Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 8, 2009 8:13 PM

May 2008
Mawootad said:
lol, is Beato suddenly a tsundere now?

MarthX said:
Lambda is the tsundere.

Beato has always been Tsundere.
Lambda is more Tsundere.

Bern is Kuudere.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 8, 2009 8:35 PM

Jun 2007
Preview for 16

Oct 8, 2009 8:58 PM
Apr 2009
Oct 8, 2009 9:25 PM

Dec 2008
In comparison to the visual novel, I'm disappointed with the way they handled Eva-Beatrice's power trip. You don't understand as well why she's having so much fun killing Rosa and Maria.

In the anime, you can easily see that she's enjoying her new powers as a witch, that she can now bend reality to her every whim. But they don't cover how intoxicating it is to be able to kill someone and bring them back to life again. That once you know something can be fixed, don't you immediately want to break it over and over and over again, without any fear of the consequences? Or the joy one gets from tasting the forbidden fruit?

They don't even cover this in the anime! Instead, the entire theme has been squashed into a single sentence: "I can revive someone after death." It's almost like an after thought. It's like, 'I can fly, I can summon a giant cake, and oh hey, I can bring people back to life too.' I can't help but feel that they left out a tremendous piece of characterization!

XanthRebornOct 8, 2009 11:39 PM
Oct 8, 2009 10:07 PM

Oct 2009
The scene where Beato flings Rosa into the air and her head gets impaled was awesomely gory, but they censored it. :/ So 4/5. Everything else was awesome, especially Beato showing her unknown, and honestly surprising, moe side.
Oct 9, 2009 1:20 AM

Dec 2007
Not bad besides the usual things lost due to the inability of DEEN to animate the narration correctly from the SN.

*still waiting for the ending of Alliance*

MarthX said:
Preview for 16

another scene of been waiting for is almost up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2009 1:47 AM
Feb 2009

Battler's slap was a great scene. It's nice to finally see him show some genuine disgust at the humor Beato takes in all this. You kind of feel for the guy having to watch his family get tortured in such a way. I really like how humbled Beato got from it. It makes her character seem more childish then outright sinister like we thought. Like there's more behind it than implied. It's made her a touch more interesting.
Oct 9, 2009 2:33 AM
Mar 2008
MarthX said:
Preview for 16

Did I just hear a 24 reference? Jeez, these previews are more off-kilter than Kai's.
Oct 9, 2009 2:34 AM

Oct 2009
Ketuekigami said:
Not bad besides the usual things lost due to the inability of DEEN to animate the narration correctly from the SN.

MarthX said:
Preview for 16

In the preview the 7 seven sisters get to be bunny call girls? O_o Is this some kind fanservice thing I have been taugh? Someone told me about fanservice and am I right that it might be to a extent?

Elika said:

Battler's slap was a great scene. It's nice to finally see him show some genuine disgust at the humor Beato takes in all this. You kind of feel for the guy having to watch his family get tortured in such a way. I really like how humbled Beato got from it. It makes her character seem more childish then outright sinister like we thought. Like there's more behind it than implied. It's made her a touch more interesting.

Hahahaha about the gif is all I have to add.
francismeunierOct 9, 2009 2:38 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 9, 2009 3:19 AM
Jul 2008
Drown in glee, and a big cake. She has bad taste.
Oct 9, 2009 6:15 AM

Apr 2009
Just me or does Beatrice (not eva-beatrice) not act like she has some feelings for battle?
Oct 9, 2009 6:16 AM

Apr 2007
francismeunier said:
Ketuekigami said:

MarthX said:
Preview for 16

In the preview the 7 seven sisters get to be bunny call girls? O_o Is this some kind fanservice thing I have been taugh? Someone told me about fanservice and am I right that it might be to a extent?

Elika said:

The sisters with the bunny ears shown in the preview are different from the 7 stakes.

Oct 9, 2009 6:30 AM
Aug 2009
Splitter said:
URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI

^
this xD
Loved that one I think it gets better and better O_o
Btw eva-berto's killing style is childish :) better do it like kill normal way :D
Berto was acting strange :) does she like Battler?We'll see :) anyways good episode 6 out of 5 :D
Oct 9, 2009 7:05 AM

Oct 2009
Tsunami said:
francismeunier said:
Ketuekigami said:

MarthX said:
Preview for 16

Elika said:

The sisters with the bunny ears shown in the preview are different from the 7 stakes.

You sure? I though I see them in the OP being bunny girls.

Oct 9, 2009 7:56 AM

Jun 2007
LunarEmeraldOct 9, 2009 8:04 AM
Oct 9, 2009 8:10 AM

Apr 2009
Lololol. I don't know if I liked this one o.O Seriously, the ocean of jelly was lolworthy. It felt kind of rushed for me, with the ceremony and stuff...and then Beato was somewhat OOC xD I mean, for me, as I only knew her as she appeared in the previous episodes.

