Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2014 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit that was rushed. Well, we do get Kuroha vs Valkyria in a big climatic match/fight.

Oh poor Chisato. I almost feel sorry for him when he used himself as a human shield. Kiss spotted between Kuroha and Ryouta. Everything felt way too fast though to squeeze everything together...
Jun 29, 2014 6:27 AM

Apr 2009
>Kazumi just being alive at the end

This fucking show hahahahaha

I mean I know why she's alive, but at least the manga explains it. The anime is just like lolalive
Jun 29, 2014 7:29 AM
Jun 2014
One of my favorite anime of 2014. Please be a season 2. I was so happy that Neko got her memories back. Then BAM. "WHO ARE YOU?"
Jun 29, 2014 7:34 AM
Jul 2011
Amarrez said:
I mean I know why she's alive, but at least the manga explains it. The anime is just like lolalive

Teach me master!?
Jun 29, 2014 7:37 AM

Jul 2010
Kotori able remember being Ichijiku's sister!
Valkyrie being Neko's older sister!
That 0.1% success rate! Neko remembers everything and they kiss!
Ichijiku protecting Valkyrie and died.
The clash between Valkyrie and Neko was quick!!! Too quick!!!
Then Neko forgets everything T.T Kazumi lived?!? Not that I mind or anything.
Argh.., this ending, I was almost all set to give this an 8, but now.... I am in a pinch!
The medicine is ready to due a sudden miracle. Yet a lot of miracles already happened this episode. Well... this was actually pretty interesting for the most part... but yea.

Edit: A 7 it is. The ending wasn't exactly all that bad. Except for a little pacing issue, it was actually pretty good. As most people lived and it was quite enjoyable and cute sometimes when Ryouta spends time with the girls. I spelt Valkyrie wrong xD
FatefulLoveJun 30, 2014 7:10 AM
Jun 29, 2014 7:38 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Hatsuna didn't die ^^
I assume she was the one that helped Kana stand up.

RIP Kotori
You weren't the best girl in the show, but you didn't deserve to die.
I liked her cheerful and lively personality, the show won't be complete without Kotori.

Kuroneko and Murakami kiss. #YES!!!#YES!!!#YES!!!!
Nanami also makes an appearance here.

Valkyria vs Kuroneko, we all knew Kuroneko would win. However, she lost all her memories as expected. Each time Kuroha uses her powers she loses her memories. So Murakami shouldn't have been surprised that she lost her memories. He can just make knew ones with her.

Looks like the scientist guy managed to make the pills as we the see the girls, even Kazumi and Hatsuna still alive. Hatsuna probably used her magic to put Kazumi back together.

I wonder if this show will get a second season.

Kuroha x Murakami
Waiting for that 11.5 special if you know what I mean xD

Jun 29, 2014 7:42 AM
Feb 2014
Amarrez said:

I have to admit, i thought they were gonna kill her off until the end (I WOULDA BEEN SO MAD). But they showed Hatsuna alive just before Kazumi, and that itself hints that Hatsuna regenerated and then saved Kazumi. In the manga it is explained, but in the anime its hinted, i dont think its that big of a deal. Most people will realise that.

Great last episode, stuck to the manga albeit being slightly rushed but what can you expect. I literally cheered when ryouta and kuroha kissed <3

All in all, one of my favourite shows. Obviously not as good as the manga since it had to miss a lot out, but i still enjoyed it alot!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2014 7:44 AM

May 2010
by far one of the worst shows this season that i have watched. 4/10
Jun 29, 2014 7:47 AM
Sep 2009
Doesn't this episode take place almost immediately after episode 12? If so, Hatsuna is even more broken in the anime than in the manga as she is able to heal someone, regenerate, and then go heal another person, even though she hung up on the last person.

But yeah, super rushed. They probably should have cut out some of those fanservice scenes.
Jun 29, 2014 7:52 AM

Apr 2009
CookiePantsu said:
Amarrez said:

Teach me master!?

