Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 26, 2014 6:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And the show is over...

This imo definitely had its charms. In the end, we did get harmony after that climax. The fight itself was dull though imo but Escha and Logy a had a fun connection till the end. 6/10. I thought the show was fine.

End card:
Stark700Jun 29, 2014 9:07 AM
Jun 26, 2014 7:45 AM

Mar 2014
The final episode showed the battle of JRPG games. I think it was dull. But the charm point of this show was not like that. This show has a heartwarming and relieved story. Overall, I enjoyed it well. And I started to want to play A14, A15 and A16. At the same time, I hope anime of A14 and A16 will come.
Jun 29, 2014 3:39 AM

Sep 2012
will there be a season 2 featuring the 2 characters (the black-haired girl holding a bell and the green-haired girl with a cat hat) appeared in front of Escha and Logy before the end card?
Jun 29, 2014 4:58 AM

Aug 2007
Its finally done. :( I wish they pace it better since they didn't give Awin his chance to show his events and even the main story was blitz through so fast. I hope an anime comes of the previous story since they really didn't cover that much of "Dusk" yet.

winter_mint said:
will there be a season 2 featuring the 2 characters (the black-haired girl holding a bell and the green-haired girl with a cat hat) appeared in front of Escha and Logy before the end card?

The possibility exists but I want to say no since the Escha and Logy anime was pretty much here to hype those two characters upcoming game releasing in July. (Atelier Shallie) It be nice if it did since it feels like that game will be the last of the Dusk series.
Jun 29, 2014 5:22 AM

Oct 2013
It was simple, silly, and a little dull at times, but I enjoyed it overall quite a bit. The world in which the story takes place is definitely interesting, and the characters were pretty fun. I would like to see more in the future.
Jun 29, 2014 5:46 AM

Jul 2010
The fight was in a completely different situation.
The fire lord's contract was really "temporary" xD
Flameu was stubborn but then remembers everything thanks to Nio.
The rock felt really slow for Escha to still be there... that airship has a short startup time!
Flameu can visit them whenever she wants.
Logy leaving to for Central T.T What kind of medal did Escha win!

Hmm... this was a decent ride. I enjoyed it, laughed a little. Also, with a little bit of feels along the way in this little adventure they had. 7/10 for little Escha :P
Jun 29, 2014 6:12 AM
Jan 2014
I found this anime to be relaxing to watch at times.
Even though, I haven't played any of the Atelier games.
I think it was fine really. Didn't have a lot of unnecessary things in it.
It had a simple conclusion, which I liked.
Kinda felt sad for Escha, when Logy departed to Central city.

6/10 Overall.
Jun 29, 2014 9:04 AM

Jul 2013
That final boss theme! And just like many J-RPGs the final dungeon crumbles after the last fight.

The last episode felt somewhat rushed. The separation between Logy and Escha felt a little anti-climatic. It's really too bad because the earlier Atelier series and its spin-offs always had strong romance theme.

Overall it's a fine adaption. As far as game adaptions go, this is one of the better ones. The anime itself was a mixed bag between boring episodes and engaging ruin exploration like the time they fought that giant golem and the last 3 episodes. Characters are likeable enough (LINCA is the best!!!) although Escha can sound a bit annoying at times.

I'd say it's an average anime 5/10. Doesn't mean that it's bad though, I still enjoy it more than many anime this season like Mahouka or Akuma no Riddle (those are the ones truly horrible deserving 2/10 at most).
MoeGodJun 29, 2014 10:03 AM
Jun 29, 2014 9:39 AM

Apr 2011
Ah. It's over...I feel a bit sad.

It was relaxing and light hearted series. I was hoping to see Escha and Logy become a couple at the end, but it was useless. Romance isn't included in the Atelier series after all.

Despite a 6/10 for me. I had fun watching it. Characters are likeable, like Linca.

Hoping we'll see a tv series of Atelier Ayesha someday.
Jun 29, 2014 11:37 AM

Apr 2010
This was a nice and calm anime tho i wonder who those two characters at the end where maybe we will see more of this in time.
And i will be looking forward to it.

This episode was nice as well shame that Logy went back to Central city tho, him and Escha made a nice couple.
But i guess there is more for them in store.
Jun 29, 2014 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good anime.

Flameu finally remembered everything thanks to Nio

Logy is leaving the Central.
Jun 29, 2014 1:33 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Very nice soundtrack but mediocre story....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 29, 2014 1:35 PM

Jun 2013
A bittersweet ending. Escha and Logy gets separated pursuing their dreams once again. The anime overall was pretty slow with some pieces of actual plot scattered through out the series of episodes which I would just consider this anime a slice of life with a fantasy element. It was an ok anime but if it was begging for a second season or anything (like Escha and Logy waving with two unfamiliar characters at the end) it should or at least reconsider the way they make the episodes except for the characters, because they were all likable in some way (like a slice of life lol).
Jun 29, 2014 2:14 PM

Nov 2010
I give it a 7/10, wish Logy and Escha got together in the end =

Does look like A16 will be adapted into an Anime though since the two characters for that appeared in the end card.

