Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 25, 2014 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn it Akari ;.;

Two things I'm glad to see in this final episode of the season is that Akari regained her senses and that Frederica is alive. She's cute in miniature form LOL

Overall, a pretty solid season imo. This actually surprised me more than I had thought. 8/10. Can't wait for Fall's season 2. Damn, Frederica is just awesome.
Stark700Jun 25, 2014 11:23 AM
Jun 25, 2014 9:29 AM
Sep 2013
Last op and ed of the season ;_;
Akari is back to her senses. Meanwhile, Tooru uses his lewd stabbing skills against the watchdogs. FREDRICA IS BACK AND IN KID MODE! More pew pew pew going on the two flying fortresses. RIP Gillette. (I hope not)Sweet revenge for Fredrica by killing the watch doges. Ricardo Gavarni vs Tooru Acura, and RIP Ricardo Gavarni. (Thank god) lel, Akari hits Grad Lancia's head and the mind controls are over. Blue Chaika pls, wearing a crossbow to kill Tooru. Spooky character appears out of nowhere, and Chaika saves Tooru. Wow, happy endings. RIP Blue Chaika. (Volume 5 Beginning - Volume 5 Ending) SHOCKING TRUTH! VIIVI TRANSFORMS.

;_;, It's finally over. Guess I will read the light novels later. 7/10
Jun 25, 2014 11:28 AM

Aug 2013
Mini Frederica was a huge relief lol, when i saw her lifeless body I swore that she was dead.

I wonder whats happening with Viivi and that grey/silver hair.
My Candies:
Jun 25, 2014 11:34 AM

Oct 2010
Good series, looking forward to season 2. This was probably my 2nd favourite show this season, behind Sidonia.
Jun 25, 2014 11:35 AM

Jul 2013
Out of all the ways for Fredrica to still be alive a chibi version of her pops out.. Too many sudden and random things in this episode.

Was that just bad directing or Toru turning around and simply stabbing the Duke's son was that underwhelming in the original source too?

Other than a few things this last episode was pretty good. There's something fishy going on with Vivi and the fact that her hair turned white might mean she's a Chaika. Who knows. Nice to know we're getting another season extremely quickly to continue this cliffhanger of a last episode.

8/10 series
Jun 25, 2014 11:35 AM

Jul 2010
That was pretty intense!
Akari is back to normal. The two fortresses are shooting at each other.
Fredrica's dual structure ^^
That magic attack misfired and killed many of the armed force along with Gillette.
Each fortress with their own idea of suicide in an impacting way!
Toru beats Richardo, woah that shot by Layla. The info guy comes that stops Layla enough for Chaika to hit back.
That kiss in the water! They wanted to have an actual one too!!! Watching Chaika rescuing Toru!
Viivi is actually a Chaika too? What made her into a completely different person before!?! The information guy is just as mysterious with his minor appearances on the last episode.
FatefulLoveJun 25, 2014 11:40 AM
Jun 25, 2014 11:36 AM

Jun 2012
See everyone in 3 months
Jun 25, 2014 11:38 AM

Jun 2013
Whoa didnt expect that to happen to Viivi
Very happy that Fredrica is back and also in mini form
Chaika gave Tooru a kiss of life, looked like Tooru was going in for another kiss but Akari interrupted them.
2nd season in October. Can't wait!
Jun 25, 2014 11:40 AM

Feb 2014
wait , did vivi become a chaika ? can't wait for season 2
Jun 25, 2014 11:41 AM

Aug 2012
Damn who expected Gillette to die? I was thinking his actions were going to get his group on the outs, setting up the cooperation we all see coming. But nope. Though that could still be a result if Leonardo explains what happened with the men refusing to listen to him. Poor Vivi, she pulled a Victorique out of shock.

I like the idea of Toru being Fredrica's cavalier. Hope we see that happen sooner rather than later in the second season.

Solid climax to this season, can't wait to see more(and hopefully even better animated fights) in the fall.
Jun 25, 2014 11:43 AM

Apr 2013
Wow! I'm happy that Frederica is alive, but I certainly wasn't expecting her to pop out of that dead body. She was so cute and tiny.
The way the fight between Toru and Ricardo ended was a bit anticlimactic, but the rest of the action in this episode was nice.
What the hell was going on with Vivi after she heard the bad news about Gillette? Seems like she was turning into a Chaika.
I enjoyed this series way more than I was initially expecting to. I'm definitely looking forward to watching the second season.
Jun 25, 2014 11:43 AM

Aug 2010
Dat loliception Frederica did there XD

Dat revenge she did on the monsters was awesome :D

Didn't expect Ricardo to know how to fight but the way Toru won was BA, just standing up and stabbing him like nothing ^^

Dat Akari revenge :D Hammer him in the head no mercy (>o<)

Dat Chaika save! Kissing him (For oxygen XD) then getting cock blocked for the real kiss lol XD I didn't know she could use the gun with only thoughts.

