Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
what do you prefer?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 5, 2014 9:07 AM

Jan 2013
The CGI isn't that bad. Now, Shaft's CGI for mekaku city actors, that was bad.
The problem here is that it stands out too much.
Please understand.
Jul 5, 2014 9:28 AM

Jan 2010
Kuromii said:
The new one would have been lovely if they hadn't gone with the cheap, ugly cgi.

this
Jul 5, 2014 9:30 AM

Jan 2013
Fai said:
xXWoLFxChAoSXx said:
Never watched the original anime, but the new transformation is far better than the old one. How is a well done CGI animation worse than 2d stock footage? I don't understand you MAL...

It's mal.

MAL rules:
Everything cgi is evil.
Everything progressive is evil. God forbid someone adds same sex relationships to the show.
Characters showing human emotions makes them whiny. Especially if they are female.
For character to be cool he/she has to be sociopath with no human empathy nor logical human reactions to its surroundings.
If the show does not have moe or lolis its not a good show.
If its not an overrated LN adaptation. Its not a good show.
RLinksoul said:
It's better suited for an upbeat cutesy show like that, but Sailor Moon had a softer feminine charm to it.

Considering the original true sailor moon, not counting messed up anime adaptation, is still one of the most gender-norm-breaking things japan ever written, that's okay.

The transformation has to be elegant, not really "feminine". We have girls dressing like boys, girls dressing like girls, girls liking girls, girls liking boys, girls liking both, boys transforming into girls and vice-versa, etc.

The scout transformations draw inspiration from tokusatsu shows and shonen genre. It IS supposed to be brash and energetic. The scouts do not throw pretty hearts at villains or redeem them(despite what previous adaptation tried to show you)with love - they stab you with swords and kill the fuck out of you with elemental attacks.

How is this even sort of true?

Mal is in love with ufotable who throw CGI in everything.

Get off your fanboy soap box and calm the fuck down.
Jul 5, 2014 9:34 AM

Mar 2013
I hated the new one. CGI is soooo bad OMG.

I think it was the only thing I didn't like in this remake.
Jul 5, 2014 9:34 AM

May 2008
I like the old series list but the new one is not bad, at least they inspirit the anime once again..
Jul 5, 2014 9:37 AM

Mar 2013
mangamuscle said:
Ughh, those spaghetti arms and legs, the new transformation sequence extols anorexia >_<

yeah '-'

Toei pls --'
Jul 5, 2014 10:12 AM

Apr 2009
I think I will always love the old one. I was excited to hear it was CGI and how the creators wanted to do it so they could move freely around them as they transform, but I have mixed feelings. For example, when did her arms and legs get so... long and flexible? I did like parts like the 3D effect when she twirls and her tiara appears. I just keeping thinking how the other senshi will look. Very cautious.
Jul 5, 2014 10:13 AM

Dec 2011
that new transformation is ugly as hell
Jul 5, 2014 10:41 AM

Sep 2011
Not gonna lie, the CG look a lot better than all the other anime that have used CG (that I have seen) over the years.
Jul 5, 2014 11:15 AM

Feb 2011
the old one... dat 3d thing pf horrible CGI
Jul 5, 2014 11:15 AM

Jan 2013
OriginANIME said:
Not gonna lie, the CG look a lot better than all the other anime that have used CG (that I have seen) over the years.

No it doesnt.
Jul 5, 2014 12:38 PM

Oct 2010
WildGirlViki said:
No metter what they do, the old will always be better. I'm sorry, I can see they tried, but the old one is a classic. I was wondering if I should even watch this new version since I'm an old fan. I will watch it but all the CGI and the new music....I don't know...What was wrong with Moon Desentsu? It was great, they should have just made a cover.... Yes, I am biased towards the old one :D

Momoiro Clover Z did do a cover, it's on the tribute album, and it's mediocre at best. They definitely would need a different artist to have kept Moonlight Densetsu.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Jul 5, 2014 12:51 PM

Jul 2010
I prefer old one to be honest.It feels more classy and doesn't use bad CGI.

OriginANIME said:
Go watch Sidonia no Kishi or Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio.Even Fate/Zero had some good CGI moments.
Jul 6, 2014 4:08 AM

Jun 2008
For the love of god.....PLEASE have at least ONE sequence or something with Moonlight Desetsu!
Jul 6, 2014 10:11 AM

Feb 2009
I think the old one is much better.
Jul 7, 2014 2:41 PM
Mar 2013
JustALEX said:
For the love of god.....PLEASE have at least ONE sequence or something with Moonlight Desetsu!
I feel the same way. It just isn't Sailor Moon without it. Just once would be enough. Perhaps they will use it at the very last episode for dramatic impact like how the original Sailor Moon ended.
Jul 7, 2014 5:50 PM

Jul 2008
SolviteSekai said:
OriginANIME said:

No it doesnt.

Yeah seriously. This is actually one of the worst examples I have seen.
Jul 7, 2014 8:02 PM

Sep 2011
Fai said:
Only in mal would a top of the line computer animation procedure would be considered "cheaper" as 2d stock footage.Only in mal.

Anyway, the comparisons do not really matter since we will see the sequence itself once maybe twice through the whole show - same for the others.

3D is cheaper and less time consuming than animating by hand. The CGI they used looked like shit, the Ultimate Ninja Storm games look better than that. The actual animation was good, just wish it was hand drawn.
Jul 7, 2014 8:58 PM

Jun 2011
You know what, given the fact that it was Toei and the fact that they are in charge of the Precure shows, I'd expect them to have really good CG, I mean Precure ending CG is just so much better at least it looks a bit more realistic. The way they animated Usagi is just bad, I don't know if its because she looks skinnier than a barbie doll or what, but its just a little to unappealing for my standards, but its definitely not the worse CG I've seen.
Jul 14, 2014 7:12 PM

Jul 2009
The CGI transformation was actually pretty good!! Even though i wish they made it 2D like what Precure does and only do CGI when using a new attacks or so.

Though i love the added small details like Usagi's nail's being sparkly and how you can still see her White Pantsu during the transformation while in the old one she's already dress out of nowhere etc.

Though i do wonder why Toei has been making a lot of CGI's in their Mahou anime's. I know it started in Fresh Precure, but i really love the 2D Animation much better just to be consistent with the whole episode.

I know people will complained about the CGI transformations, but you'll get used to it like i did in Precure.

Hard to choose, but i'll go with New just to balance the votes :P
Jul 28, 2014 9:09 PM
Sep 2007
I like Usagi's transformation better in 90s series, but that's also because of Arisawa's background music which is really memorable.

As for Ami, her transformation seems more noticeable in Crystal.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2015

41 by Eziprez »»
Feb 24, 7:25 PM

» Am I the only one who finds Sailor Moon more "traditionally girly" than Tokyo Mew Mew?

removed-user - Jan 18

1 by a0t3a »»
Jan 19, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2015

40 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 2, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

37 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

32 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.