Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 1, 2014 11:51 AM

Feb 2011
Woah.. it's even got a last boss and everything.
5/10 Terrible.
Jul 1, 2014 12:09 PM
Mar 2013
katsuhan said:
Number 0 clearly state that those girls are not real, they are just virtual world dwellers, and the 2 little girls are just administrative program.

Only his sister Nanami and himself are real. So these 2 girls and other cant exist in real world.

I think i got it, so basically,

As the LN is not end yet, he cant return to the real world juat like that,

he still stuck in the virtual world in the end, inception anyone?

Well they and the other girls somehow got in the real world, because that's where Souta was after the Boat exploded (Number 0 told him he was in reality again when he woke up in the bed). Those 2 little girls were programs, but they literually changed peoples fates, removed memories of others and gave Souta the power to change flags on peoples heads, if they have that level of power in the virtual world, I think they're more than capable of going between the real and virtual worlds (there are shows where programs can get in the real world for whatever reason. Number 0 might have had something to do with it too. It's also possible that Akane and the other girls bonds with Souta let them leave the virtual world and exist in the real world, though most of them lost their memories besides Akane, who seemed to be putting on an act).
RoychopJul 1, 2014 2:34 PM
Jul 1, 2014 4:07 PM

Apr 2011
Summary of the series: Some good comedy and moe fanservice suddenly had a whole bunch of shit at the end O_o None of which was properly explained; who or what the 'Angels' were. I kinda gathered they were some kinda rogue AI that decided to destroy the virtual world. Apparently the ship happened in the real world? And at the end they're all back in the real world? This ending feels like Inception with all the realities within realities...

It was fun, but I could've done without the confusing anime-original ending. Otoh, at least they didn't leave us utterly hanging like the end of NGNL. I appreciate the attempt at an ending, but it seems like anime-original endings are almost invariably inferior to the source material.

8/10
Jul 1, 2014 6:49 PM

Jul 2012
This anime was very beautiful. Every episode as visually appealing to high standards but the plot was meh.

Great episode and series!!!
Jul 1, 2014 10:26 PM

Jan 2011
I liked this except for the virtual world shit.
Jul 1, 2014 10:58 PM

Oct 2010
God, make up your fucking mind with the plot. That shit is everywhere, like some dude who ate a pound of spicy mexican food, then straight up unloaded all over the bathroom walls and said "hey, that would make a good plot for an anime".

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it for the most part. It just got clustered with nonsense near the end.
Jul 2, 2014 8:06 AM

Dec 2011
It's finally time for the final battle to start!

Beautiful moments T.T

Coward... leaving Souta alone after he saved your ass...

Awwww T.T , he really came to rescue Souta after all... I'm sorry for thinking you had betrayed him.

So that's what really happened O.o

He's in the real world now hmmm...

Lol, so Number Zero is Kagura Bladefield the founder... yeah...

Ahhhh, it has ended, I guess I'll wait for that OVA to come out.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 2, 2014 12:59 PM

Oct 2013
Wow the last two episodes of this anime were good.

Damn...can't believe Nanami and Souta are related by blood. That sucks.
Jul 2, 2014 2:21 PM

Oct 2010
katsuhan said:
Number 0 clearly state that those girls are not real, they are just virtual world dwellers, and the 2 little girls are just administrative program.

Only his sister Nanami and himself are real. So these 2 girls and other cant exist in real world.

Im gonna guess this is a subtitle issue between different sources. Or people having context reading issues.

What she said in the version I read was basically that all that stuff never happened except in his head, and that also means no one else will remember it. I never once saw her say the girls themselves were not real. She said something like "Of course no one will remember what happened except us, including Nanami and the other girls (and one boy)."
Jul 2, 2014 3:33 PM
Mar 2013
Kougeru said:
katsuhan said:

Im gonna guess this is a subtitle issue between different sources. Or people having context reading issues.

What she said in the version I read was basically that all that stuff never happened except in his head, and that also means no one else will remember it. I never once saw her say the girls themselves were not real. She said something like "Of course no one will remember what happened except us, including Nanami and the other girls (and one boy)."

