Forum Settings
Forums

SNS Game 'Girlfriend (Kari)' Gets TV Anime

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jun 25, 2014 9:55 AM

May 2008
mmm will check it out XD
Jun 25, 2014 11:17 AM

Oct 2011
Oh my! Then I should hope that boyfriend will get animated too~ xD
Jun 25, 2014 11:26 AM

May 2011
Seems like it will air on the fall season, according to the source code of the site.

Via: Yaraon.
Jun 25, 2014 11:53 AM
Feb 2012
Over 4 fucking million registered users. What the flying fuck, Japan?
And now they're taking it a step further by promoting this crap with an anime. After all its so much better to have sex with your mobile phone instead of going out there and maybe meet, I don't know, real girls?!
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 25, 2014 12:16 PM

Nov 2008
Rachmaninow said:
And now they're taking it a step further by promoting this crap with an anime. After all its so much better to have sex with your mobile phone instead of going out there and maybe meet, I don't know, real girls?!

Lots of gamers in Japan these days just don't think things through, they see moe and open their wallets wide with no thought of what they might be getting into like a fish about to get a mealworm on a hook, they get caught hook, line, and sinker by these developers.

Mobile is the cancer that's killing the gaming industry in the East because it's so easy for Otaku and casuals to buy into these games which often have shady and even criminal business models.

Jun 25, 2014 12:20 PM
Mar 2011
Hoppy said:
Rachmaninow said:

Lots of gamers in Japan these days just don't think things through, they see moe and open their wallets wide with no thought of what they might be getting into like a fish about to get a mealworm on a hook, they get caught hook, line, and sinker by these developers.

Mobile is the cancer that's killing the gaming industry in the East because it's so easy for Otaku and casuals to buy into these games which often have shady and even criminal business models.

Hoppy i never thought you you were a elitist moblie makes money
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 25, 2014 12:46 PM

Nov 2008
FGAU1912 said:
Hoppy said:

I'm only speaking the truth, mobile gaming is one of the most predictable cash grabs in the history of commerce. It makes tons of money, but I don't like the way it's doing so, it's not very ethical and isn't very consumer friendly. Console devs can also be shady as well as PC devs (think EA, Capcom, Bandai-Namco with some games and Ubisoft), but the highest percentage of shady business models come from social gaming on mobile devices and browsers.

It's hurting the industry and I fear for the next generation of gaming. Mobile gaming is in a bubble right now, similar to how housing was before Freddie Mac and Fanny Mae failed, once that bubble bursts and it will most likely in the next 5-10 years, we may have an Eastern gaming crash on our hands because people will eventually come to their senses, realize the error of their ways, and back away from the social gaming scene. If too many developers go mobile and browser only and there is a crash, Japan may not recover from it.

Jun 25, 2014 1:32 PM
Mar 2011
Hoppy said:
FGAU1912 said:

I'm only speaking the truth, mobile gaming is one of the most predictable cash grabs in the history of commerce. It makes tons of money, but I don't like the way it's doing so, it's not very ethical and isn't very consumer friendly. Console devs can also be shady as well as PC devs (think EA, Capcom, Bandai-Namco with some games and Ubisoft), but the highest percentage of shady business models come from social gaming on mobile devices and browsers.

It's hurting the industry and I fear for the next generation of gaming. Mobile gaming is in a bubble right now, similar to how housing was before Freddie Mac and Fanny Mae failed, once that bubble bursts and it will most likely in the next 5-10 years, we may have an Eastern gaming crash on our hands because people will eventually come to their senses, realize the error of their ways, and back away from the social gaming scene. If too many developers go mobile and browser only and there is a crash, Japan may not recover from it.

Mircotrasaction began in PC games and forteel the end of the western pc market and its worse in PC gaming
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jun 25, 2014 1:42 PM

Nov 2008
FGAU1912 said:
Hoppy said:

Mircotrasaction began in PC games and forteel the end of the western pc market and its worse in PC gaming

DLC won't kill Western gaming on PC, it might kill AAA but not Western PC gaming in general. There are fewer than 5 games in Japan without shady business models on mobile and browser, and there are hundreds if not thousands of games on PC without shady business models, some don't even have DLC at all.

Jun 25, 2014 2:00 PM

Oct 2008
Shadow-Chan said:
I didn't even know a Girlfriend version exists.
The Boyfriend version is quite memorable, for how it's glitchy and full of bugs.

