Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jun 29, 2014 6:18 PM

Oct 2012
yay kuroha appearance~ finally!
i wish there was a outerscience song insert
i wish there were more episodes too:/

overall i think the series wrapped up decently, besides a compressed/rushed ending, but still pretty good.
still some confusing parts with the haze...

ayano got really pretty at the end :D
summertime record song still gives me teary feels though
what about haruka?? (was waiting for a scene where he wakes up in a hospital bed after everything goes back to normal)

lol my understanding of the story is like a huge blur...i think its time to go read the LN...
haineko123Jun 29, 2014 6:31 PM
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Jun 29, 2014 6:45 PM
Jun 2014
Only someone with Shintaro's eye power can understand this series

And only someone with Ayano's power can explain it to anyone.
Jun 29, 2014 6:51 PM

Apr 2013
....Well... that certainly was... something....

Overall I think the story was O.K. (Apart from Hiyori and Ayano surviving, they should've stayed dead. Not that I hate them but a bittersweet ending like that would be better IMO)

People who already know the source material, or are used to heavy cryptic plots will probably get it and will like the story, only thing I didn't like about it was again, the ending, but I guess it's fine. People have different tastes.

Jin did his part well on that note.

Everything else however.....

My god... the animation... just watch the combined "fight" against the guards.... I cringed. Kuroha "killing" all the characters too, I mean COME ON what's wrong with showing a little more blood, at least make them spit some out, Kido was thrown several meters and hit a solid pillar (or tank? forgot) FFS.

The dialogues were not well executed too... not to mention the rushing of the series and this episode in particular and also lack of explanations. Exactly how did Ayano's power affect anyone in anyway again? What was Shintaro's power? Reading Steiner? If it was shown more properly then this would not have been that much of a problem IMO.

Oh, and they butchered Summertime record. Just silhouettes? Really? At least give us that standing dramatically while wind was blowing scene...

As for the animation style, well... I would have preferred BONES' style but I guess SHAFT's style fits it too... if it weren't for the low quality...

Music was awesome though.

low budget, low quality, low quantity of episodes means this will get a low score between 4/10 to 6/10
Jun 29, 2014 6:56 PM

Dec 2013
AzuStar said:
as some1 who barely touched the original work, i can say i Liked this anime. i understood everything.

those three guys with snakes were coming back from the "snake dimension". they weren't actually dead. they were able to come out of the snake dimension because of they had snakes in them.

this timeline is different because that one guy w/ the snake that can see different timelines used his ability to full fruition. he then got the girl in the "snake dimension" to use her ability and make everyone speak up to stop snake queen from restarting time again.

Very clear explanation. Thank you :)

Fencel said:
- So basically the snake ran a long, long gambit to continue to exist forever by engineering events that would lead to the creation of a new Queen, who would continually reset the world forever so that she can continue to spend time with her friends.
- By doing this, the snake can continue to exist through Kenjirou's wish endlessly, as it would never be fulfilled through the continual reset of the world.
- The creation of the daze and the deaths of those who were swallowed by the daze were all recreated by Marry in every timeline so those are the circumstances that led to Marry meeting her friends in the original timeline.
- The incomplete Queen Marry created a new snake from her feelings of wanting to relive the past, bestowing the power on Shintaro. From every timeline after that that, Shintaro has the Branding Eyes, which allows him imprint and recall all of his memories, even from previous worlds.
- Shintaro is thus able to reach the daze, retrieve Ayano, inform her of her power to convey her thoughts (the Favoring Eyes), and lead her to berserk Marry.
- With Ayano present, Marry becomes the complete Queen. Ayano uses her ability to convey Shintaro's memories of the previous timelines and sends it to Marry, who is able to gain control of her Queen powers and orders the daze to swallow up the entire world.
- With that, Kenjirou is reunited with Ayaka and his wish on the snake is fulfilled, forcing it to seek another wish in desperation to continue existing.
- The snake is unwillingly made to grant Konoha's final wish to save Hiyori, and is turned into a surrogate life for her, allowing her to return to life. With the wish fulfilled, the snake goes silent, its consciousness ceasing to exist.
- Marry divides the snakes once again and returns them to her friends, including Haruka, allowing them all to exit the daze as she creates a new future.
- Konoha is a separate existence from Haruka. The Awakening Eyes and the Opening Eyes are part of a set: the Awakening Eyes creates a new body, and the Opening Eyes allows mental transfer to the new vessel.
- Ayano had always been able to leave the daze, but she was unaware of what was going on outside of it, and remained inside believing that she had to in order to prevent her siblings from being killed by the completion of the Medusa. The Ayano speaking to Shintaro in his dreams is actually his snake taking on Ayano's form, attempting to awaken his memories of its existence.

