Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 1, 2014 7:59 AM
Jun 2014
Original post:

After seeing that not everybody has taken part in this activity, I decided to let it open '' Til the HELL freezes out'' as a second part of the introduction thread.
This activity consist of creating your own original character in a background that matches with its personality, social enviroment or theme of the story behind that character and tell something about it in a reply for this topic to the other members.
In that way, we can know the style, drawing level, and preferences of each one of us.
YamamotoSenseiNov 19, 2014 3:07 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 1, 2014 7:54 PM
Jan 2014
hm... I think we should rate or talk about the best manga created ever! and then of course since we are a Mangaka Desu club we should analyse the art and story elements of the manga too
Jul 2, 2014 12:47 PM
Jun 2014
I think to start in the club activities we can upload a draw where we appear
Jul 2, 2014 1:21 PM

Jun 2014
I think we can start with a relaxin activity since it's the first one. I guess it must be drawing-related... but talking about manga will be great, although it can be done in a separate thread, i guess...
Jul 2, 2014 3:10 PM

Mar 2014
Do we have to be able to draw
I would read pcp if it was a manga!
Jul 2, 2014 3:46 PM
Jan 2014
I actually really like Ikeru's idea of drawing where we are all from :P that would be good practice for landscape and environment designs which would be important for a manga
Jul 3, 2014 5:39 AM
Jun 2014
To @Meromaru:
That's a great idea, we can do something about drawing and talk about manga at the same time in separated threads.

To @AyaHoshino:
Could be I misunderstood your question. Of course we have to be able to draw, this is a club to improve our drawing skills.

To @-Justin-:
I actually think @Ikeru11 meant to make a draw of ourselves, but drawing a landscape is good idea too, in manga and anime we can see a lot of elaborated backgrounds and people use to forget that and focuse in characters when backgrounds are very important as well.
Jul 3, 2014 1:22 PM
Jun 2014
We can, for example, make a short comic. In this comic, we should about our hobbies or talk about manga but comically.

Hmmm, it's an idea (_ _)
Jul 3, 2014 8:21 PM
Jan 2014
Ooh that sounds cool ^^ and that we all make part of the comic and then add it together somehow
Jul 4, 2014 4:29 AM
Jun 2014
I see we have many ideas, but as Meromaru said, it's just the first activity and must be something relaxing. The idea of PurpleOwl is a good idea, but I'll organize it in the future. I think, before that, we need to know the drawing level of each one of us, what we know to do and what we don't. So, what if we design a character in a background and tell the others about this character (Personality, abilities, its story and stuff like these) and discuss about the this?
In that way we will see how the other members draw characters and backgrounds.
Jul 4, 2014 8:50 AM
Feb 2014
To @YamamotoSensei
Sooooo, you're saying we just draw a character plus a background and present it so that we know the drawing levels of our members, is that right? Idk if I'll be able to do the whole "tell about this character" thing. I'm not very good at explaining that kind of stuff to other people. Plus, the way you talked: "tell the others about this character and discuss about this" scared the heck out of me because it sounds just like a public school project where you get up in front of the class, you know? xD Even though I know its not, those words still haunt me... I hate talking to more than just a couple people at once.
"I am a supporting actor, a shadow. But a shadow will become darker if the light is stronger and it will make the white of the light stand out. As the shadow of the main actor, I will make you, the light, number one..." - the Phantom, Kuroko Testsuya
Jul 4, 2014 1:25 PM
Jun 2014
Then, will we finally do a Original character?
Ok, but I have a lot of OC (More or less complicated) and I think everyone can do different styles (One person can do chibi and realistic's draw well at the same time).
Jul 4, 2014 2:51 PM
Jun 2014
To @artistmel:
Don't be so shy, could be I talked like a teacher explain some homeworks, but we are beetwen friends, think like you are talking with some friends about a manga character. We are not going to judge or rate anybody, this is just to know a little bit more and gain familiarity with each other.

