Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 1, 2014 5:38 PM

Apr 2014
I'm gonna straightforward here this anime is bullshit and it had huge potential too.
I'm screaming bullshit each episodes as the Last boss or whatever in Episode 13 was handled poorly and I can count how many attacks was given.I think it was 4-5 Attacks made... o_o and I screamed another bullshit at Rentarou for being such a pussy and not siding with Kisara.The guy was a huge scumbag and it was understandable that he deserved that death at this point Kagetane and Kohina can't save the anime anymore.Even Kagetane is desperately trying to make Rentarou a Anti- hero Which is by the way would have been infinitely interesting than he is right now and I personally think if he did became an anti hero he could saved those pointless,irrelevant,Low jab to make you cried but failed miserably because you don't give a shit,Poorly handled deaths.There's so much deaths that Its like there's a Sneaky sniper and you don't know where its coming from but you already know someone is gonna die in the next episode.At this point I won't even be surprised if some Random pebble came falling out of the sky and pierced Tina's skull and killed her.
I'm not looking forward to a season two and if you are I'm asking you to have a fist fight with me outside in broad daylight(this is a joke don't take it seriously) but I will still watch the next season if Its not fixed with Proper pacing and removed the dumbass Enju and Rentarou and Make Kagetane the protagonist.Hell I would even watch a Side story about the Kagetane pair.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 1, 2014 5:47 PM
May 2014
The hate is strong here, although justitfied. Nice attempt at troll title there.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 2, 2014 5:57 AM

Jan 2013
Only if Kisara is the MC and not the trash in Season one. I tried really hard to stand by Rentarou's side but after watching near the end of Episode 13 at the Doujo I completely dislike him now. This guy's perverse sense of justice from a corrupt society and world setting has ended up with so many people dying by his decision and he's bitching about what happened at the Doujo? What that excuse of a man?

This is like real life where white collars don't see real justice and either gets off easily or let go altogether after the destruction left behind by those who were victims. Facepalm worthy... I can't remember the last time I turned 360 on a MC.
Jul 2, 2014 6:03 AM

Feb 2012
I don't care about season 2. Season 1 was a huge letdown!

Jul 2, 2014 6:37 AM

Feb 2014
More looking forward for a remake

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
あなたも… 私 “たち” の中に… 取り込んであげる。
Jul 2, 2014 1:24 PM

Mar 2013
Hater gonna Hate.
Jul 2, 2014 3:16 PM

Oct 2010
What the fuck is wrong with spring 2014 anime , first brynhildr in darkness and now black bullet too...last epi was a let down though not as much as that of brynhildr in darkness
Jul 2, 2014 6:29 PM

Jan 2013
Hater gonna hate, troll gonna troll.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Jul 2, 2014 6:31 PM

Jun 2009
Slice-of-Life spinoff will attract more people.
The one thing that I'd love to see is a lesbian yandere.
Jul 2, 2014 7:03 PM

Apr 2014
I'm not either a troll or a Hater.I'm just stating the fact that Season one is bullshit and I made it perfectly clear that it had a lot of potential but was ruined by its directors.
While I'm not that looking forward to a Season two I will still watch it regardless since I am interested in the story despite Rentarou is such a little bitch and Season one ended with a Grown man Crying in the lap of a 10 year old girl.

Jul 2, 2014 7:35 PM

Dec 2012
NeutralSide said:
Season one ended with a Grown man Crying in the lap of a 10 year old girl.
What's wrong with that?
Jul 2, 2014 11:32 PM

Nov 2013
10/10 would read again.
Jul 2, 2014 11:36 PM

Dec 2012
I am looking forward for a reboot, not for a season 2.
I like anime.
Jul 2, 2014 11:38 PM

Jan 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
NeutralSide said:
Season one ended with a Grown man Crying in the lap of a 10 year old girl.
What's wrong with that?

Lol grimdark anime fans unite
Jul 2, 2014 11:50 PM
Mar 2014
I agree. This show had a lot of potential to be a great anime but decided to take the same route as Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou and pack everything into the final few episodes.. I would like it very much if it got a reboot but definitely not a second season...
Jul 3, 2014 12:36 AM

Dec 2012
alexlupu said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
What's wrong with that?