Everything makes sense with those explanations. It was a fun ride :)

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ZelotJun 30, 2014 3:28 AM
"If anyone wishes to stop me, let them try. If there any whose dispair can match my own!" - Lelouch Lamperouge.
Jun 29, 2014 7:01 PM

Dec 2008
A little confusing in the beginning, but once I got the hang of what was going on, I started to enjoy it.
The ending seemed a bit anticlimatic.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 29, 2014 9:49 PM

Oct 2010
I pretty much understand everything that went on but the specifics of alot of stuff eludes me.

I generally liked the setting, story and characters so I suppose eventually I'll have to check out the source material/spin-off stuff and give this a re-watch.
Jun 29, 2014 11:20 PM
May 2014
I personally loved this anime but the ball did drop after episode 10. This definitely should have been a 2 cour show. Besides that after listening to all the songs over again, I have an idea of how they should do the show again, thats if they remake the show
using the song lyrics i put the songs in order

Kagerou Project

1. Lost Time Prolouge
2. Children Record
3. Jinzou Enemy
4. Kisaragi Attention
5. Mekakushi Code
6. Kagerou Days
7. Yuukei Yesterday
8. Headphone Actor
9. Konoha no sekai Jijou
10. Dead and Seek
11. Ayano no Koufuku Riron
12. Toumei Answer
13. Ene no Dennou Kikou
14. Kaien Panzermast
15. Shinigami Record
16. Gunjou Rain
17. Souzou Forest
18. Shounen Brave
19. Otukimi Recital
20. Yobanashi Decieve
21. Outer Science
22. Marry No Kaukuu Sekai
23. days (anime ending)
24. Summer Endroll
25. Lost Time Memory
26. daze (anime opening)
27. Crying Prolouge
28. Summertime Record

if you combine some of the prolouges, you would get about 26 episodes if they do it like this. How about everyones else?
Jun 29, 2014 11:53 PM
May 2014
L-Ryoshi said:

Second, I thought the prerequisite for acquiring those Eye Powers was that a pair of people had to die for one in the pair to get a snake, and thus to gain the powers. Ayano died alone and since Shintaro died alone as well, how is it that BOTH of them gained powers? Someone please explain this to me.

As far as I know, the theory that people must die in a pair is wrong. It was never proven, and was just a conjecture by the Mekakushi Dan.
Jun 30, 2014 12:38 AM

Aug 2013
Meh it was ok. I think that I enjoyed it more as the show went on because I was able to understand some more stuff.

Kuroha was pretty underwhelming. He wanted Marry to keep making wishes so he wouldn't disappear. Pretty lame.

From what people have said, this was like an extension to the other source material. So basically in Lost Time Memory, when Shintaro sees all of those images, those are basically the different routes from the source material (like A, B, and C). The anime says that basically at the end of every route, Marry basically reset everything since all of her friends died. But in the anime ( D ) Shintaro is able to pass the memories of routes A-C with the help of Ayano to Marry, who is then able to change the direction of the route.

