Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2014 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh, so we get to see Bloster return to NGL this episode. A refreshing way to see him again I guess.

A lot of feels this episode as well. Good to see everyone back. Hope they can heal Gon soon. Great to see Ging this episode and some of the others in this next arc! Can't wait especially...[spoiler]Pariston[/s].
Jul 1, 2014 10:03 AM

Jul 2013
Anything on the rest of "Gyro's backstory/whereabouts"?
GalekCJul 2, 2014 12:15 AM
Jul 1, 2014 12:31 PM

Feb 2014
Awww Bizeff being all cutesy with them. Best world class criminal ever!

PEOPLE DIE IF THEY ARE KILLED.

I'm really mad they removed the info about 450000 + some 80000 citizens dying because of this.
Well now you know!
Jul 1, 2014 12:31 PM

Jul 2010
Touching episode...I wonder how exactly Killua plans on ''saving'' Gon tho? with them scary eyes?
WAIT WHAT - ''My name is KITE'' ?! the hell happened there.Am i the only one lost, or is it going to be explained later on?
Anyways, that was an amazing after story episode, next episode we are going to see HISOKA OMG.So excited!
Jul 1, 2014 12:34 PM

Jul 2013
GalekC said:
Anything on the rest of "Gyro's backstory/whereabouts"?
Nope, I guess...
Maybe there's still time by the "final" episode?
GalekCJul 2, 2014 12:15 AM
Jul 1, 2014 12:35 PM

Feb 2014
They did.... You missed it
Jul 1, 2014 12:35 PM

May 2013
Lol Kite became a girl. We get to see Gon's dad, which is awesome.
Jul 1, 2014 12:39 PM
Jul 2012
Kite is alive?! flsdajkflsakj
Jul 1, 2014 12:41 PM

Feb 2014
My other gripe is the "reaction" made by Morel. They made it tooooooo comical. I laughed but at the same time knowing how inappropriate it was
Jul 1, 2014 12:41 PM

Oct 2009
Very slow first half. The information contained in the last 5 minutes makes up for it even though I have read the manga. I didn't expect them to show the Zodiacs in this episode to be honest.

I can't wait to see Ging animated, it's gonna be awesome.
Jul 1, 2014 12:43 PM

Feb 2014
Decent episode overall - and so the hype for next week begins. Really can't wait to see the Zodiacs in action - not only Ging, but the other ones as well. Chimera Ant Arc has been one hell of a ride, but for some reason I'm even more excited for this new arc. Also, Hisoka in the preview - very nice. He's been missed.
Jul 1, 2014 12:43 PM

Jan 2011
excellent episode 5/5
GING arrives to the election
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Jul 1, 2014 12:45 PM

Nov 2012
I was surprised! So Kite got reborn as an ant? Real touching reunion between the mother and daughter, I thought that whole village was killed at the beginning.

Gon's father makes an appearance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think.

Also is that Hisoka in the preview? That must mean Chrollo has his Nen back.
AichiroJul 1, 2014 12:48 PM
Jul 1, 2014 12:46 PM

Aug 2008
Dammit, I didn't want to be such a crybaby, but it was so touching. I hope Colt and Reina will be reunited someday.

I knw Kaito turned into a little girl, but I didn't saw that coming! Who would have thought he got eaten by the queen when his body (the external) is "intact".

Finally the Election arc is starting, time to fill the parts I didn't get spoiled.
Jul 1, 2014 12:47 PM

Nov 2013
iLostReason said:
Touching episode...I wonder how exactly Killua plans on ''saving'' Gon tho? with them scary eyes?
WAIT WHAT - ''My name is KITE'' ?! the hell happened there.Am i the only one lost, or is it going to be explained later on?
Anyways, that was an amazing after story episode, next episode we are going to see HISOKA OMG.So excited!