Indeed, what's wrong with that? They only have each other, they don't have anyone left. What's wrong with expressing his feelings for the closest person to his heart?
I'll just go ahead and copy/paste my thoughts but the way I see it -

In the early episodes, Rentarou told Kayo that she should never get used to killing. In contrast, Rentarou has lost so many comrades that when he heard that the train was delayed because of a fatal accident (aka someone dying), the first thing that popped into his mind was "Seriously? Now I'm late." And moments later he realized that he's become too used to people dying around him and has become desensitized to it. He's been a Stonewall most of the series so when he thought of all of his fallen comrades he finally broke down. What's more, he's afraid that the day when he loses Enju could come at any time and he's cherished her the most.

Combine this with the lovely ending theme and this was probably one of my favorite scenes in the show. Ah but watch out, now I'm an angsty pseudo-edgy kid who thinks I survived Vietnam and Normandy by watching Black Bullet.
Jul 3, 2014 1:05 AM
Jul 2014
God this was a good anime not a lot of animes can execute well with an apolitical scenario kinda don't like the lollies part but what ever it was animated well and who cares more bosses more action
Jul 3, 2014 8:59 AM

Jun 2014
Actually I would like to look forward to season 2, but I don't really like Black Bullet, so no Season 2 is fine with me.
Jul 3, 2014 9:03 AM

Dec 2013
I actually enjoyed it a lot, but i'm aware of it's flaws and issues, but yes, i would like a S2
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jul 3, 2014 11:11 AM

Mar 2013
More Kagetane can't be bad, so yes.
Jul 3, 2014 7:46 PM

May 2013
Well if you really hate the anime then read the freakin novel and stop complaining. I read the novel and I still enjoyed Black Bullet and also wants to have a season 2 but they need to change their pace of adaptation especially on the next volumes because its gonna be sick :)
Tch.
Jul 4, 2014 7:23 AM

Aug 2013
Are you looking forward to a Season Two?

Yes ! why ? because its awesome
Jul 4, 2014 7:25 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sure why not, pacing issues aside it was a very entertaining show
Jul 4, 2014 7:27 AM

Jan 2013
all this bullshit aside, this show has no chance of a second season.

it is a massive flop.
Jul 6, 2014 8:45 AM

Apr 2011
I actually enjoyed this show alot, i would love a second season.
Jul 6, 2014 12:43 PM

Feb 2013
SolviteSekai said:

it is a massive flop.

Agreed. It wouldn't make sense from a business standpoint to invest in this anime after seeing how it was received by the majority.
Jul 6, 2014 2:55 PM

Feb 2014
SolviteSekai said:

it is a massive flop.

Well, quite a massive one in fact. So, if there's a god somewhere, please prevent a second season of Back Bullet, you've already punished us with season1 :)
Jul 7, 2014 3:27 AM
Jul 2018
Well, objectively speaking, the BD/DVD sales for the first volume is expected to sell around 2,000 units, which is relatively low if you want a second season. I apparently follow someone in Twitter who is known to gather objective data about units sold when it comes to BD/DVD sales, so he'll give more details on that.

Now, as for the light novel source, it experienced an 80% increase of sales (about 12k unit increase), so you need to factor that in as well.

Thus being said, I'm personally satisfied with the ending, as it wasn't a cliffhanger ending. While I do personally want a second season myself (since the anime actually cut out a lot of exposition that left several plot points unclear), the light novel is ongoing with the author making 2 volume story arcs (the anime covers up to volume 4, with volumes 5 and 6 being a single story arc and volume 7 being out which would most likely be another 2 volume story arc).

Thus being said, you'd probably may not want to look forward to a second season. This is because the light novel author is not only a sadist, but he's known for his trollish plotlines.

