 5, 2014 6:12 PM

Jul 2012
My boy Tatsuya is about to go in next episode I cannot wait!

Great episode!!!
Jul 5, 2014 6:18 PM

Feb 2014
New OP and ED. This is my main reason for today's episode. I am not a fan of the Tatsuya-Miyuki scenes in the OP and ED. Especially the OP. It makes things a bit more uncomfortable. But I really like the music. GARNiDELiA was a wise choice. Overall, I prefer Rising Hope for video, but grilletto for music and Mirror for video and music.

I think this episode made the series a bit better. The Pillar Break match had better action than the previous match, but it was a bit brutal for Shizuku. And Mirage Bat was a bit interesting. Although I feel bad for Tatsuya that he is being force to do Monolith Code. It's like using his talents to their advantage. The winning the competition and taking the honor home advantage.

Monolith Code will be the one I'm really looking forward for. Hope this is good next week.
nanoflowerJul 5, 2014 6:22 PM
Jul 5, 2014 6:31 PM
Jan 2010
How was Morisaki stomped this episode?

Poor guy, can't seem to make any progress himself.
Jul 5, 2014 6:35 PM

Feb 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
The good this episode: Tatsuya staring down the two crimison boys, in particular when Miyuki walks past them and Misaki turns back to Tatsuya and does a double take at Tatsuya's absolutely blank face. Second episode in a row where they finally used Tatsuya' peculiarity properly.

Second good scene: Shizuku after being obliterated by Miyuki. Nice emotion there between the two girls.

Question: was Inferno and Nilfheim mentioned at all before Miyuki deployed them? I recall posters here mentioning them, but not the animation (though this could be my memory). If not they really should have been.

The annoying: the "mirage bat" game where they dressed like fairies and waved magic wands. I guess it was this worlds equivalent of rhythmic gymnastics, but the way it was animated really made it look stupid.

This was also the second decent episode in a row, I don't know, but I am guessing someone different is scripting these episodes, the quality has improved.

I believe Nilfheihm was explained during that lame terrorist arc when Miyuki using it.

I wonder if Inferno get explained or not, i forget it. But LN has it.

Well, isn't Mirage Bat fit with Miyuki's beauty??? She just like Mirage Bat XD

Well, now Tatsuya get his ass into the competition. CAN HE WIN THE GAME??? can't wait to see it. XD

On the other hands, Shizuku... You just unlucky. You just met the head chief of onii-sama cult. Curb stomped, ugh.....

It's decent episode, at least the plot moving by a bit. (This volume too big to begin with, even with cutting scene that much, it still not reach 50% of this volume).
Jul 5, 2014 7:10 PM

Aug 2013
Oh just 4 pages for this? Surprisingly no flaming, "this is shit!" and hardcore defending too. Migrated to SAO II thread maybe? This is refreshing :D

Intimidation attempt failed. Try harder Third High. And now Tatsuya's going to compete. Can't wait for their match.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 5, 2014 7:29 PM

Mar 2009
Toaki90 said:
Up to this episode, is it still series of lectures about how magic works?

Pretty much, yeah, with a a few of the games mixed in. But hey, at least we're finally getting combat in the next episode.
Jul 5, 2014 7:44 PM

Sep 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
So, what is the point of the competition again except dressing up waifus and showing that Tatsuya's dic- er CAD is the greatest?
Nothing.

So yeah, is it just me or does this show get more boring and boring with each passing episode? I mean who seriously gives a flying fuck about these school compititions anymore? How long have they been going? For 7 episodes? What's their point anyways? The new OP and ED suck as well. I actually unironically loved the first half's OP and ED but these new ones are just boring.

If I would drop shows this'd be the point. It's Samurai Champloo all over again.
Time is money, but money won't turn back the clock.
Jul 5, 2014 7:51 PM

Jan 2008
New OP and ED, Woo!

Really exited for next episode. They built up quite the suspension with the two guys from Third High practically declaring war, and selecting Tatsuya to be a boss again.

It's only a matter of time until Tatsuya's Taurus Silver identity is confirmed by Azusa.

Knight_Artorias said:
If I would drop shows this'd be the point. It's Samurai Champloo all over again.