I really wish I owned a PS3 to play the game now T_T
Jun 29, 2014 5:02 PM
Aug 2011
These last two episodes were the best thing this show delivered.
(Oh and that Linca episode, that one was fun.)
Everything else ranging from average to below average for me and episode 8- the onsen one- was downright abysmal.

Would have liked to see more bonding between Logy and Escha.
Jun 29, 2014 5:21 PM

Dec 2011
It was such a warm series. Although the final kind of seemed a bit dull, I expected she will bite the apple at least but it didn't look like Flameu had the chance.

7/10 for the series, I really loved the character design the most, especially with Wilbell!

Since this is adapted from a video game, looks like they are hyping the characters shown at the end, works as a promotion for the upcoming video game.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2014 5:49 PM

Feb 2014
This was a nice sort of peaceful anime, it wasn't great and didn't do anything out of the ordinary .. but in the same time I can't exactly call it bad in any specific aspect .

It was a mediocre anime but it wasn't aiming for anything more and I would be lying if I say I didn't enjoy it.
overall I give it 6/10 with a happy satisfied face in the end... a face not many shows gave me the ability to make after finishing *cough* MekakuSHITy actors and Gokukoku no Brynhildr *cough*
Need More DESUUUU~~~

My Anime List
Jun 29, 2014 9:38 PM

Oct 2010
This series was much better when it was just day to day adventures, the "overarching plot" (if you can call it that) was pretty bad.
Jun 29, 2014 10:10 PM

Aug 2013
I think it was a good adaptation. I've never played any of the Atelier games but this show really gave off the RPG vibes.

6/10. Ahh now I want to play all the other Atelier games >__<
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 30, 2014 11:12 AM

Nov 2012
Wait...., that was it?

WTF kinda ending was that?
Jun 30, 2014 3:08 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
xchee said:
I think it was a good adaptation. I've never played any of the Atelier games but this show really gave off the RPG vibes.

Yeah the RPG vibes was strong in this anime. I kinda liked that.

It was a nice and relaxing series, but nothing special. I really liked the OST and the setting though. Plus, those homunculi were adorable.
Jun 30, 2014 4:04 PM

Aug 2010
Terrible adaptation.
I hated how they forced Wilbell on everything.
I knew I shouldn't have expected much but this... was just bad.
I'm going to give it a 4/10 just because I really enjoyed the game and it's characters.
Jun 30, 2014 6:08 PM

Jun 2012
Certainly an enjoyable series, charming, heartwarming and relaxing (and silly at times too). However, action moment were dull, as well as the "main" plot. I'll give this a 6/10. Just got a PS3, so might give a try to an Atelier game.

Off-Topic (Asking for recommendation on Atelier Game)
Jun 30, 2014 7:19 PM

Sep 2013
Not the greatest ending, but the series itself was enjoyable to watch. Relaxing you could say. Not quite the ending I desired. I was expecting "I love you Logy!" lol. I feel like playing the Atelier games now. And the OST was lustful and good.

Meh, It's still up to my standards. 6/10.

Jun 30, 2014 9:01 PM
Mar 2012
It was an enjoyable lighthearted series. The ending was unsatisfying though.
Jun 30, 2014 10:37 PM

Jan 2011
I really wanted a little more commitment between Escha and Logy than the "Follow your dreams and wave goodbye" ending. This had the feel of an Atellier game and I wouldn't mind playing it, but perhaps I'll just have to try for a better ending on Meruru in the interim.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 1, 2014 1:46 AM

Jul 2008
Tynker said:
Certainly an enjoyable series, charming, heartwarming and relaxing (and silly at times too). However, action moment were dull, as well as the "main" plot. I'll give this a 6/10. Just got a PS3, so might give a try to an Atelier game.

Off-Topic (Asking for recommendation on Atelier Game)

The original Atelier Rorona was outdated and Totori (the sequel) vastly improved on it. They are remaking Rorona so if you can wait I would suggest getting that. The trilogy goes...

Rorona -> Totori -> Meruru

And then for the next trilogy it goes...

Ayesha -> Escha & Logy -> Shallie

Meruru is my personal favorite but that could be that it's the trilogy's last one and the characters are the most fleshed out for it. I am super excited for Shallie though. But if you've only seen the anime might I suggest the one before it, which would be Ayesha? It's a great game and would expand more on the character of Nio, which is shown briefly of her past in the anime series.
Jul 1, 2014 11:22 AM

Aug 2007
rodac said:
I really wanted a little more commitment between Escha and Logy than the "Follow your dreams and wave goodbye" ending. This had the feel of an Atellier game and I wouldn't mind playing it, but perhaps I'll just have to try for a better ending on Meruru in the interim.

