Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 5, 2014 1:32 PM

Jul 2010
Why the new opening now?!great spoil everyone who hasn't read the new chapters .
Thank god I did !
Because everyone knows by now that Fairy tail's openings are a big BIG SPOILER!!!'
And the ending too what the hell
This ruins it for every one who's not read it but oh well.
I thought this episode was awesome ending three fights in one episode
Laxus vs Jura I forgot it was K.O. By 1 shot
The armor on Erza is so beautiful just like I expected love the color choice.
Gruvia oh Gruvia was the best part .
Wohoooo!'
Lyon and Cheria looked like team rocket but ok
Sting's reunion with Lector almost made me cry .
After finding out too that Lector's VC is the robot form Clannad after story ,almost made me cry
Love the fact the tournament ended at night.
Jul 5, 2014 2:04 PM
Apr 2013
Anyone knows the background music playing when it shows Erza with the second origin armor until FT receives 63 points?
Jul 5, 2014 2:27 PM

Dec 2012
When Minerva said "Nonsense! This is nonsense!" and "Disappear!" is that what she actually said? I've been studying Japanese for a while but those lines sounded like complete gibberish to me.
Jul 5, 2014 2:33 PM
Jun 2014
Funny how Sting was fighting for nothing but the safety of his friend. Yet he gives up. The Power of Friendship only works for Fairy Tail, apparently.
Jul 5, 2014 3:48 PM

Dec 2011
They have finally wrapped up Daimatou Enbu!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2014 4:03 PM

Apr 2007
Thank goodness all the rights are over. I would not have liked waiting an extra 3 to 4 weeks to get to the main point of the arc. Now THAT would've been dragged out since it is obvious that they all would've won anyway.

Core1019 said:
When Minerva said "Nonsense! This is nonsense!" and "Disappear!" is that what she actually said? I've been studying Japanese for a while but those lines sounded like complete gibberish to me.

I also didn't hear any of those words from her. It was probably some kind of incantation or something.
Jul 5, 2014 4:45 PM

Apr 2009
Another trash animated episode. Op is cool. Too bad when we actually see those scenes they won't look nearly as good. They seem to put more effort into the OP than the actual episodes.
DreddJul 5, 2014 4:51 PM
Jul 5, 2014 4:47 PM

May 2013
I hate how quick each of the fights were especially Laxus vs. Jura which definitely should have been longer. I can forgive Erza's deus ex machina armor though cause I love her. String giving up was just as annoying as it was in the manga. New OP is pretty cool, lots of spoilers though.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jul 5, 2014 5:07 PM

Dec 2008
Didn't enjoy the new OP.

New ED reminds me of a certain Final Fantasy song. But it's fine.
Overall, the episode was fine. I think they would've been able to get a few extra weeks before the series caught up to the manga if they made each fight last one episode. But in that case, I suppose it would feel too dragged out. In any event, I can't say I'm particularly looking forward to PII of this arc since I didn't much enjoy it in the manga. Hopefully Ohara Sayaka's performance makes me enjoy it more though <3

14 episodes in, I'm still disappointed at the sloppiness in animation.
Jul 5, 2014 5:11 PM

May 2013
Touching and epic episode c:
Jul 5, 2014 6:49 PM

Apr 2009
Back-On... Fairy Tail Opening... I think I just died...

Back-On best Japanese band of all time.
Jul 5, 2014 6:53 PM

Jul 2007
The best OP fairy tail has had so far. Best song too. I can only hope that the next arc's OP far surpasses this one because that arc is imho the best of the whole fairy tail so far.
Jul 5, 2014 8:05 PM

Jan 2014
Very disappointing episode
Sting surrendering was just straight up stupid.
I feel like these fights that are happening in Fairy 2014, are not as good as Fairy Tail. (B4 2014) All of them are so quick, I want an intense battle where both sides are pushed to their limits.
I did like new opening they did, and the ending song was ehhh, liked the first one better. Hoping for a better episode next week.
I'm all fired up!!!
Jul 5, 2014 9:06 PM

Aug 2013
Been a long time since I read this episode in manga, but damn, they rushed the crap outta that episode, oh well.. might as well rush through this whole arc
Jul 5, 2014 9:08 PM

Apr 2011
Juvia looked good with the shredded clothes and minus the hat. I'd like a different outfit for her that doesn't make her look like an Eskimo. Good job with that combo move.

I was a bit disappointed with the Erza/Minerva fight. I was hoping we'd at least see a big explosion with that final attack, instead of a simple slice and then Minerva flying through the air with her clothes shredded.

I kinda expected Lexus/Jura to last longer, but it got the point across ...

I don't think the fansubbers did a very good job getting across why Sting decided to just concede, especially when he probably could've taken down at least some of Fairy Tail, though I think Gajeel and Lexus would've triumphed in the end. Ah well, he got his kitty back, so that's all that matters.

