Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2014 7:42 PM
Jul 2011
If I can pretend the last two episodes didn't happen, I'd say this was a rather enjoyable watch.
Otherwise....I don't really know.

I'll give it a 6.
Julyjack73Jun 29, 2014 7:52 PM
Jun 29, 2014 7:49 PM
Mar 2014
Good? Bro, this is bullshit. Arms should just stop producing anime, first Elfen Lied now this?
Jun 29, 2014 7:51 PM

Dec 2013
Not sure how but I'm glad Kazumi survived.

Btw, is this an anime only ending?

5/10
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jun 29, 2014 7:55 PM
Jul 2011
No. The (ongoing) manga had pretty much the same thing happen, though with a few changes.
Jun 29, 2014 8:01 PM

Jul 2013
Kuroibara- said:
Not sure how but I'm glad Kazumi survived.

Btw, is this an anime only ending?

5/10
No, it is not an 'anime only ending'. Evrething they did in anime was rushed (but everything happened in manga too), that's why you whould say it is bad, and it is in comparation with manga
Jun 29, 2014 8:03 PM

Aug 2008
RIP Kotori.

I really hope Kotori will be back in the future. Chisato said he can do it again to bring her back. Hopefully someone will bring her back. Wishful thought.

So Mako is dead too? She is Kuroha's real blood sister?I wonder why non of the witches ever plan to see their parents/family. After they escape from the labs,surely they must have thought of seeing their real parents.
ZapredonJun 29, 2014 9:13 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 29, 2014 8:05 PM

Nov 2012
Sweet, Kuroha confessed and kissed Ryouta. Who cares if she lost her memory, at least she survived.
Kazumi got me scare for a second, I thought she was dead. Too bad Kotori died.

I guess the ending was a bit rushed, but that kiss made up for it.
Jun 29, 2014 8:13 PM

Feb 2013
The show had a good start and then it just went downhill. I would watch a second season but I doubt this show gets one.

5/10
Jun 29, 2014 8:22 PM

Jan 2011
This ending was just a big sloppy misty ejected mess like i can't even comprehend it right now... i can't.

one things for sure spring showed me how bad some shows can be being rushed as hell, sorry Brynhildr you had something interesting going but it just went downhill after a while 4/10
Jun 29, 2014 8:37 PM

Aug 2013
ended one of the best anime of the season in my opinion
the last episode was half rushed, and presented a lot things, but I think it also left open the possibility of a second season (hopefully this can happen), after almost all the girls survived, even here I thought it would not happen
poor Kotori, was a favorite of mine, liked her personality and also their dubbing, but my favorite was the Neko, she was always very cute, Kana was not very prominent, but ended up surviving, I already imagined that Hatsuna not would die, and eventually she probably should have saved Kazumi
I liked the animation and of the plot of the anime, I found a great soundtrack, especially the first opening I found the best of the season and the best of the year so far
I will continue to follow the manga from now, for surely this is a great work, and very worthwhile both to see the anime how read the manga
Jun 29, 2014 8:47 PM

May 2011
While the adaptation is apparently bad, I'm part of that group that is ignorant to the source material. Ignorance is bliss, so I rather enjoyed the despair of the series. I would've fancied an explanation to that atrocity they called a cliff hanger since I don't think I'm going to check the source material out. I hardly ever do.

For what I saw, it fluctuated from wow to OK, all the way down to meh, and then back up to OK.
Before that cliffhanger, I was about to give an 8 for ending in despair. I was both relieved and disappointed to see the rest of the cast alive again.

5 is average, so 6/10. Slightly above average.
Jun 29, 2014 9:08 PM
Jul 2018
What type of ending was that? I have no idea what I just watched... Oh well... I have to agree with everyone... this was rushed alright...

8/10
Jun 29, 2014 9:20 PM

Nov 2013
Less boob groping in the bath please, and more time given to the end.

I have to say it's not as awful as I thought it's be. It was... okay. Lovely art. That ending was awful, though.

6/10
Jun 29, 2014 9:43 PM

Jan 2013
Disappointing episode. The only really disappointing episode too :(
The other episodes up till the last 2 were so great.
Jun 29, 2014 9:55 PM

Feb 2013
It felt like they were trying to fit 3 episodes into one. I really liked the show too but it was wayy too rushed. What's the point of even making an adaptation if it's going to ruin the overall image of the series? Oh well.. Kazumi is alive so I'm happy.
Jun 29, 2014 9:56 PM

Apr 2009
This is probably the first time I've ever given an episode a 1 on MAL. They totally ruined this. If you at least liked the show early on give the manga a a shot. Much better than this deplorable mess.
Jun 29, 2014 10:09 PM

Jan 2013
LOL I just got done finishing up Durarara!!, which turned out to be one of my favorite anime, and then watched this; big mistake. It made this episode seem even worse than it was.

