Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2014 3:46 AM

Feb 2010
SO. MUCH. YES.

The transformation scenes reminds me of the One Piece games I have on the 3DS, so if any of ya'll played em (Romance Dawn/Unlimited World Red) the CGI is like that. Damn Toei lol
Her arms and body stretched out waaay to long.

BUT IT WAS GREAT nevertheless
i'm glad it's back but I got to get use to the new style, they all look so shoujo and slender *u*

Chiba Mamoru = 100x hotter
Jul 5, 2014 3:47 AM

Jul 2011
Amrai said:
You can already tell a lot of the changes already. I like how the character style is similar to the manga. That's great. The first episode and it's pretty serious already or at least more so then the original anime at certain points. Although I hope they do throw in some funny moments. It had flaws sure but it wasn't bad for a first episode.

yup! sure is! since its geared towards its original fans, who are 23+! say MOI! :D

the art is totally winning me over, although I was already loving it because you know, its sailor moon! lol.

R0LAN said:
SO. MUCH. YES.

Most definitely! hopefully he is not as a big jerk as originally! So far so hot! I mean so far so good!
Jul 5, 2014 3:49 AM

Dec 2009
I feel so disappointed!! I've been excited about this remake since I read the announcement. There were a lot more that I didn't like compared to what I did.

The transformation sequence was ugly and just made me cringe. The backgrounds were bland and boring. Usagi's and Luna's introduction was boring as hell. And some of the voices just suck.

I did like Usagi's and Mamoru's introduction their instant attraction was cute, though I do kind of miss the original anime's humor. I can however appreciate how they aren't so freaking clueless this time! lol I did enjoy the Opening and Ending tracks, but not in love with them, though I do really like the ending's animation made me feel very nostalgic.

So far this remake has started off as very . . . bland. Hope it picks up or otherwise there isn't any point of doing this remake if it isn't going to surpass the original anime. Matching the manga is fine, but the anime needs to have some type of voice of its' own.

Jul 5, 2014 3:50 AM

Aug 2013
As someone who is entirely new to Sailor Moon, as I have never seen the original series, nor read the original manga, I thought it was pretty good. Didn't really like the CGI transformation scene, though.
wow gay
Jul 5, 2014 3:51 AM
Mar 2013
MoonxArtemis said:
that's strange, I wonder why the first post and mine was deleted...your comment was after mine..unless you reported it, so you could be first, like you are...in all the anime episode discussions...do you always do this?
I'm not sure what happened to the other episode discussion thread but I remember reading your post. You included a picture of Serena holding Luna <3 Speaking of Luna, she looks amazing. The animation has definitely brought Sailor Moon to the modern era.

R0LAN said:
SO. MUCH. YES.
They seriously did everything right with Darien/Mamoru and Tuxedo Mask. I agree he looks so awesome here <3
Jul 5, 2014 3:52 AM

Jul 2011
Emerald!! :D so lovely to see a familiar Sailor Moon fan face! lol or username!

emeraldrosary said:
MoonxArtemis said:
that's strange, I wonder why the first post and mine was deleted...your comment was after mine..unless you reported it, so you could be first, like you are...in all the anime episode discussions...do you always do this?
I'm not sure what happened to the other episode discussion thread but I remember reading your post. You included a picture of Serena holding Luna <3 Speaking of Luna, she looks amazing. The animation has definitely brought Sailor Moon to the modern era.

R0LAN said:
SO. MUCH. YES.
They seriously did everything right with Darien/Mamoru and Tuxedo Mask. I agree he looks so awesome here <3

Anyways ikr! I love his "matureness" and everything else!

Anyways here's the pic!
MoonXArtemisJul 5, 2014 3:56 AM
Jul 5, 2014 3:53 AM

Dec 2010
Before anyone says it's rushed, the manga is really fast paced so.
Jul 5, 2014 3:55 AM

Aug 2011
amare135 said:

Yes, I thought the same.
Jul 5, 2014 3:57 AM

Jul 2011
amare135 said:

and also there is 26 eps instead of 46, so that's another reason. But i'm alright with that! I feel like the original anime took too long to get to the point...but hey, i cannot complain! lol
Jul 5, 2014 4:01 AM

Jan 2012
Noooo there must like 1000 episodes of Sailor Moon at least!!!
Jul 5, 2014 4:02 AM

Aug 2011
Normally when you want something as a kid then as an adult you get you nostalgia goggles roped from your face and crushed, but Tue original held up and so did this episode. It felt like I was 6 again and watching Sailor Moon for the first time again.