EB seems to represent this kind of childish cruelty...that means some seriously messed-up murders are coming, or am I wrong? XD

But Battler finally slapping Beato (sorry, I know there are many Beato fans reading this, but I can't stand the bitch x__X) was pretty cool.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Oct 9, 2009 8:30 AM

Jan 2009
It's a better episode from the last but somehow i see that the quality is a little bit down.

The first part when Eva finds the gold transition to the rose garden was a bit confusing, and how Rosa solved the epitaph ? Plothole~

EVA-Beatrice is moe, but somehow i haven't used with her voice. Probably will used to it in a few episode like Ronove-Kyon.

Also, the bitchslap scene was excellently made. Moe-Tsundere Beato was shown and once again I was amazed by Ohara Sayaka, this is probably her best role.

Next episode, the Mr.&Mrs. Ushiromiya time, but i don't expect a lot. DEEN always dissapoint me
Oct 9, 2009 8:32 AM

Jul 2007
This show is silly.
Oct 9, 2009 8:39 AM

May 2008
I tink Battler did a good job slapping her, great episode woohoo one i have enjoyed since the first arc

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 9, 2009 8:40 AM

Jun 2007
Scud said:
This show is silly.

You're just now figuring that out?
Oct 9, 2009 8:48 AM

Nov 2008
I liked this episode. This anime is getting better again. New Beatrice is nice :P
I'm still waiting to see what will Bernkastel do tho.
Tosi ystävyys ei jäädy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Oct 9, 2009 8:58 AM
Aug 2009
yamato21 said:
The first part when Eva finds the gold transition to the rose garden was a bit confusing, and how Rosa solved the epitaph ? Plothole~

What happened in the VN:
Rosa gave a hint to Eva, (so Rosa was already close to solving the riddle) and that helped Eva to find the gold faster than Rosa.
Oct 9, 2009 9:03 AM
Oct 2008
I hated Eva Beatrice. Man, she was just annoying >< Her "torture with jelly and cake" was just a failure.
But yay for lady Bernkastel!

And Beatrice got bitchslapped by Battler? Poor thing.. ._.
Oct 9, 2009 9:17 AM

Oct 2009
How come that Beatrice turned out cute and shy? o.O
Eva Beatrice is a total crazy psyco so... i like her xD
This arc is very confusing @.@ Looking forward to the next episode!
Oct 9, 2009 9:28 AM

Jul 2008
haha beatrice as a tsundere xD that was a pretty cool personality change. but eva was cool, didnt expect such a event. but i can see a fight coming between her and beato(?)

Oct 9, 2009 9:48 AM

Jun 2008
Next episode should be awesome. Unless they play suspicion at that part...

But it seems like they are going a bit too slowly. Isn't there a lot of stuff left? I would hate for the end of the arc to be rushed again
Oct 9, 2009 9:56 AM

Jul 2007
HakoTan said:
Ohara is amazing voice actor.

She is, but I'm convinced she gets drunk before recording for Umineko... which is awesome in and of itself.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Oct 9, 2009 9:59 AM

Oct 2009
MarthX said:

Yeah ok but eyes look the same.

Oct 9, 2009 10:39 AM

Apr 2007
hirahira said:
Next episode should be awesome. Unless they play suspicion at that part...

But it seems like they are going a bit too slowly. Isn't there a lot of stuff left? I would hate for the end of the arc to be rushed again

There's 6 more chapters to cover plus the tea parties. The second to last chapter is the longest in this arc, while the last one is only about a minute or two. Based on the next preview, this my prediction of the episode breakdown for the rest of this arc.

Oct 9, 2009 12:44 PM

Feb 2009
Ronove is awesome as usual.

Mindfucked again. Oh well, getting used to it with this show.
Oct 9, 2009 12:59 PM

Jan 2009
Hmm can someone at least explain to me who battler is fighting now, the old beatrice (now beato right?) or the new one?
And the transfer of the title "beatrice" pernament or does it get reset in the next round.

Liked the ep overall it was just a total mindfuck again, i really need to rewatch this serie afterwards.
legolas66106Oct 9, 2009 1:30 PM
Oct 9, 2009 1:10 PM

Jun 2008
You'll find out soon enough :)
Oct 9, 2009 1:13 PM
Sep 2008
Oh Lambda and Beato you. So Tundra.

Eva-Beatrice is still cute as ever. Just her personality...

I didn't like how the episode went out in some parts. Eva-Beatrice skipped on how cruel children can just be and not know it, Battler and Beatrice didn't have a temporary ceasefire when Eva became a witch, among some others.

The worst has to be that they completely ignored Eva's feelings about the gold. At least have a short "Yes, I win!" or something before seeing Rosa. Everything about how they can get out of debt, she can give the gold to George when she's gone, etc etc.

