Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 1, 2014 8:34 PM

Aug 2008
Now we have many admins waitresses, I think it is best to have a thread where we can organize things, of course, normal members can enter the discussions, because we care about what you think :3

Things that members can do without permission (More things will be added as time passes):-
- Making normal threads, which are the threads that are not a game thread, Hot Seat Thread, A certain Anime discussion or an event thread
- Posting in this thread
- Suggest a game thread idea

And here are the waitresses list:-

Monia

Positions:-
- Owner / CEO:-Managing other admins
- Head of marketing:- Public Relations, The Look And Feel of the café (images & thread titles for example), getting new members
- Banned Members Appeals:- Self Explanatory
- Events Approval

Privileges:-
- The only person allowed to create the "Say Something" & "Sweet Chat" threads, set the edition name of "When I say", or change the café details

Other admins:- Serve coffee. (Sorry, I was too lazy to update).

Official Definitions
Normal Thread:- Any thread that is not a game thread thread, event thread, or an anime / discussion thread.

Admins Guide
Each admin must read & know about the things in the following guide, which contains a lot of the things you need to know to do your job:-

❆ Giving Warnings ❆
Every time an admin needs to speak official, he or she will need to use a colored bold text, so that what they say stands out, and it will make sure the member see the post or warning. This is equivalent to the "speaking officially" feature in Reddit.

So far, we have 3 colors for that, depending on the situation:-

Orange for warnings
Like, when a member break any of our rules.

Green for nice things
Like, when you warn a member, using orange, and then he says "I am sorry, I didn't mean it", then you reassure him with green.

Or when you assure people that they are not actually breaking a rule. Or that they can drop a suggestion here, where all the suggestions are welcome.

You can also use that color for welcoming new members. Or any official nice things like that~

Blue for Reminders
Usually, new members tend to make mistakes, so we tend not to give them warning, but to remind them that there are rules here and that they broke them.

Notes:-
- Every time an admin warn a member, he or she must report that in the Waitresses Thread immediately.
- When you give a warning to a member inside a game thread, make sure you make a valid post to avoid interruopting the thread. For example, to give a warning to a member in the "Say Something To The Person Above You Thread, make sure you say something about the person above, then post the warning below that.

❆ Approving Game Threads ❆
Now admins can approve game threads and the like. As long two admins approve a thread, it can go live after it is fully discussed. The goal here it to approve as much threads, and at the same times, members shouldn't wait for their threads to get approved much.

I may veto down a thread idea if there is a good reason for, but I don't think this is going to happen that much.

❆ Admins tasks ❆
To make it more easy to manage the admins activities, I will sometimes post an admin task in this thread, where any free admin can take a task & do it. This is better for admins since some of the their duties, like reporting rules breaking may not always happen. It is also makes it easier to me to know which admins do the most work.

The admin tasks concept is still new, so it will take me some time to do it the best way.

Admin tasks take the following form:-
Admin Task:- If you are reading this, go & hug Monia now, so you would know you have read this. :3

❆ Losing Your Admin Position ❆
If an admin have slacked too much, or is not doing a good job in general, then he or she may get removed from their position. I would never remove an admin because they have a life, so being busy with your life is totally fine, but if someone doesn't really have the time to do their admin job here, it is better he or she resign from their position. Also, depending on your previous activities, I may go lax on you to some extent here.

❆ Creating A New Version Of A Finished Thread ❆
When a new thread reach 10,000 posts, available admins has to create a new version of it. However if two admins created the same thread at the same time, the thread that was created first becomes the official one, unless the other was created by me.

Of course, this rule doesn't apply on the "Say Something" & the "Sweet Chat" threads~
[/spoiler]
SweetMoniaAug 21, 2016 12:09 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (106) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2014 8:35 PM

Dec 2012
So, you finally did it.

This is how it all begins.

My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
Jul 1, 2014 8:38 PM

Aug 2008
I think the best way to start is define the general responsibility of everyone, I will start with my self:-

I will be:-
- Owner.
- Head of marketing
- Public relations, which includes, invites, and the look & feel of the place
- Ban appeal committee.
- Managing other admins.

Be aware that the Monia-only areas are:-
- The café description.
- Edition names
- Threads titles
- Unbanning banned members

I hope I did not forget anything~
Jul 1, 2014 8:38 PM

Aug 2008
TimeToRepent said:
So, you finally did it.
Yeah, I was busy so I couldn't do it~
Jul 1, 2014 8:40 PM

Dec 2012
Seems fine. So, what about us? You´re the creator, we obey ;)

Jul 1, 2014 8:43 PM

Aug 2008
TimeToRepent said:
Okay, bow for me.......... JK.

Your main activity will be activity creator, plus other things, it will help me a lot to tell me(again) what the tasks you want to do the most.