I guess there's no harm in telling

OT: Good episode and with that the CA arc comes to a close, just an amazing arc, currently my favourite in anime, I haven't been this interested in an anime since the Kyoto arc from Rurouni Kenshin. Looking forward to the Election arc, but since it's very short, it makes me sad just knowing the anime will end in September, how will I fill that gap once it's over?
"Now, let us drink. Let us drink. Drink to the human race. In every age, there will be good humans and bad humans. Human life is too long to devote to reproduction, yet too short to devote to learning, in the helix of time. Perhaps that is why humans succumb to desire and seek release. Despite the fact that life is complete with the sun, the land and poetry." Supreme Leader Diego(Real) (Hunter x Hunter 2011)
Jul 1, 2014 12:47 PM

Apr 2009
A shame they didn't show the cut Gyro content
- or did I forgot about it already? I am glad the emotional scenes were handled great as well.

But the hype goes to the next episode...finally the Election arc will start! Hopefully with a new opening animation and
! A new ending animation + theme would be nice as well.
NidhoeggrJul 1, 2014 12:57 PM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 1, 2014 12:49 PM

Apr 2014
I was expecting a new OP and ED for the new arc, but maybe next episode? Doesn't really matter if they do it or not though lol. I'm excited about Ging and Pariston though!
Jul 1, 2014 12:50 PM

Oct 2013
The part with ant Reina felt a little forced and not needed at least for not so much screen time. Also this is the first time something just doesn't make sense to me. How the hell the brother/sister of Meruem can be Kite??? Queen didn't eat him, so his "soul"(memories) can not possibly be an ant (quite disappointed at such an obvious mistake unless I am being wrong somewhere).

The part with Gon and Killua and the end was AWESOME!!! So we see how bad Gon's condition is(that makes sense I am glad). Woah Ging!!! Really excited!!!
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jul 1, 2014 12:52 PM

Feb 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
A shame they didn't show the cut Gyro content (or did I forgot already?). I am glad the emotional scenes were handled great as well.

But the hype goes to the next episode...finally the Election arc will start! Hopefully with a new opening animation and

Did I forget something? All what's left is him surviving and leaving the nest, which they showed through Welfin's dialogue.
Only thing they cut is him never meeting gon which is pointless to show now.

soundscape said:
The part with ant Reina felt a little forced and not needed at least for not so much screen time. Also this is the first time something just doesn't make sense to me. How the hell the brother/sister of Meruem can be Kite??? Queen didn't eat him, so his "soul"(memories) can not possibly be an ant (quite disappointed at such an obvious mistake unless I am being wrong somewhere).

The part with Gon and Killua and the end was AWESOME!!! So we see how bad Gon's condition is(that makes sense I am glad). Woah Ging!!! Really excited!!!

Memories come from the brain
Jul 1, 2014 12:54 PM

Oct 2013
KitsuneKomugi said:
iLostReason said:

OT: Good episode and with that the CA arc comes to a close, just an amazing arc, currently my favourite in anime, I haven't been this interested in an anime since the Kyoto arc from Rurouni Kenshin. Looking forward to the Election arc, but since it's very short, it makes me sad just knowing the anime will end in September, how will I fill that gap once it's over?

Oh ok lol... Makes sense but will this be explained later about Kite?
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jul 1, 2014 12:57 PM

Oct 2009
KitsuneKomugi said:
Looking forward to the Election arc, but since it's very short, it makes me sad just knowing the anime will end in September, how will I fill that gap once it's over?

How do you know it ends in September?
Jul 1, 2014 12:58 PM

Feb 2012
KitsuneKomugi said:
iLostReason said:

Your 'telling' was never mentioned nor confirm at all in the manga...so it's at best just a speculation. and I'm not buying it.

The more popular and closest specu-explanation we have actually is:
Jul 1, 2014 12:58 PM

Nov 2013
soundscape said:
KitsuneKomugi said:

From what I remember from reading the election arc a year ago, yes, it should bring it up, just thought I'd mention it as I had a feeling some people would get confused about it.
"Now, let us drink. Let us drink. Drink to the human race. In every age, there will be good humans and bad humans. Human life is too long to devote to reproduction, yet too short to devote to learning, in the helix of time. Perhaps that is why humans succumb to desire and seek release. Despite the fact that life is complete with the sun, the land and poetry." Supreme Leader Diego(Real) (Hunter x Hunter 2011)
Jul 1, 2014 1:00 PM

Feb 2012
soundscape said:
KitsuneKomugi said:

You can read my 'spoiler' replies to KitsuneKomugi for a more likely explanation. What KitsuneKomugi wrote was not in canon at all, it's just his/her own speculation.