The most accurate sub versions had her say that the time he spent in the virtual world was but a flash in reality, hence nobody shares his memories, including Nanami (though Akane regained hers, which I'm assuming those 2 little girls restored hers). Number 0 also flat out said those girls were nothing but residents of the virtual world (besides obviously Nanami). The virtual world was constructed from real world data, so the girls already existed in the real world. So what I get is that Sakura and Laplase's Demon came into the real world (not surprised, and I can think of a few reasons how they did) and merged the virtual and real world versions of the girls (and memories) so they remember Souta.
RoychopJul 3, 2014 6:22 AM
Jul 2, 2014 6:23 PM

May 2009
Jonesy974 said:
So the girl under the mask was actually Hakua Bladefield. Not surprising, but I didn't expect it since they didn't really hint at her character existing. Does that make her Souta's mom then?

Wrong. It's Kagura Bladefield. Hakua has grey hair.
Jul 2, 2014 8:34 PM

Nov 2009
Ugh...not sure how I manged to finish the show. I had slight expectations when reading the summery and even those were let down by the show. 4 stereotypical harem members out of 10.
Jul 2, 2014 10:01 PM

Dec 2012
Didn't expect the story will go in this direction when I started watching this. I guess it's been somehow an entertaining show. Gonna rate this 7/10.
Jul 3, 2014 1:07 AM

Mar 2013
lol is that ririchiyo's VA I hear?
Jul 3, 2014 2:11 AM
Jan 2009
I wasn't a huge fan of the overly large harem, but the overly serious plot wasn't well-executed either. (It wasn't even that funny.) Pretty disappointing in both regards.

At least it's over.
Pie is delicious.

Jul 3, 2014 11:14 AM

Sep 2011
This show exceeded my expectations, it was very enjoyable.
Jul 3, 2014 1:46 PM

Dec 2013
What the flying F????

I know that was an Anime Original Ending, but the least you could do was make it comprehensible to the average human being for crying out loud!

First, okay so I get that he was thrown into the digital world to save his country from some Angel Boat that was trying to take over his country/the world/the universe/etc., so what the heck was that in the end??? How the hell does the country's founder (who should probably be a thousand years dead) appear in front of him and say "Oh Hi great-great-great-great-great^N-Grandchild, you're in the real world now".

Second, supposedly all those girls were from the virtual world, how the heck did they all show up in the real world? How the heck did they all apparently have memories of this crown prince of the Bladefield Principality who has never set foot in Japan and has spent most of his days being a paraplegic stuck inside a digital mainframe??? Are you telling me that Nanami just went online and gathered all her friends on the internet to form a hunting party to dive into Souta's VR world to save him? They're a bunch of teenagers, the lot of them.... why would they even have the ability to support him? Where would they acquire the knowledge from? Did Nanami just randomly pick a bunch of talented hackers and throw them together?

Third, what the hell is that hole in the Quest Dorm doing there? Was the VR trip some sort of future predicting simulation thingy? How the hell would Souta even know that she'd fall into a hole? Unless he dived back into the VR world at the end, I'm calling ass-pull because shit like that doesn't work in the real world.

Fourth, same issue as third. Why would two digital programs suddenly manifest in the real world? Unless that last few scenes were VR, I call ass-pull.

The first 5 to 6 episodes were fun enough to watch, then shit just got weird in the last part.

Can someone please enlighten me on exactly how the arc actually ended in the LN (PM if necessary), because this Anime Original Ending just irks me in so many ways and on so many levels.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 4, 2014 5:21 AM

Mar 2012
Another fked up adaptation. Real shame, I bet the source (LN) must be better.
Keep moving forward
Jul 6, 2014 3:32 AM

Aug 2010
I've been trying really hard to find a short, but to the point summary of this show. The first two candidates were "wasted potential" and "trainwreck", but now I think I have finally found the best word: failure.

