Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2014 3:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah finally it came. The OP song was pretty good imo but I'm not used to the transformation scene yet.

Good to see Usagi back though of course :>
I think I spotted Tuxedo in a silhouette scene in the beginning. Nice. I notice how clumsy Usagi is already and her childish personality is pretty cute. Really awesome OST so far as well. I noticed they didn't waste time introducing Tuexdo Mask either. Cool.

IN THE NAME OF MOON, I'll PUNISH YOU. Ah, that line is so classic.

Stark700Jul 5, 2014 9:01 AM
Jul 5, 2014 3:25 AM

Apr 2012
I'm not a fan of the CGI transformation or the OP but the episode was very good.

Also, Venus is best girl.
Jul 5, 2014 3:26 AM
Mar 2013
Serena's a lot clumsier than I remember, falling down stairs, stepping on cats xD

Was Haruna's hair always this light in the manga? I preferred the darker brown color.

Wow, I really like Darien's new look <3 Motoki looks nice as well. Dare I say better than in the original version. And don't get me started on Tuxedo Mask.

Ah yes, the good old Supersonic crying xD This is probably the first and last episode we will see it being used so we might as well enjoy it!

The voice acting seems a bit forced in some places for some characters. I know most of the VA are the same but after so many years there are quite a few changes.

Moon Tiara Boomerang? What happened to Moon Tiara Magic? ;_; Oh yes, I remember promising KP4 I would say it so here goes: "Moon Prism Power Make-Up!" ^_^

The ED was very pretty. I wonder where Moonlight Densetsu is though? The producers better include it somewhere or else in the name of the Moon I shall punish them. !
emeraldrosaryJul 8, 2014 3:50 PM
Jul 5, 2014 3:28 AM

Mar 2012
Well, uh that was underwhelming. Could've been worse, but could've been a lot better.

What I liked - It was thoroughly enjoyable. The animation was cheap sure but it wasn't super QUALITY. Some soundtracks are good and it has good cinematography and pacing. Luna also looks like a cat now. Oh and those flowers and mid cards looked great.

I what disliked - CGi transformation scene ;_; It's not like they even tried to bother with that, seriously. It looked pretty bad. Also same face syndrome and the style isn't wacky to be funny at times, plus seems slightly too serious? It was more than a classic watch but it missed the components of what made the first season great.

Overall, average, but enjoyable because hype. Wished Toei tried harder though.
Jul 5, 2014 3:28 AM

Jul 2011
Why the heck was the first discussion deleted??

Anyways as I first stated. Great!!

OMG its finally here!

You can already tell the differences!

Usagi is not as whiny.

Their first meeting between Usagi and Mamoru.

And Ami was shown at last! :D
Jul 5, 2014 3:30 AM

Aug 2011
Words can't describe how happy I am now... That was amazing!!!
Jul 5, 2014 3:32 AM

Apr 2012
I have to admit it's not as bad as the first impression of the first trailer was but the episode felt a little bit rushed o:

I liked that they showed a little bit more about Tuxedo Kamen, this is something the old anime never did. Overall a really nice first episode :D

Nov 2012
this was great. i'm really happy rn :>

Oct 2007
OMG I really enjoyed Episode 1!
The animation looked amazing! I'm sure I'll get used to the new transformation scene.
& Mamoru looked so handsome in some of those scenes ;D
It was so good seeing some of Sailor Moon's more famous quotes and stances in the new animation.
The worst thing about Episode 1 though is now having to wait for Episode 2! Can't wait!
Mikki-chanJul 5, 2014 5:18 AM

Mar 2014
It was so similar to the manga! I can't wait for the next episode!

Jul 5, 2014 3:34 AM
May 2007
I like how in context to story and art they are being faithful to the manga, and I am super pleased they brought back Kotono Mitsuishi as Sailor Moon but I don't like the new voice actors for Luna and Tuxedo Mask.

Han Keiko had this distinct pitch that the new voice actress lacks that made Luna work. Nojima Kenji's attempt to sound nasal as the great Furuya Tooru just sounds very forced. But other than that, I will continue to support the series despite my disapproval of needlessly changing the voice cast IMHO. If Furuya Tooru can still play Amuro from the original Gundam series then he can sure as fuck can still play Tuxedo Mask.
Jul 5, 2014 3:35 AM

Jan 2012
Love it love it love it!!!!!!!
It claims to be close to manga but it looks more like an anime remake or even like MAME arcade game ^_^
Jul 5, 2014 3:36 AM

Apr 2014
The transformation sequence looks so cheaply made. They could've done better surely with the time they've had. But otherwise i'm happy. Tuxedo Mask especially looks reallllly good.
Jul 5, 2014 3:37 AM