Then everyone is alive, and has a happy ending (except maybe not Kenjirou?) and we get to see Ayano looking amazing.

The one thing I didn't understand though was the meaning of Marry's little speech at the very end.

I also enjoyed that ending Summer Time Record.

InTheOtherWorld said:
Moodie said:
its his direction

he is basically ran everything in this anime

Shinbo directed this, not Jin. You can blame him for weird animation quirks. Jin does not control the quality of the animation itself, Shaft is also responsible for this. You can blame the story on Jin, but the animation is all Shaft.

Blame Jin for the shitty story. Blame Shaft for the shitty animation. End of story.
ZelotJun 30, 2014 3:28 AM
Jun 30, 2014 4:45 AM

Jan 2013
So little time with Ayano that I just stopped caring to know much of this series. The story between the monster and the human was really interesting to me as well but... with this ending and missing parts I do not feel inclined to watch and read the other materials. I guess this is the author's work at hand with this anime. What a mess.
Jun 30, 2014 4:59 AM
Jul 2018
Ahh. At least Jin sang Summertime Record.

And damn. NO HaruTaka. :< BOO.
Jun 30, 2014 7:19 AM

Aug 2011
MsChii said:
And damn. NO HaruTaka. :< BOO.

This. My biggest disappointment. Seriously, the last time we heard of Haruka, he said "I want to see you, Takane". So much teasing! In the end, they do not even exchange a single word on-screen after episode 6.

Not to mention Takane's pathetic reaction to Konoha a the beginning of the episode. Momo had to pry it out of her. Yes, Momo, who is (with Marry) probably the one that knows the least about Haruka.

I know I shouldn't complain because HaruTaka got a whole episode, but it's painful not to see a single hint after that huge teasing.

By the way, if someone has HaruTaka fanfictions to share, please PM me :) Just as Marry did in the previous timelines, i'll chose a happy fantasy over the grim reality.
Jun 30, 2014 9:30 AM

Feb 2013
It was ok... Very Shaft like until the very end.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Jun 30, 2014 11:27 AM

Jun 2013
I watched the anime first BUT the last episode, went and read the manga, listened to the songs, read all the light novels than came back and watched the last episode.
I must say i love everything about the story and the character. I haven't been so in love with a series since Durarara!!

Now, i look at monogatari series, then i look at MCA. WTF SHAFT ??
U cand create such beautiful animations, i always loved the stylish animation of gatari.. why couldn't u do the same for MCA ?

Anyways i see how it can be confusing for some, but i fully understand the ending, and all my questions are answered, therefore i LOVED IT

8.5/10 if the animation was better it would've been 10/10 !!!
Jun 30, 2014 11:35 AM

Jul 2013
I still don't know what happened.
At the very least, the songs are ok.
JoksPacifistJun 30, 2014 11:39 AM
Jun 30, 2014 12:17 PM

Dec 2010
Well that was an interesting episode! I understood everything until the last half, where I got kind of confused. But from reading some comments, and interpretations I understand the ending a little better. I like how every character got to use their power in some form.

I give the series an 8/10. It had a very interesting premise that was very multi-layered, which I adored. However they didn't explain it nearly well enough for me to get a proper grasp of the series until I turned to outside resources. I still liked the series, and I do definitely plan on buying the novels when they are released in English! The world of this series has a lot of potential!
Jun 30, 2014 1:00 PM

Sep 2010
So basically they just repeated the same loop over and over again, but they finally broke it? I'm confused....

6/10 it was alright, but I wanted more of a reaction from Takano when she found out about Haruka (Konoha). I wanted them to be happy together, but both existences died?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 30, 2014 6:00 PM

Feb 2008
Shaft sometimes can be hit or miss. The Monogatari series is a hit. Mekauku City Actors...it's not that I was confused, but that it felt like it built up to be something it wasn't? I don't know if that's the correct way to put it. I still enjoyed it and the characters were great. It's just the execution of the show is questionable at best.

