Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Ore ga Ojousama Gakkou ni 'Shomin Sample' Toshite Rachirareta Ken' To Get Anime Adaptation

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 4, 2014 12:07 AM

Oct 2013
Dat Synopsis. Quite similar to Seirei Tsukai, except there are no Spirits here. Even the MC names are quite similar.
Jul 4, 2014 12:31 AM
May 2012
Heh, why not??
Will watch it, but please......give us an awesome MC!!
Jul 4, 2014 2:12 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
...Why this.
Jul 4, 2014 2:44 AM

Jul 2014
This seems Goood :3
Hurray, I might start to read the manga :D

Jul 4, 2014 4:25 AM

Jul 2013
ecchi/harem huh? well what I'm really looking forward to are the funny moments of him pretending to be gay..
PrimeXJul 4, 2014 4:54 AM
Jul 4, 2014 5:55 AM

Jul 2012
Why...
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Jul 4, 2014 6:09 AM

Oct 2009
Dat PLOT tho.
Jul 4, 2014 6:13 AM

Jan 2013
damn thats some moe art.

Ima watch just for the visuals.
Jul 4, 2014 7:19 AM

Apr 2013
Another harem anime adaptation eh, well I'll looking forward to this
Jul 4, 2014 7:24 AM

Jul 2013
This is pretty funny! I'm looking forward to this, and I may read either the LN or manga beforehand!
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Jul 4, 2014 7:43 AM

May 2014
Unchou said:
Why...

Anime Industry: Why not ?
The originality is strong with this one.
Jul 4, 2014 8:55 AM

Jan 2011
NihonFalcom said:
Nidhoeggr said:
>highschool
>sheltered girls, probably pure virgins
>single male student that is UTTERLY AVERAGE

Every LN anime adaption in the past 5 years

Nailed it.
Jul 4, 2014 8:57 AM

Jan 2011
Don't bash on people for spending money on what you consider crap in the industry when you don't spend a dime supporting what you consider great titles/adaptations. Just saying.
Jul 4, 2014 8:59 AM

Jan 2013
NihonFalcom said:
Nidhoeggr said:
>Super heroes
>Monsters or Aliens
>single male character whom is EXTREMELY OVERPOWERED.

Every Shounen anime adaption in the past 5 years

Nailed it.[/quote]

NihonFalcom said:
Nidhoeggr said:
>Outer Space
>Giant Robots and Lasers
>single male character who is EXTREMELY INTELLIGENT

Every Mecha anime adaption in the past 5 years

Nailed it.[/quote]

Am I doing it right?
Jul 4, 2014 9:09 AM
Jun 2013
Enough with all these insanely long names. Dear Japan, sometimes less is more
Jul 4, 2014 9:56 AM
Mar 2010
Another one of these it is then.
Jul 4, 2014 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
Great! I'm looking forward to it.
Jul 4, 2014 11:13 AM
Oct 2012
Nice. The manga is entertaining, so I hope the anime adaption will be decent at least.
Jul 4, 2014 11:24 AM

Oct 2011
YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 4, 2014 11:55 AM
Feb 2012
Ore no generic bla bla bla

Rail Wars just proved once again that 95% of LN adaptions are utter horse crap.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 4, 2014 11:56 AM

Aug 2011
Rachmaninow said:

I like you already.
Jul 4, 2014 12:00 PM

Jan 2013
hatakaru maou-sama and durarara are LNs.

so... yeah
Jul 4, 2014 12:03 PM

May 2013
Rachmaninow said:
Ore no generic bla bla bla

Indeed.

Jul 4, 2014 12:31 PM

Feb 2013
Tengai said:
Heh, why not??
Will watch it, but please......give us an awesome MC!!

Don't hold your breath, this is a LN adaptation after all.
Jul 4, 2014 12:33 PM

Aug 2011
SolviteSekai said:

so... yeah

That's what the other 5% is for.
Jul 4, 2014 12:38 PM
Aug 2012
SolviteSekai said:

so... yeah
So are Jinrui, Baccano, Hakomari, Gekkou, Fate/Zero, Spice and Wolf, Monogatari, Kino no Tabi, etc.

I think it's safe to say they aren't all that shit.
Jul 4, 2014 1:10 PM

Jul 2012
Well if you're looking for your mediocre harem anime i guess you can be happy with this one.I'm reading the manga and for your surpise is all about PLOT,yep.

I will be happy just when i will get Re:Monster anime or something similar to it.