They really didn't do the anime too much justice when it came to the main story. I guess they didn't have the funds for it since they had to alter several stuff. Main thing is they didn't even bother to animate the true ending. I think the viewers in several eps thread discussions wanted more from Escha and Logy would have been more satisfy with that ending then the normal one they gave us.
Jul 1, 2014 3:00 PM

Feb 2009
Well at least it had an ending. Though they left too many open storylines.

Now I know this show probably did not have a very high budget to work with, but still. DAMN that awful animation and all those derpfaces...
Jul 2, 2014 8:28 AM

Jul 2010
Oh, was the last picture a way to announce a new season?
Anyway 6/10, good to waste time, I wish we'd see more development of Escha and Logy, but fine, I heard that in the game their relationship was implicit as the anime.
Jul 2, 2014 8:44 PM

Mar 2013
It was very cool, which is surprising to me because I honestly wasn't expecting much. I'm a big fan of the games so seeing a decent anime spawn from them is nice. Too bad they decided to start the animations with Escha & Logy and skipped Ayesha's story. I think a lot of info about Wilbell, Nio, Harry, Marion and Linca would have been better if they had animated Atelier Ayesha.

Anyway, good anime. Recommended.
Jul 3, 2014 9:27 PM

Mar 2008
It's a shame we didn't get to see a double draw knowledge book, I was really hoping we'd get to see that animated. Wilbell stole the show though, that's something at least.
Jul 4, 2014 2:43 AM

Jan 2011
this had a charming atmosphere and some awesome chara designs (Escha and Flameu and so many more). story and setting were also great, it was here and there a little bit educational and a not so typical fantasy world (it was unique). i like that. ^^ too bad, that the animations sometimes were not good. i think, this kind of setting would have look more fantastic if studio Ghibli would have directed it. i think of „castle in the sky“ with modern animation style. ;p also i think 12 eps are undercharged. i mean, Escha made many friends and the last adventure was a huge one. many things were rushed, many characters were underdeveloped. the romance between Escha and Logy was unfortunately somehow inexistent … =/ 24 episodes and Ghibli-style (or something similar) and this show could be a > 0,9. but it isnt. i give this a 0,75 or 0,76 because of the great setting and world and chara design and the cute Escha, Wilbell, Flameu, Marion, Linca … =D ah … Eschas seiyuu, Murakawa Rie (also Hotaru from „non non biyori“) did a great job! ^^ aaand opening and ending were fantastic!! while hearing the opening, i felt like going on a happy adventure and the ending song is so sweet and calm, it is now a perfect song for going to bed and dream nice dreams. xP cant wait for the full versions. ^^
summerwarsJul 4, 2014 2:47 AM
Jul 4, 2014 4:06 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Anime that seen in key Slice of Life can not disappoint if you're not a fan of JRPG same name.
Unfortunately, technical and graphics leave much to be desired, as regards the TV version.
Plot and narrative simple and calm, good for relaxing.
The final prelude perhaps to a sequel, I'd be happy.
Positive points that have induced me to follow him are interesting characters, nice character design, costume design just as good.
I hope that in the BD version of these last two points are revalued, it would be a real pleasure.
Character is the best Wilbell, followed Escha, Clone and Linca.
My final rating of 6.5/10 for now!
Jul 4, 2014 8:46 AM

Jan 2011
Gentle show which is sometimes a breath of fresh air but the "story" was just incredibly boring.

@summerwars
...really?
Jul 6, 2014 5:56 PM

Dec 2013
All in all this wasn't horrible. It was fine. Nothing more, nothing less. So, I've ended this one with a 6/10.

This final episode was a little dull, and kind of disappointing. I was hoping for more development between Escha & Logy, considering the series is named after them and all. I was left feeling like something was missing in the end.

This series had it's fun moments, and was relaxing to watch and kill time. Escha is a beautiful character, tho she was a bit annoying at times.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jul 7, 2014 8:06 AM

May 2008
5/10 was pretty slow paced lol made me fall asleep afew times XD But the character design were nice i guess but wouldn't ever want a second season of this anyway 5/10 as i said before XD
Jul 12, 2014 5:06 AM

Aug 2011
Nice art but it was kinda slow I was expecting more action and not "ah everything ends super well and everyone is happy"
Sometimes I saw "adaptation mistakes" like they were in the hot bath hakf naked and the spirit came out, the guys came back to see what was going on and EVERYONE WAS IN THEIR ****** CLOTHES WTFF xD
I didn't play the game and to be sincere watching it didn't give me the urge to playing it! But from what I heard the game is way better D: ...
Well I'd still give it a 6/10 it was fine!
Jul 12, 2014 11:14 AM

Jan 2011
Found the ending very anticlimactic. Logy suddenly got promoted and went back to Central and Escha's crying her eyes out and a "Do your best!" is all we get?! Knew that Logy would somehow go back to Central and I wanted to get some Escha x Logy moments out of it but that was clearly too abrupt IMO.
Was still expecting some flash forward towards the end but no... we get a teaser with 2 unknown girls. I don't know about the game so I'm not sure what's the meaning behind showing those 2 girls.