There's nothing I can dislike about the episode, from her voice actor to her funny hair to her horrible body proportions she was all Sailor Moon, the heroine I grew up loving. I only hope that rest of it will be as amazing as this one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2014 4:04 AM

Jun 2009
I thought it was a pretty decent intro to the series, other than the awful CGI transformation. Also Moon Tiara Magic > Moon Tiara Boomerang, why the name change? I hope that in the English dub they use Magic instead of Boomerang. Anyway, best parts of the anime = Mamoru. I'm hopefully they nail Usagi/Mamoru - the flashbacks were romantic, and the first meeting between them was great too. I'm looking forward to the inners being introduced though because even though I like Usagi, I tend to find her boring...
obviouslygeekyJul 5, 2014 7:31 AM
Jul 5, 2014 4:05 AM

Jan 2009
Loved it, loved it, loved it!
I wasn't expecting to have so many emotions!

I barely watched the original anime, but I loved to read the manga when I was a kid. So this was just such a stellar blast from the past. (Even with the funky CGI)
Jul 5, 2014 4:08 AM

Jan 2009
for the manga readers how many chapters they animated on this episode?

and not bad for a first episode i cannot wait to see how Sailor Soldiers are far better fighters than Dragonball fighters lol like i hear that Sailor Soldiers can travel an entire galaxy in just seconds and that Sailor Soldiers can destroy planets as well
Jul 5, 2014 4:08 AM

Nov 2012
j0x said:

the first chapter
Jul 5, 2014 4:10 AM

Nov 2011
wooa..my childhood anime is back. The opening is great love it.

Jul 5, 2014 4:10 AM

Jan 2009
silverwalls said:
j0x said:

the first chapter

so its gonna be 1 chapter per episode then huh, i guess 26 episodes is not enough and we gonna see some second season for this
Jul 5, 2014 4:11 AM

May 2010
Good old memories.

It was 10x better than what I imagined it to be. I thought it would be very bland from the PV, considering everyone's facial expression but now that I watched it, it is very close to the original, much like an improved version of it.

I missed Usagi's voice, her VA sounds as young as ever. The OP has cool music just like the original one, I love it. Animation is very cool.

Mamoru looks cool. I like Luna's new voice.

I heard it is following the manga so means it will be much better and filler-free adaptation. Expecting great things from it.

9/10
Jul 5, 2014 4:13 AM

Jul 2011
TragicRomance said:
Good old memories.

It was 10x better than what I imagined it to be. I thought it would be very bland from the PV, considering everyone's facial expression but now that I watched it, it is very close to the original, much like an improved version of it.

I missed Usagi's voice, her VA sounds as young as ever. The OP has cool music just like the original one, I love it. Animation is very cool.

Mamoru looks cool. I like Luna's new voice.

I heard it is following the manga so means it will be much better and filler-free adaptation. Expecting great things from it.

9/10

exactly my thoughts, only i could not have said it better! I missed her voice too! although not as much because I've been rewatching the original recently!
Mar 2013
MoonxArtemis said:
Emerald!! :D so lovely to see a familiar Sailor Moon fan face! lol or username!
This is why I changed my avatar one week in advance. It looks like the change still hasn't appeared though. Sigh. MAL and it's infamous avatar lag >_>

phoenixabides said:
I thought it was a pretty decent intro to the series, other than the awful CGI transformation. Also Moon Tiara Magic > Moon Tiara Boomerang, why the name change? I hope that in the English dub they use Magic instead or Boomerang. Anyway, best parts of the anime = Mamoru. I'm hopefully they nail Usagi/Mamoru - the flashbacks were romantic, and the first meeting between them was great too. I'm looking forward to the inners being introduced though because even though I like Usagi, I tend to find her boring...
I noticed that too.

Serena/Usagi: Moon Tiara Boomerang
Me: Moon Tiara Magiii-eh?

That little change really totally threw me off ^_^

I'm happy that a lot of people like Darien. I'm not alone! It's true Serena is a bit boring in the beginning, but she truly shines when she is in the company of others. On that note, I cannot wait for her to meet Ami, Rei, Lida, and Mina!