Well, suit yourself.
Jul 5, 2014 8:20 PM
Oct 2010
"Firstly, I'd like to ask you two questions" proceeds to ask 3... lol

I also don't know how that girl with the annoying voice took so long to start suspecting tatsuya.. like really?
Jul 5, 2014 8:32 PM

Apr 2013
Great Episode, Lots of Suspense!!

Jealousy from Course 1 students tho
Jul 5, 2014 8:34 PM

Oct 2013
skudoops said:

I also don't know how that girl with the annoying voice took so long to start suspecting tatsuya.. like really?

To be quite fair, what are the chances that the mysterious, indeed, mythical Taurus Silver (at least, one half of him) would be in high school? University would make a lot more sense, and even that is a stretch, I can't fault her for taking this long to make a connection.

What I'm wondering is, had those students not said "It's like we're going up against Taurus Silver himself out there", would she still have been able to make the connection? Because all the evidence she has is substantial at best, and it's not like she can directly go up to him and ask him
Jul 5, 2014 8:45 PM

Jun 2014
Shizuku got rekt XD poor girl
now its time for tatsuya to rekt
Jul 5, 2014 8:45 PM

Aug 2013
The first thing I thought when this episode started was "WHERE THE FUCK IS MY RISING HOPE?!?" ...but then I could immediately tell that the new OP was by Garnidelia so that made it ok (not nearly as good as their OP for Kill la Kill, but still good).

I've been waiting for them to ask Tatsuya to be in the competition since this arc started, not surprised it finally happened. I was surprised he was so defiant about it though. Can't wait to see him kick serious ass.

Judging from that new OP video, Tatsuya dons some sick as hell batman ninja suit and Miki gets longer hair in a ponytail. Looking forward to that.
Jul 5, 2014 8:53 PM
Oct 2010
millie10468 said:
skudoops said:

To be quite fair, what are the chances that the mysterious, indeed, mythical Taurus Silver (at least, one half of him) would be in high school? University would make a lot more sense, and even that is a stretch, I can't fault her for taking this long to make a connection.

What I'm wondering is, had those students not said "It's like we're going up against Taurus Silver himself out there", would she still have been able to make the connection? Because all the evidence she has is substantial at best, and it's not like she can directly go up to him and ask him

Well I could understand that the suspicion of being taurus is at best a stretch from her POV, but she had to suspect that he was someone of note considering the magic sequences he knew. I did also like the fact that someone stood up to tatsuya for once, with all the girls just going along with him finally someone showed some backbone!!
Jul 5, 2014 9:12 PM

Oct 2013
skudoops said:
millie10468 said:

Well I could understand that the suspicion of being taurus is at best a stretch from her POV, but she had to suspect that he was someone of note considering the magic sequences he knew. I did also like the fact that someone stood up to tatsuya for once, with all the girls just going along with him finally someone showed some backbone!!

Juumonji commands that kind of charismatic presence. He probably reminds Tatsuya of his commanding officer
Jul 5, 2014 9:16 PM

Sep 2013
Good op and ed :)
That Honoka and poor Shizuku :( she stood no chance.

Tatsuya looking extra good looking this episode XD

Our Tatsuya,
Who art in First High,
Thy omnipotence come,
Thy engineering be done,
On Earth as it is in First High.
Give us this day our daily aid,
And forgive that we doubted you,
As you were only Course Two.
And lead us not from dependence,
But deliver us by your assistance.
For thine is First High, the Power, and the Glory.
Of Tatusya, Son of Yotsuba, and Taurus Silver.
Amen.

http://www.reddit.com/r/OneTrueTatsuya
Jul 5, 2014 10:08 PM
Jan 2011
Looks like things are getting intense.
Jul 5, 2014 10:34 PM

Jul 2013
I wanna see Suzaku defeated
Jul 5, 2014 11:10 PM

Jun 2012
Looking forward to that Monolith Code competition, Tatsuya is gonna wrrrreeck them all. New OP and ED. Well new OP is okay, Rising hope was way better though, and the ED is okay as well, but either of the ED are "skippable".
Jul 5, 2014 11:13 PM

May 2013
I was expecting Tatsuya to be invited to join. I mean he really is good at everything he does.
Jul 5, 2014 11:19 PM

Jun 2013
Honoka-chan using that illusion magic to make shadows was pretty cleaver and her "Magical Girl" outfit later in the episode was sweet too.
The next episode is Shiba squaring off with his fellow underdog friends against SuzakuMasaki? Sweet. And why are all these kids so gifted at the age of 13?