All the admins, including me, will have to do the other chores like enforcing the rules, greeting the new members as much as possible~
Jul 1, 2014 8:46 PM

Feb 2014
I'd like a caffe' latte and a caramel cake please.

Jul 1, 2014 8:48 PM

Dec 2012
SweetMonia said:
TimeToRepent said:
Okay, bow for me.......... JK.

Your main activity will be activity creator, plus other things, it will help me a lot to tell me(again) what the tasks you want to do the most.

All the admins, including me, will have to do the other chores like enforcing the rules, greeting the new members as much as possible~

Okay, let me see:

-Activity creator
-Moral Guard ;) (I´ll be keeping no one is breaking the rules in the forums. In that case, I´ll advise you to ban that user)
-If you want, I could try being a card maker.
-Thread reviver

What do you think about it?

Jul 1, 2014 8:50 PM

Aug 2008
trebmeg said:
I'd like a caffe' latte and a caramel cake please.
Sorry, but this is a stuff thread... In real restaurants, customers don't wander to the waitresses rooms and order things^^
Jul 1, 2014 8:58 PM

Aug 2008
TimeToRepent said:
Okay, let me see:

-Activity creator
-Moral Guard ;) (I´ll be keeping no one is breaking the rules in the forums. In that case, I´ll advise you to ban that user)
-Thread reviver

Hmmmm:-

- Thread reviver is part of the Activity creator.
- Moral guards is part of all admins responsibilities.
- I am honestly against making cards, but I never prohibited anyone from making them, as long I approve them(this is what I told almost anyone who wanted to make them).
Jul 1, 2014 9:00 PM

Aug 2008
trebmeg said:
B-b-but! I'd like a waitress pls.
Sorry, but you can't >.<

And let's keep this thread for café management matters only, of course, members can discuss various things with us here~
Jul 1, 2014 9:03 PM

Dec 2012
SweetMonia said:
TimeToRepent said:
Okay, let me see:

-Activity creator
-Thread reviver

Hmmmm:-

- Thread reviver is part of the Activity creator.
- Moral guards is part of all admins responsibilities.
- I am honestly against making cards, but I never prohibited anyone from making them, as long I approve them(this is what I told almost anyone who wanted to make them).

Let me think a bit more, so...

-Be your right hand?

Jul 1, 2014 9:08 PM

Aug 2008
TimeToRepent said:

-Be your right hand?
Sorry, but Zeros is already my right hand >.<

Also, there are many things I would like to discuss here, and I will post about them one by one~
Jul 1, 2014 9:10 PM

Dec 2012
SweetMonia said:
TimeToRepent said:

-Be your right hand?

Also, there are many things I would like to discuss here, and I will post about them one by one~

Sorry, is hard to think for a specific role for me.

Jul 1, 2014 9:11 PM

Aug 2008
TimeToRepent said:
SweetMonia said:

You already have one, so it is okay~

Plus, when I discuss some of the various things I may try to improve here, you may end up finding something you want to do~
Jul 1, 2014 9:16 PM

Dec 2012
SweetMonia said:
TimeToRepent said:

You already have one, so it is okay~

Plus, when I discuss some of the various things I may try to improve here, you may end up finding something you want to do~

Seems fine.

Jul 2, 2014 9:48 AM

Jan 2013
SweetMonia said:
Now we have many admins waitresses, I think it is best to have a thread where we can organize things, of course, normal members can enter the discussions, because we care about what you think :3

Kakoii ^_^
SweetMonia said:

Waiting to see what you'll post :)
Jul 2, 2014 12:27 PM

May 2011
What's the point of this thread?
Jul 2, 2014 12:50 PM

Aug 2008
natsuzora said:
What's the point of this thread?
This is admins coordination thread, here is where we decide how to run things here~
Jul 2, 2014 5:43 PM

Aug 2008
Here is a repost from what I said in Sweet Chat and what has been done so far:-
Help achieving the following goals:-

• Stop this place from being "Monia's fan club" :- This may or may not be achievable, but we already started on it, like, for having other people to create activities, this place won't fully depend on my existence to be so alive.
  • Revive the hot seat threads:- this is is going well so far, thanks to you people(I am looking at you TimeToRepent :D ), I think the main problem we have is how many people created threads jsut to receive questions, they never asked a single question to anyone, which is why I said we should make the threads be a bit reciprocal, you ask me a question, I ask you one, of course, we wont' be so robotic about this, just enough so the receive-only threads die to make space for then active threads.