Jul 8, 2014 8:23 PM
Jul 2018
Okay, got the objective statistics here, the first volume sold around 2.9k units. You can kiss any chance of Black Bullet getting a second season or an English dub goodbye (as you need like 4-5k units sold per volume to warrant a second season, and I never saw an anime that sold less than 4k units per volume get an English dub in the North American release):

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-07-08/japan-animation-dvd-ranking-june-30-july-6/.76432
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-07-08/japan-animation-blu-ray-disc-ranking-june-30-july-6/.76431
Jul 9, 2014 11:22 AM

Nov 2007
too much focus on stupid annoying lolis.
Jul 9, 2014 11:23 AM

Jan 2013
thens said:
SolviteSekai said:

it is a massive flop.

Well, quite a massive one in fact. So, if there's a god somewhere, please prevent a second season of Back Bullet, you've already punished us with season1 :)

Actually I was wrong. The show didn't flop by any means, but I doubt there will be a sequel.

DarkPaladinX said:
Okay, got the objective statistics here, the first volume sold around 2.9k units. You can kiss any chance of Black Bullet getting a second season or an English dub goodbye (as you need like 4-5k units sold per volume to warrant a second season, and I never saw an anime that sold less than 4k units per volume get an English dub in the North American release):

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-07-08/japan-animation-dvd-ranking-june-30-july-6/.76432
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-07-08/japan-animation-blu-ray-disc-ranking-june-30-july-6/.76431

With this many young girls the english dub would be horrible anyway.
Jul 9, 2014 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
SolviteSekai said:

With this many young girls the english dub would be horrible anyway.

English dubs don't suck when it comes to dubbing lolis in anime. In fact, the guys who licensed this series for North American home video release (Sentai Filmworks) are known to be extremely good at dubbing lolis in anime. Heck, two voice actresses who normally work with Sentai Filmworks (Monica Rial and Hilary Haag), are often typecast into lolis.

BTW, this is NOT an accusation of someone hating dubs, but you're statement kinda make me assume otherwise.
Jul 9, 2014 1:51 PM

Jun 2013
Well I enjoyed the show so I'm definitely looking forward to a season 2 but it all really depends on the sales and how popular it is in Japan.
Jul 10, 2014 4:26 AM

Jan 2008
No, I am not. Rentarou is the DUMBEST protagonist I've seen in a long time. He's good in a fight, but otherwise he's USELESS. He can't finish anyone off. He should have killed grandpa Tendou after the Kagetane incident, but no, let him try and destroy the city again. He should have killed that asshole with the glasses after the Tina incident, but no, let him try and fuck up our plan. He's USELESS.
Jul 10, 2014 5:51 AM
Aug 2012
radle said:
This is like real life...

Error: Invalid argument.

I enjoyed this anime, and looking forward to a season 2, if it comes out. I though it was awesome and the ending was good.
Jul 11, 2014 2:16 AM

Nov 2012
This anime is rushed. And yes, I agree this anime has a potential. Zan'nen. I will still watch second season if it aired but no second season is also fine with me.
Jul 11, 2014 12:54 PM

Sep 2008
Tuesday because so sad without Black Bullet...
I really miss this series!
Really hope there will be 2nd season!
Jul 11, 2014 3:56 PM

Sep 2008
~30% of the time felt like worth watching
the rest was ... ughh
There are a few interesting bits, The masked guy and his connection to Rentarou , the Varanium gear and the special martial art fighting style and Shouma , Kisara and her clan's affair /
but the main focus is moe monster mutated girls with awful behavior - annoyance on the max and brainless bugs attacking for who knows what reason //i didnt read the manga but the anime was really just airrr :/ the emotional moments seemed forced too
In other words ... not in for a second ride :(
~_~ !
Jul 20, 2014 8:55 AM
Jun 2014
Absolutely yes.

This anime has it own potential and why not they use it to entertain people all around the world...
Jul 21, 2014 7:43 AM

Nov 2013
Ahmad_0_0 said:
Absolutely yes.