As others had mentioned, Hatsuna revives her. In the manga Kazumi was straight up decapitated, but Hatsuna revived her (turning herself into barely alive goop in the process, which Kazumi carried around in a bag).
Jun 29, 2014 7:52 AM

Aug 2013
Amarrez said:

I never read the manga so I guess thats why I so damn confused. How is Kazumi and Hatsuna alive? Who were the TWO graves for. Why is Kana back in a wheelchair?

I feel like without reading the manga the anime leaves so many unanswered questions at the end.

At least in Elfen Lied they leave it up to the person watching to determine the ending. Here its just like wtf just happened.

Besides the ending the show itself was not half bad, but i feel like the ending ruined it for me.
My Candies:
Jun 29, 2014 8:00 AM
Feb 2014
Iolo said:
Amarrez said:

I never read the manga so I guess thats why I so damn confused. How is Kazumi and Hatsuna alive? Who were the TWO graves for. Why is Kana back in a wheelchair?

I feel like without reading the manga the anime leaves so many unanswered questions at the end.

At least in Elfen Lied they leave it up to the person watching to determine the ending. Here its just like wtf just happened.

Besides the ending the show itself was not half bad, but i feel like the ending ruined it for me.

Yeah i was confused by the grave bit, im guessing one is kotori, and maybe the other is mako? (although black hole, maybe its just a grave in memory of her)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2014 8:01 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Iolo said:
Amarrez said:

Well we know one grave is for Kotori and I think the second one is for Rena, Chisato's sister.

Jun 29, 2014 8:01 AM
Sep 2009
Iolo said:
Amarrez said:

I never read the manga so i guess thats why I so damn confused. How is Kazumi and Hatsuna alive? Who were the TWO graves for. Why is Kana back in a wheelchair?.

Hatsuna can regenerate, she is essentially immortal so long as she's not ejected. She can regenerate the wounds of other people too, which is why Kazumi is alive,

The graves were for Kotori and her friend, Chie.

Kana's body has atrophied because she's been paralyzed for most of her life so she can't get around very well. You can see that she has crutches in her wheelchair.
Jun 29, 2014 8:06 AM

Aug 2013
Kerozinn said:
by far one of the worst shows this season that i have watched. 4/10

You are kidding me right? Shits like NGNL or Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou gets high notes as hell for their stupidity, but interesting series like Gokukoku no Brynhildr or Mekakucity Actors are hated, I don't get you people.

9/10
rsc-plJun 29, 2014 10:29 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 29, 2014 8:13 AM
Jan 2014
Hatsuna's ability is extremely practical, not too surprised. She is a rank A witch, after all.
Kotori was not the best character ever, but she was very cheerful. Her death was not pointless, atleast. I didn't like any of the characters at all, though.
The scene where Kuroha opened up a micro black whole, in order to counter Mako's antimatter blast was awesome.
I feel bad for Murakami though, atleast he received a kiss.
Both of the OPs were good as standalone songs and had good animation sequences, but didn't match the anime.
The OST was not the most amazing thing ever, but it had a lot of variety and was somewhat fitting.
The ending was not the most amazing thing ever, but it wasn't all that bad either.
I liked the character designs and the art, as well.
Looking forward to watching the upcoming special episode and reading the manga.

Going to rate this 7/10 overall, altough it's a bit too much.
Jun 29, 2014 8:16 AM

Jul 2013
man why the fuck did they rush this they changed the whole plot wtf is wrong with the anime producers this year they fucked up dal II, mekakucity actors and now this well whatever i gave it a 7/10 it was an okay anime but i recommend reading the manga
Jun 29, 2014 8:18 AM

Nov 2009
Wait, what? Did they just cram 100+ chapters in 13 episodes?
Jun 29, 2014 8:24 AM

Jan 2012
Leio said:
Wait, what? Did they just cram 100+ chapters in 13 episodes?