Sep 2008
Oh, I have so many mixed feelings towards this...

Love that anime really follow manga :D
Love how characters looks simillar in manga :D
Love OP&ED, titles pictures and eyecatches :)

I feel SH vibes from OP *.*
Especially 2:56-3:05 and 3:41-4:16 *.*
Really good job Heika *.*

I love attack scenes in OP *.*

But this was strange with seiyuu...
Is looks like Usagi doesn't fit to this story,
all these new seiyuu...
I still have in my mind that old cast...
and heard newly seiyuus and that new Mamoru... -.-
Feel so strange...
Maybe I will get used to them...

I don't like transformation animation, too much cgi... -.-
old one was better xD

And they added new pose to her "I am... The Pretty Guardian..."
or maybe this was just for this first episode...

But I must said when I heard that "Moon Prism Power..."
and Usagi wasn't show up I have in my mind that old Usagi...
and that old scene...

Anyway... this was good episode :)
I think I just need to get use to changes xD

Next episode - Ami!
Can't wait! She is one of these Sailor Senshi which I like the most! <3

Nov 2012
j0x said:
silverwalls said:

the first chapter

so its gonna be 1 chapter per episode then huh, i guess 26 episodes is not enough and we gonna see some second season for this

the dark kingdom arc covers 26 chapters, so i think it will be 1 chapter per episode.
i hope for a season 2 too, i want to see my favorite senshi in the new anime ;_;
Jul 5, 2014 4:15 AM

May 2010
[quote=silverwalls]
j0x said:
silverwalls said:

the first chapter

the dark kingdom arc covers 26 chapters, so i think it will be 1 chapter per episode.
i hope for a season 2 too, i want to see my favorite senshi in the new anime ;_;[/quot

Who is your fav?
Jul 5, 2014 4:16 AM

Jan 2010
KaidaHime said:
Normally when you want something as a kid then as an adult you get you nostalgia goggles roped from your face and crushed, but Tue original held up and so did this episode. It felt like I was 6 again and watching Sailor Moon for the first time again.

There's nothing I can dislike about the episode, from her voice actor to her funny hair to her horrible body proportions she was all Sailor Moon, the heroine I grew up loving. I only hope that rest of it will be as amazing as this one.

That is pretty much what i was going to say.
Jul 5, 2014 4:17 AM

Nov 2012
TragicRomance said:

Who is your fav?

pluto :>
Jul 5, 2014 4:18 AM
Jun 2009
silverwalls said:
oh and the best inner senshi is coming next episode. c: can't wait!!!

You mean Rei Hino? Awesome!!
Jul 5, 2014 4:18 AM

Apr 2014
It wasn't bad... but it wasn't that good either. If Usagi's transformation looks like that, I guess the other Sailor Senshi's will have the same quality ones... Well, I don't judge anime by the 1st ep, so I'll give it a try.
Jul 5, 2014 4:19 AM

May 2010
silverwalls said:
TragicRomance said:

Who is your fav?

pluto :>

I see, she has this mature aura around her. Btw my favs. are Sailor Venus and Sailor Mars. Also, Sailor Saturn.
Jul 5, 2014 4:22 AM

Oct 2012
I don't know how anyone could have much of a differing opinion since it was basically exactly the same as the original first episode.
Dissing the new animation or the cgi feels like the same debate as video game graphics or movie effects etc, who care as long as it tells a good story ?
Jul 5, 2014 4:26 AM

Sep 2008
R0LAN said:

and more nicer xD
Jul 5, 2014 4:27 AM
Jul 2018
Hmm... I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say here... Haven't seen the older version but I guess this was so so...
Jul 5, 2014 4:27 AM

Jul 2011
emeraldrosary said:

I'm happy that a lot of people like Darien. I'm not alone! It's true Serena is a bit boring in the beginning, but she truly shines when she is in the company of others. On that note, I cannot wait for her to meet Ami, Rei, Lida, and Mina!

haha i saw it change actually, from ur first post to your second it changed! anyways Im loving the representation of princes serenity!