Grand Magic Games are over ... looks like it's time for Eclipse to start. Hmmm, that guy in the preview looks suspiciously like Rogue but with gray hair ... maybe someone else came back from the future along with Lucy?

Animation wasn't all that great this episode, unfortunately. Hell of a time for them to cut their budget. Let's hope the upcoming dragon invasion isn't as disappointing. And apparently Cobra is gonna be back! Looking forward to that.

Also, the OP was pretty awesome, though I kinda like Matsuyama Chasing better. ED is still meh, never really been a fan of Fairy Tail's EDs.
Jul 5, 2014 9:35 PM

Jan 2011
Nice that it's finally over, but for itself it was dissappointing. They dragged out some fights before so long, especially whenever Fairy Tail was losing. All of Sabertooth liked to boast for hours, or Minerva playing her games. I don't care how many fights end in one episode, it's about *showing* the fight. Even the uppercut Laxus did to Jura was only partially used. They could have left Natsus group out if they where short on time (though it was either bad planning or intentionally stupid), didn't serve any point anyways.

About what we actually saw: What did Grey and Juvia even do? Was that supposed to be a unison raid, or just two attacks at the same time (if the later is the case: *facepalm*).

I also think Erza would have won even without that armor. Minerva isn't that strong actually. Lots of magic power, powerful spells, yes. But technique? None. The moment Erza regained momentum, it was over. Minerva can't deal with resistance. While it's smart to let the others wear each other out, it also says a lot that she never faced a rested enemy. The moment she did, if you count Erza releasing second origin as "rested", she lost.

Erza thought against enemies rendering her armors useless, against enemies that she couldn't hit etc. Minerva was just a matter of dodging the spheres. Minerva even dropped a hint herself "everything i see". So, hide beind a pillar or whatever. If Minerva doesn't know which one, she has to blast all, which would get tiring. And if done right, Erza could drop from above or behind. Or she could just take the hit. She took more before, like against Azuma.

FT vs Sting: Why did they even take the challenge? Sting was in zugzwang (apparently, it's a word in English, too). Fairy Tail could only lose if he would take out all members. Not sure what they would do with a draw, or simply end the tournament at a point where it would not be a draw (before both teams are down/once the first woke up again, whatever). Even if there would be time limit, FT had more points, and time limits apply to both teams anyways. They could have found some nice spot, have a picknick, get a good nights sleep (maybe taking turns having the watch, but given how Sting was able to hide the whole day, even from the lacrima, FT should have been able to do the same), and face him with 5 well-rested members.

Worst that could happen - unless intervention by the tournament organisators, which seems unlikely given what they turned a blind eye on before, and how popular FT was at that point - would be that Sting takes them out. So the same as when they go to face him, except he would at least have "exerted" himself coming to them.

Too bad he didn't fight, we will probably never know if they had a backup strategy to "standing there doing nothing until Sting gives up".
Jul 5, 2014 9:40 PM

Mar 2014
Is the new OP that spoilerish? I haven't read the manga up to this chapter so I don't feel like they spoiled anything aside, maybe future Lucy's death? But that was hinted in the next episode preview so I'm okay with that.
Jul 5, 2014 10:02 PM

Nov 2009
Did they run out of budget or something? They dragged out the shitty fights with the Executioners a bunch of episodes back that no one cared about, and now they rushed the the Laxus vs. Jura fight which was the biggest matchup on the final day. That's some poor planning on the studio's part.

To be fair, I re-read the manga chapter with the Laxus fight and it was pretty much the same. Still, if they could've added more to it, they should have so it wouldn't feel so anti-climatic.
Jul 5, 2014 10:56 PM
Mar 2014
Well im disappointed about Jura and Minerva, i thought they would be hard to defeat, but was the opposite

And im disapponted about Sting too, he had a good plan, all he wanted happened, but at the end he pissed himself before start to fight, knowing that if he doesnt defeat fairy tail, Ojou sama could kill his best friend.

Anyway the episode was great and i liked the opening, i just hope they improve the animation quality becouse sometimes looks like a slideshow
Jul 6, 2014 2:36 AM
Nov 2013
Yeah, OP is cool, if only they could animate the fight scenes in the actual episodes as good as they did it in the OP clip...
Fights we're kinda fun but it all comes down to the same thing repeated endlessly, FT getting a power-up, cuz.. friends, and just one-shotting the opponent... 3/5
Jul 6, 2014 3:50 AM

Jul 2010
I totally DIG the new OP, Back On are really great.
As for the episode, I'm huge disappointed in how easily Laxus won after all that build up for Jura, I mean he's one of the ten wizards saints .. but what am I expecting, this is FT after all.

