Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Soul Eater NOT!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 2, 2014 4:09 PM

Sep 2013
Wow, BONES, what the fuck? Ok either the Shaula they fought was merely some sort of human puppet who was being controlled and aided with magic combat by Shaula or BONES fucked up by putting a Kishin egg soul where Shaula's Witch soul shouldve been. And also, that ending was pretty... no way to put it nicely, it was bad. Shaula was completely worthless for a Witch, if she truly was the Witch Shaula Gorgon.
Humza_96 said:
Even if she ate the soul she wouldn't get stronger, would she?

In the original Soul Eater didn't it say that you have to eat 99 other souls then 1 witch soul and then you become a Death Meister.

1) its Death Scythe and 2) we dont actually know what would happen if a Weapon ate a Witch's soul before collecting the 99 Kishin egg souls. The whole point of the 99+1 mission is for Shibusen students to gain the power and experience through the 99 to face and defeat a single Witch, who are seen as evil in Shinigami-sama's world, who strategically also gains a Weapon powerful enough to be used against all future Kishin. Technically speaking, a Weapon COULD consume 1 or even dozens of Witches' souls before reaching 100 and simply be an incredibly awesome Weapon with up to dozens of unique abilities that were characteristic of the consumed Witches. But I can only assume that would be an option after the 1st Witch soul was confiscated by Shinigami-sama like in the manga, who returns the soul to the Meister and Weapon upon completion of the 99.
Hameyadea said:
but the ending felt "anime-original", and that's too bad.

It certainly did, didnt it? Well, now that scanlators picked up the manga again, Im gonna go find out how this really went down.
Jul 2, 2014 4:24 PM

Jun 2012
Tsugumi choosing both of them was quite predictable. I just couldn't see this anime not having a "happy ending". Not completely satisfied, but overall the series was a nice spin-off, enjoyable to watch.
Jul 2, 2014 4:44 PM

Dec 2013
I was disappointed with this last episode, I dunno, it was a very "fairy tale" ending, like "and they live happily ever after".

Thought tsugumi would choose one of them to be her partner and defeat the witch was so easy, looked like that in the end it was no big deal, losing to simply NOT students.

Oh, speaking of NOT, I also thought very excessive protagonism the three of them achieve the resonance of souls, as if it were the simplest thing in the world to do. Overall a fine series that i enjoyed.
Jul 2, 2014 5:51 PM
Oct 2010
A really pleasant final episode, I didn't like it as much as the manga so far(which is more enjoyable than Soul Eaterto me in general), but the insight in the world of Soul Eater, previous events and just seeing a weaker cast barely make it as a more powerful cast having a supporting role was good.

I see a lot of people concerned with a NOT beating a witch, but I argue that the fight hopefully makes more sense the manga and that just because a character is more powerful doesn't mean that they take a loss (even if I can see the DEM on display). There are weaker witches in the series as well and none of us would doubt that Medusa was on the higher end but she still wouldn't have a nice time if he was attacked by something while unprepared...

Also, it is quite amusing that both Soul Eater and NOT!'s animes ended with DEM laden victories. :P

Cloudy-Sky said:
The battle vs the witch was uber shitty. Plot armor lvl over 9000. Anyways the rest of it was cute :3 Overall i enjoyed this. I laughed a lot, it had it's action moments and I enjoyed seeing the old cast again (rarely though). Just for the record it Soul Eater Not had godlike OP and ED songs damn i listen to them everyday

I'm more curious about the plot armour that prevented Lord Death/Shinigami-sama from coming in and giving Shaula a Death Chop or two, those three somehow not getting hit or targetted by anything lethal.

That said, given that they don't have a single appearance in Soul Eater's manga while Akane and Clay do,we could have had something a little more fatal happening perhaps even deaths. Since the manga had four or five volumes, I imagine we are missing out on something and may have a slightly different end.

Humza_96 said:
Even if she ate the soul she wouldn't get stronger, would she?

In the original Soul Eater didn't it say that you have to eat 99 other souls then 1 witch soul and then you become a Death Meister.