Yeah i was like boomerang, wasn' t it moon tiara action? Anyways i love the new way she throws it, it converts automatically when she touches it! and it doesn't convert to a frisbee haha.
Jul 5, 2014 4:28 AM

Sep 2012
Nostalgia wasn't enough to carry this for me. I didn't care for it at all. We'll see if things get better from here.
Jul 5, 2014 4:28 AM
May 2013
it was good. the CGI transformation could use some revisiting in 2D. the attack animations in 2D were well done.
Jul 5, 2014 4:29 AM

Mar 2012
comment deleted, eh?

Bisky chama is that you?

It was pretty enjoyable. Liked the visuals and the mood overall. Did not like Usagi voice at first but as minutes passed it became funny. An, lets keep watching.

Dunno why they did not introduce that otaku boy the same way as the others. Without sparkles and others effects that shoujo like to add. Was there any reason?
huntxJul 5, 2014 4:35 AM
Jul 5, 2014 4:34 AM

Jan 2011
One word: Amazing! Got flooded by so many childhood memos :D
I've watched it on Crunchyroll. Counted down (till 12 O'Clock here in Poland) and my first reaction was "Were the hell are my subs! O .o" but then it started. Although I missed Moonlight Densetsu a bit, but the new Opening still was really, really great. Very good job Momoiro Clover Z. The Art looks really great and the OST's were good too. A few sentences of the characters and materials (like the Goggles) from the Manga were missing, but it's nothing bad and is still very close to the Manga compared to the 90' Anime :) As for the CGI transformation I understand, that so many people are disappointed, but as for me it wasn't utterly ugly, albeit like I wrote in another post already, some elements, like the spaghetti arms and legs or the overgrown ribbon on her chest could be done much better by Toei ;F The funny parts and expressions were on a more mature stage compared to the old Anime. I must say, I missed the ol' funny parts, like the Sailor V Kick in the door, that was more hilarious back then. Still it was amusing. I'm looking forward to the next episode :D

P.S: No episode 2 preview at the end, or did I miss it somehow :o ?

Jul 5, 2014 4:35 AM

Jul 2013
Enjoyable enough for a first episode
Jul 5, 2014 4:35 AM

Jul 2011
emeraldrosary said:

The ED was very pretty. I wonder where Moonlight Densetsu is though? The producers better include it somewhere or else in the name of the Moon I shall punish them. !

I just saw this! haha i kr!! that is like totally the best ED ever! i hope they include the princess serenity tune too, the one from the locket!
Jul 5, 2014 4:37 AM

Oct 2008
So far so good. I have no complaints, but I'm gonna have to get used to Luna's new voice..

Jul 2007
So far VERY closely following the manga. I like that.

They also managed to not over-exaggerate Usagi's personality, since "crybaby and clumsy" are not defining characteristics, but something every teenager is, especially the one who is so apathetic to her life and prefers the dreams of her sleep over it.

5/5

MoonxArtemis said:
emeraldrosary said:

haha i saw it change actually, from ur first post to your second it changed! anyways Im loving the representation of princes serenity!

Yeah i was like boomerang, wasn' t it moon tiara action? Anyways i love the new way she throws it, it converts automatically when she touches it! and it doesn't convert to a frisbee haha.

Nope. IT has always been boomerang. The "moon tiara action" was anime-only invention. Most of the senshi will have differently named attacks and powers than previous anime.

j0x said:

and not bad for a first episode i cannot wait to see how Sailor Soldiers are far better fighters than Dragonball fighters lol like i hear that Sailor Soldiers can travel an entire galaxy in just seconds and that Sailor Soldiers can destroy planets as well

One chapter.

The first story arc, the "Sailor Moon" has total of 13 chapters, followed by
with similar length so
will be done in ~13 episodes or so.

silverwalls said:
j0x said:

i hope for a season 2 too, i want to see my favorite senshi in the new anime ;_;

Incorrect.

Dark Kingdom arc(Sailor Moon moon arc) lasts ~13 chapters and then we get a transition chapter and
, which also lasts for ~13 chapters.

SO the first season, Crystal will cover first two arcs since both of them have something to do with the silver crystal. And then we most likely will get different subtitle for other story arcs

Dec 2010
silverwalls said:
j0x said:

Nope, the dark kingdom arc covers 13 chapters. We'll most likely also get Black Moon this season.
Jul 5, 2014 4:38 AM

Jun 2014
That was really enjoyable, it's nice to see sailor moon back. I'm a bit mixed about the cgi, but the overall animation was really pretty.