Didn't expect Layla to be loyal to Ricardo, I thought she'd be the type to just run away and betray them. And lol'd so much if u compare the emotions between the end of Layla and Ricardo and Meruem and Komugi! The feeeeelz are SOOO Different!!!

I still wonder about Guy?

Did Gillette really die? (No body?) Well seems like Vivi is another Chaika now.

That's a nice offer by Fredrica. If Toru makes a contract he'll become way stronger :D

8/10 can't wait for S2
Barion-ZaraJun 25, 2014 11:46 AM
Jun 25, 2014 11:44 AM

Apr 2012
Chaika and Akari were the only good things in this show. it started ok plot wise then just fell apart. Some supporting characters were really bad which didn't help things.. Just about manages a 5/10 for me.
Jun 25, 2014 11:45 AM

Mar 2012
Oh yes it ended great, enough suspense and action but still kep enough mysteries enough to keep u waiting, i am excited for the second season andjudging by that end card, it looks like arthur gaz will really be revived and proabably will be the final enemy.

Oh that kiss under the water and than that real kiss was interupted huh go figure, this pretty much confirms Toru and chaika pair and i support it 100%

A kamikazi attack to finish them off, well he may have been war hungry but ill give the army general a thumbs up he went down fighting at least.

Ricardo and Layla dieing together was like something out of romeo and Juliet play.

I just can believe that Gillette actually died and what the heck happened to Vivi, it almost looked like she herself transformed to another chaika, way to go to keep us in suspense.

On a final note, thank god Frederica is not dead, that is a welcome relief and a chibi version of her was so cute but deadly :P.

Well guys i will see you again in October. This fall season is probably one of the best fall season in recent memeory of many great shows a lot of them are sequel series cant wait for it
Jun 25, 2014 11:47 AM

Dec 2010
If I have learned anything from anime, unless you see a dead body, for a non immortal character, that character probably isn't dead. So I'm almost certain Gillette is still alive!

So Vivi becomes a Chaika due to grief? Interesting.

The fight against Ricardo was rather short, but then Toru realized that it wasn't really a fight, so he was able to wrap it up quickly. I laughed at Akari taking out Gardo.

Mini-Fredrica just proves how OP she is, even if she is awesome. The idea of Toru becoming a Dragoon Cavalier would be interesting to see. The body of a Dragoon Cavalier, and the mind and instincts of a Saboteur, would be an interesting combination.

I'm positive Layla will come back, but I'm not too sure about Ricardo, I think he's probably dead for good. They freed all those people from the Wizards control, but left them to die anyway xD

The kiss was rather unexpected but it was cute. This was the season for swapping air with kisses wasn't it?

All in all, this show became an obsession for me, completely and utterly. Its entertaining, has a heart, and has some multi-layered characters. I'm probably complete biased, but I'm going to give it a 9.5/10 which will read as a 10 on my score list.
Jun 25, 2014 11:51 AM

Jan 2014
Well.... 9/10 overall but Vivi seems to be a chaika as well.....

Gillette seems to be dead, who knows with how this series is with deaths but all in all, solid show.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Jun 25, 2014 11:52 AM

Aug 2012
Just because her hair turned white doesn't mean she's "become" a chaika. At least, we have zero information that would support something like that happening. I think for now it's safe to assume her hair turned white out of shock, which is something not unheard of.

And I think Gillette is dead, we can't compare him to the immortal Fredrica.
Jun 25, 2014 11:54 AM

Dec 2011
The fight with that Ricardo guy seemed anticlimactic for me... but this final episode is pretty good.

It seems Blue Chaika seemed powerless against the guy that gives our White Chaika info.

Vivi is a freaking Chaika as well? What a plot twist!!!

Also, Toru foreshadowed to become a cavalier partner for Fredrica? Looks interesting.

Cannot wait for season 2!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2014 12:07 PM

Apr 2014
ihusmal1234 said:

Was that just bad directing or Toru turning around and simply stabbing the Duke's son was that underwhelming in the original source too?

I think it was supposed to be underwhelming because as Toru said what the Duke's son was doing wasn't fighting, it was just stabbing people
Jun 25, 2014 12:10 PM

Sep 2013
I thought this anime was pretty good. Second season in October! Be ready for it :)

Toru may become a dragoon cavalier too, so more action twice the fun.

8/10 for me, I suppose.

Jun 25, 2014 12:16 PM

Sep 2008
That kiss! *.*
Love it!
Could be next one, if Akari and rest don't show up!