Your thoughts guys?
Jul 2, 2014 5:50 PM

May 2011
Some of the hot seat threads are active again. I've posted in a few of them. In regards to Monia's fan club, I did mention my idea for a contest.
Jul 2, 2014 7:01 PM

Dec 2012
SweetMonia said:

• Stop this place from being "Monia's fan club" :- This may or may not be achievable, but we already started on it, like, for having other people to create activities, this place won't fully depend on my existence to be so alive.
  • Revive the hot seat threads:- this is is going well so far, thanks to you people(I am looking at you TimeToRepent :D ), I think the main problem we have is how many people created threads jsut to receive questions, they never asked a single question to anyone, which is why I said we should make the threads be a bit reciprocal, you ask me a question, I ask you one, of course, we wont' be so robotic about this, just enough so the receive-only threads die to make space for then active threads.

Your thoughts guys?

I´ve accomplished if we´re talking about the second item.
About the first item, I was planning to create a new game thread.

Jul 2, 2014 7:42 PM

Aug 2008
TimeToRepent said:
SweetMonia said:

Your thoughts guys?

I´ve accomplished if we´re talking about the second item.
About the first item, I was planning to create a new game thread.
Yeah, which is why I was looking at you, since you helped the most with that~

A new thread? Sure, what is it about?

Also, what do you think about the reciprocal approach I mentioned above?
Jul 2, 2014 7:43 PM

Aug 2008
natsuzora said:
Some of the hot seat threads are active again. I've posted in a few of them. In regards to Monia's fan club, I did mention my idea for a contest.
mhmm, I think it is a great idea if you mention it again here for the other admin~
Jul 2, 2014 8:13 PM

Dec 2012
[quote]
SweetMonia said:

A new thread? Sure, what is it about?

Also, what do you think about the reciprocal approach I mentioned above?

It would be a thread called "LIVE or DIE" (It´s very of me ;)). The rules would be this ones:

-User 1 posts a comment with a random idea, suggestion, type of food, anime, character, etc.
-User 2 must choose If he likes/agrees with that idea or no. If agrees, He must write "LIVE". If no, "DIE". In the same reply, User 2 leaves another idea.
-User 3 does the same as User 2.

And then so.

I know it can sound a bit aggressive with that title, so I request You to modifiy this idea If there are things You don´t like.

PS: I agreed with everything You wrote.

Jul 2, 2014 8:26 PM

Aug 2008
TimeToRepent said:
It would be a thread called "LIVE or DIE" (It´s very of me ;)). The rules would be this ones:

-User 1 posts a comment with a random idea, suggestion, type of food, anime, character, etc.
-User 2 must choose If he likes/agrees with that idea or no. If agrees, He must write "LIVE". If no, "DIE". In the same reply, User 2 leaves another idea.

And then so.

I know it can sound a bit aggressive with that title, so I request You to modifiy this idea If there are things You don´t like.

Yeah, it is a bit aggressive, so it will be nice if you could come up with nicer words, or some people won't post in it(though I understand how much you like DIE ^^), but the idea is good, it has a %50 of surviving on the long run, so we can go with it.
Jul 2, 2014 8:45 PM

Dec 2012
SweetMonia said:
TimeToRepent said:

And then so.

Yeah, it is a bit aggressive, so it will be nice if you could come up with nicer words, or some people won't post in it(though I understand how much you like DIE ^^), but the idea is good, it has a %50 of surviving on the long run, so we can go with it.

Mmmm... what about "Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down"?

Jul 2, 2014 8:48 PM

Aug 2008
TimeToRepent said:
Yeah, something like that, or maybe +1 or -1, since that's less typing for everyone~
Jul 2, 2014 8:55 PM

Dec 2012
SweetMonia said:
TimeToRepent said:
Yeah, something like that, or maybe +1 or -1, since that's less typing for everyone~

Sounds better with that. "Plus one or Minus one?".

Jul 2, 2014 9:04 PM

Aug 2008
TimeToRepent said:
SweetMonia said:

For the title? Yes, I think "Plus One Minus One Thread" is even better^^
Jul 2, 2014 9:08 PM

Dec 2012
SweetMonia said:
TimeToRepent said:

Seems fine. When will we should start it?

Jul 2, 2014 9:14 PM

Aug 2008
TimeToRepent said:
SweetMonia said:

at any time you want, but I feel sleepy and may sleep at any time, so I may not be able to post much in it at the beginning
Jul 2, 2014 9:17 PM

Dec 2012
SweetMonia said:
TimeToRepent said:

at any time you want, but I feel sleepy and may sleep at any time, so I may not be able to post much in it at the beginning

Okay, I´ll start it.
Good night, Monia-hime :)

Jul 2, 2014 9:43 PM

Aug 2008
@TimeTorepend:- Do you think it is a good idea to bump the dead Hot Seat Threads? I personally want most of the receive-only to die, unless their owners revived them themselves
Jul 2, 2014 9:45 PM

Dec 2012
SweetMonia said:
@TimeTorepend:- Do you think it is a good idea to bump the dead Hot Seat Threads? I personally want most of the receive-only to die, unless their owners revived them themselves

Let´s give them 3 more days of life. If their owners doesn´t appear, we´ll delete them.