7/10
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Jun 30, 2014 6:08 PM
Jan 2012
honestly, i thought that everything up to episode 12 was great, with exception to the Kagerou Daze part of Episode 4 (the part that's supposed to be like the song), and i was ready to give this a (near) perfect score, but then this came out. i think that this is one of the most slapped dashed endings for an anime i've seen yet. it just came out of nowhere, much like the ending for Skip Beat. i believe that if the creators can work up some more money, they ought to declare episode 12 off cannon and continue at the pace they were working at. i honestly expected this to be a 24 episode series because there were 22 Kagerou Project songs with a little wiggle room. that would have been awesome. note that this is being typed about an hour after watching the episode so if another episode comes out i'm fully prepared to eat my own words.
While i'm complaining, why wasn't this called Outer Science? in fact, why didn't anybody die? that was the whole point of Outer Science and Summertime Record. what gives? i really don't get this.
everything else was fine and i quite liked the rest of it
Jul 1, 2014 2:28 AM

Oct 2012
solance said:
While i'm complaining, why wasn't this called Outer Science? in fact, why didn't anybody die? that was the whole point of Outer Science and Summertime Record. what gives? i really don't get this.

Summertime Record would not happen if Outer Science happened. They cannot exist in the same timeline. Every timeline before this one ended with Outer Science, in which the Snake of Clearing Eyes forced Mary to reset time. (Summertime Record technically didn't happen in the songs, according to the chronological timeline) The anime timeline was on the verge of another Outer Science until Shintaro and Ayano intervened, turning it into Summertime Record.
Jul 1, 2014 3:48 AM
Jun 2014
i think a lot of people didnt understood what the real end is

fake end
they are all together happy and alive
but marry say "If I went back to that time, it's possible that a future like that could have happened."
so this isn't the real end is another fantasy world

real end
"the others taught me something "
"that one needn't fear the future , that one needn't hate the world"
"from now on , the world will not simply be my fantasy .it will be our and our only real future ."
she accept the death of her friends and she stop the loop

sry if i made some mistake with my bad english
Jul 1, 2014 9:47 AM

Jan 2011
sadly till the end i dont fully understand it, maybe the story was originally good but they not able to tell the story properly, probably watching the second time could improve...

anyway, did they leave saving Hiyori to second season?
Jul 1, 2014 2:33 PM
Nov 2011
klaymore said:
sadly till the end i dont fully understand it, maybe the story was originally good but they not able to tell the story properly, probably watching the second time could improve...

anyway, did they leave saving Hiyori to second season?

No, she was saved, you can see her silluete at the end. Probably there will not be a second season.
Th3z4cK said:
i think a lot of people didnt understood what the real end is

fake end
they are all together happy and alive
but marry say "If I went back to that time, it's possible that a future like that could have happened."
so this isn't the real end is another fantasy world

real end
"the others taught me something "
"that one needn't fear the future , that one needn't hate the world"
"from now on , the world will not simply be my fantasy .it will be our and our only real future ."
she accept the death of her friends and she stop the loop

sry if i made some mistake with my bad english

Please that what you say come to be true! I thought the same thing while watching this scene, but then I thought that it might be a mistranslation from the fansub or something. I didnt wanted the series true end was on the anime from the start, since the is still the novel and manga that are not finished yet. I want the true end to be on one of them and that the anime one to be something like Marry's fantasy about her friends.
Jul 1, 2014 2:38 PM
Nov 2011
L-Ryoshi said:
infinitumxx said:
Okay, this episode goes as follows:

- They all gather up to find Kenjirou, that much is obvious.
- Hibiya awakens his eye power, clairvoyance.
- Kenjirou's snake has only one purpose, and that is to fulfill Kenjirou's wish, at any cost. That is its only reason to exist. If it is fulfilled, it disappears.
- The snake requires all other snakes to be present, i.e. the whole Mekakushi Dan.
- However, Ayano is always not present, due to her choice to stay in the Daze where the Kenjirou snake has no power over. Her power is the Favoring Eyes.
- Ayano could have left the Daze anytime she wanted due to her receiving a snake too. Technically, she was alive, but chose to be dead.
- Thus, the snake fails to gather all the snakes to fulfill Kenjirou's wish.
- The snake then proceeds to kill the rest of the Mekakushi Dan in the form of Kuroha (the Black Konoha), in order to force Marry to reset time with her Gathering snake power.
- This has happened at least 2 times in the form of the MVs and Manga.
- This is supposedly the third time this is happening.
- Shintarou does not receive Ayano's ability (this is a common misunderstanding due to fandom and Lost Time Memory MV)
- Instead, the meeting between him and Marry in one of the timelines gave him the power to observe all the timelines, the Retaining Eyes.
- In one timeline, Marry tasked Shintaro to bring Ayano out of the Daze and to use Ayano's eye power, the ability to impose emotions on others, to prevent Marry herself from resetting time. Shintaro is able to enter the Daze due to committing suicide.
- With the return of Shintaro and Ayano, all the snakes have gathered, but this time Marry has control over them. The Daze is released.
- Kuroha no longer has a wish to grant, since Ayaka has also been released from the Daze.
- Haruka asks Kuroha for one last wish before he disappears: to give him back his body.
- Konoha and Kuroha disappears. Too bad.

- Summertime Record (the ED song) is sung by Haruka, who has lost his memories due to Konoha and him being different people in the first place. Some memories seem to remain, although fuzzy.
- The song talks about the Mekakushi Dan growing up and slowly forgetting the times they used to share.

That should give a clearer understanding about the last episode. About Marry's final three lines,
1) "If I went back to that time, it's possible that a future like that could have happened." This means that if she had reset time when Kuroha asked her to, it was a possibility that they could be as happy as they are now.
2) "If I hadn't met you that day, the world might have turned out to be a dull place." This means that if she hadn't met Shintaro and tasked him to bring Ayano out to stop her from resetting time, the world would have been a loop over and over and over - a dull place.
3) "That one day that was so ordinary and uneventful... That one day I rubbed my red eyes... Even that one summer day that was so dazzling... I'm sure that Shintaro will still remember them tomorrow." Okay, I'm pretty sure Marry did not mention Shintaro in any way in that line, but that's what the subs gave me, so... Either way, this line is just drama. Probably.

Considering that I did read the manga and watched the MVs as recommended by a fellow MAL friend, I did pretty much get the gist of everything that happened up till this episode.

Thanks a bunch for clearing off what happened in this episode, but the ending is still a bit confusing, especially those last few minutes.

I want to know, for all of those who have read the LN:
1.) Was the end of this anime, the fact that Ayano was rescued a part of the story in the LN? Or was it like someone mentioned just a "Fantasy Ending" that Marry had created with her powers?
2.) If the answer to (1.) was NO, then what was actually suppose to happen for Summertime Record according to the LN?

There are so many issues I have with this ending:

First off, is it safe to assume that the Daze reset by Marry is suppose to start from the current August 15th of their timeline? I mean, she acquired her power as the Queen, and consequently power over the Haze, when her mother died, long before she met Seto. Ayano died only two years prior to the start of this show, and supposedly Seto met Marry sometime during those two years, no?
If that were the case, then that would explain why Ayano was already in the Daze for every iteration of the timeline. But here's the kick, if Marry never knew Ayano, how in the world would she know:
(a) that Ayano was alive in the Daze, and
(b) that Shintaro knew her, and thus to know to tell Shintaro to go find her from the Daze?

Second, I thought the prerequisite for acquiring those Eye Powers was that a pair of people had to die for one in the pair to get a snake, and thus to gain the powers. Ayano died alone and since Shintaro died alone as well, how is it that BOTH of them gained powers? Someone please explain this to me.