Jul 2008
I almost cried, I'm still so hyped!! Mamoru looks so much more attractive just like in the manga, damn!
And, am I the only one dying over Jedite's voice? <3 Kishio Daisuke, doing an awesome job as always!
Here's a llama, there's a llama, and another little llama, fuzzy llama, funny llama, llama llama DUCK!
Jul 5, 2014 3:38 AM
Jul 2014
Aside from the terrifying CGI and choreography in the transformation sequence, another thing I found irritating was how Haruna and Ikuko sounded much much younger than Usagi.
Jul 5, 2014 3:39 AM

Aug 2008
It follows the Manga pretty closely which is good. But like anyone else, I didn't like at all the transformation sequence. I'm not too fund of cell shading techniques. Either way, I really like it. I still prefer the original OP/ED over this ones. But I guess is because I'm too fond of them, maybe after some episodes I will start to like this ones.
Otaku no naka no Otaku, Otaking ni narimasu -- Otaku no Video, Gainax, 1992.
Jul 5, 2014 3:39 AM

Jul 2011
ZtarWarrior said:

Still, looking forward to Ami next episode. I need to hear her voice.

ikr!! That's one thing that I was hoping, that they wouldn't take that long to introduce the other sailors like they did in the original!

Also my gosh, im not liking that cgi either, but whatevs, as long as its only in transformation and nothing else! Loving it already.
MoonXArtemisJul 5, 2014 3:58 AM
Jul 5, 2014 3:41 AM

Nov 2012
oh and the best inner senshi is coming next episode. c: can't wait!!!
Jul 5, 2014 3:41 AM

Apr 2007
So far it's a pretty faithful manga adaptation, and they tipped off that they're going with the "restraint" route with the comedy when Usagi Sailor-V-kicked the door and didn't have a major reaction, which might take some of the charm away. But good attention to detail so far:
Jul 5, 2014 3:45 AM

Jul 2008
You can already tell a lot of the changes already. I like how the character style is similar to the manga. That's great. The first episode and it's pretty serious already or at least more so then the original anime at certain points. Although I hope they do throw in some funny moments. It had flaws sure but it wasn't bad for a first episode.
Jul 5, 2014 3:46 AM

Feb 2010
SO. MUCH. YES.

The transformation scenes reminds me of the One Piece games I have on the 3DS, so if any of ya'll played em (Romance Dawn/Unlimited World Red) the CGI is like that. Damn Toei lol
Her arms and body stretched out waaay to long.

BUT IT WAS GREAT nevertheless
i'm glad it's back but I got to get use to the new style, they all look so shoujo and slender *u*

Chiba Mamoru = 100x hotter
Jul 5, 2014 3:47 AM

Jul 2011
Amrai said:
You can already tell a lot of the changes already. I like how the character style is similar to the manga. That's great. The first episode and it's pretty serious already or at least more so then the original anime at certain points. Although I hope they do throw in some funny moments. It had flaws sure but it wasn't bad for a first episode.

yup! sure is! since its geared towards its original fans, who are 23+! say MOI! :D

the art is totally winning me over, although I was already loving it because you know, its sailor moon! lol.

R0LAN said:
SO. MUCH. YES.

Most definitely! hopefully he is not as a big jerk as originally! So far so hot! I mean so far so good!
Jul 5, 2014 3:49 AM

Dec 2009
I feel so disappointed!! I've been excited about this remake since I read the announcement. There were a lot more that I didn't like compared to what I did.

The transformation sequence was ugly and just made me cringe. The backgrounds were bland and boring. Usagi's and Luna's introduction was boring as hell. And some of the voices just suck.

I did like Usagi's and Mamoru's introduction their instant attraction was cute, though I do kind of miss the original anime's humor. I can however appreciate how they aren't so freaking clueless this time! lol I did enjoy the Opening and Ending tracks, but not in love with them, though I do really like the ending's animation made me feel very nostalgic.

So far this remake has started off as very . . . bland. Hope it picks up or otherwise there isn't any point of doing this remake if it isn't going to surpass the original anime. Matching the manga is fine, but the anime needs to have some type of voice of its' own.

Jul 5, 2014 3:50 AM

Aug 2013
As someone who is entirely new to Sailor Moon, as I have never seen the original series, nor read the original manga, I thought it was pretty good. Didn't really like the CGI transformation scene, though.
wow gay
Jul 5, 2014 3:51 AM
Mar 2013
MoonxArtemis said:
that's strange, I wonder why the first post and mine was deleted...your comment was after mine..unless you reported it, so you could be first, like you are...in all the anime episode discussions...do you always do this?
I'm not sure what happened to the other episode discussion thread but I remember reading your post. You included a picture of Serena holding Luna <3 Speaking of Luna, she looks amazing. The animation has definitely brought Sailor Moon to the modern era.