Or should we advise them before?

Jul 2, 2014 9:47 PM

May 2011
My idea for a contest is, to have people list a favorite monument/ national park from their country. A voting round to see what the club's favorite is.
Jul 2, 2014 9:48 PM

Aug 2008
TimeToRepent said:
SweetMonia said:

Let´s give them 3 more days of life. If their owners doesn´t appear, we´ll delete them.

Or should we advise them before?
I don't think deleting them is a good idea, because some of them get revived miraculously sometimes, plus, it is good to make this a place for people to ask those users questions.

We may need to inform people about the "give & take" thing somehow~
Jul 2, 2014 9:48 PM

Dec 2012
natsuzora said:
My idea for a contest is, to have people list a favorite monument/ national park from their country. A voting round to see what the club's favorite is.

Seems like a good idea. Could we try it with typical foods if not?

Jul 2, 2014 9:49 PM

May 2011
Why not just mark threads as closed if they don't need to be revived and if they don't get revived? Give them a time period to revive the thread though.
Jul 2, 2014 9:49 PM

Aug 2008
TimeToRepent said:
natsuzora said:

Typical food........ +1
Jul 2, 2014 9:51 PM

Aug 2008
natsuzora said:
Why not just mark threads as closed if they don't need to be revived and if they don' get revived?
Because there is still a chance that they get revived. And in the future, we could also find a way to attract these users back to this café, and then they may look for their thread~
Jul 2, 2014 9:58 PM

Dec 2012
SweetMonia said:
natsuzora said:
Why not just mark threads as closed if they don't need to be revived and if they don' get revived?
Because there is still a chance that they get revived. And in the future, we could also find a way to attract these users back to this café, and then they may look for their thread~

Can we PM them?

Jul 2, 2014 9:59 PM

Aug 2008
TimeToRepent said:
SweetMonia said:

Can we PM them?
And tell them what?
Jul 2, 2014 10:01 PM

Dec 2012
SweetMonia said:
TimeToRepent said:

Can we PM them?
And tell them what?

No. Forget it. I was thinking to ask him if they´re intrested to keeping alive their respective Hot Seat threads...

Jul 2, 2014 10:01 PM

Dec 2012
SweetMonia said:
TimeToRepent said:

Typical food........ +1

:D

Jul 2, 2014 10:03 PM

Aug 2008
TimeToRepent said:
SweetMonia said:
And tell them what?

No. Forget it. I was thinking to ask him if they´re intrested to keeping alive their respective Hot Seat threads...
Ah, okay`

I will try to sleep again now~
Jul 2, 2014 10:04 PM

Dec 2012
SweetMonia said:
TimeToRepent said:

Ah, okay`

I will try to sleep again now~

Okay, let´s continue later.

Have a good night, Monia-hime.

Jul 3, 2014 7:20 AM

Jan 2013
TimeToRepent said:
SweetMonia said:

You could add to the reply options in the rules: die or live, +1, -1, thumbs up/down. So people can reply in whichever way they feel like.
SweetMonia said:
I bumped 11 when Monia wanted us to revive them and I even watched them for 1 week, those that did not reply in a week I unwatched the thread. So give me some time tomorrow if I will still have energy I will bump them all and if within a week the OP does not reply I will tag the thread as CLOSED and make a post in that thread to PM me or any mod to re-open it if they want to revive it.
Jul 3, 2014 8:55 AM

Aug 2008
ao_no_exo said:
I bumped 11 when Monia wanted us to revive them and I even watched them for 1 week, those that did not reply in a week I unwatched the thread. So give me some time tomorrow if I will still have energy I will bump them all and if within a week the OP does not reply I will tag the thread as CLOSED and make a post in that thread to PM me or any mod to re-open it if they want to revive it.
Okay, but don't mark them as closed, and let them die peacefully, reviving them should be so easy for the OP in case they wanted to do that~
Jul 6, 2014 12:00 PM

Jan 2013
Lol.. and I left again, but back again. Sorry for that.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (106) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Post your CTRL + V ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Aug 17, 2018

1053 by Ichigo_Magic »»
Yesterday, 3:46 PM

» ^Say something about the cute girl above you V.32:- Princess Lamina Edition ✩☽✩✩ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Apr 8, 2020

5723 by Rasco »»
Mar 27, 5:17 PM

» When I say __________ What's the first thing that comes to mind V.11:- Nihaha~ Edition~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Jan 19, 2019

5750 by SweetMonia »»
Mar 26, 9:54 PM

» Who am I????????؟؟؟؟ - Guess The Anime Character... ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Jul 26, 2013

3509 by Cinna »»
Nov 13, 2023 5:11 AM

Sticky: » My new cat =(*.*)= ( 1 2 )

SweetMonia - Mar 7, 2015

90 by SweetMonia »»
Aug 10, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.