5/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2014 10:11 PM

May 2009
This whole anime was a giant mess :/
Jun 29, 2014 10:14 PM

Jul 2013
really disappointing episode. loved the series so far but this ep was really rushed. going to have to read the manga now :/
Jun 29, 2014 10:20 PM

Mar 2013
lmfao, that was one of the worst things I've ever seen. It was worth it to watch that shitty MC cry whilst cheery music played, though. I laughed. A really deserved 1/10
Jun 29, 2014 10:32 PM

Oct 2013
6/10. I like neko and Murakami. Though it was quite a mess as it went on. LOL
Jun 29, 2014 10:43 PM

May 2012
08:46 Kazumi in half

10:06 u can have my child

15:04 suupaa saiyajin!!

18:15 dat tsundere

2/10 for this finale. Worst ep of the entire series.
It's like they squeezed 3 to 4 ep's into 1. /facepalm
Dat usual bad animation + worse-than-usual terrible directing.
ShirubaasouruJun 30, 2014 5:49 AM
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 29, 2014 11:08 PM

Mar 2012
It was great at the start but when Valkyria arc started, it was a Huge Epic Fail i`ve ever seen, the 2nd OP theme song describe why it turn out to be trashy.
The final episode is Super Rushed like a bullet train.

Best girl : Kazumi, Kana, Nanami, Hatsuna
Worst girl : Everyone else (Kotori Takatori is worst than Poop)

7/10 for this because it has good moments and Kazumi being alive because Irony
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jun 29, 2014 11:22 PM

Jul 2013
this show is dumb.. and that people is a fact. However being dumb doesn't necessarily mean that it's bad. Being dumb can either be annoying and entertaining and this show is like that. so 6/10

who were the two that Murakami visited? there were two stones.. the other one was probably Kotori but who is the other?
Jun 29, 2014 11:41 PM

Dec 2012
plot was amazing, but everything seems rushed, the fight scene between neko and mako couldve been longer. and damn... neko forgot everything again, but at least she was able to tell murakami her feelings. def gonna start reading the manga cause i feel like i'm missing a lot of things

murakami: you're just being used
mako: is that true, chisato?
chisato: yes
mako: that's what i like about you
i love mako for this
Jun 30, 2014 12:06 AM

May 2012
what a fucking troll. but probably the best episodes out of 12. 6/10 for overall
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Jun 30, 2014 12:20 AM

Jun 2011
Episodes 1 to 9 -> Great (with minimum: rush, changes & skips)
Episodes 10 & 11 -> Good to ok (with medium: rush, changes & skips + -missing arc-)
Episodes 12 & 13 -> Disappointing...
they changed critical moments..
Kana's!!!! (one of my fav. moment in the whole series), Kotori's death & Neko vs Mako (epic fight!!! Rei guns vs Kamehamehas) -,-
still, i won't judge a whole series based on these last 2 episodes or let's say the last episode specifically..
i enjoyed it a lot overall that's all that matter to me.. looking forward for the blurays. :D
Jun 30, 2014 12:26 AM

Oct 2010
lol this show is so generic/bordering bad in almost every aspect. This last episode was just trash.
SimmianPrimeJun 30, 2014 12:29 AM
Jun 30, 2014 12:41 AM

Jun 2014
Man, my only real problem is of course the rushing. If only they fit all this into 2 seasons, or 2 cours. Take your pick. Would have easily been a great show and it had a lot of potential I feel.

I enjoyed this show for a majority of it and I'm going to be generous with the scoring. 7/10.
Jun 30, 2014 12:48 AM

Aug 2013
PrimeX said:

who were the two that Murakami visited? there were two stones.. the other one was probably Kotori but who is the other?

The friend Kotori was with before she met Murakami and the others. You know, the one who gave Kotori her pills.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 30, 2014 12:53 AM
Dec 2013
Kazumi alived?!?! I can't belive it.In the shows said Kazumi was dead and at the end she was appear and alive,amuse me. Something miracle on that pills. Anyways,I must said this is the best anime of spring 2014 based on a little bit Astronomy.One more thing to say, Hatsuna Wakabayashi is deathless,immortal,everlasting and Unbeatable.
Jun 30, 2014 12:56 AM

Aug 2012
Remake requested, period.

Well, seriously, this series reveals a huge problem for the Anime industry that's been lurking around for years. The staff have to make animes like there would never be another cour, so they try to squeeze as much as they could in one cour and use these 12 to 13 episodes as an expensive advertisement for the original works. Sometimes it works, if handled properly, sometimes it fails miserably. Just like this series. Since I am a fan of the original work it makes me even madder.