Lector and Sting reunion was touching though.
Jul 6, 2014 5:04 AM
Jun 2014
Lol. People like the OP more than the episode.
Jul 6, 2014 5:40 AM

Feb 2010
That annoying yellow tint on this whole episode.
Thought my eyes broke wtf.

^Watched with Horriblesubs 720
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jul 6, 2014 6:47 AM

Jan 2014
I read manga but i had tears on eyes when they won games, anime is made too good and new opening is good also :)
Jul 6, 2014 7:43 AM
Apr 2012
Well the new OP is spoilerific!It just ruins so much awesomeness for anime only watchers.

Fantastic episode as always. Fairy Tail beating down all in their way. Sting did the right thing, sometimes you just know that not fighting is the best choice.
Jul 6, 2014 7:51 AM

Mar 2014
Oh come on, Jura couldnt have been that easy to beat :/, same with minerva. I think they just wanted to wrap up the grand magic games and get onto the eclipse project.

3/5 over all
Jul 6, 2014 12:09 PM

Jun 2012
That OP was badass.
Jul 6, 2014 1:21 PM

Dec 2011
I guess the little guy in the new OP is the King and the guy with his snake girl that is in Fairy Tail.

Oh, that's Lector on Milliana's back lol.

Good uppercut Laxus! You can win and bring victory to Fairy Tail!

Erza's second origin :O?!

That Nakagami Armor looks awesome and OP!

Gray and Juvia are going are combining their magic to win!

Woooooohooooooooo!!!! Laxus is the winner!!!!

LOL, bye bye Lyon and Cheria XD.

Hahaha, a guide book on armors.

But... but... Sting isn't out yet...

So Sting thinks he can win alone against all of Fairy Tail team members?

They're all gathering before Sting with sad music in the background T.T

Fairy Tail is the winner of the Grand Magic Games!!!

Sting and Lector T.T

Crap, they're bringing the Eclipse Cannon to the surface.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 6, 2014 4:59 PM

Mar 2012
Awesome_G said:
Disappointing episode. I felt like the fights felt extremely rushed and Sting sucked! Like the new op though but not as much as the last one. 2/5

Hey, at least this is not One Piece, where they eternally drag EVERTYTHING :S

Awesome new opening, awesome episode.
Jul 6, 2014 7:17 PM

Dec 2013
Finally Fairy Tail is getting epic again.

Maybe it's because I watched the episode before this one and this one back to back just now, but I don't see why everyone is complaining about the fights so much. Sure, the final moments of each fight were a bit rushed, but when paired with all of what was shown before hand they were great fights. The ending with Sting giving up was sort of expected, there's no way he could win and he knew it.

However, I do agree that we could have done without the constant flashing of Natsu's group fighting the same guards over and over, and the princess reiterating the same point about her future contact again and again.

Lot of epic moments in these last two episodes, oh the feels.

10/10
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jul 6, 2014 7:47 PM

Jul 2011
A good op but spoilers!! well i think ft's openings were all like that but i would like to have the surprise. Should have read the manga during the hiatus. Anyway, the fights were rushed and they won too easily i was hoping more epic parts. it disapointed me a lot.
Also i love Sting very much but i would love to see him being more badass but well... at least his reunite with Lector made me emotive
Jul 7, 2014 2:58 AM
Oct 2013
LLawlied said:
Is the new OP that spoilerish? I haven't read the manga up to this chapter so I don't feel like they spoiled anything aside, maybe future Lucy's death? But that was hinted in the next episode preview so I'm okay with that.
The thing is, manga readers think it's full of spoilers because they know what each scene from the OP refers to, but for anime-only people, it's just a tease rather than spoilers, imo.
Jul 7, 2014 7:49 AM

Jan 2013
Awesome sight seeing all of them together staying strong even though they had no more energy for another fight. That scene was worth it!
Watched 13 and 14 one after another ^_^.
Jul 7, 2014 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
-The characters has never looked this shitty before.

Who is this even?
-The opening was better than the first one. Doesn't say much though.

I mean jeez.. Can they get any more ridiculous with this? ''I just got a new suit for some apparent fucking reason''

The fuck was up with Sting? He was like ''Yeah, I'm gonna show Lector or whatever how awesome I am. I've been waiting for this moment the entire match!''
And then he was like ''Nah, fuck this. I don't care about my annoying little shithead of a friend''
They're pushing the Exceeds so hard that I've stopped caring about them.

And are breasts getting bigger and bigger as time goes on? Seriously.. I swear Erza had normal-sized boobs in season 1, even in the previous fucking episode!

So much constant shit.. All the time.

Pure shit. This episode gets a 3/10. The first season was really good! How could it have come to this shitfest?

You can tell they had a budget cut..
Jul 7, 2014 9:32 AM

Mar 2014
miskos3 said:
LLawlied said:
The thing is, manga readers think it's full of spoilers because they know what each scene from the OP refers to, but for anime-only people, it's just a tease rather than spoilers, imo.