Third, I thought the snake that took over Konoha (Kuroha) was the snake from the father. He existed to grant the wish to the father (wanting to bring his wife back from the Daze?). Does this mean that scene with the parents under the stars indicated that both parents were brought back from the Daze?

Fourth, once the father's wish was granted, in order to continue to exist,t he snake tried to grant another wish. Haruka looked like he was close to dying, and yet someone mentioned that the wish he made wasn't about him, but about that Hiyori girl. Which wish was granted, to bring the Hiyori girl back? Or to restore the original Haruka to his body?

Lastly, considering how all those pairs of people were caught in the Daze, does this mean that all those "dead" people (i.e. Marry's mother, Kido's Sister, Momo's mother, etc.) all came back? Or were the ones that came back special cases?

Would really appreciate if someone could help me to answer all these questions.

Thanks in advance!

The LN is still publishing, its not finished yet
Jul 1, 2014 5:13 PM

Aug 2013
infinitumxx said:

Would really appreciate if someone could help me to answer all these questions.

Thanks in advance!

Lol you saved me all the trouble of having to type up a rant about how I don't understand and asking the same exact questions. :P

Mary said:

If I went back to that time, it's possible that a future like that could have happened. If I hadn't met you that day, the world might have turned out to be a dull place.inary and uneventful... That one day I rubbed my red eyes... Even that one summer day that was so dazzling... I'm sure that _ will still remember them tomorrow.

This quote is straight from Crying Prologue on the Mekaku City Days album, track 12. The end part, "we'll still remember" is a continuation as Mary never finished her sentence. It was never addressed to a specific person.

Ari-OkojoJul 1, 2014 5:23 PM
Jul 1, 2014 7:20 PM

Feb 2014
gilayans said:
PS: THEY REALLY NEED TO REMAKE THIS WITH MORE EPISODES KAGEPRO HAS POTENTIAL. Well, at least they've let us see a great show with such a huge plot compressed into a 1 cour show, it could've do better with 20+ episodes. Really.

Agreed, I think we all need a remake, I didn't like the animation that much but I still loved the anime (still prefer the manga but...).

9/10 because I love Kagerou Project.
Jul 2, 2014 12:12 AM

Oct 2013
ending was pretty good!!
now its over T-T
[/quote]
Jul 2, 2014 4:17 AM
May 2014
So it's over huh.
I liked the whole anime because of different art and animations. Another thing I liked was pictures at the end and music. Basically I liked everything.
I will probably read LN and then re-watch anime because I want to understand it better.
Jul 2, 2014 5:00 AM
Nov 2013
The final episode is quite fine but have not answer many unclear mysterious questions that posted earlier. 6/10 for me.
Jul 2, 2014 5:34 AM

Jan 2011
I'm still laughing at the people saying you need to see the music videos or read the novels to understand this, I didn't and this was shit easy to understand. You guys who want the everybody dies ending to be the true ending are cute too, because edgy ending instantly makes this better apparently. All in all this was fun to watch, I think it was worth it alone to see how mad you guys are over a "shitty, rushed adaption."
Jul 2, 2014 12:48 PM

Dec 2011
LOL, so Ene can switch between her real body and her virtual one/control things that realy on technology etc.

So Hibiya's power is really good at peeping into the bathroom's of innocent girls XD.

Hahahaha, Haruka's power really is awesome to be honest.

Damn, that snake has taken Konoha's body and is beating everyone to a pulp with it.

The good guys win, all's well that ends welll...

Oooohhhh. Ayano looked really cute there.