Am I the only one who screamed in his head "OMG ITS METAL GEAR" when we saw this in the new opening?
Jul 6, 2014 12:45 AM

Aug 2013
i knew they were going to ask Tatsuya to help with the guys tournament. It took them longer then expected too but it's fine(: I love Tatsuya's attitude like ugh~ I bet this event will be related to the Aunt situation again, or maybe they'll warn him like" Do you know how dangerous that was?! You could've exposed your real identity."

THE OP&ED STRESSED EVEN MORE IMPORTANCE ABOUT INCEST BETWEEN THE TWO SIBLINGS...ew.. I ship Tatsuya with anyone else but Miyuki.
Jul 6, 2014 12:54 AM

Aug 2013
millie10468 said:
Shaniyaz said:

Juumonji pressed Tatsuya to participate as a substitute in the Monolith Code. I believe none other than him could persuade Tatsuya.(^^)

Tatsuya seems so weak when it comes to Juumonji. If it was anyone else, I'd think he was intimidated by him but it's Tatsuya so it can't be. I have no doubt it's due to the match-up compatibility of their magics.

Not sure if it was mentioned in the Anime, but it's been said by Tatsuya that his and Juumonji's Magics match too well. If they were to use their abilities against each other it'd turn into a battle of attrition and neither side would come out of it unscathed. Hence to someone used to being OP, Juumonji makes Tatsuya feel uncomfortable. Also the reason Tatsuya looked so shocked in this episode was because Juumonji prevented Tatsuya from weedling out of responsibility, not with Logic, but with cold hard authority. Tatsuya hates it when he's forced to do things for no logical reason or benefit for himself and Miyuki.[/quote]

I liked how you mention about the tensity around Juumonji and Tatsuya cause I was thinking the exact same thing. It did make me feel kind of attentive towards his reasons to oppose because all in all i felt as if the only two reasons to object is one, he might expose leak some information about his Aunt situation, and two he just doesn't want to be the center of attention anymore and be the direct object of hate from the guys.
Jul 6, 2014 1:23 AM

Dec 2012
New Opening and Ending song :D I prefer the first one. while for the ending song I'm leaning towards the new one just a bit more.

I also can't wait to see how this monolithic code thing plays out it seems really cool.
Jul 6, 2014 1:23 AM

Apr 2012
Finally,it's time for Tatsuya to shine.
I honestly tired only seeing girl match.
New Op & Ed it's pretty good.
Jul 6, 2014 1:49 AM

Apr 2009
Sakata_Kintoki said:

Dude, every single scene in this anime so far was about explanations, exposition and other stuff that made it clear that tatsuya is a god and we should all worship him. It always was his time to shine...

And what's with this hate on mecha I see from a few people in this thread?
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 6, 2014 2:03 AM
Jan 2010
Second OP in a nutshell: "sexual frustrations and more enemies for THE GREAT TATSUYA (GROAAAAAN) to pulverize".
Jul 6, 2014 2:05 AM
Aug 2012
Finally the men get their moment to shine.
I'm kinda hoping Tatsuya to lose in some way though..
Jul 6, 2014 3:28 AM

Feb 2014
One of the better episodes. Looking forward to next week, it's gonna be great to see Monolith Code with Tatsuya animated.

Also I hope that Yokohama arc will salvage this series 'cause there's lot of combat so it should be interesting and it's not like they can wreck it that hard like they did with these two arcs.

By the way guys if you worry about INCEST, let me CLARIFY their situation a bit. I put it into a spoiler just in case, but it's nothing groundbreaking. Just what anime left out so many things look weird.

slovak125Jul 6, 2014 3:31 AM
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Jul 6, 2014 3:38 AM

May 2013
They went a full incest mode in the new OP and ED. Seems legit.

The way how Masaki looks to Miyuki makes me want to ship that two.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 6, 2014 3:53 AM

Dec 2010
Great episode, I'm totally into the anime at this point(well, it took some time) as well as into the Nine Schools Competition, can't wait for the next episode(I need that PV!).