To @PurpleOwl:
I know one person can draw a lot of different styles, but always has a preferent style. I can draw chibi, shoujo, even kodomo if I feel like it,
but for my own stories I prefer to draw a realistic style similar to Yang Kyung-Il's. That's what I ment.
Jul 5, 2014 1:00 PM
Jun 2014
Ok, as long as nobody replies, I think it's decided.
And I think we don't need to wait either, you can post your character in the club pictures section and tell us about it , and I'm gonna open topic to discuss about which one do we think is the best manga ever created as @-Justin- proposed.
If you have any doubt or problem with that, don't hesitate to ask me.
Jul 5, 2014 5:23 PM

Jun 2014
So, first activity is create a character and present him in a background where he belongs... is that right?
like presenting Naruto in a forest in Konoha or Kaneda in his bike, something like that? maybe i din't really get it...
Jul 6, 2014 5:14 AM
Jun 2014
Meromaru said:
So, first activity is create a character and present him in a background where he belongs... is that right?
like presenting Naruto in a forest in Konoha or Kaneda in his bike, something like that? maybe i din't really get it...

Yes, you are right. I'd like to know what's the stile you prefer for your own stories and to see to what extent do you konw how to draw backgrounds.
Jul 6, 2014 6:00 AM

Jun 2014
Yes, it would be like our presentation, i really like it :)

Artistmel, don't worry, just draw something that includes a person and a background so we can see each other style, preferences and drawing level. It's going to be really funny and we will be commited to draw stuff we don't use to draw (i suck at backgrounds XD)
Jul 9, 2014 8:28 AM

Jun 2014
Well, I just finished my character for this first activity: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?action=view&t=pic&id=62353&pid=298767

Those are some minor characters in a comic I'm working on. The girl in the middle is an all-girls gang leader that go to a all-girls high school, the one behind them. It's really close to an all-boys high school, and those guys use to visit the surroundings of the girls school to meet girls, but those gang girls don't wont boys come nearby and they always get in fights with the guys and kick their asses. It is a comedy slice of life comic, so not a lot of drama here xD
MeromaruJul 12, 2014 6:35 AM
Jul 11, 2014 12:17 PM
Jun 2014
This is my character and ackground for the fisrt activity: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?action=view&t=pic&id=62353&pid=298883

This is the main character from my own manga, his name is Kensuke, he had lost his memory when he was a child. This is the scene his sensei told him about his past and he starts to remember his traumatic childhood.
Going back to the drawing, I would say I'm really bad at modern cities backgrounds, so I use to draw ancient village scenes, like this one, or natural landscape. I also like to leave it in balck and white with tones, like it's actually a page from a manga, because I spend so much time colouring.
Jul 12, 2014 6:29 AM

Jun 2014
@YamamotoSensei : I really liked the use of screentones, I'm still learning how to use them.
Background in the picture is really detailed and I really like it. Same for the characters. I don't know, I think it is quite good, maybe with better anatomic and poses, or more realistic ones, it would look better, but it's really good!

Oh! I forgot to tell about the people of mine. I will edit in some minutes.
Aug 8, 2014 2:53 PM

Aug 2014
Alright! Here is my character and background for the first activity!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?action=view&t=pic&id=62353&pid=300743

My main character is the one with the bells in the middle and yes, he is a boy (Hokori). The reason being is because I’m going for a shoujo yaoi type of Manga, which also explains why he is clinging to his main love interest (Iolite). The other male (Ningen), the tallest one, is more like a rival love interest and has an attitude. With the background in mind as they head to their school, it’s also a fantasy with only one other species. Fairies! Which the boy in the middle is a fairy (without the wings).

It's still incomplete, but I'm mainly focusing on the line drawings for now rather than the colors or toning. I suck at coloring, or you could say I am rather amateurish by far in coloring. Later on in life I will go back and tone it. ^^

So the genre is fantasy, romance, yaoi, shoujo, drama, and even action.
To become a Mangaka is my ultimate dream. And I will die trying.
Aug 24, 2014 4:45 PM
Dec 2008
I'm working on my picture right now, and have realized it may take a while. =_= I'm not used to making BGs...
Aug 24, 2014 7:08 PM
Dec 2008
This is mine. I know there's a lot of mistakes but I'm pretty happy with it.