Not that the season was particularly strong, but even the mediocre shows (Black Bullet and the rest come to mind) managed to be entertaining in some way, shape or form. This one? I've spent the last 8 episodes trying to find even one aspect that could be considered redeeming. My results? Ruri and Nanami had one or two nice moments. That's it.

It's not mindbogglingly bad like IS or Galileia Donna that are sins against intelligence itself, but it seems to me as if Flag was standing at the edge of the parody line, desperately trying to raise its foot to cross it over...never actually succeeding (unlike the relatively recent NouCume, as both seemed to be a cheap version of TWGOK at first sight, but while the Noucome had something to offer with funny jokes, Flag didn't). Not the characters, not the story, not the humor (not even a tenth of the "jokes" were funny). When it tried to be funny it was boring, when it was trying to be serious it was ridiculous. This is as bland and terrible as it gets without being outright stupid and painful 3/10. At least I'm done with the worst show of the season.

Ps: A friendly advice to the author: Before you try and mess around with narrative by going meta, learn the basics first like, you know, making characters interesting instead of tossing in stereotypes who copy paste their dialogs from other shows. Make something worthwhile so we have at least an ounce of emotional investment in the story you want to tell.
Mogami-kunJul 6, 2014 3:39 AM
Jul 6, 2014 8:47 AM
Jun 2014
Huh? What was that ending? If he really is back in the real world, why did Akane say he saved her again? And why were the other girls at the dorm again? If they were part of the virtual world, why were they at the real world? Did Sacrament and Demon return their memories?

And the part where he was trapped in the boat? What was that about? And why is he still Hatate Souta if he is the brother of Nanami?

The ending was a bit confusing, it left me with some questions... Atleast it ended okay xD I would say 7/10, for me.

Can't wait for the OVA!
HayceJul 6, 2014 8:55 AM
Jul 6, 2014 8:47 AM
Jun 2014
Huh? What was that ending? If he really is back in the real world, why did Akane say he saved her again? And why were the other girls at the dorm again? Did Sacrament and Demon return their memories?

It left me with some questions... Atleast it ended okay xD
Jul 8, 2014 3:55 PM

Oct 2013
ok ending for an ok anime
the part where he saves her at the end was adorable though
didn't really care for the whole alternate world thing
overall i give this series a 6/10 which is a FAIR rating i did enjoy it
[/quote]
Jul 8, 2014 5:54 PM
Mar 2013
Hayce said:
Huh? What was that ending? If he really is back in the real world, why did Akane say he saved her again? And why were the other girls at the dorm again? Did Sacrament and Demon return their memories?

It left me with some questions... Atleast it ended okay xD

I rewatched the last 3 episodes. The virtual world was pretty much made from real world data, so it included events that did happen in the real world (the boat incident happened in the real world, it was just carried into the virtual one too, so those 2 little girls also did exist in the real world). So that said, he technicaly has seen Akane in the real world before (why she was fibbing not knowing him at first I have no idea), just that everything he experianced with her after he was linked in the virtual world was forgotten (they could have made a promise in the real world before his incident, since he did know them).
Jul 10, 2014 7:12 PM

Aug 2013
Welllll..... That was weird.

So, in the end, he's still trapped in that informatic world, right? I mean, we see those two programs they were talking about and also the fact that everyone suddenly remembered.

I'm so confuse... I think I'll just shut my brain off, to much things that seem incoherent in that anime x)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 13, 2014 3:32 AM

Feb 2012
If they dropped the supernatural world saving crap and sticked with a normal rom-com style, I would've enjoyed show this much much more!

Too bad, the style and characters were all great. Why did it have to go too deep?
Jul 13, 2014 1:05 PM

May 2014
what a shitty ending..........
Jul 15, 2014 6:24 PM

Dec 2012
It was mindblowing... I don't know what to rate this show
Jul 17, 2014 2:55 AM
Aug 2012
This was to damn confusing for a harem anime!! 6/10 for me.
Jul 20, 2014 11:21 AM

Jul 2012
That was actually quite good. I mean, really!