R0LAN said:
SO. MUCH. YES.
They seriously did everything right with Darien/Mamoru and Tuxedo Mask. I agree he looks so awesome here <3
Jul 5, 2014 3:52 AM

Jul 2011
Emerald!! :D so lovely to see a familiar Sailor Moon fan face! lol or username!

emeraldrosary said:
MoonxArtemis said:
that's strange, I wonder why the first post and mine was deleted...your comment was after mine..unless you reported it, so you could be first, like you are...in all the anime episode discussions...do you always do this?
I'm not sure what happened to the other episode discussion thread but I remember reading your post. You included a picture of Serena holding Luna <3 Speaking of Luna, she looks amazing. The animation has definitely brought Sailor Moon to the modern era.

R0LAN said:
SO. MUCH. YES.
They seriously did everything right with Darien/Mamoru and Tuxedo Mask. I agree he looks so awesome here <3

Anyways ikr! I love his "matureness" and everything else!

Anyways here's the pic!
MoonXArtemisJul 5, 2014 3:56 AM
Jul 5, 2014 3:53 AM

Dec 2010
Before anyone says it's rushed, the manga is really fast paced so.
Jul 5, 2014 3:55 AM

Aug 2011
amare135 said:

Yes, I thought the same.
Jul 5, 2014 3:57 AM

Jul 2011
amare135 said:

and also there is 26 eps instead of 46, so that's another reason. But i'm alright with that! I feel like the original anime took too long to get to the point...but hey, i cannot complain! lol
Jul 5, 2014 4:01 AM

Jan 2012
Noooo there must like 1000 episodes of Sailor Moon at least!!!
Jul 5, 2014 4:02 AM

Aug 2011
Normally when you want something as a kid then as an adult you get you nostalgia goggles roped from your face and crushed, but Tue original held up and so did this episode. It felt like I was 6 again and watching Sailor Moon for the first time again.

There's nothing I can dislike about the episode, from her voice actor to her funny hair to her horrible body proportions she was all Sailor Moon, the heroine I grew up loving. I only hope that rest of it will be as amazing as this one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2014 4:04 AM

Jun 2009
I thought it was a pretty decent intro to the series, other than the awful CGI transformation. Also Moon Tiara Magic > Moon Tiara Boomerang, why the name change? I hope that in the English dub they use Magic instead of Boomerang. Anyway, best parts of the anime = Mamoru. I'm hopefully they nail Usagi/Mamoru - the flashbacks were romantic, and the first meeting between them was great too. I'm looking forward to the inners being introduced though because even though I like Usagi, I tend to find her boring...
obviouslygeekyJul 5, 2014 7:31 AM
Jul 5, 2014 4:05 AM

Jan 2009
Loved it, loved it, loved it!
I wasn't expecting to have so many emotions!

I barely watched the original anime, but I loved to read the manga when I was a kid. So this was just such a stellar blast from the past. (Even with the funky CGI)
Jul 5, 2014 4:08 AM

Jan 2009
for the manga readers how many chapters they animated on this episode?

and not bad for a first episode i cannot wait to see how Sailor Soldiers are far better fighters than Dragonball fighters lol like i hear that Sailor Soldiers can travel an entire galaxy in just seconds and that Sailor Soldiers can destroy planets as well
Jul 5, 2014 4:08 AM

Nov 2012
j0x said:

the first chapter
Jul 5, 2014 4:10 AM

Nov 2011
wooa..my childhood anime is back. The opening is great love it.

Jul 5, 2014 4:10 AM

Jan 2009
silverwalls said:
j0x said:

the first chapter

so its gonna be 1 chapter per episode then huh, i guess 26 episodes is not enough and we gonna see some second season for this
Jul 5, 2014 4:11 AM

May 2010
Good old memories.

It was 10x better than what I imagined it to be. I thought it would be very bland from the PV, considering everyone's facial expression but now that I watched it, it is very close to the original, much like an improved version of it.

I missed Usagi's voice, her VA sounds as young as ever. The OP has cool music just like the original one, I love it. Animation is very cool.

Mamoru looks cool. I like Luna's new voice.

I heard it is following the manga so means it will be much better and filler-free adaptation. Expecting great things from it.

9/10
Jul 5, 2014 4:13 AM

Jul 2011
TragicRomance said:
Good old memories.

It was 10x better than what I imagined it to be. I thought it would be very bland from the PV, considering everyone's facial expression but now that I watched it, it is very close to the original, much like an improved version of it.

I missed Usagi's voice, her VA sounds as young as ever. The OP has cool music just like the original one, I love it. Animation is very cool.

Mamoru looks cool. I like Luna's new voice.

I heard it is following the manga so means it will be much better and filler-free adaptation. Expecting great things from it.