I was expecting much more out of this anime, but lets leave it at that.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 2, 2014 5:04 PM
Apr 2014
I had already seen/listened to all of the kagerou project songs forever ago so when I heard there was an anime adaption I was really excited ^o^ I drilled through all 12 episodes in one day and although I liked it a lot, IT WAS REALLY CONFUSING. If I had to explain this entire concept to someone else I'd just flop over and die I think >_>; what should I do now? I hear there's a manga for it that I should read.
Jul 3, 2014 3:51 AM

Oct 2013
I still little confused about the ending TBH, i think it's a bit rushed, Hiyori appeared at the end but how did they save her ? anyways, i'm so glad that Ayano didn't really die, wouldn't mind for a second season <3

Overall score 8/10
Jul 3, 2014 10:36 AM

Nov 2013
The main thing that made me like this series are the songs.
Ending 8, Lost Time Memory is really touching.
Jul 3, 2014 11:14 AM

May 2014
And ... is over. Well ... this is definitely the most complicated anime I've ever watched! ... up to now.

Nice teamwork in escaping those scientists (or whatever they were). Ene was amazing as always :)) ... but I think I like her more in the digital form. Badass Shintaro saves the day. Ayano is back and alive! :D ... and she is totally gorgeous in the last scene. Happy ending.

What I've understood after a few explanations (ok ... maybe more than a few) combined with what I've understood by myself, is:
- The Snake of Clearing Eyes (the bad one) wanted to complete Kenjirou's wish with any costs.
- For that he needs to gather all the snakes (Mekakushi Dan) and unite them with the queen snake (Marry).
- ... he is also a maniac that enjoys seeing the others suffer >:( ...
- Shintaro (after his Reading Steiner got activated :D) killed himself and went to the Heat Haze to take Ayano.
- Apparently, since they both have snakes, they can leave the Haze.
- After they left the Haze, Ayano used her power to make Marry realise that repeating everything is wrong and Shintaro used his power to remind Marry of the previous timelines.
- Marry ... probably ... combined the real world with the Haze.
- Therefore, Kenjirou unites with his wife (and the wish remains unused).
- The Snake of Clearing Eyes have no purpose to exist so he demands the wish.
- Haruka trolls him by taking his wish. :D
- The Snake of Clearing Eyes disappear.
- Now that he is gone, Marry creates another world where they can all live together.
- In the end, Shintaro misses his opportunity to tell Ayano how he feels ... damn it Shintaro! :D

Overall I enjoyed it. It would've been better if it was longer (~20 episodes) so things could've been explained better. The OST was amazing! Maybe I will start the manga. It is not perfect but since I am totally subjective I will rate it 10/10. :P

(Excuse me if there are any mistakes in my english. I'm not a native speaker.)
Hibiki07Sep 13, 2014 3:03 AM
Jul 3, 2014 1:19 PM

May 2009
People who complain about the budget shouldn't be looking at SHAFT, but whoever footed the bill for the anime, which are probably Aniplex and 1st PLACE. Of course, SHAFT was also busy with Nisekoi when MA started, so I think it's impressive they made it look this good with the limitations they had.

And even though I still don't fully understand everything that went on, I still managed to catch most of it and enjoy the anime for what it is. Oh, and I haven't seen the MVs or read any of the other things that are connected to this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2014 1:40 PM

Mar 2014
I think people are being a bit harsh on the animation in this episode, it was fine IMO

I don't know the source material so there's some things I don't really get, guess I'll go read the manga or something

Leaving out an explanation for how Ene returned to her own body was pretty dissapointing and confusing though....
Jul 3, 2014 1:50 PM

Jul 2013
As someone who hasnt viewed the source material, there are a lot of questions to be asked about the anime as I see other people doing. I however like an anime that leaves me wanting a little more when a sequel or prequel is available. Being that this is only a part of the Kagerou Project, it makes me want to know more about it. There were some episodes where the story really started to click and those were great. I still have "Fuck you, cat" as my screen saver for some reason.