A Death Scythe, but otherwise yes. She should become stronger I think but the other souls would be needed to become a death scythe and probably they are needed in that order.

DawnJ said:
Still, we can agree that it's better than Soul Eater anime ending.

Damn straight, even ignoring that manga it was dumb.
Jul 3, 2014 3:14 AM

Jan 2011
i enjoyed this show somehow. i like „slice of life“ so this wasnt a bad aspect of the show. and they also build up well a nice little enemy problem. it didnt feel out of place or over the top or something like that (e.g. Freezer destroying the world …). it was just nice and fitting. ^^ i have no problem seeing such a concept within a well known existing universe like „soule eater“ as i would not have a problem with a funny side show within e.g. the „cowboy bebop“ universe or some other more serious show. ehm … animation style was good except some fight scenes. they could have done it better, especially the last fight with Shaula. Anyas first demonstration of her skill in the first episode was awesome but we didnt see anything like that again in the show (maybe the short training session in the backyard but not the big fights) … =/ anyway, it wasnt the main aspect of the show so thats somehow okay i think. seiyuus were great. i like Anyas voice alot. i cant remember the OST, but op and ed songs were great and i enjoyed them every episode (and many times on my mobile device, both are in my hall of fame). ^^ overall i would give this show 0,84 or 0,83. great show. =)
Jul 3, 2014 3:48 AM

Apr 2011
It was good. Fun, cute and lighthearted.

7/10
Jul 3, 2014 7:49 AM

Mar 2012
Well.....

At least way better than the final episode of the original Soul Eater.

7/10
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jul 3, 2014 7:58 AM
Jan 2014
Pretty cute ending.

That kiss though, at first I though Tsugumi was going to try to stab Meme, when she gulped that antidote.

It's a good spin off, I am yet to watch the original though. I really liked the OP, as well.

The end line was pretty satisfactory. Gagantous!
Jul 3, 2014 9:46 AM

Apr 2013
What a silly pair this series has produce.
And Shaula actually has a lot of chances to off those 3 easily. Screw plot armor.
Jul 3, 2014 2:28 PM

Jun 2010
I'm pretty disappointed considering that I liked the original Soul Eater. 5/10
Jul 3, 2014 5:24 PM

Dec 2012
It had some decent moments, but still not good enough. overall 6/10
Jul 3, 2014 8:14 PM

Apr 2012
8/10, enjoyable series!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jul 3, 2014 8:26 PM
Aug 2011
I would never consider this a good show but I do have a deep fondness for the Soul Eater universe which helps me overlook some of those negative things about it.

Meme is a shitty character that almost ruined the series for me.
Anya however, has found a place in my heart.

When Kana was attacking with her cards :)
Jul 3, 2014 10:18 PM

Aug 2012
Makes no sense that a couple of NOT students could beat a witch that killed Sid who was like super powerful and stuff
Like what the heck? Still was an enjoyable show
Jul 4, 2014 6:34 AM
Sep 2013
1.KKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOO KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN (My husband came!)
2. When did it become yuri?
Jul 4, 2014 10:32 AM

Oct 2011
Power of love and friendship defeats Shaula
Jul 4, 2014 12:55 PM

Mar 2008
Am i the only one who has noticed how this and original anime have discrepancies? At the end we all see that Liz and Patty have joined Death the Kid so you would think this is a prequel, right? And then I remembered that Sid sensei is killed yet he was in original series so this anime cant be nor sequel nor prequel, right? :S
Unless Dr Stein saved him somehow but it wasnt revealed. :S
Anyway they should have made second season of original series instead trying to make Railgun version of SE imho. But not bad anime for passing time and enjoying those cameos xD
Jul 4, 2014 2:03 PM
Sep 2012
Deadhouse said:
Am i the only one who has noticed how this and original anime have discrepancies? At the end we all see that Liz and Patty have joined Death the Kid so you would think this is a prequel, right? And then I remembered that Sid sensei is killed yet he was in original series so this anime cant be nor sequel nor prequel, right? :S
Anyway they should have made second season of original series instead trying to make Railgun version of SE imho. But not bad anime for passing time and enjoying those cameos xD

Sid was a zombie in the original series.So it makes sense that he died in the prequel.
As for the show i give it 6,5-7/10 because it was enjoyable to watch but not something special.