I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 5, 2014 4:44 AM

Nov 2011
I loved it. And to be honest I saw the transformation scene before, and the first time i watched it i guess i was a bit disappointed that they chose the 3d animation. BUT I don't dislike it. I saw some gesture detailing (like her fingers) that made me see, in fact, that effort has been put in it to make it look like the old choreography. Also considering that the manga couldn't show "movements" so this was only based on old anime. There's a "convex lens" effect that ppl find annoying.... but I think they HAD to use this simply because her limbs are too long and too thin and without that convex view everything would have looked like STICKS. Overall, I do think they thought about it and this is a good solution out of many possibly bad outcomes. Which I appreciate.

The characters look great, the hairs are all much lighter in color. I guess that's also due to manga, its Takeuchi's pastel hair colors I recognize. They kept some of the human figure style from the old anime, which is not entirely as in the manga. The manga had every limb on kinda too rounded bent. And for example when Naru was cornered by the monster, I recognized a lot of the old style, and less of the manga. I liked that. Also on the first scene with the princess... that was very old style xD

The backgrounds weren't all that great but I think they tried to stick to the old anime as well. The backgrounds there were almost exactly the same, no actual details, just some grungy coloring. I liked it back then, it gave a slight feel of mystery, however that feeling did not come through in the current version. But I clearly saw they were trying to reproduce it.

The music. Well I hate Momoiro Clover thing. I have to say I googled them before when I heard they were to do the opening of SM. And what I found was terrible. The girls have no talent, hearing them live was the most pathetic attempt of sounding at least human. Whatever we hear now is just fake digital effects and stuff. Not to mention their voices tones don't even match one another. It's a terrible experience. And the song is not at all as memorable as the previous one. It lacks the drama and that is not fitting. Because especially the first season of Sailor Moon is a rather sad one, full of painful memories, nostalgia and love... Even the lyrics of Moonlight Densetsu were powerful in meaning and connected to the manga! This current version is not. And I'm guessing it's not sending the right message.
BUT. The rest of the music seems very well done. I know Takanashi kinda uses the same things over and over, smth that applies mmostly to his "lively" songs. I am glad i never watched precure to make me feel like it's a copied tune, cause that's what I hear from the rest of the people. So to me it's pretty unique. It still doesn't sound like Fairy Tail or Naruto and that's great, I feared he would make me remember the shounen anime too much. The chorus was a great option, sends that cosmic feeling that Sailor Moon has. ALSO I see he tried to copy bits of the slice of life tunes when Usagi runs home/to school.... that's very nice. Too bad the riginal composer died. Trully amazing person and genius musician, would have been so so so so so so so awesome to hear him compose again the soundtrack. SO AWESOME. Life is just so cruel and unfair and I wish wherever he is now, if there is anything like god or whatever, I wish he found something deserving of his genius and sense.

The voices. Well I can't complain here, I liked Mamoru's voice, sounded pretty hot. He looked that too. Lol. The only voice I didn't like was Usagi's. The old version or just say the YOUNGER version of her voice (actress) was a lot better. It had those moments when Usagi was turning serious or sad and then it sounded like you wanted to hug her. Such a sweet, delicate, velvety voice.... It sounds nothing like it now. And there WERE moments she could have sounded like that.... but I guess the actress got too old for that. Too bad.

The feeling however is there. The scenes with the princess had it. Definitely. Especially the running sequence. I think it was done right. It evoked a lot of what the princess might have felt about those moments. It connected to me very well and it's the reason why I'll say the director doesn't suck and I'm sure he figured it out.

Being rushed... well. I knew it would be the moment I read that it would follow the manga. The old anime had it's advantage too, like the fact that it made SM not look rushed at all. Also the old anime dug more on the characters' personalities, something that the manga kind of lacks and this might as well look bad in this current version... which is sad.
Anyway, the first episodes to me were never that great, and I mean not even first manga chapters. I just don't really connect to the story when there's just Usagi, without all the other girls. Because it has no slice of life feeling to it, the marginally characters like Umino don't actually make you care about them and it feels like Usagi is kind of lonely and this side of the story is boring. The best bits of cake come when everybody is together and they are presented a bit more like humans with their own dramas....