KitsuneKomugi said:

From what I remember from reading the election arc a year ago, yes, it should bring it up, just thought I'd mention it as I had a feeling some people would get confused about it.

No what you wrote was never ever mentioned in the manga, it's really just one of readers' theory. Don't mislead anime-only watchers about false expectation and promise of such 'explanation'....

Jul 1, 2014 1:06 PM

Nov 2013
TheDodo said:
KitsuneKomugi said:
Looking forward to the Election arc, but since it's very short, it makes me sad just knowing the anime will end in September, how will I fill that gap once it's over?

How do you know it ends in September?

We have 30 chapters left to adapt before the beginning of the next arc in the manga at 340 and if it adapts around 2 chapters per episode that gives us around 10-15 episodes which should lead up to September. Plus I doubt we would get filler as if we haven't gotten filler in the anime, I doubt that MH would make filler and of course, there's Togashi unpredictable timetable

kcaco said:
KitsuneKomugi said:

Your 'telling' was never mentioned nor confirm at all in the manga...so it's at best just a speculation. and I'm not buying it.

The more popular and closest specu-explanation we have actually is:

Oh yeah I forgot about, also my memory is a little fussy, I just remembered it being brought up somewhere, I think I'll need to read it again just to check since the new arc starts next week.
Jul 1, 2014 1:07 PM

Feb 2014
kcaco said:
soundscape said:

You can read my 'spoiler' replies to KitsuneKomugi for a more likely explanation. What KitsuneKomugi wrote was not in canon at all, it's just his/her own speculation.

KitsuneKomugi said:

No what you wrote was never ever mentioned in the manga, it's really just one of readers' theory. Don't mislead anime-only watchers about false expectation and promise of such 'explanation'....

It was pretty obvious.
And HxH isnt one to show it right away. If at all.
Jul 1, 2014 1:07 PM

Oct 2009
KitsuneKomugi said:

Lol you so full of it and you know it. The explanation in the manga was clear enough I thought...
Jul 1, 2014 1:08 PM

May 2012
soundscape said:

The Queen always ate brains not bodies. Pitou probably gave the queen his brain and kept the body to play with
Jul 1, 2014 1:09 PM

Nov 2013
TheDodo said:
KitsuneKomugi said:

Lol you so full of it and you know it. The explanation in the manga was clear enough I thought...

I was only helping someone out, no need to be an ass about it
Jul 1, 2014 1:12 PM
May 2014
Awesome episode (so much hype), some cute moments with the ants, Killua was a total badass, my only complaint is that Reina and Brovada got accepted way too easily (I would somewhat understand if it was only her Mom that accepted her but the whole vilalge? even the kids?), also that village should 99% certanly been wiped by now.

I still gave it a 5.
Jul 1, 2014 1:12 PM

Jun 2014
I almost screamed when I saw Ging. Damn, this seems like it's going to be a fun arc. Seems like we're getting more Hisoka!

Also, I almost cried a little with the scene with Reina; It was touching.
Jul 1, 2014 1:13 PM

Oct 2009
KitsuneKomugi said:
TheDodo said:

Well I was just calling you out for mixing up your own speculations and actual facts. I didnt mean to offend you :).
Jul 1, 2014 1:14 PM

May 2014
*I died twice and I'm still alive* LOL
Jul 1, 2014 1:15 PM

Feb 2014
TheDodo said:
KitsuneKomugi said:

Well I was just calling you out for mixing up your own speculations and actual facts. I didnt mean to offend you :).

Said speculation doesn't necessarily contradict with it...it was a major point in the arc.
Jul 1, 2014 1:15 PM

Nov 2013
TheDodo said:
KitsuneKomugi said:

Fair enough, it's OK
Jul 1, 2014 1:16 PM
Jul 2018
What a tease with Ging at the end there!

Holy shit... What an amazing episode. The reunion of that girl and her mother, I thought that was a little harsh when they just died back then.
They'll explain about Kite.. Probably in the next episode.