I hope they remake the original soul eater series now that the manga has ended.Defeating the kishin with the power of love is so lame.
Jul 4, 2014 11:36 PM

Mar 2008
Honestly I cannot believe they made Tsugumi fly before even being able to create a blade on her halberd. As far as I remember Soul couldn't even get flying down once he became a death weapon. The progression on Tsugumi in such a short time with no real combat experience was simply far too much to be believable. It honestly killed the ending for me a bit.

Still a decent show at 7/10 for me.
Jul 4, 2014 11:46 PM

Jan 2013
luffy1908 said:
Defeating the kishin with the power of love is so lame.

It was not even the power of love.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 5, 2014 12:50 AM
Sep 2012
DawnJ said:
luffy1908 said:
Defeating the kishin with the power of love is so lame.

It was not even the power of love.

Power of friendship? I deleted the end from my brain and started the manga when i finished the anime some years ago :P
luffy1908Jul 5, 2014 12:53 AM
Jul 5, 2014 1:03 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

Final Round that has nothing to bombastic, as I thought and proved, the epilogue is discounted.
Anime that I liked for its vein slice of life, useless to be illusions.
Cute characters and a thousand moe, shame about the scontatezza the final, I would have raised a half point on the final vote, oh well!
Animations and drawings are not to massino the chance by the studio Bones, but the character design is very cute. Very beautiful the opening and the ending of the series, scenery quite nice and manicured.
The prettiest of all the characters, for me, is definitely Altair! : 3
Final score of 6/10!

I wonder if they will make a sequel ...
Jul 5, 2014 10:46 AM

Sep 2013
Deadhouse said:

How. Just HOW can people be TWELVE episodes in and not figure out the timeline. NOT begins before the original but then runs ALONGSIDE the original since episode 9 or 10 of NOT. NOT ENDS between episode 3 and 4 of the original.

As far as Kid's entourage goes, Liz and Patty are only in Death City BECAUSE of Kid. Prior to meeting him, the Thompsons had never left Brooklyn, New York. The reason they were always separate from Kid was because they committed tons of felonies and needed to properly atone for that if they wanted to remain in the presence of Shinigami-sama. Even before we meet them in NOT, Kid and Liz and Patty have already been partners for a while.

Lastly, Sid and Stein. You do know that Stein's first name is Franken, right? "Franken Stein" ring any bells? Stein could reanimate Sid at any time he wanted as his namesake is legendary for doing so.
Jul 6, 2014 2:36 AM
Jun 2013
This was really cute and more of a slice of life than action, which is quite understandable for spin-off, but I couldn't get the annoying voice of the MC out of my head. Plus the fact that it was too short.

I give it 4/10.

Jul 6, 2014 12:11 PM

Jan 2012
Choosing < 2 heroines = bad end

NOT shounen out of 10
NoobHunterDJul 6, 2014 12:15 PM
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jul 6, 2014 11:37 PM

Jan 2008
BULL!!! SHIT! One of the Gorgon sisters would NOT go down that way.
I was expecting some intervention by someone who actually had the power to take down a witch, like maybe their fighting alerts them to Shaula's location, but this is bullshit.
Jul 7, 2014 2:46 PM

Jul 2008
Tsugumi should have eaten Shaula's soul....it looked cute as a balloon, though. Her hair also looks way better down. Also, I loved her hoodie at the end of the ED.
Jul 8, 2014 5:26 AM

Aug 2008
I forgot that weapons could eat souls lol. Wish we saw Tsugumi do that.