Well, that's the problem with manga reader, if they make a fuss of it, then of course, anime-only watcher would take notice and what seemed like a normal OP tease eventually become spoiler to them.
Jul 7, 2014 12:43 PM

May 2014
Wow ... that was an epic episode!!!

Laxus beats one of the 10 Saints.
Gray and Juvia get together and amazingly Juvia keeps her calm! :))
Erza is reborn and beats that annoying b*tch! ... finally what she deserve!
And Sting surrenders ... he is a good guy.
Damn ... everybody was so badass this episode!!!

I like the new OP and ED. Rap-Rock fits FT very well.

Next: Future ***** appears! I demand more epicness from him.
Jul 7, 2014 4:08 PM
Jun 2014
I can tell the people who think this episode was good are just watching but not paying attention.
Jul 7, 2014 10:58 PM

Jan 2008
LLawlied said:
miskos3 said:

Well, that's the problem with manga reader, if they make a fuss of it, then of course, anime-only watcher would take notice and what seemed like a normal OP tease eventually become spoiler to them.

I don't read the manga and I consider Fairy Tail opening to be full of spoilers as they basically tell you exactly whats gonna happen so you basically already know the outcome. Although since I've gotten this far in the series, I honestly don't care very much anymore, the overall outcome is already obvious.

Laughed at the opening though, the part where Lucy and Yukino hold hands. The emphasis on the bewbs bouncing. I do love Back-On though, the band that did the OP. Been so long I didn't know it was them until they started rapping.
PaulJul 7, 2014 11:02 PM
Jul 8, 2014 1:31 AM

May 2012
laxus too stronk! #_#
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2014 5:10 AM

Mar 2014
Paul said:
LLawlied said:

I don't read the manga and I consider Fairy Tail opening to be full of spoilers as they basically tell you exactly whats gonna happen so you basically already know the outcome. Although since I've gotten this far in the series, I honestly don't care very much anymore, the overall outcome is already obvious.

Maybe because Fairy Tail is quite predictable, so that's why I think the OP doesn't feel too spoilerish
Jul 8, 2014 10:56 AM

Jan 2014
Sooo how did Jura lost?Why did Sting surrender?
Meh,Nevermind.....Hot Juvia is still Hot so its ok.
Jul 8, 2014 9:55 PM

Jul 2013
The episode was awesome ^A^
Jul 9, 2014 5:33 PM
Jul 2014
Loved that episode!!
Hope that Sting would join FT And befriend with Natsu :D!!
exept this it was suck that Sting just gave up..
Jul 9, 2014 8:29 PM
Jul 2014
New OP is nice. The spoilers though!

I dont know, but the fights feel really rushed this episode. One minute they're in a desperate situation, and ten seconds later, they acquire special moves and beat the other teams as if they were nothing.

I like the moment with Lector & Sting. Sting surrendering seemed reasonable to me. It seems as if he's turning over a new leaf.
Jul 10, 2014 9:13 AM

Apr 2013
Man this was disappointing... i read the comeback from the manga for this arc like... 7 times or more and yet this episode was EXTREMELY RUSHED... though i did like some of it... but it was mostly ruined... 2/5 at it's best.

Jul 10, 2014 12:14 PM

Oct 2013
Awesome episode,i was having goosebumps through the whole episode.
And the new op was nice.
SaskeeJul 10, 2014 12:55 PM

Jul 10, 2014 12:28 PM
Jan 2014
I'm dropping this show. It's getting cheesier each episode. Jura, who is claimed to be strongest human wizard, lost to Laxus in a minute. Laxus is my favourite character in this show but that was so f**** ridiculous.

We saw the same cheesy ''We are a guild, we have friendship so we automatically win.'' line again like all of the previous episodes.

I was like ''WTF?'' at the Sting part. One of the most stupid moments in an anime and people believe it was dramatic, LOL.

This show used to be really good...
Jul 10, 2014 1:36 PM

Apr 2008
M3rett0 said:
I'm dropping this show. It's getting cheesier each episode. Jura, who is claimed to be strongest human wizard, lost to Laxus in a minute. Laxus is my favourite character in this show but that was so f**** ridiculous.

We saw the same cheesy ''We are a guild, we have friendship so we automatically win.'' line again like all of the previous episodes.

I was like ''WTF?'' at the Sting part. One of the most stupid moments in an anime and people believe it was dramatic, LOL.

Bye bye Skip out before the arc is even over.
Jul 10, 2014 2:24 PM

Sep 2011
Dammit, they took away my Masayume Chasing!!!! NOOOOOOOO >.<
Jul 10, 2014 2:37 PM
Jan 2014
Darklight0303 said:
M3rett0 said:

Bye bye Skip out before the arc is even over.

Uninteresting arc with uninteresting plot and uninteresting characters.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.