Also, when Beato told Beatrice to stop in the visual novel, didn't she say because someone told her to?
Oct 9, 2009 1:32 PM

Jan 2009
hirahira said:
You'll find out soon enough :)
Ah well looking forward to the next episode(s), like always.
Oct 9, 2009 2:53 PM

Apr 2009
finally we've got to see beato's deredere side. it's so cute.
(URUSAI, URUSAI, URUSAI! Rie Kugimiya Reference FTW)
Oct 9, 2009 2:56 PM

Oct 2007
Eva-Beatrice is crazy! I'm looking forward to see more of her.
I'm not really pleased with this new way (the former) Beatrice is behaving. She's too soft, I liked her when she was merciless. Well it's not like she's merciless now but she's boring like Eva-Beatrice said. :p
Oct 9, 2009 3:05 PM

Nov 2007
Beato had a complete personality change there. Also lolol @ her 3x urusai's.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 9, 2009 5:28 PM

Feb 2009
Vizard said:
Beato had a complete personality change there. Also lolol @ her 3x urusai's.

lol'd at that too. What a tsundere.
Oct 9, 2009 5:48 PM

Jul 2008
Shittiest episode until now. Still, the good points of it:
1. Beato is slapped.
2. Maria is killed.
3. Eva-Beatrice appearance.
Of course, with the good points, come the bad points.
1. Where the hell is the freaking awesome and evil Beato that everyone once knew?
2. Maria was killed by the worst way ever. Where is the fun? ;__;
3. Eva-Beatrice loves cakes.
(4. More child abuse, please.)

So, yeah, my score is 1.
OkuuOct 9, 2009 5:51 PM
Oct 9, 2009 5:54 PM

Apr 2008
Awesome! Maria got killed! I'm a very happy camper now. :P
Oct 9, 2009 5:54 PM

Jun 2008
Why is loving cakes a bad thing?
Oct 9, 2009 5:55 PM
Mar 2009
NoriChan said:
1. Where the hell is the freaking awesome and evil Beato that everyone once knew?

Eva-Beatrice should make up for all that.
Oct 9, 2009 7:05 PM

Jun 2007
Liking cake is a bad point?
Oct 9, 2009 8:09 PM

Aug 2007
Cool, Beatrice gets some depth. Her childishness was getting annoying, although I did like her crazy laugh. Love how she and Eva-Beatrice were just talking all chill with Rosa behind them all impaled on that fence thing. Ronove is pretty much just as awesome as Battler now.
Oct 9, 2009 8:35 PM

Jun 2007
MarthX said:
Preview for 16

So my assumptions on the doors and windows being automatically lockable where true. This makes the key theory moot now. A person doesn't need a key to lock a door after they kill someone. They could plant a key in an envelop, hand it off or place it somewhere, kill whoever they want at anytime, then trigger the auto locks for those rooms. I'm really hoping this isn't the answer though, just seems too obvious.
Oct 10, 2009 2:46 AM
Aug 2009
DeathfireD said:

So my assumptions on the doors and windows being automatically lockable where true. This makes the key theory moot now. A person doesn't need a key to lock a door after they kill someone. They could plant a key in an envelop, hand it off or place it somewhere, kill whoever they want at anytime, then trigger the auto locks for those rooms. I'm really hoping this isn't the answer though, just seems too obvious.

What?
moldy_tomatoOct 10, 2009 2:50 AM
Oct 10, 2009 2:46 AM

Jan 2008
I dunno what to think about Beato's change.
But eh, Battler wouldnt fight anymore...soo...;/
Oct 10, 2009 5:23 AM

Aug 2009
Good episode, I hate Eva-Beato so much though. She's so annoying. >_<
Oct 10, 2009 5:40 AM

Jul 2008
hirahira said:
Why is loving cakes a bad thing?

MarthX said:
Liking cake is a bad point?

Probably I was just being random. But...

Did I miss someone's birthday?

PsychFreak said:
NoriChan said:

Eva-Beatrice should make up for all that.

It should. I was quite excited to Eva-Beatrice to appear, but in the end, the way she was trying to kill Rosa and Maria was... stupid. Eva-Beatrice =/= Beato. I really like both characters, but c'mon, that's ruining the good part of the series.
Oct 10, 2009 6:09 AM

Jun 2007
It's the day Eva Beatrice came into existence. It's the day of her birth.

The way Eva Beatrice kept killing Rosa and Maria was twisted. She was taking Rosa's silly childhood fantasies and turning into a nightmarish reality.

Wanting to fly. Plummeting to the ground
Wanting to swim in a sea of jelly. Drowning in a sea of jelly
Wanting to have mountain of cake. Being crushed by a mountain of cake
LunarEmeraldOct 10, 2009 6:18 AM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.