The ending wasn't the best, but it wasn't bad. I don't know when this happened, but I was really sad seeing all these characters go. I'm going to miss my weekly dose of Kim x jacqueline :(
Jul 8, 2014 8:26 AM

Dec 2009
I expected more from the fight against the witch, but its ok. The serie was enjoyable.
Jul 8, 2014 11:26 AM

Apr 2007
The final fight was garbage, but overall the battles were the weakest part anyway. I enjoyed everything else, especially seeing the Soul Eater world from a different perspective. I'm just a sucker for spin-offs :x This series did help with some characters that were very lacking in the main series too, which was awesome.

Old_Raven said:
How. Just HOW can people be TWELVE episodes in and not figure out the timeline. NOT begins before the original but then runs ALONGSIDE the original since episode 9 or 10 of NOT. NOT ENDS between episode 3 and 4 of the original.
Seriously, it baffles me when people can't understand the timeline in this show, most threads had people questioning this. It just seems like they're thinking too much when the answer is simple like you explained.
Jul 13, 2014 7:05 AM

May 2013
Hue.
Jul 16, 2014 9:37 AM

Oct 2009
Well...that sucked. So I guess the all powerful Shaula wasn't so powerful after all..?
That fight was ridiculous, would have been more legit if Akane or someone else helped out at least.

The series started out great and way better than I expected, it was pretty dam fun. But these last few episodes have been pretty lame..

Score went from 8/10 to 6/10
I can only hope this will lead to a reboot of the original :(
Jul 28, 2014 7:34 AM

Mar 2008
Aug 9, 2014 6:33 PM

Feb 2013
Enjoyable show. Nothing amazing, but it was cute and entertaining.

7/10
Aug 14, 2014 10:03 PM

Mar 2014
I love how they tied Shaula's soul to a string like a balloon. It was surprisingly cute considering they did that to a Kishin egg xD

The Kid scene at the end was like the cherry on top for this series. Love how they ended this by giving us a little bit more of Kid and his symmetry xD

A bit weird how Tsugumi grew her hair out at the end. I guess that means she matured and didn't need to try to copy Maka with those pigtails huh?
Sep 9, 2014 5:16 AM

Oct 2013
Cana was my favorite she was so Kawaii when she was fighting with her cards XD
haha at the end when they were all lying on the ground it looked like the aftermath of a huge rave
pretty good anime
7/10 for me <3
[/quote]
Sep 9, 2014 2:00 PM
Apr 2013
if thats how antidotes is given, i dont mind getting it^^

nice episode good fight, the struggle of friendship, the never give up way
Sep 24, 2014 8:02 AM

Jun 2008
This ending dropped it one point down for me. I mean winning against a Gorgon witch makes no sense and second this "i will have you both as my partner" makes no bloody sense. It just seems stupid when they simply throw her left and right.
A weapon having two meisters just doesn't work.

Basically i would have given this show a better grade if it stayed as a Soul Eater K-ON type of thing instead of trying in the end to have some shounen action suspense because when it tried to pull that stuff it failed miserably. The fights were bad and made no sense and so to the powers etc.
MonadSep 24, 2014 8:08 AM
Sep 29, 2014 8:32 PM

Jul 2007
This was an ok show. I didn't care for how they didn't give much importance to any of the main characters, especially maka and soul. But i guess that is to be expected.

What i really didn't like is the ending though, Doing soul resonance with two meisters? How the hell does that ever work and the way it was put together was pretty stupid. Ahh i guess this is what you get for a spin off i guess. Everything else bout the show was pretty enjoyable, the shonen like ending did not fit with this show at all.