Can't wait for more Hisoka!

Such amazing stuff ahead...

Grade A stuff, man.

Jul 2010
Watching the Chimera ant living a normal life that they had when they were humans. Reina reuniting with her mom ^^ She asking Brovada to join them :D
For a second, I thought "not another person name Reina!", Kite coming back in a girl's form!
Gon being a hero and the hunter association would save him no matter what!
All those big shots gathering for the election!
Killua is planning something to save Gon, with electricity maybe? O.o I immediately went to spoil myself xD

Mar 2012
Reina and her mother's reunion made me so happy. I hope they lead a normal life after all these changes.
AhmedHanJul 1, 2014 3:06 PM
Jul 1, 2014 1:18 PM
Jan 2013
For the last fucking time... GON. IS NOT. 12 YEARS OLD. anymore
Jul 1, 2014 1:20 PM

Dec 2012
So ends a great arc...
Jul 1, 2014 1:20 PM

Dec 2013
In terms of start of the episode, it was at walking stick pace, I did believe Reina reuniting with her mum was nice. The announcement of kite being reincarnated into a girl was interesting to say the last. But I'm loving how Killua is at the moment.

his love for Gon is so strong, but you can clearly see he's still in two minds about everything, mainly because of bisky saying that he'll abandon him, coupled with Gon basically telling him he doesn't care about kite ext. I feel that him saying heal him is obviously taken at face value, but also means the relationship between them two, as well as healing himself from the hurt he suffered. He's still trying desperately to prove his worth to Gon, nevertheless, can't wait for the zodiacs next episode.
Jul 1, 2014 1:23 PM

Feb 2012
TonyTonyStark said:
TheDodo said:

Said speculation doesn't necessarily contradict with it...it was a major point in the arc.

yes it does contradict it
Jul 1, 2014 1:24 PM

Feb 2013
Kite's now a loli with a tail? I am okay with this. I'm sure she'll grow up quickly enough though, considering how the first time we saw her she wasn't even as big as Colt's palm and now she's talking and swinging around a sword. Can't wait to find out more about that.

I actually wasn't expecting TOO much from this episode at first, but it turned out to be very emotional and had an awesome cliffhanger! Hunter x Hunter never disappoints. I wonder if the main focus will be on Killua now, that'd be pretty interesting.
Jul 1, 2014 1:25 PM
Jan 2013
Gon is not 12.
Jul 1, 2014 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
Viltsu300 said:

Isn't he 12 years old now? I think he's 13 in the
TyrelJul 1, 2014 5:36 PM

Feb 2014
kcaco said:
TonyTonyStark said:

yes it does contradict it

Ging himself was speculating.
I'm not saying the soul thing makes no sense, but so does the brain thing.

As for the k**** his speech applies to both cases IMO.

Aug 2010
Lol'd so much at how they just nonchalantly showed Ging at the end like that XD
Walking in like a BOSS hehe ^^

Well loved this ep.

The first part with Reina and Brovoda was really cute and emotional :*)

Kite's re-birth has been confirmed XD And boy is she a childish ant XD Morel's reaction was lol.

Killua's part was really emotional :( Poor Killua. I can't wait for ALLUKA!! >.<

And HISOKA IS BACK!!!
Barion-ZaraJul 2, 2014 8:42 AM
Jul 1, 2014 1:27 PM
Jan 2013
Eden2307 said:
I'm sure she'll grow up quickly enough though.
I wonder if the main focus will be on Killua now, that'd be pretty interesting.

Yes and Yes
Jul 1, 2014 1:31 PM
Jan 2013
GreenSoap said:
Viltsu300 said:

Isn't he 12 years old now? I think he's 13 in the Dark Expedition arc.

No. Hunter exam is yearly event and Killua took it again at Greed Island. So they were 13 at Greed Island. Now they are 14.
Jul 1, 2014 1:32 PM

Dec 2009
Overall great episode.

Kite is a loli now

Killua about to put in work

Zodiacs are here

Ging is here

Hisoka is back

My body is ready for the new arc

IIRC, people said the new arc is about Killua's family? Can someone confirm?
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by Gator »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.