I painted my teary face with a disguised smile[COLOR=#ff3333] and pretended it was a cry out of joy.[/COLOR]

Jul 4, 2014 1:11 PM

Jan 2013
NihonFalcom said:
SolviteSekai said:

so... yeah

That's what the other 5% is for.

I stand corrected.
Jul 4, 2014 2:14 PM

Oct 2007
Hoppy said:
ZetaZaku said:
What worries me is that a portion of Japanese actually like this and are willing to pay every yen for it. Can the otaku get even more pathetic?

I can't see this selling more than 2.5k, I don't mind (and often like) anime being created specifically for Otaku, but this is just dreadful and it's showing that many novelists aren't even trying anymore to create an immersive LN and the studios are failing to see how bad these adaptations really are and it's showing in the often low BD/DVD sales of many LN adaptations, what we are seeing is the downfall of LN adaptations and the harem genre. The harem genre needs to switch to being primarily anime original then it could thrive again.

I find its mainly the smaller studios that depend heavily on these to try to turn at least a minor profit. Its pretty sad, but most studios still just lack the resources and planning to do any better. Not every studio can be like Sunrise or I.G and just create their own successful and oftentimes diverse IPs for all audiences or to buy up every exploitable license with more potential to be a big seller to then dish out to willing contractors like the Aniplex model. A lot of the anime industry is sadly just a matter of fighting over table scraps from the LN market in the hopes of landing that one surprise 7-10K hit like a NGNL or Yahari Love Comedy
PeacingOutJul 4, 2014 2:19 PM
Jul 4, 2014 2:19 PM

Jun 2012
Poor Baccano. All those fun LN arcs never to be animated.

Fetishes and harems win yet again.
Jul 4, 2014 4:46 PM

Nov 2008
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Hoppy said:

I can't see this selling more than 2.5k, I don't mind (and often like) anime being created specifically for Otaku, but this is just dreadful and it's showing that many novelists aren't even trying anymore to create an immersive LN and the studios are failing to see how bad these adaptations really are and it's showing in the often low BD/DVD sales of many LN adaptations, what we are seeing is the downfall of LN adaptations and the harem genre. The harem genre needs to switch to being primarily anime original then it could thrive again.

I find its mainly the smaller studios that depend heavily on these to try to turn at least a minor profit. Its pretty sad, but most studios still just lack the resources and planning to do any better. Not every studio can be like Sunrise or I.G and just create their own successful and oftentimes diverse IPs for all audiences or to buy up every exploitable license with more potential to be a big seller to then dish out to willing contractors like the Aniplex model. A lot of the anime industry is sadly just a matter of fighting over table scraps from the LN market in the hopes of landing that one surprise 7-10K hit like a NGNL or Yahari Love Comedy

If a small studio is animating this, I feel sorry for the studio to have to be reduced to making anime like this that cater to the very bottom of the barrel. It's like a new idol studio desperately trying establish itself by reducing itself to producing junior idols only because it will turn a small, quick profit despite that type of group appealing only to the lowest of the low.

Jul 4, 2014 6:43 PM

Mar 2013
Somebody please tell me why this trash gets an anime adaptation but a masterpiece like Vagabond still doesn't have one
Jul 4, 2014 6:54 PM

Feb 2008
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Hoppy said:

And then you got Madhouse, often considered to be among the strongest studios, and their last couple of shows were LN adaptations. It's sad when a studio can do better, and ends up doing crappy LN adaptations. Soon, some people will only remember Madhouse for Mahouka and NGNL haha.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jul 4, 2014 8:34 PM

Nov 2008
micoda9 said:
Somebody please tell me why this trash gets an anime adaptation but a masterpiece like Vagabond still doesn't have one

They don't get premium merchandise and don't sell BDs in Japan.

Jul 5, 2014 12:07 AM
Dec 2010
micoda9 said:

Series like Vagabond and Vinland Saga would be a huge commitment for any production company, because you need to adapt a certain amount of the source material or you're stopping in the middle of nowhere which will suck. Plus you need to commit a certain amount of budget to live up to the standards set by the manga. Trash light novels on the other hand is easy to do in 1 cour and is a lower risk investment as even if the BD/DVD sales are terrible the LN boast might be enough to at least bring the project to break even.

But yeah from the manga Shomin Sample is anything but a generic series, it's OTT and dumb as hell but also pretty funny. So I am personally looking forward to the anime.
Jul 5, 2014 3:49 AM

Dec 2013
People love to rant about petty things, don't they?
Anyway, The manga version of this series is quite nice and funny so i am looking forward to see this series animated.
Jul 5, 2014 5:26 AM

Mar 2012
sounds interesting, added to PTW
Jul 5, 2014 2:56 PM
May 2013
Hoppy said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

If a small studio is animating this, I feel sorry for the studio to have to be reduced to making anime like this that cater to the very bottom of the barrel. It's like a new idol studio desperately trying establish itself by reducing itself to producing junior idols only because it will turn a small, quick profit despite that type of group appealing only to the lowest of the low.