Felt really bad for Shizuku, she was outmached by so far. It seems like it doesn't matter if you're a Bloom or not, the gaps in tallent are always overwhelming unless you're in the tops. It's good that she has such a great friend as Honoka.

Yeah, Rising Hope was much better.
Jul 6, 2014 4:59 AM

Jul 2013
So he's finally going to participate, and suspisions regarding his identity as taurus silver are finally appearing huh? This is getting really interesting.

Now if my memory serves me right, Tatsuya was forbidden from using all kinds of spells because of some military secrecy or something right? I'm getting the feeling that against that combi from the third high school he'll get forced into a situation in which it'll be difficult not to use them...
and guess what? I gotta wait a whole week for the next episode :P

I preferred the first opening and ending
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jul 6, 2014 5:09 AM

Jul 2010
In this show when someone has a problem of their own they just turn to Tatsuya who resolves it. It's almost like they can't resolve it on their own, I think it's a pretty serious matter because this limits their potential to improve as characters.
Do you know what Mahouka reminds me? Detective shows.

THAT said, I hope that at least the match between the "Prince Crimson" and "Gary Stu" will be satisfying.

Nidhoeggr said:
Sakata_Kintoki said:

Dude, every single scene in this anime so far was about explanations, exposition and other stuff that made it clear that tatsuya is a god and we should all worship him. It always was his time to shine...

Lol, pretty much this.
Jul 6, 2014 5:43 AM

Mar 2010
Akanezora said:
In this show when someone has a problem of their own they just turn to Tatsuya who resolves it. It's almost like they can't resolve it on their own, I think it's a pretty serious matter because this limits their potential to improve as characters.

^This
It's like the guy part of team aren't capable of anything (have they even won anything?) and the girls are only achieving victories because MC is rubbing their CADs all over his balls to infect them with his Gary Stu'ness

About the next episode: place your bets on how long do you think the action will last in that Monolith Code event? My bet is 3 minutes (and I'm being generous)
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Jul 6, 2014 5:53 AM

Jul 2013
well the new op and ed were nice (the opening was actually reeeally nice)
i hope shiba kicks ass in the competition
also, kinda curious on what is azusa going to do, now that she suspects shiba is taurus silver
Jul 6, 2014 6:00 AM
Feb 2014
Is it just me or did Erika's hair grew longer in the OP?
5 Centimeters Per Second - Or what I'd like to call as 5 Anime Wallpapers Per Second.
Jul 6, 2014 6:22 AM
May 2014
I liked the first OP more, but new ED is better imo.
I hope we will see more action in next episodes compared to previous episodes.
Jul 6, 2014 6:30 AM

Oct 2013
Yeah. This episode is better. I like this new ED.
Jul 6, 2014 7:28 AM

Dec 2011
Ohoo, the enemies even wanted to meet Tatsuya to tell him that they recognize his skills as the best in this competition.

Tatsuya sure is a master strategist lol.

So Shizuku really wants to go all out against Miyuki in the competition huh.

Damn Shizuku lost big time to OP Miyuki...

Good thing she her best friend to comfort her T.T

Lol, the Crimson Prince sure is a scary guy... at the age of thirteen killing people... and the little genius guy... damn...

Ohooo, cute costumes on cute girls :3

Hmm, seems like Azusa realized that Tatsuya is Taurus Silver.

Tatsuya to compete in Monolith Code?!?! :O

Freaking hell, Tatsuya is annoying when he keeps refusing...

So Tatsuya-Leon-Mikihiko will form their Monolith Code team it seems!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 6, 2014 7:50 AM
Apr 2012
14 excellent episodes in a row, gonna be 26 by the time it ends!

The Crimson Prince is a beast (that massacre at 13) and Cardinal George is a genius, such a deadly pairing. Get some Mirage Bat (finally) and still love it despite knowing next to nothing about it. The Shizuku and Honoka moment was sweet. Tatsuya in Monolith Code, oh my god yes! 5/5
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

» Question for LN readers

Artorias94 - Feb 19

4 by StarZone1 »»
Feb 20, 4:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.