Guess I will find something new to watch. At least I have the manga though.
Jun 30, 2014 1:06 AM
Mar 2013
Despite the obvious rushing, I actually quite enjoyed this series. Picking up the manga might answer some of my questions.
7/10
Jun 30, 2014 1:19 AM

Aug 2013
SweetKotomi said:
Iolo said:

I never read the manga so I guess thats why I so damn confused. How is Kazumi and Hatsuna alive? Who were the TWO graves for. Why is Kana back in a wheelchair?

I feel like without reading the manga the anime leaves so many unanswered questions at the end.

At least in Elfen Lied they leave it up to the person watching to determine the ending. Here its just like wtf just happened.

Besides the ending the show itself was not half bad, but i feel like the ending ruined it for me.

Well we know one grave is for Kotori and I think the second one is for Rena, Chisato's sister.

The other grave is Kotori's witch friend who killed herself so that Kotori could celebrate her birthday. Kotori buried her goop in the woods after she died.
Jun 30, 2014 1:22 AM

Sep 2008
i'm just ranting here...but i need to, such a ruched ending, i've been an otaku for like 10 tyears...and this is probabl the first time i'm gonna rant about a single episode....
OnePieceQ8 said:
^
There's a handicap/limit for her healing ability (in the manga)..
and like i said the pills & the eject button are the only ways for her to die.

just this ep dropped this series from a 7(quite good ignoring detaills) to a 1(WORST ending ive seen in my life)
so, if i'm not a manga reader i'm supposed to understand they are fucking inmortal because one of them can freely bring back people to live? (once a day is a limit? tha´ts a like 365 x 7 dragon balls )

AAAAA WORST ENDING I'VE SEEN IN YEARS!!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

and i tougth sao did a "bad" job stuffing 4 novels in 25 chapters! this damm studio just jammed like 5 manga chapters into 5 mins!
WE DIDINT GET IT DAMM IT!!!!

rant over...

i know this is a rushed anime, the source is good, if it wasnt we woudnt be here 13 eps later, but i'm not touching another anime from that director....this is elfen lied gone wrong...+aliens....
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jun 30, 2014 1:22 AM

Aug 2013
Hmmm well it was rushed, but ok.

We got the Kuroneko x Murakami confession and kiss. She got her memories back too, it's a shame she lost them again though. You could see Murakami's face when she was looking through the telescope at the end. He knew that the button was the only way, but it would be another .1% chance.

Hatsuna revived Kazumi, so only Kotori passed away, along with Mako I guess.
Breakthrough with the alien baby and the pills meant the girls could live too.

Chisato got lit the fuck up. That felt so rewarding.

Guess it's time to wait for the 11.5 since with the rushedness and the way the sorta "wrapped everything up" during the credits I don't expect a season 2.
Jun 30, 2014 1:39 AM

Mar 2011
Ok so what exactly are the witches, how were they created, why?

"It was all to try and bring back by daughter."

That's nice, so how did you create the witches and why do they have powers?

"Aliens!"

Care to elaborate?

"Aliens!"

Well can't say I expected much more of an explanation.

Oh and then how does the ending go.

"I remember everything now"

That's great! So this will probably lead to either a happy ending, or you will die heroically after regaining your memories right?

"Nope I lost all my memories now"

Well then, let's just forget about that and say it was a happy ending anyway and make everyone look happy hanging out together.

Ehh it was a enjoyableish anime, but it was messy. 7/10 overall.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jun 30, 2014 1:40 AM

Jul 2013
LOOOOOL.... I just had to laugh when Nanami appeared AGAIN as a ghost. The Hexenjagd once again showed their stupidity, it was hilarious to see them just sit there and pray but when the light disappeared they had to rush to catch the enemies... *sigh* I haven't seen any characters acted that stupid since Copellion.

And Kazumi... oh my Goood!!! What kind of human can still talk after being severed in half?

This show should be called deux ex machina no brynhildr. Sooooo, sooo bad... just like almost every harem, the girls are the only redeemable aspect of this show, Murakami is one of the most annoying lead ever with his screaming and crying. Even then I only stayed this long because I was curious about the alien and even that one is disappointing..

I originally had this on 3 but screw that, the last 2 episodes alone make this show deserve 2/10. It's officially as bad as if not worse than Akuma no Riddle.
Jun 30, 2014 1:51 AM

May 2013
Kotori died. Oh well. Kazumi was saved. It looked like she was gonna live anyway.
Neko lost her memories again. At least she didn't die. She just lost her memories of it all.
Jun 30, 2014 2:09 AM

Jan 2014
Aww Neko lost her memories yet again... Overall i think it was a decent ending. Wasn't Kazumi cut in half? i guess the only explanation for her being alive must be Hatsuna.

comment:
It had some good episodes with plot moving, comedy and serious acts but sometimes it just felt like there should have been more in between those changes. It was quite spontaneous at times, lying there and almost dead and then suddenly.. BAM comedy and fan service in your face. It was a decent series and i think the ending was properly executed compared to say Akuma no riddle... I'm aiming around 6-7. I think it had many good things and there was quite a lot of potential but given that it was only 13 episodes, with all the information we received, they could have doubled that and used that valuable time to go in details with lost elements e.g.. the aliens in the witches nest...
CandyFaceJun 30, 2014 2:28 AM
Jun 30, 2014 2:23 AM

Feb 2012
Can't believe they killed off Kotori :((

Dayuuum, Neko lost her memories once again!