Overall, I kinda liked this show despite the fact that I found it quite cheesy. The ending leaves a lot to be desired though.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jul 14, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2010
Nice end, the endbossfight really felt gamelike
There was a teaser about the next show of the franchise it seems
Jul 15, 2014 4:27 PM

Nov 2011
they showed 2 new characters at the end, so we might get a sequel, hopefully ^^
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jul 23, 2014 4:29 AM

Feb 2014
FatefulLove said:

The fire lord's contract was really "temporary" xD
Flameu was stubborn but then remembers everything thanks to Nio.
The rock felt really slow for Escha to still be there... that airship has a short startup time!
Flameu can visit them whenever she wants.
Logy leaving to for Central T.T What kind of medal did Escha win!

Hmm... this was a decent ride. I enjoyed it, laughed a little. Also, with a little bit of feels along the way in this little adventure they had. 7/10 for little Escha :P

Mainly this is how I felt.
The way the fire lord just assisted them & then just basically went peace out, made me laugh as well. Nio really came in handy with helping Flameu since she somewhat knew the situation. I was thinking the same about the rock Escha was on as well. I was expecting them to have to swoop down to save her but nope she was magically still clinging on to it.
At the end I was expecting Escha or Logy to at least tell their feelings for each other instead of that awkward look & Logy saying he was heading back to Central but I'm not complaining though I did feel bad for Escha. I haven't played any of the Atelier games but this anime has tempted me a bit to want to try the Dusk games at least since I'm interested in what they didn't include(some backstory on some,etc.). The two character after the end in front on Escha & Logy was such a tease. Kind of hope they animate their story at some point as well as the one before this.
Overall nice series. 7/10
Jul 25, 2014 2:22 PM

Aug 2010
We got an ending...that's more than what most shows can say. 3/5.

A pretty mediocre show overall, plagued by bad writing and production value issues. Not to mention if I'm informed correctly this was the most straight in the whole franchise. Sasuga Japan. Wilbell a best girl. 5/10.
Jul 26, 2014 4:28 PM

Apr 2013
- I cant remebr it 4 yers lol
- try to remebr plx
- k I remebr now

It was bad, 4/10
Aug 10, 2014 8:30 AM
May 2012
The last 2 episodes felt rushed, it's like an epilogue cramped up in a very short time. But I think this "Life goes on" ending is better.

Still, overall a good one. Story could b a hit or miss for some. It was pretty much good for me for a fantasy themed slice of life, though I didn't play the game.

8/10
Aug 18, 2014 9:41 PM

Jan 2012
Escha is very fuckable imo...

everything else is pretty average..
Sep 2, 2014 11:04 AM

Aug 2013
There was nothing special about this anime so I gave it 7/10. I hate how they skipped Atelier Ayesha it was a prequel after all.
Nov 24, 2014 3:40 PM

May 2012
Quite lovely ending I must say and well overall it was pretty good I must say, definitely better than I expected it to be! 7/10
Jan 16, 2015 1:59 AM

Dec 2008
*sighs*...it started out kinda promising, though I knew of the jrpg it was based off of...but I cannot believe Iwas surprised to not like th whole show. A quasi adventure show based off a jrpg that never goes anywhere ( literally) and revolves around clerical work like paperwork, filing, cleaning....*sighs* I really hope if they make a monster hunter anime one day, it does not end up as bad as this show was, because I have a feeling thats about al lit could ever hope to be. 3/10
Aug 13, 2015 1:52 PM

Jan 2012
Not a bad anime all around even though the romance was a bit forced as well.
Don’t expect much though.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Escha &amp; Logy no Atelier: Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

60 by zedexile »»
Jan 13, 2023 8:11 PM

Poll: » Escha &amp; Logy no Atelier: Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsushi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

21 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Oct 19, 2017 1:02 AM

Poll: » Escha &amp; Logy no Atelier: Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsushi Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

35 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Oct 18, 2017 10:08 PM

Poll: » Escha &amp; Logy no Atelier: Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsushi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

25 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Oct 18, 2017 7:23 PM

Poll: » Escha &amp; Logy no Atelier: Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsushi Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

39 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Oct 18, 2017 3:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.