This is a harem anime, and it actually had a story and depth. It's unbelievable.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jul 22, 2014 1:10 AM

Jun 2013
SOOOOO BULLSHIT these last 2 episodes made me want to die, the episode 12 fighting was cool but this shit was way too rushed, lots of things I could complain about but screw that. Since I enjoyed 9/13 episodes I'll give it a 6 out of sympathy for the slaughtered ending
Jul 23, 2014 6:11 AM

Mar 2013
nice nice just nice this anime never bores me and it keeps me entertained and the story line is pretty interesting... Looking forward to season 2 if that ever happens... 9/10 for me...
Jul 29, 2014 10:56 AM
Jul 2014
At the first half when it mentioned that a magician, clergy, NINJA, SAMURAI ... did try to save Bladefield I expected the ending would be wack. SAMURAI and NINJA in Medieval Europe? LOL
But I didn't expect the ending would be that horrible! I even spend half an hour trying to find out what word that would describe how horrible the ending is. No luck, no words would describe how wack the ending is.

BTW the ship scene in the last episodes happened in the real world, so Souta met the girls (and a boy) before the story began. Like what one of the programs mentioned, she'll remove her memory. Maybe that's why Souta reminded Akane about her promise.(whatever it is) The question is how did the programs existed in the real word? I believe even both Toka Takei and Ayumu Watanabe have no idea how.

Mallony said:

Can anyone tell me which anime the girl in her avatar is from?
Jul 29, 2014 10:56 PM

Feb 2014
Nanami even proclaimed overuse of clches and deux ex machinas lol...and said at least we get a happy end? This isn't that happy imo, nice that we got an Akane end, but Nanami didn't get shit lol, and the idol girl was basically jus a deus ex machina fill in with no other purpose than a piece of the folk tale backstory -.- So much stuff is unexplained geh T.T Actually the whole cast itself are jus deus ex machinas, including the plot...

Also, Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushi title ripoff ending?!!!!! Hells no take that back lol, hells no you can't jus randomly put "the world is so beautiful" in this random-ass harem lol.

Since I started watching jus for Samurai-san (Mei), I finished it rather than dropping, but still disappointing as I expected starting from the 2nd episode. One min you want the girls to be waifu material, next moment you regret thinking that lol ;(

In the end, even the fan-service failed my expectations. 5/10.

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Aug 2, 2014 11:55 PM
May 2012
It would've been good if I can see all of the characters at the end. It was just Akane and Souta and then the rest of the girls. Not sure if that's a happy ending or not.

Great harem, though the other, "Matrix" like story I felt was not executed properly. There were confusions here and there. Lots of questions during some scenes at some episodes.

It's not entirely bad though for me. The harem with comedy was the saving grace for me on this one.

7/10
Aug 5, 2014 7:44 AM

Mar 2010
Well despite having a low score I actually enjoyed watching this, although I still don't fully understand what the Angel Boat is. Still it is entertaining enough.
Aug 10, 2014 12:29 AM

Dec 2008
A harem that could be described as a datesime , flag grab game with elements of a loose combo of .hack.// and The Matrix.....but IT STILL FELL TOO SHORT OF EVEN MODERATE QUALITY....5/10....
Aug 11, 2014 11:13 PM

Jul 2013
This anime's "plot" was really a pathetic attempt to show people that this is not just your typical harem show... damn, At the very least it had some of its moments and I was not that bored during the ride.

5/10
Aug 18, 2014 6:17 PM
Nov 2007
Well the ending escalated quickly... The beginning was "okay" as far as harems go why not just keep it like that instead of doing all those crazy plot twists near the end.. They also went and made it super hard the distinguish between the worlds near the end..
Aug 19, 2014 9:00 PM

Jun 2013
This was a pretty decent harem anime. The plot was okay but confusing. The only character I didn't like that much was Nanami. 7/10
Aug 20, 2014 4:52 AM

Jan 2012
but dem voice pitches almost broke all the glasses in my house

my eardrums were already toasted somewhere during 3rd EP

fun series overall though the ending was a bit out of place

7.5/10
Sep 8, 2014 2:17 PM
Apr 2013
it werent a regretible serie

i loved it

in the end the girl her memories back, so all get it back? i hope so

they deserve memory back
Sep 24, 2014 9:42 PM

Sep 2013
Does someone want to explain the ending to me? Did the Premium Ambriel incident occur in a virtual world, or the real world? Why is everyone still alive in the real world? Weren't they only allowed to live on in "oblivion", that is, the virtual worlds..?