Just glad that Kazumi and Hatsuna are still alive.

Wondered why Kana was back in the wheel chair, but read the previous post and got to know why..

Siberian said:
Kana's body has atrophied because she's been paralyzed for most of her life so she can't get around very well. You can see that she has crutches in her wheelchair.

Will now read the manga because the anime seemed rushed! :(
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 30, 2014 3:06 AM

Nov 2013
Wow I was like what the hell... Ep13 is the worst episode I ever seen after compared to manga. It contains so many plot holes skip here and there and I was like watching nothing lol. So in the end you must read manga so that you will know why Kazumi and Hatsuna are alive. I accept that the fact Kana was still sitting on the wheelchair. They shouldn't rush the anime though I think. Starting from the 2nd OP the anime has became worse and have plotholes already. I rate overall 9/10 but the ending somehow been destroyed…
Newbie :P
Jun 30, 2014 3:26 AM

Feb 2013
Haven't read the manga but that felt super rushed. Judging from all the posts I'm right. Wish they showed why Kazumi is still alive but im assuming since Hatsuna is alive too she used the same voodoo magic she used on Ryouta.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Jun 30, 2014 3:31 AM

Oct 2009
I'm disappointed, they messed up the entire story....6/10 only because the first arcs were decently animated.
Jun 30, 2014 3:36 AM

May 2008
Such a great show, it cant be helped if its rushed if its only going to be 13 episodes. In fact it didnt really feel that bad, no time for mourning but still great. In fact for rushing through so much i feel they did a good job. Definitely most underrated show of this season real sad really.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 30, 2014 3:41 AM

Jan 2014
Great. Really liked it. Didn't feel to me like too rushed. According to other
people's opinions, I'd say probably because I haven't read the manga.~
Jun 30, 2014 3:44 AM

Sep 2011
rsc-pl said:
DoctorWasabi said:
Still better than NGNL

I'm glad, that there are normal people also here.

I have to say the same thing. Thought I wanted to know NGNL gets so much hype. All I see are loli, different kinds of loli. While I get the point of the story, it's done in a meandering way not too interesting.

As for this series, the series was at least entertaining until the valkyrie appeared.
No way to recall
What it was that you had said to me
Like I care at all
But it was so loud
And you sure could yell
You took a stand on every little thing
And it was so loud
Jun 30, 2014 4:01 AM

Jun 2014
I personally liked it but I don't think they executed it too well, or rather they couldn't because it's only 1-cour considering everything felt too rushed (a lot of plot holes and rushed information) and it's unfortunate to see potential go to waste like this. Would like to see OVA's to explain more, perhaps a Season 2 with flashbacks.

(Am I the only one who gets slightly creeped out by their eyes? i.e. when the iris forms a circle)

On a side note, NGNL was over-hyped but wasn't a total disappointment, twas an enjoyable series in my honest opinion.

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jun 30, 2014 4:18 AM

Apr 2014
I loled at the bulletproof guy. Decent show but the last few episodes were really rushed. Still I enjoyed it somehow 7/10
Jun 30, 2014 4:26 AM
Aug 2010
So many open holes left in the anime. Read the manga if you want to understand it all. Episode 12-13 basically skipped a whole 40 chapters and rushed to the end. Even the fight scene between the neko and neko's sister was cut to a third or something. The whole fight scene was butchered, as well as kotori dieing. Infact the whole episode butchered the whole manga material. Heres some explanation that the anime left out:

Why kazumi is alive at the end.

Explanation for Kana moving

Why Hatsuna lives after melting

The drug explanation in the manga vs anime

Read the manga. It is so much better and explains everything. Plus it is still ongoing

Even though the show was a trainwreck, i enjoyed the adaption because i get to see the characters animated
ResourceJun 30, 2014 4:52 AM
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it set in the same world as Elfen Lied?

Saku33 - Nov 16, 2023

5 by Buny0058 »»
Nov 18, 2023 12:33 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

126 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:41 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

231 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 6:03 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

308 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 4:49 AM

» Anybody still here

Iamtheeggman - Mar 30, 2021

29 by Barrycade »»
May 6, 2023 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.