Btw i just have to declare this! :D

I FINALLY FINISHED MY 2000th Anime series

:DDDD
ArtimesGamerSep 29, 2014 8:37 PM

Nov 15, 2014 8:06 AM

Jun 2011
Death the Kid never fail to put a smile on my face. :)
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 22, 2014 6:14 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent ending I must say, even if this plays off in the same universe as the main story Soul Eater it did had its unique atmosphere around it and some lovely characters on its own so all in all better than I first expected! 7/10
Dec 22, 2014 9:48 PM

Mar 2012
I'm still a little sad she ended up choosing both girls as her partners. I understand why but I feel a little unfulfilled... Team Anya all the way though
Dec 28, 2014 12:23 AM

Dec 2014
It was okay. Didn't really live up to my expectations. I thought it would be like the original Soul Eater, but yeah, it was good enough. I'd give it a 6 or 7/10. It could have been so much better though. Oh well.
Jan 3, 2015 12:51 PM

Dec 2014
Meh, very typical ending, but at least I got to see some action in few episodes rather than huggly cuddly things. Main characters were really boring. If it wasn't for original Soul Eater series and minor appearance of its characters I'd probably never watch this show. I guess this is named "Soul Eater NOT" for a reason afterall...

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Jan 5, 2015 8:49 AM

Oct 2013
I watched this show, and WoW I did not see that Yuri coming, within most episodes there were hints but it was all kidily. Don't get me wrong, girl on girl is hot, but for some reason I felt uncomfortable.

I thought tsugumi had a crush on Akame though, oh well I guess

Reason being I bought my little cousin who is 10 years old a soul eater not vol 1 manga for her birthday(since I found this version to be very girly), not that I witnessed the things that were going on within this series I am afraid to get vol 2 for her.

I loved the original soul eater, but NOT was not that good, though I enjoyed the cast from the original series

As a whole I'd give this 5/10

Because Yuri :(

P.s Kim and her weapon part was weird too, I'm glad she likes Oxford now lol
sonicgx11Jan 5, 2015 8:53 AM
Feb 3, 2015 2:24 PM

Jul 2010
I actually don't like this series because there are not much developments and good fight scenes. Still happy ending = 6/10
May 16, 2015 11:35 PM

Nov 2014
Gagantous!

I can't believe Shaula was defeated that easily and quickly...It's like she doesn't even compare to her sisters Arachne and Medusa. -_- Seriously? Ugh. Shaula had absolutely NO backstory at all, no development, no anything. It was just...Bad girl shows up, does a few bad things, gets defeated by main characters, end of her story.

Too bad Tsugumi didn't eat Shaula...It was funny how she was trailing her soul like a balloon though. xP

And omg Tsugumi and Meme <3 xD I'd ship it =O

It was pretty obvious that she would choose both of them though.

Anyways, I love Soul Eater and it's one of my favorite anime, but Soul Eater Not was just Not for me. Pun intended.
BlackFox24May 16, 2015 11:39 PM
Jun 9, 2015 8:08 PM

May 2011
As a kid's show, I was expecting this easy Shaula ending.. The timeline compared to Soul Eater is kinda confusing, but the history and other stuffs were kinda cute and fun to watch.. The "yuri" part wasn't bothering me at all.. and I'm not a yuri fan at all, but it was cute too. And I'm glad Death the Kid was in the last episode.

Soul Eater NOT! is a good anime.. it's worth watching.. I'll give it 8/10.
Sep 21, 2015 5:33 AM

Nov 2012
The only advantage of Soul Eater NOT is that you learn to appreciate the Soul Eater more. I remember when I was watching Soul Eater I wasn't happy about the line, that it was bit angular but now when I saw "beautiful like" Maka... Thank You Soul Eater. I was one of those kawaii versions of anime. Normally I wouldn't mind but you simply not make kawaii version of Soul Eater. If I was treating Soul Eater NOT as a separate, not related anime I would be fine ...but it's not possible when you see protagonist from the original Soul Eater...
Oct 21, 2015 3:47 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Was guud nuff anime 6/10

Cute lesbo friends, good quality moe, unexpected violence and dark twists. Was enjoyable enough to watch in 1 go.

Fun little spin-off. I liked it
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

187 by UnholyAsian »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2014

73 by MxS7HGS »»
Mar 14, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2014

81 by MxS7HGS »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:39 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2014

49 by MxS7HGS »»
Mar 14, 2023 7:51 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

54 by MxS7HGS »»
Mar 14, 2023 6:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.