yep... thats how they magic it...RUSHED

though disappointed a bit...well, we still have the manga...
Jun 29, 2014 8:32 AM

Dec 2013
holy crap was this episode a terrible mess. one of the single worst episodes of anything i have seen. everything was incredibly rushed to the point where very little of it made any actual sense. the number of manga chapters they tried to squeeze into one episode here was ridiculous. if i hadn't read the manga i would have no idea what was really going on.

it was a pretty decent show up until now too. nothing exceptional but it kept me interested and entertained.
Jun 29, 2014 8:32 AM

Apr 2014
This was terrible just like the last episode. One does not cram more than 60 chapters in just 2 episodes and not to mention they changed so much stuff. At least the manga was more satisfying so I'll just stick with that.
6/10
Jun 29, 2014 8:40 AM

Oct 2013
Man dat kiss was all that mattered. Oh maybe dat sacrifice too.
Jun 29, 2014 8:41 AM

Apr 2014
Kotori ejected herself to protect everyone then she melts, She's still cheerful even she's dying, Damn it why she needs to DIE!

Kazumi was been sliced into two by Valkyria then she was found by Murakami but she insisted to save Neko instead of helping her...

Mako's craziness for Chisato is damn annoying! She still follows the order of Chisato which is Killing her little sister Neko even if she knew that she was just being used by him!

Mako/Valkyria attacks Murakami and disabling Neko then suddenly Kana arrives and she can walk again! But she traded her "future forecasting powers" to be able to move again. Neko push "eject button" which is could be actually regain button(?) got her powers and all her memories back and will protect Ryouta that time.

The fight between Mako and Neko starts! Neko was really the most powerful S-Rank Witch and she was able to make Mako run out of Magic.

When Chisato was dead Mako goes berserk and she was able to create a "anti-meter" to destroy them all! But Neko said she can still defeat her with her "Micro Black Hole"

And at the very End it was revealed that Hatsuna was alive (Although knew it when I seen her regenerates herself last episode) and she healed/saved Kazumi.

So because of the rushed and overly wrapped up chapters of the manga on every episode I'll give this Anime a 8/10 score overall.
RayzerJun 29, 2014 5:50 PM
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 29, 2014 8:44 AM

Jul 2013
This is show started pretty good, but the last episodes were a big failure in comparation with manga; they rushed everything and didn't explain some essential things; i don't think they will make a 2nd season after they rushed this one so bad...
Jun 29, 2014 8:48 AM

Oct 2010
Last few episodes were far too rushed, too much was changed or excluded. Still an enjoyable series though.
Jun 29, 2014 8:59 AM

Apr 2013
Like everyone said, it felt way to rushed.
I didn't read the manga so I don't know the details, but for now....

6/10
Jun 29, 2014 9:02 AM
Feb 2013
Dunno how I made it to the end. It's not even about being rushed, it's just bad. RIP Kazumi.
4/10
Jun 29, 2014 9:03 AM
Apr 2014
kana should have had a bigger role then just being a meat shield when she arrived....

also kotori ejecting herself was so anticlimatic compared to the manga......

and then hexanjagd with the 5sec cameo, o god....
Jun 29, 2014 9:05 AM

Jul 2013
xikarra said:
Dunno how I made it to the end. It's not even about being rushed, it's just bad. RIP Kazumi.
4/10
I don't know if you have seen it 'till the end, but
And if you will read the manga you will see it is not that bad at all
Jun 29, 2014 9:06 AM

Feb 2011
Shit ending and shit adaption. The only good thing about this anime was the first OP.
I'll read the manga.
6/10
Jun 29, 2014 9:18 AM

Dec 2012
I feel kinda bad for Kotori being the only one actually dying. At least they haven't went like the endings of Akuma no Riddle and Mekakucity Actors where
Jun 29, 2014 9:23 AM

May 2011
This is one of those series you want to like cause the premise is dark and interesting. But the mediocre manga writing and the pitiful anime adaption of said manga writing just craps on it completely.