I'm not sure if this is true or not but if it is true, it doesn't seem too difficult to understand the allure of adaptations for smaller studios. With adaptations there could be ways to make money beyond discs (merchandise/source material) and perhaps more funding sources (from the publisher maybe) so the financing burden can be spread.

But perhaps this isn't necessarily how it always is, and seems to provide a reason to appreciate what one of my favorite studios, P.A. Works, has been doing. Aside from having some of the best production quality in the industry (in my opinion) at least lately they seem to be doing shows that don't already have established source material (LN or otherwise) in NagiAsu and Glasslip. With NagiAsu the sales were decent I guess and with Glasslip I suppose we shall see if this strategy pays off. I hope for both P.A. Works sake and the sake of original anime it works out...

Anyways, as for this adaptation, I might try to keep an open mind and give it a shot when it comes out.
HahalollawlJul 5, 2014 3:04 PM
Jul 5, 2014 4:28 PM

Oct 2012
*sigh* not interested
Jul 5, 2014 6:58 PM

Oct 2010
Too much bash on LN adaptation. Gee does hater forgot that anime like Shinsekai Yori and Sunday without God is part of those new LN adaptation being hated here?

Anyway, this kind of title is purely for guilty pleasure so theirs no point on saying how poor LN adaptation nowadays.
mlcdlJul 5, 2014 7:04 PM
Jul 5, 2014 9:12 PM

Sep 2011
VulgarFairy said:
More LN adaptations can only ever be a good thing! Probably the best source for adapting into anime, very, very rare I've seen a bad series based on a LN.

Synopsis sounds interesting to me.

Uh... There are plenty of BLAND anime out there adapted from Light Novel. But I see your point, since there are very few pictures, more is left to the directors' creativity.

This kind of interests me... There is obviously a market for this kind of Anime to be adapted, and sell. But with ALL these shows with exact same premises, HOW is it still possible that it's STILL coming out at this rate? Is it the publishers playing it safe? Or do they still think these can be successes beyond 3k or so?

Another thing. DVD COSTS MONEY. I don't imagine there are so many parents willing to give their children, presumed adults, that much money consistently to waste. I think the market for these kind of shows for people to watch, get off to/whatever, might be more diverse than what I previously thought...

Anyhow, plenty of redflags in the synopsis show that it isn't different from most series of its genre. But... I actually recently started to like the Ojou-sama type of characters, if done right(I don't mean I LIKE them as a character). So I might check out the manga to see how it is.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 5, 2014 9:58 PM

Feb 2014
I have read 7 volumes of the LN and find it funny and interesting. Can't wait to see it getting animated!
Jul 5, 2014 10:46 PM

Dec 2012
Chibi-Alice said:
And i see that the contest for longest title is still going on..

Hobi said:
Could this be the longest name yet for an anime?

Anyway i love novel adaptations! hope this will be good.

Is the contest still going on cos I found this --> http://myanimelist.net/anime/19221/Ore_no_Nounai_Sentakushi_ga_Gakuen_Love_Comedy_wo_Zenryoku_de_Jama_Shiteiru

Yeah, probably the longest
Jul 6, 2014 1:24 AM

Aug 2012
Of all things, they wanna adapt this?

Eh, sure, why not.
Jul 6, 2014 9:39 AM

Sep 2011
Well... I just read the whole manga that's avaliable, there's a few things I might point out:

The whole manga felt bland. Some of it has to do with the unfilled backgrounds, which forces us to focus on the characters, which weren't drawn too well either(except the colored panels, the artists always seem to get those right for some reason). Most were bland characters. Hell, in the manga, I could in NO WAY distinguish the Samurai girl from Kuroyukihime from Accel World. Other than the designs, the characters themselves were pretty lazily designed(which has been a chronic fault in the harem genre for a while now). Pretty much, I couldn't distinguish many of them from their archetypical cousins from other franchises.

The one I liked was uh... Arisugawa, uh... Reiko? See, I can't even remember the name of the most favored character I have! One is a typical loli tsundere. But they are adding the element of Sena Kashiwazaki in it... Very unoriginal. Another is Yuki Nagato clone. I DO NOT LIKE Yuki Nagato Clones. Ugh, building an emotionless character isn't so simple! Another a samurai girl/stronk/whatever. But yeah, the typical Ojou-sama blonde is my favorite for some reason, she changes midway throughout the series so far. Also, a minor character at first is the maid, she's just the typical cruel girl that ends up loving the main character, kuudere.