I can't believe Gillette died just like this... ;(

I have theory that Viivi is real daughter of Gaz... xD

Really like this series!
Can't wait to see next season!
Jun 25, 2014 12:28 PM

Apr 2014
Finally Akari came back to her senses! So she was conscious but just being manipulated/controlled huh?
As expected Fredrica will not die that easily! So she has "double structure" huh? She's very cute on her smaller (looks like chibi?) version!
I wish Ricardo had been ripped by Toru piece by piece not death by drowning!
That kiss between Chaika and Toru! And they tried to do it again but Akari arrives though.
Vivi looks like she turned into a "Chaika" after knowing that Gillette was dead? But I think Gillette wasn't dead.
Fredrica asked Toru to be a Dragoon Cavalier? Why not? He can be healed anytime.

Maybe some of us already knew that this Anime will have a Second Season last month... So it wasn't surprising anymore. But I'll still watch S2 at Fall Season.

I'll rate this 7/10 score because it wasn't finish at all.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 25, 2014 12:31 PM

May 2013
Good episode. Poor Vivi though. I'm confused with what happened with her. She turned into Chaika? Can't wait for the second season.
Jun 25, 2014 12:32 PM
Mar 2014
im glad those two motherfuckers died
Jun 25, 2014 12:40 PM
Jan 2013
RIP to Layla and Ricardo.

Awwwww, shit Vivi is a Chaika?
Jun 25, 2014 12:42 PM

Apr 2013
Nice battle of those fortresses.
After seeing Fredricas dead body I was a bit worried, didn't expect her giving "birth" of herself^^
This Guy guy remains mysterious...
That semi-kiss, good thing Akari didn't see it, Toru wouldn't have survived that^^
I don't think Gillette is dead. THAT would be a bit underwhelming.

Good that they announced the second season, even pretty early ( a few weeks ago?), so I won't have to worry about that part. This show was quite solid and I'm excited for the continuation!
Jun 25, 2014 12:46 PM

Oct 2011
Can't wait for season 2 this Fall !!!

Toru becoming a Dragon Caviler Awesome!!!

Vivi has become a Chaika ???
Jun 25, 2014 12:51 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
No visuals of actual death, not dead is my experience from most anime. I'm assuming Gillette will return in some shape or form next season. If Vivi can turn into a Chaika, Gillette can be alive.

Akari always shows up when Tory and Chaika are about to get lovey dovey.

I enjoyed this series. It was a good surprise after I expected nothing from it.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 25, 2014 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
Akari returned back to her own sense.

That kiss between Chaika and Toru was nice.

I don't think Gillette is dead, there's a chance that he may be alive.
Jun 25, 2014 12:56 PM

Jul 2010
AlexTheRiot said:
I think for now it's safe to assume her hair turned white out of shock, which is something not unheard of.

And I think Gillette is dead, we can't compare him to the immortal Fredrica.

dude, she's another chaika now, just accept it. And seriously, we all know that gillete isn't dead, not because he's a dragon with healing powers but because he has a plot armor that'll keep him around for some time. In anime the MIA status means only being temporarily gone.
Jun 25, 2014 12:58 PM

Aug 2008
Why couldn't there have been development between Akari and Toru? I know it was obvious from many episodes ago how it was gonna be with him and Chaika, but goddammit lol.

Decent finale. Glad Fredrica's death was just some troll tactic, and I know for sure that Gilette is not out of the game. Those 2 Guys behind him doe

And I can't believe that Vivi was a Chaika...what can this mean?!?!
Jun 25, 2014 1:06 PM

Nov 2011
white hair and purple eyes, vivi probably turned into a chaika
Hate Keeps me warm
Jun 25, 2014 1:06 PM

Nov 2011
11/10 epic season finale! I LOVED IT. This was the most fun anime of the season. I was wondering how Fredrica was going to survive, but I would have never guessed she could do something like that. Also she was so adorable when she went on all fours and transformed into the dragoon to get her revenge. Tooru massacred that creepy white monster nicely too. Akari's Wizaado-Head-Smasher could have been more graphic, maybe we'll get a blood&brains splatter on the BD ;)

I just miss one thing: Tooru, Y U NO tell Chaika there are other things worth living for, other than gathering remains?

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Jun 25, 2014 1:07 PM

Jul 2013
Finale was good, but didn't exceed my expectations, it felt rushed, and the fight between Ricardo and Toru felt too short.

Although I laughed when Fredrica came out on a chibi version of herself XD, glad that she is still alive. Blue Chiaka/Layla and Ricardo were pretty weak in the finale and I expect them to be the final boss or something like that. Wow IDK if Gillette survived but that blast felt like it obliterated everything.