And not even the girl kisses boy can save it. It like a terrible SyFy flick.
Jun 29, 2014 9:28 AM

Jan 2014
BULL SHIT ENDING. Seriously I'm so pissed at this ending, Kazumi and Kotori dying , and Neko having fucking amnesia again?!?!!?? No...just no. I did like how Chisato sacrificed himself for Valkyria, and him saying emotions is what he hates most in the world. Was a 8/10 show but after this bs final, it went down to a 7. Still better than NGNL
Jun 29, 2014 9:29 AM

Mar 2008
Cirris said:
This is one of those series you want to like cause the premise is dark and interesting. But the mediocre manga writing and the pitiful anime adaption of said manga writing just craps on it completely.

And not even the girl kisses boy can save it. It like a terrible SyFy flick.

word

I also loved how Kazumi was magically alive again at the end
just perfect directing
(3/10 fyi)
Jun 29, 2014 9:29 AM
Apr 2013
It was super rushed but Kazumi was alive at the end which is all that matters.
I give it a 8/10 even with it's flaws.
Jun 29, 2014 9:30 AM

Jun 2013
Looks like they knew better. If my Kazumi were truly dead I'd give this a 1/10. Even though they didn't show it, I'm pretty sure Hatsuna saved her.
Felt great when Murakami kicked that bastard in the face. Should have kept going though, he deserved a few more.

My final score is 7/10. Solid, but rushed anime with a lot of unanswered questions at the end.
Jun 29, 2014 9:41 AM
Feb 2013
Frankly, a bit disappointing, this last episode. I've never been overly negative as some (trolls) were about the series, and I thought it had its good moments, and all in all was a reasonably ok series for this season...but this last episode really was TOO rushed. Sometimes to the point where it didn't make sense anymore, and it felt really stupid. (the 'church' guys suddenly all reverting to "nothing can be done, let's stay in the helicopter and pray." - Really??) The 'deaths' of the girls, while at the very end showing Kazumi alive...without any explanation. and generally, the much-to-rushed execution of almost every scene, made this episode botched to a very large degree. The manga did a much more proper job at it - primarily because it didn't rush it, and explained things much better.

No, I think the anime would have seriously improved even if it had had only one extra episode. Over the whole series, if they had done it with 16 episodes instead of 13, it wouldn't have to need to cut corners anywhere (it remained fairly faithful to the manga up until the 5th), but especially at the end they really could have used an extra episode. Even ONE, at the end, would have made a huge difference, for the conclusion.

Ah well, no need to cry over spilled milk, I guess. It was still an ok anime, but with a little extra effort, it would have been much, much better, so I think the anime missed its potential a bit. It never would have reached the highs of Elfenlied, imho, but it could have at least been 'good', while now I can't give it more than an 'ok'.

So, yeah...it wasn't as awful as some whiners here constantly were reiterating each week; it had it's strengths and good moments, and I still enjoyed watching it. But it failed to realise its full potential. It's always a pity to see a series to have the potential to get a 'great', to ultimately end in 'ok'. But, as casual entertainment, it was still one of the better ones for this season. That said, the season wasn't all that strong and apart from 1 or 2, lacked high-flyers.
AnimageNebyJun 29, 2014 9:55 AM
Jun 29, 2014 10:07 AM

Mar 2012
I cant believe this, the first 9 episodes were perfect but than they just had to rush everything with 60 chapters worth of material in less than 4 episodes. they should have done this as a 2 cour series, that way they would have adapted it perfectly.

Well at the very least there are 2 improvements over elfien lied.

1 is that even tough they rushed and changed a lot of scenes at the very least it is still the main story and did not become an original ending.

Also u can pick off right of were this had ended in the manga.

Dont bet on a second season u are better off just reading the manga from here, i don't usually say this but trust me in this case u are better off.
Jun 29, 2014 10:09 AM

Aug 2013
As a manga reader, this adaptation is horrible..
They skip many plots and changed it from the manga..
First half episode is good, but when entering the valkyria arc.. everything changed..