This anime has it own potential and why not they use it to entertain people all around the world...
Ehh I don't know maybe because first season was a terrible adaptation and a waste of the potential the series has and should get a remake before a second season?
BotatoJul 22, 2014 11:34 AM
Jul 22, 2014 10:47 AM
Apr 2011
lol got sick watching this sh!t, second season dont joke like that someone will believe and commit suicide.
Jul 22, 2014 7:10 PM

Jan 2014
Would be nice if the pacing is good.
Jul 22, 2014 9:44 PM
Jun 2013
i dont mind, i just want to know whats gonna happen next.

but srsly dat pacing tho
Jul 23, 2014 1:10 PM

Apr 2014
The ending ruined the whole series for me so if there actually would be a season 2 I wouldn't watch it because nothing can clean up that horrible ending. But season isn't going to happen. Thank god.
Jul 28, 2014 5:00 PM

Jul 2014
I enjoyed this series. Sure the pacing and CGI was crappy but it was still a good anime nonetheless. I would like to see a season two with 24 episodes. I know season 1 would of benefitted greatly from that.
Jul 28, 2014 6:26 PM

Aug 2012
If only Kagetane was Hisoka, but alas he is not.
Aug 21, 2014 4:59 AM

Nov 2013
laldonkaments said:
Would watch a 2nd season simply for more Kagetane and out of sheer curiosity:
Oh I can try to predict some of them:
Aug 26, 2014 4:56 PM

Jan 2012
I'd really like a 2nd season of this actually, was surprisingly enjoyable to watch except the tons of plot holes. A friend said they already got the funds for a 2nd season but haven't announced it yet (duh!) can anyone confirm this?

Anyway, 9/10 because of Shoma's stupid plastic sun protection hat that took the seriousness out of EVERY scene with him. I enjoyed it regardless even though everything you guys mentioned is true. Plenty of plot holes. I never understood why Kagetane helped Satomi out, wasn't Garatea overrunning humanity exactly what he wanted at first? And what the hell was that 2nd half of the last episode?
Trial by combat? Kinda failed attempt to cramp everything into 13 episodes, the first 4 episodes could've made for a whole season already.
Aug 26, 2014 9:24 PM
Jul 2018
Nendz said:
I'd really like a 2nd season of this actually, was surprisingly enjoyable to watch except the tons of plot holes. A friend said they already got the funds for a 2nd season but haven't announced it yet (duh!) can anyone confirm this?

Anyway, 9/10 because of Shoma's stupid plastic sun protection hat that took the seriousness out of EVERY scene with him. I enjoyed it regardless even though everything you guys mentioned is true. Plenty of plot holes. I never understood why Kagetane helped Satomi out, wasn't Garatea overrunning humanity exactly what he wanted at first? And what the hell was that 2nd half of the last episode?
Trial by combat? Kinda failed attempt to cramp everything into 13 episodes, the first 4 episodes could've made for a whole season already.

It wouldn't make sense to confirm a second season this soon. The anime covered the first four volumes worth of light novels and the author already finished writing the 7th volume (with the 8th one probably coming soon since the 7th volume is start of a two volume story arch). If you really want a second season, then we need to wait for the light novel author to finish the 8th volume (which by the way, volumes 5 & 6 is it's own 2 volume story arch, and volumes 7 & 8 it's own separate story arch). Episodes 1-4 covered the the first volume, 5-7 second volume, and 8-13 volumes 3 & 4. Now if you want a two-cour second season, then we'll have to wait until the author finishes the 12th volume (which by the way, in the rate he's going, it would be around 2017).

That being said, you guys would probably hate the series more if a second season were to pop up since volumes 5 & 6 storyarch is known to be very controversial among the light novel readers. Then again, I'll leave the light novel discussions in another thread, since this discussion is about the anime only.
Aug 27, 2014 6:05 AM

Mar 2008
No, just no. Rentarou is one of most annoying protagonists ever. I would probably watch if they make some spin off where Kagetane and Kisara are MC and Rentaro is only side character, but 12 more episodes of ultra stupid and annoying MC? No thanks.
But in the end, i know that second season wont happen for sure.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

191 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 16, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

434 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 14, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2014

397 by Karva1 »»
Mar 3, 7:32 AM

Poll: » Best Girl? ( 1 2 3 )

Blind_Guardian - May 17, 2014

105 by proxima16 »»
Dec 22, 2023 6:47 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

520 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.