//edit// Regardless this needed more episodes because other anime that had this kind of huge storyline compressed into a few episodes made up for it by a second season or series of OVAs/ONAs
resinweberJul 3, 2014 2:03 PM
EAT SH!T AND LIVE
Jul 3, 2014 2:06 PM

Dec 2013
Well i just thought it ended pretty awesomely... way better than black bullet. Good series. The plot twists were amazing.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jul 3, 2014 2:27 PM

Jun 2010
Shaft made the story more confusing lol. It had a great start but I got bored halfway. 6/10

Raniero said:

Ayano looks so cute without her scarf.

Dat Ayano was perfect though.
Jul 3, 2014 10:34 PM

Aug 2011
I would have liked a cover of Outer Science, or have the song quietly play when Kuroha appeared lol *muffled "Outer Science" in the background*
Jul 4, 2014 2:20 AM
Apr 2014
everybody saying "this doesn't make sense if you don't know the base material"... guys that's totally not true. there are two or three things that are unexplained but that's a problem of every anime nowadays and not of this particular one.

having this said => does someone mind explaining what exactly happened at the end? >.> did they all lose their abilities and Marry now has them all? And what exactly happened to Ayanos father? The snake left his body and then he just died? But then the rest should be dead too(because the same happened to them), right? It's also more like clarifying and less "not understanding what happened".

The rest (even if you don't believe me) was pretty clear if you were paying attention during watching and putting the picture together. While knowing the source might make it easier it's not really needed to understand things.
NanashiJul 4, 2014 2:23 AM
Jul 4, 2014 12:21 PM
Jan 2014
Wait. So what happened to Hiyori?
Jul 4, 2014 5:49 PM
Nov 2011
Just saying that I heard that they are going to explain some mysteries of the end of the anime on the other medias (I dont know wich one), and that there is a after story between the end of the anime and the actual song/ending "Summertime Record", they also will show that on the other medias, but which one it will be is not yet deteremined.
Jul 4, 2014 8:10 PM

Jun 2013
Kadouzeki said:
Wait. So what happened to Hiyori?

A theory is going on around the fandom that..

Since Kenjirou is with his wife now inside the heat haze daze, the Snake (aka Kuroha) looses his purpose because the wish he's supposed to grant is actually already granted.

The Snake asks for more wishes to grant. Haruka buts in and points out that his other self, which is Konoha, had one last wish. And that is to save Hiyori.

The Snake is forced to grant the wish.

So basically, Kenjirou -> Kuroha -> Hiyori
That's how the 'Snake of Clearing Eyes' switched hosts.

On the other hand, since Konoha's snake (Snake of Awakening Eyes) lost its host, which is Konoha, the snakes is transferred to Haruka :)

In the end, Kenjirou is in the heat haze daze with his wife.
Hiyori gets the Snake of Clearing Eyes.
Haruka gets the Snake of Awakening Eyes.
Jul 5, 2014 6:25 AM

Jun 2014
Some things didn't even made any sense. Like how Konoha managed to return but Hiyori didn't.
Jul 5, 2014 8:14 AM
Nov 2011
Amalekite said:
Some things didn't even made any sense. Like how Konoha managed to return but Hiyori didn't.

When 3 persons enter the haze, two do that thing of "one get out with a power and the other remains trapped" the third person get the place of a observer just watching it without being able to interfere.
Jul 5, 2014 10:25 AM

Oct 2009
I want to like this show so much ... but after the rushed ending i felt robbed of my expectations >_< 7/10 it had so much potential to be epic
Jul 5, 2014 4:57 PM

Feb 2013
I wasn't "wow'd" by the end. It was still good though and brings a fitting conclusion to the series.
Jul 5, 2014 5:17 PM

Jun 2012
Okay my head is literally screaming of confusion from this. Apparently I was supposed to read the novels before watching this but I didn't know that until a few minutes after I completed this which was about ten minutes ago. My main question is: what happened to konoha. Did he die because of the snake or what? Because I didn't see him in the closing scene where everyone was outside. I just can't really seem to wrap my head around most of what happened.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

501 by Strikrr »»
Aug 2, 2023 5:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.