Oh my god I've had that on my phone. No regrets/ it was hilarious.
Jun 25, 2014 2:08 PM
Mar 2011
Hoppy said:
FGAU1912 said:

DLC won't kill Western gaming on PC, it might kill AAA but not Western PC gaming in general. There are fewer than 5 games in Japan without shady business models on mobile and browser, and there are hundreds if not thousands of games on PC without shady business models, some don't even have DLC at all.

did i mnetion DLC at all im talking about pay to win games here like diablo 3 for example

Jun 25, 2014 2:12 PM

Nov 2008
FGAU1912 said:
Hoppy said:

did i mnetion DLC at all im talking about pay to win games here like diablo 3 for example

There are far more online games on PC in the West that aren't pay to win than in Japan.

Jun 25, 2014 6:34 PM

Nov 2011
Hoppy said:

There are far more online games on PC in the West that aren't pay to win than in Japan.

It seems he forgot that Diablo 3 isn't P2W at the moment.

Japan might hsve better animation tv series, but as far as modern gaming goes, they really are behind the west.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jun 25, 2014 6:42 PM

Nov 2008
rederoin said:
Hoppy said:

Japan might hsve better animation tv series, but as far as modern gaming goes, they really are behind the west.

I don't mind it much if at all since I'm not into hyper realistic games, but business-wise a great deal needs to change and fast.

Jun 25, 2014 7:06 PM

Sep 2013
Rachmaninow said:

Anime girls>>>>>real girls ~desu ;)

Why are you so butthurt thou? no ,seriously why? :(
Jun 25, 2014 7:13 PM

Dec 2011
Hope its something Amagami and Photokano.
Jun 25, 2014 11:07 PM
Mar 2011
rederoin said:
Hoppy said:

wait there is alot companies in Japan tahts are not indie and not owed by SE or Bandai like the west EA and activivson own alot [ so alot of so called prestige devs in the west are just names not really there own sevels]

and plus Doujin makers don attacj there fans there is not a Japanese Phil fish

why is this cuase Doujin Game makers cuase they know were there income comes from an i know a few Doujin makers personally can any fan of X or y western indie studio say that about there face im 100% not

the Japanese industry is a hell of alot more healty then the west[ why do you think falcom been around for over 30 years and never had a looseing year money wise] koei the same there they older us devs that can say 1 they own them sevels so have full conotak over there output and have never had a loosing year hell alot of bigger japanese dves cannt say that

hell SE for example they should stick to FF and alike cuase game witch do as well at home as outside unilke say tomb raider did shit in Japan and asia

and its omly just becam profitable after about 5 formats ps3 ps4 360 xbone pc5

onve AAA dies Japan wil be on top again beacuse the market will be more able for smaller japanese devs to relses there games in the west and havea even shot of making there money back without loose 20-40% publishers fee

Jun 25, 2014 11:22 PM
Mar 2010
Shadow-Chan said:
I didn't even know a Girlfriend version exists.
The Boyfriend version is quite memorable, for how it's glitchy and full of bugs.

Holy cow. Those images look down right terrifying.

OT: I probably won't watch this, though I am a bit curious to see how they adapt it.
Hopefully, if its actually animated well and successful, they'll animate Boyfriend too.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jun 27, 2014 12:09 AM

Oct 2012
I pray this will be good.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Jun 27, 2014 1:08 AM
May 2012
ichii_1 said:
WILL WATCH 10/10 XD

The game has over 4 million registered users and over 100 girls each with a different voice actress :O

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-25/girl-friend-beta-social-game-gets-tv-anime/.75935

Ahahaha.....haha....ha....I guess I'll watch it.

draker said:
I thought it was Girl Friends.
Fuck this shit.

I thought, too.
Jun 28, 2014 5:17 AM

Apr 2011
I thought it was Girl Friends by Morinaga Milk. Damn!
Will still check it though. I hope there are some yuri undertones and shit.
Jun 29, 2014 3:56 PM

Nov 2008
I saw this game through a random ad in youtube a long time ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnNWibzSaNw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXGJ6RO8wwo

I am shocked this would get an adaptation o.o

Would probably be very generic like Amagami SS

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 11, 2014 12:28 PM
May 2014
until last year I played this game
I dunno about the story that will be go out, but the seiyuus are great

I just believe that this anime will full of MOE
Jul 11, 2014 3:08 PM

Aug 2011
I, too, thought this was Girl Friends... /disappoint

Nah not watching this.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 2 hours ago

4 by mshfqtny »»
4 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

Vindstot - Apr 21

8 by modcarparking »»
54 minutes ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

11 by modcarparking »»
57 minutes ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
4 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.