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?action=view&t=pic&id=62353&pid=301883

The girl in the picture in Sakura, although at the time she doesn't have a real name. She is part of a government experiment to make humans into weapons. She also does not have much of a personality, as she's been in her tank most of her life and her memories have been wiped, but the one thing she does remember is where her home is. After she escapes from the lab, she meets a boy named Neo, and he promises her to take her there, while having to fend off the government who tries to take her back, and the resistance groups that want to destroy her or take her over to their side and use her for their own agendas.
Aug 25, 2014 7:56 PM

Dec 2011
Well, I have a lot of oc's (over 120 now).

though i don't draw many backgrounds at all (i am terrible at them).

i did finish one with a background a couple of days ago. though, it's not my best piece.

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?action=view&t=pic&id=62353&pid=301925
this is a redo of a picture i did about 18months ago.
I am not used to drawing males.

This is my Own character, his name is Yamato Takahashi.
He is 22 years old, He was born in Yokohama, but now lives in Tokyo metro.
He works in a movers company (not a spectacular job I know), and is also a semi-professional martial artist.
okay so here is his bio- Born on the 6th of August 1990, in a local hospital in Yokohama, Maria and Ryuji Takahashi had one boy and one girl these two children being twins. The male child was born: Yamato Ryuji Takahashi.
Yamato's family lived in a modest home for the first 15years of his life. By the age of 15 Yamato was doing well at school, whilst taking on a part time job in the company of which his father worked. Along with this he was also practicing Wado Ryu and Tai Chi at the local gymnasium.
In 2011 Yamato managed to secure a semi-professional contract with one of the largest martial arts teams in Tokyo.
this is Yamato's story as to now.
Aug 30, 2014 7:10 PM
Jan 2012
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?action=view&t=pic&id=62353&pid=302277
I don't know how to apply tones in SAI so I couldn't use them and only (poorly) colored it.. Hopefully it look fine.
The two characters is the main characters of my story, Saphro and Lilis. Saphro is the boy wearing the wolf skin, while Lilis is the one on horseback.
Saphro is a boy who lost everything important to him when hunters killed the wolves pack that raised him, and took him away as well. Now he have only the wolf skin that was his foster mother and no way home - or one in the first place. To survive, Saphro work as an 11 years old thief and bodyguard.
Lilis is a boy born in a wealthy family, but ran away in hope of finding a place spoken of in a book. He is wanted by everyone due to the reward his father promises for those who manage to find and bring him home. Due to that the 14 years old must travel at night.
The two of them dislike each other but decided to travel together because it is convenience (traveling with Saphro guarantee safety for Lilis, while Lilis's title and ability to read and write could be useful to Saphro).
Sep 4, 2014 4:35 PM
Jun 2014
So I love actuary to attitude isn't it.. :)
Roseanne Maceda
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Share your work! Be noticed!

YamamotoSensei - Jan 2, 2015

12 by Furikaeru »»
Feb 10, 2020 8:20 AM

» [Manga tutorial] Beginners: How to draw manga faces.

YamamotoSensei - Jul 14, 2014

2 by 159julialee »»
Jan 26, 2017 1:07 AM

» Weekly Hourly Challenge!! Week 6-Chef

YamamotoSensei - Nov 8, 2015

0 by YamamotoSensei »»
Nov 8, 2015 8:24 AM

» weekly Hourly Challenge!! Week 5-Mad Scientist

YamamotoSensei - Oct 31, 2015

2 by Zoushu »»
Nov 6, 2015 2:43 PM

» Weekly Hourly Challenge!! Week 4-Time/Clocks

YamamotoSensei - Oct 24, 2015

6 by YamamotoSensei »»
Oct 31, 2015 3:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.