Anyway, I really am happy they did this, and I am very happy with the way it went! Too bad it's just once every 2 damn weeks...
MorridineJul 5, 2014 4:49 AM
Jul 5, 2014 4:48 AM
Feb 2013
It was definitely better than what I thought it would be from the trailer. Gotta love Usagi-chan! I'm probably in the minority but I actually liked the CG transformation. It's just too bad we gotta wait 2 weeks for the next ep, I wanna see Amy!
Jul 5, 2014 4:49 AM

Jul 2007
Morridine said:

Being rushed... well. I knew it would be the moment I read that it would follow the manga. The old anime had it's advantage too, like the fact that it made SM not look rushed at all. Also the old anime dug more on the characters' personalities, something that the manga kind of lacks and this might as well look bad in this current version... which is sad.

At the cost of making them completely unlike manga counterparts you mean?

Pretty much every senshi was turned into "generic 90's girl stereotype" ignoring differences

Usagi became pretty much entirely different person from her manga counterpart, never learning her lessons(since anime basically took the first chapter personalization and ran with it without exploring WHY she is behaving like that), Rei was pretty much only sharing the name with her manga counterpart and Minako's
wa never even visible in anime. How about turning Mamoru into nothing more than a plot device instead of his relatively far bigger and complex role in the manga?

ANd I am sorry but I don't see any benefits to having ~30 episodes of cartoony clown villain goons appearing one after the other(since yet again the old anime ran with the designs of first few villains, ignoring the fact that manga villains grew more nightmare fuelish over time after the introuctory phase).
AhenshihaelJul 5, 2014 4:54 AM
Jul 5, 2014 4:50 AM

Apr 2013
That was really enjoyable
Old school yet manage to bring a refreshing looks and feels from the old anime.
I really like the episode with the well done animation, wonderful music and Usagi chan is adorable as ever.
Opening and ending are great
Very solid episode
and I think the CG is fine
Jul 5, 2014 4:59 AM
Jan 2008
I saw the poster a while ago, and I had mixed feelings about it. Of course, I remember the old art from the anime, so I have to take my time to get adjusted to the vibrant colours. I don't like how they did the backgrounds too. The backgrounds remind me of how the old Sailor Moon was, while the characters are in the new style. It doesn't feel right, it's not that it's annoying to watch, it's just weird to see different styles in the same screenshot. Also, Usagi always walking around with lipstick is also something I have to get used too. The combination of the lipstick/lipgloss and the current art, makes Usagi look like she would be 17 instead of 14...

As for the voice actors, it's too bad that the whole cast except Tsukino Usagi has changed. I went through the cast list before watching the episode, and I think they will fit the characters though, it just makes Usagi's voice out of place. In the old anime, it was perfect, but in this version, I don't know for sure about her voice. I nearly fell of my chair when I heard that the voice actor for Chiba Mamoru is Nojima Kenji and that Jadeite is voiced by Kisho Daisuke.

I like both the opening and ending song, I didn't watch the episode with subs, so I didn't completely understand what the lyrics mean, but it sounds good. Though, I wonder why they put 3D in the first and last part of the opening. 3D always looks so fake.... Same with the transformation. I wish they would stop adding 3D animation to anime... It just doesn't look right. But maybe that is just me. I haven't been a fan of 3D animation in anime ever since they did that in Kirarin Revolution.

But so far so good. I really like the anime so far. Though there are still things I have to get used to, I will continue to watch the anime. Sailor Moon will always be a part of me
Jul 5, 2014 5:01 AM

Mar 2012
I've never watched Sailor Moon but I have thought about doing so several times and now I'm wondering why I never bothered because it seems like its going to be a pretty decent series. At first I thought Usagi was annoying but as the episode progressed I began to like her. My favourite character is probably Luna.

Both the open and ending songs were good and suited the show. However the CGI scene of all the Sailors at the beginning and end of the opening sequence was pretty bad.

I've heard many things about the infamous transformations scenes and I was looking forward to them but the CGI ruined it however I did like the space patter flowing through Usagi's body during the transformation (don't know if thats been done before but it was a nice touch).

I'll be looking forward to the rest as long as Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask recognise each other and there isn't an 'Ash never recognising Team Rocket in their shitty disguises' situation between the two.
Jul 5, 2014 5:04 AM
Mar 2013
I read the manga and watched all the first anime (and rewatched some months ago) and I just love this reboot. I am pretty sure it will be much better than the original anime, since it is following the manga.