Anyhow, it lives up to its premise of just exploring the purity of the ojou-sama. At least the author has some recognition when he said "what is this? some cheesy manga?" The main character, or any of the other characters, are nothing that you haven't seen before. Hell, I could swear I saw that maid in a Doge before... The manga at least, has terrible depiction of environment. Quite a bit of fanservice(look at the manga covers), and average character design(very). the amount of threat to the male character, male character humiliation is just... I don't like, the male character is somewhat better than a complete loser since he makes fun of the tsundere loli, but yeah, he might as well as be "Protagonist."

One thing though, I am going to enjoy the Doge coming from this series, has great potential!
Jul 7, 2014 2:53 AM

Apr 2009
mlcdl said:
Too much bash on LN adaptation. Gee does hater forgot that anime like Shinsekai Yori and Sunday without God is part of those new LN adaptation being hated here?

Anyway, this kind of title is purely for guilty pleasure so theirs no point on saying how poor LN adaptation nowadays.

Shisneki Yori is a real novel and Sunday Without God was mediocre at best. And not all Ln are bad, it's just that Sturgeon's Law applies to them as well and the bad ones tend to get animated more.
Sadly, for every Baccano, Kino no Tabi and Shinsekai Yori we get 15 harem, romcom and/or ecchi LN adaptions of the worst kind.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 7, 2014 6:11 AM

Apr 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
Shinsekai Yori is a real novel

There is no "real novel" (except if you acknowledge other published stuff to be "false novels", hmm right). As said before again and again on this website, the only difference between novel and light novel in japan is the publishing label.

Leaving that point aside, well, we see that kind of generic stuff being adapted quite often because no-generic stuff can't be adapted as easily on an anime support. Those adaptations aren't seen again and again because people buy it. It doesn't sells enough to encourage studios adapting more of them.
This is the LN publishers ordering adaptation on specific LN to help the title selling more. And THIS actually works. Short (and therefore not too costly) one cour anime and easy to adapt LN (again, not too costly) is the key here. That, and choosing titles that have enough in common with anime to find enough customers ready to buy that type of LN interested after watching the anime.

People who would buy more complicated/original LN won't be lead as much to buy with anime adaptation, or at the very least it would require far more money to adapt it.

If anything, I'd say that it's the LN publishers looking down on the anime media as a mere way to advertise for their generic LN titles, as well as looking down on anime watcher as not able to being hooked to more complicated series, which leads to the increase of such generic school harem LN adaptations.
I see a lot of people looking down on LN, but seriously, isn't the whole LN industry looking down on the anime community, I wonder.
Jul 7, 2014 6:48 AM

Nov 2008
well that was kind of a boring synopsis, i guess it will be another average harem.
Jul 7, 2014 10:25 AM

Sep 2011
Zefyris said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Shinsekai Yori is a real novel

There is no "real novel" (except if you acknowledge other published stuff to be "false novels", hmm right). As said before again and again on this website, the only difference between novel and light novel in japan is the publishing label.

Leaving that point aside, well, we see that kind of generic stuff being adapted quite often because no-generic stuff can't be adapted as easily on an anime support. Those adaptations aren't seen again and again because people buy it. It doesn't sells enough to encourage studios adapting more of them.
This is the LN publishers ordering adaptation on specific LN to help the title selling more. And THIS actually works. Short (and therefore not too costly) one cour anime and easy to adapt LN (again, not too costly) is the key here. That, and choosing titles that have enough in common with anime to find enough customers ready to buy that type of LN interested after watching the anime.

People who would buy more complicated/original LN won't be lead as much to buy with anime adaptation, or at the very least it would require far more money to adapt it.

If anything, I'd say that it's the LN publishers looking down on the anime media as a mere way to advertise for their generic LN titles, as well as looking down on anime watcher as not able to being hooked to more complicated series, which leads to the increase of such generic school harem LN adaptations.
I see a lot of people looking down on LN, but seriously, isn't the whole LN industry looking down on the anime community, I wonder.

The way I think about it, LN are short novels with manga-like illustrations. But that's an insightful opinion about this process! So it does bring in revenue of generic LN...
Jul 7, 2014 11:31 AM

Aug 2012
Meh. Looks like something that would get short episodes, probably no more than 5-10 minutes each. If it's any more than that then this show will fall off my radar.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.