WTH Vivi screaming and her hair turned into white, is she another Chiaka or something? The emperor remains is still ongoing and the journey still continues. Can't wait to see the 2nd season of this. 8/10

Jun 25, 2014 1:11 PM

Apr 2014
So blue Chaika died and immediately Vivi turned into Chaika... I dont think that is a coincidence, seems like a reincarnation to me.
anyway, amazing finale and a great show 8/10 cant wait for S2
Jun 25, 2014 1:14 PM

Dec 2013
That kiss was pretty good to see, i thought it would not happen, that akari would stop it, as she did one the second one xD.

I don't believe that Gillette died, it didn't show his body so something must have happened, I dunno ...

lol at mini Frederica.

Glad that the second season is close enough, i have fun watching it and i hope the next season to be even better.
Jun 25, 2014 1:23 PM
Mar 2013
Are you guys blind, pause on Gillette moment before laser strikes him. There are two copys of Guy there so for sure he survived.
I didnt expect Vivi to turn into chaika, that was strange. Toru will get op when he get dragon powers.
Its looking to be nice new season and pretty solid one for sure
Jun 25, 2014 1:25 PM
Feb 2013
The odds of Gillette being dead are pretty minimal. As evidence I provide this screenshot taken moments before the beam would have hit him.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j389/Madcat6204/HitsuginoChaikaepisode12Gilette_zpsdb5204a7.png~original

Hint: look behind him.
Jun 25, 2014 1:29 PM
Oct 2010
Was a decent series overall, I'm also not convinced Gillette is dead either as that's a pretty shitty way for him to go out. 7/10
Jun 25, 2014 1:31 PM
Apr 2013
Uleq112i said:
Are you guys blind, pause on Gillette moment before laser strikes him. There are two copys of Guy there so for sure he survived.
I didnt expect Vivi to turn into chaika, that was strange. Toru will get op when he get dragon powers.

THANK YOU. Was just going to ask if no one noticed that.

Jun 25, 2014 1:32 PM

Aug 2010
Great show, can't wait for fall now!
Chibi!Frederica was 100% abductable
Dat kiss! And there would have been more if it wasn't for the meddling sister ahnd her pet dragoon!
Gilette is dead? No effing way, I guess he'll be back in S2
Vivi has been another chaika all the time? SHOCKING TRUTH!
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jun 25, 2014 1:33 PM
Apr 2013
Was an okay show. Started out boring but then BANG! red Chaika and my attention was taken.

I'm actually looking forward to that second season come October.

6.5/10

Jun 25, 2014 1:34 PM

Mar 2012
ollythirteen said:
Uleq112i said:

THANK YOU. Was just going to ask if no one noticed that.

so that actually was Guy? i thought i just imagined it thx for letting me know , than im pretty sure he is alive than.
Jun 25, 2014 1:35 PM
Jan 2011
8/10 toru mostly likely will become dragoon Chevalier
Vivi is a chaika?
Gilette dead? i doubt it
Very happy to see Fredrica alive she is a beast
The most shock thing about this episode was Vivi possible being a chaika.
If i remember correctly in that ep. where toru was in that mist and got ntr. Maybe that's just a coincidence
Jun 25, 2014 1:47 PM

May 2009
Great midseason finale. Gillette obviously was saved by Guys. Poor Viivi
Jun 25, 2014 2:03 PM

Aug 2011
Nice finale, now I have pretty high expectations for the 2nd season. 7/10 for me.
I'm so happy that Fredrica isn't dead, she was so cute in the small form. So are Fredrica and Tooru gonna still fight or not?
So Viivi is also Chaika.
Jun 25, 2014 2:07 PM

Dec 2009
Hope to see more red Chaika in season 2, also hope Toru makes that contract. I want to know more about Guy since just by him showing up it distracted Layla.

And lol now that I actually take a minute to look at Viivi she definitely has the eye color and Chaika face going on for her.
Jun 25, 2014 2:10 PM

Feb 2013
Vivi, Chaika, development unexpected, shocking plot.
Season two, really want, waiting unable.
Jun 25, 2014 2:25 PM

Nov 2013
This first season was a pretty good setup for the rest of the story. Even though it was boring/bland in some episodes it was still a hell of alote better then other shows this season. *coughcough*Captain Earth*cough*
7/10
Jun 25, 2014 2:26 PM

Nov 2013
Lazynesforme said:
Vivi, Chaika, development unexpected, shocking plot.
Season two, really want, waiting unable.

Best comment for this episode!!!

You forgot to add:
Tooru. Dragon Chevalier. Surprising!
Chaika. October. Be back!

Anyway, this show kept on being fairly interesting, so a 7/10 is a good award for its results. Now waiting for the second season in October.

DarkMoonWolfJun 25, 2014 2:37 PM
Personal tastes are like peoples behinds, each one has its own,
and only those who wants to find [...] will smell one another.

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

137 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

121 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2014

176 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2014

154 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2014

99 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.