I recommend to read the manga, way better than this..

6/10
Jun 29, 2014 10:21 AM

Jan 2011
This could of been a lot better with double the episodes. The first block was actually pretty good but pretty much when the OP changed and the introduction of Valkyria is when the cliffnotes version started. And I don't know anything about the manga and that's how I felt. Oh well. It was good, could of been better it seems. Shame.
Jun 29, 2014 10:23 AM

Aug 2013
DoctorWasabi said:
Still better than NGNL

I'm glad, that there are normal people also here.

BTW
Someone could clarify me, what happened in ending ? Why the hell everyone are alive?
rsc-plJun 29, 2014 10:28 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 29, 2014 10:23 AM

Jan 2014
This whole adaptation was a real mess, adapting 100 chapters in just 1 cour is not possible without messing up, because it is frankly A LOT of content.

It would have been a lot better if they made this a 2-cour series and explained and developed things properly, after all they skipped a lot of material that is fundamental and a lot of character development at that.

Seriously just when I thought I could expect something good of a very nice series, and this adaptation was a rushed mess.
Jun 29, 2014 10:27 AM

Jul 2013
IDK the ending felt unsatisfying to me. I mean yeah we get to see Neko's true power, then all of sudden she lost all her memories for the penalty... Also the ending credits, did not give me any happy thoughts for them too be alive. Well it's okay series but failed to meet my expectations for it 7/10.

I'm going to read the Manga and see what it looks like.

Jun 29, 2014 10:30 AM
Jul 2018
It was expected from Okamoto Lynn, as he did with his well-known Elfen Lied, awesome anime but kind of bad ending again...

I was going to give it a 9/10, but just for that ending, 8/10.

Waiting the OVA.
Jun 29, 2014 10:35 AM
Mar 2013
Fuck this so hard, she lost her memories again. It felt rushed like hell, but i still enjoyed it. 7/10 for me.
Jun 29, 2014 10:37 AM

Oct 2012
If I could rate this show accurately, it'd be a -10/10. Sadly, MAL won't let me. So, yeah, 1/10. Knocked half my IQ points out. Gone. This show can be used to instruct everything you shouldn't do with narrative.
Jun 29, 2014 10:37 AM

May 2014
It was an ok anime. I feel that if it would've been better with 24 episodes. The pacing was so horrible. Going to read the manga since so many people are talking so much about how it is better explained there.
As of right now its a 6/10 for me.
Jun 29, 2014 10:43 AM

May 2014
[quote=Ducat_Revel Knocked half my IQ points out.[/quote]

Lol must be the pacing.

No Game No Life made me feel smarter because of how Blank played
Jun 29, 2014 10:48 AM

Oct 2012
eliterodriguez said:
Ducat_Revel said:
Knocked half my IQ points out.

Lol must be the pacing.

No... It was worse than just that. It's just. Stupid. On a level I thought wasn't humanly attainable. The chick who was blown up lived, nuns... the nuns... the amnesia... Oh gosh. I. This has defeated me.
Jun 29, 2014 10:51 AM

May 2014
Ducat_Revel said:
eliterodriguez said:

Lol must be the pacing.

No... It was worse than just that. It's just. Stupid. On a level I thought wasn't humanly attainable. The chick who was blown up lived, nuns... the nuns... the amnesia... Oh gosh. I. This has defeated me.

Was there even any point for the nuns or that religious group? They could've left them out and it still wouldn't have made a difference
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it set in the same world as Elfen Lied?

Saku33 - Nov 16, 2023

5 by Buny0058 »»
Nov 18, 2023 12:33 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

126 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:41 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

231 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 6:03 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

308 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 4:49 AM

» Anybody still here

Iamtheeggman - Mar 30, 2021

29 by Barrycade »»
May 6, 2023 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.