I don't even know what I'm saying...
Oct 25, 2014 1:38 AM

Apr 2012
涙。
'A man, that maketh haste to be rich, and envieth others, is ignorant that poverty shall come upon him'. - Proverbs 28:22
Nov 19, 2014 3:15 AM

Nov 2009
I still can't believe how they smoothly pulled out a Little Busters halfway through the series
Nov 27, 2014 4:10 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice ending I must say, quite liked the overall anime a lot more than first expected, especially with that flag concept and well the characters had their own unique and quite lovely characteristics so I sure liked the overall anime series. Looking forward to see the OVA!
Jan 21, 2015 10:12 AM

Nov 2011
This anime went from harem to fantasy to sudden sci-fi @_@

I dont even know anymore
Dec 10, 2015 2:04 AM

Mar 2014
Essence of a principality .
Last boss Flag .
Faithfully ~ .
Truth of all burdens .
Purpose of the bestowed .
In peace and benevolence .
REALLY GREAT EPISODE .

"The world is beautiful." Should be the "Truth of all things" from the other 'networks' that also have been led by this incredible anime . I do feel at ease now . It seems the whole production is like the subjects in schools . You'll be relaxed in the beginning but when it diverts to something , It gets just a bit of annoyance ~ . Well , I'm not that great at comparison though . But Two things are for sure . The Shifting didn't brought 'Quality-kind-of-stuff' and The Characters are really CUTE ~ . I praise them for their efforts . Though being longer could be very great .. Because no --obvious-- harem ending .. OTP anyway .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2016 1:15 PM

Jul 2016
This anime is great.
Aug 25, 2016 10:36 AM

Jan 2015
This show saved Harem anime for me!!! I was watching a lot of high rated ”comedy/harem” series ( starting from 7.50+ ), but every anime felt like shit tier (4/10) ... and yeah, this show had pretty useless drama for a bit...but the comedy...THE MTFKN COMEDY...oh boy, that was what I call entertainment...pretty character designs...likeable Tsundere ( 3rd Tsundere I ever liked [ 1st. Taiga from Toradora, 2nd. Tohsaka from Fate/stay night ]...I swear, Im not a masochist...overall = 8/10, idk I saw the score - it was 6,58 or so, but it had nice cover and interesting summary...why not?... I hope to find more pearls like this...I want more...oh..wait a sec...it has an OVA!!! Yeeehaaa...time to watch it also...bye bye suckas
Oct 24, 2016 3:24 PM

Jun 2011
Thought I've seen this anime before, turns out I've dropped the manga a while ago, and for the same reason I didn't like the anime - the pace. Not the anime pace, the story's pacing, it's the same in the manga, for at least the first 3 chapters. New girls being introduced in every new episode. The show suddenly wanted to include some fantasy/magic, and sci-fi.. honestly it felt more like a bad parody than anything. This show is a prime example of how to make your audience not invested in a series.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

144 by JC612 »»
Jan 11, 1:24 AM

Poll: » Who's favorite harem character

MysteryFan89 - Aug 7, 2023

1 by pinkfoxboi »»
Aug 12, 2023 7:46 PM

» So can anyone tell me what the hell happened?[spoilers]

sweetsymphony - Jun 29, 2014

10 by ilos28 »»
May 30, 2022 5:26 AM

» Will this be on funimation without premium

Bunniedoll - Jul 20, 2021

1 by SoulFighter17 »»
Jul 20, 2021 10:03 PM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

95 by Ashhk »»
Apr 16, 2021 2:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.