What I love: The new design. Ok, the transformation scene was a crap, but Usagi and Mamoru looks so much better! Mamoru is really handsome, like he should be. I like it and I think Usagi looks cute, instead of too stupid like before.

What I Hate: Sailor moon legs. Holy crap, that girl's legs looks like bigger than my whole body and I am 22. It looks so weird. She looks more like 18 than 14, also.

What I don't really care: Voice actors. I didn't watch the original anime in japanese, so I don't know how it was before. Usagi's voice is a bit annoying, like almost all anime girls (and that is why I prefer mangas, no voice actors :P), but I like Mamoru's voice. Luna's voice is nice, also.

What I expect: No monster of the day, please! Just follow the manga. I can't stand thousands of episodes with stupid monsters again. I am not 6 anymore.

What I will miss: The original soundtrack! I prefer the original songs. I wish they could bring back Moonlight Densetsu with a remake. It is a pretty song and I think it's better than the new opening. I will also miss the transformation song of sailor uranus and neptune if they appear someday. That was the best music of the anime.

I am anxious to see Usagi and Mamoru first kiss. And I want to see Zoisite without being a girl, btw lol

26 episodes... I hope it covers only the dark kingdom, it would be perfect 1 chapter of the manga per episode. But I want so much to see Prince Diamond, Setsuna, Hotaru, Haruka and Michiru... They need to make a season 2!

Also, back to the transformation, I think it could be a 20 seconds transformation and would be better. In the last time I watched the old anime, I was just skipping all the transformations after episode 1 because it was annoying. The same with the moon tiara boomerang and monster of the day fights. I hope they don't show that transformation in all the episodes, just in this one and the first other sailors transformations. That would be nice. If we make some math, each transformation of sailor moon would need 60 seconds. With 26 episodes, this would be 26 minutes, or 1 anime episode. Just too much.
Jul 5, 2014 5:07 AM

Nov 2011
Fai said:
Morridine said:

At the cost of making them completely unlike manga counterparts you mean?

Pretty much every senshi was turned into "generic 90's girl stereotype" ignoring differences

Usagi became pretty much entirely different person from her manga counterpart, never learning her lessons(since anime basically took the first chapter personalization and ran with it without exploring WHY she is behaving like that), Rei was pretty much only sharing the name with her manga counterpart and Minako's
wa never even visible in anime. How about turning Mamoru into nothing more than a plot device instead of his relatively far bigger and complex role in the manga?

ANd I am sorry but I don't see any benefits to having ~30 episodes of cartoony clown villain goons appearing one after the other(since yet again the old anime ran with the designs of first few villains, ignoring the fact that manga villains grew more nightmare fuelish over time after the introuctory phase).

Well I read the manga recently. I know what you mean. But I also know of episodes that dug into the characters a lot more than the manga. Like Minako's volleyball episode, Minako's trying to win a singing competition episode, Minako meeting an old aquintance which she fell in love in the past episode... All sad episodes about Minako which evoked, esentially, the type of girl she was. It's well done in the anime too, except probably hard to remember and since not all of them are "cannon" material I suppose everyone rejects them? But they DO do justice to the character IMO. After all, it's the first anime that made me love SM, not the manga at all. Also, Minako appears to the girsl in the same context, won't spoil it, but it's the same as the manga.

And I don't really know about Mamoru. What you say now I read somewhere, I remember. Dunno why peple keep repeating it. He completely lost screen time in the later seasons but how can you say it was turned into a simple plot device until then? Especially the first season it was exactly the same. It was delayed alot, yes, their "remembering" or the past lives. But that is also what made their relationship more exciting and turned the moments in the final episodes of first season a lot more dramatic, while in the manga they have a lot less impact. The manga rushed through those final scenes and generally rushes through ALL final scenes.

Also, I don't agree with Usagi not learning her lessons. OFC she essentially stays the same. She becomes more courageous in time and more dedicated to saving her friends which is what I loved about her. What lesson is she ot learning exactly?
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2015

41 by Eziprez »»
Feb 24, 7:25 PM

» Am I the only one who finds Sailor Moon more "traditionally girly" than Tokyo Mew Mew?

removed-user - Jan 18

1 by a0t3a »»
Jan 19, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2015

40 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 2, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

37 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

32 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.