9/10

exactly my thoughts, only i could not have said it better! I missed her voice too! although not as much because I've been rewatching the original recently!
Mar 2013
MoonxArtemis said:
Emerald!! :D so lovely to see a familiar Sailor Moon fan face! lol or username!
This is why I changed my avatar one week in advance. It looks like the change still hasn't appeared though. Sigh. MAL and it's infamous avatar lag >_>

phoenixabides said:
I thought it was a pretty decent intro to the series, other than the awful CGI transformation. Also Moon Tiara Magic > Moon Tiara Boomerang, why the name change? I hope that in the English dub they use Magic instead or Boomerang. Anyway, best parts of the anime = Mamoru. I'm hopefully they nail Usagi/Mamoru - the flashbacks were romantic, and the first meeting between them was great too. I'm looking forward to the inners being introduced though because even though I like Usagi, I tend to find her boring...
I noticed that too.

Serena/Usagi: Moon Tiara Boomerang
Me: Moon Tiara Magiii-eh?

That little change really totally threw me off ^_^

I'm happy that a lot of people like Darien. I'm not alone! It's true Serena is a bit boring in the beginning, but she truly shines when she is in the company of others. On that note, I cannot wait for her to meet Ami, Rei, Lida, and Mina!

Sep 2008
Oh, I have so many mixed feelings towards this...

Love that anime really follow manga :D
Love how characters looks simillar in manga :D
Love OP&ED, titles pictures and eyecatches :)

I feel SH vibes from OP *.*
Especially 2:56-3:05 and 3:41-4:16 *.*
Really good job Heika *.*

I love attack scenes in OP *.*

But this was strange with seiyuu...
Is looks like Usagi doesn't fit to this story,
all these new seiyuu...
I still have in my mind that old cast...
and heard newly seiyuus and that new Mamoru... -.-
Feel so strange...
Maybe I will get used to them...

I don't like transformation animation, too much cgi... -.-
old one was better xD

And they added new pose to her "I am... The Pretty Guardian..."
or maybe this was just for this first episode...

But I must said when I heard that "Moon Prism Power..."
and Usagi wasn't show up I have in my mind that old Usagi...
and that old scene...

Anyway... this was good episode :)
I think I just need to get use to changes xD

Next episode - Ami!
Can't wait! She is one of these Sailor Senshi which I like the most! <3

Nov 2012
j0x said:
silverwalls said:

the first chapter

so its gonna be 1 chapter per episode then huh, i guess 26 episodes is not enough and we gonna see some second season for this

the dark kingdom arc covers 26 chapters, so i think it will be 1 chapter per episode.
i hope for a season 2 too, i want to see my favorite senshi in the new anime ;_;
Jul 5, 2014 4:15 AM

May 2010
[quote=silverwalls]
j0x said:
silverwalls said:

the first chapter

the dark kingdom arc covers 26 chapters, so i think it will be 1 chapter per episode.
i hope for a season 2 too, i want to see my favorite senshi in the new anime ;_;[/quot

Who is your fav?
Jul 5, 2014 4:16 AM

Jan 2010
KaidaHime said:
Normally when you want something as a kid then as an adult you get you nostalgia goggles roped from your face and crushed, but Tue original held up and so did this episode. It felt like I was 6 again and watching Sailor Moon for the first time again.

There's nothing I can dislike about the episode, from her voice actor to her funny hair to her horrible body proportions she was all Sailor Moon, the heroine I grew up loving. I only hope that rest of it will be as amazing as this one.

That is pretty much what i was going to say.
Jul 5, 2014 4:17 AM

Nov 2012
TragicRomance said:

Who is your fav?

pluto :>
Jul 5, 2014 4:18 AM
Jun 2009
silverwalls said:
oh and the best inner senshi is coming next episode. c: can't wait!!!

You mean Rei Hino? Awesome!!
Jul 5, 2014 4:18 AM

Apr 2014
It wasn't bad... but it wasn't that good either. If Usagi's transformation looks like that, I guess the other Sailor Senshi's will have the same quality ones... Well, I don't judge anime by the 1st ep, so I'll give it a try.
Jul 5, 2014 4:19 AM

May 2010
silverwalls said:
TragicRomance said:

Who is your fav?

pluto :>

I see, she has this mature aura around her. Btw my favs. are Sailor Venus and Sailor Mars. Also, Sailor Saturn.
Jul 5, 2014 4:22 AM

Oct 2012
I don't know how anyone could have much of a differing opinion since it was basically exactly the same as the original first episode.
Dissing the new animation or the cgi feels like the same debate as video game graphics or movie effects etc, who care as long as it tells a good story ?
Jul 5, 2014 4:26 AM

Sep 2008
R0LAN said:

and more nicer xD
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2015

41 by Eziprez »»
Feb 24, 7:25 PM

» Am I the only one who finds Sailor Moon more "traditionally girly" than Tokyo Mew Mew?

removed-user - Jan 18

1 by a0t3a »»
Jan 19, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2015

40 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 2, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

37 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

32 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.