Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 23, 2014 1:58 PM

Jun 2013
Yo finished Fate/zero and FSN really hated both endings and don't want to waste another 2 hours to get depressed,does UBW have a good/happy ending or it is destroy grail again?
Jun 23, 2014 4:15 PM

Aug 2009
What makes you think that destroying the grail ISNT a good ending?

And all main endings are bittersweet

And define happy ending.If you mean Saber and Shirou living together, then no(hell yeah).

Sigh...
Jun 23, 2014 9:49 PM

Jun 2013
Thanks sire you saved me 2 hours and my mood.
Jun 24, 2014 2:27 AM

Aug 2009
Your understanding of the ending/story is so little that I could call it non existent.

You dont even want a story, you want a wish fulfillment with the MC ending up with Saber.
Jun 24, 2014 7:12 AM

Jun 2013
Maybe your right but i get that Grail was corrupted,servants disappear at the end,archer might be shiru,but I really hate disappearance ending it really depress me(it is personal reasons)plus I was watching 40+ episodes get attached to characters and then they just disappear and die.
Jun 24, 2014 9:26 AM

Sep 2013
All of UBW's endings are happy.

Destroying the Grail isn't even a not-happy ending, considering the fact that a wishing machine that makes miracles is a lie.

Besides, the movie is fanservice for those who played the UBW route from the Visual Novel. You wouldn't understand the story anyway.
CapsuleCoreJun 24, 2014 9:40 AM
Jun 24, 2014 10:21 AM

Jun 2013
Kirei said grail was corrupted because he touched it before kiritsugu and wished everyone to die and because not all servants died so Grail was corrupted,so I fort 2nd time grail was legit this time,really confusing,about ending ssjokg said they aren't getting together so I assume saber die/disappear again and I prefer not to watch it then,bad ending without contuation depress me.
Unless it is like clannad,angel beats style endings.

So if servant drink grail they aren't resurrected? Like Gil was?really wanted to saber stay alive.
Jun 24, 2014 10:59 AM

Aug 2009
I have one question.
Why did you believe Kirei's words in fsn when you know what happened from Fz?

Saber isnt his love interest in the other routes.She only has some moments of awesomeness. It doesn't matter even if she disappears.
Jun 24, 2014 11:49 AM

Sep 2013
Kirei said grail was corrupted because he touched it before kiritsugu and wished everyone to die and because not all servants died so Grail was corrupted

Like I said. You must have misunderstood something here. The Grail was corrupted before FZ already. And it's not like villains never lie. Kirei came in touch at the same time as Kiritsugu, but Angra Mainyu chose to listen to Kiritsugu's wish to "save the world" by killing every human on Earth. What really caused the inferno was Kiritsugu's mistake to destroy the Grail, the wrong Grail at least.

about ending ssjokg said they aren't getting together so I assume saber die/disappear again

As ssjokg said, Saber is not the love interest this time. Besides, according to history or at least the legends, King Arthur already went to Avalon after he killed Mordred. Only Saber was stuck in time because she made a contract with the world to participate in the Grail War. That King Arthur won't obtain the Grail and go to Avalon is a predestined thing, it's fate. Saber will go away, sooner or later.

So if servant drink grail they aren't resurrected? Like Gil was?really wanted to saber stay alive.

No, every other Servant will turn insane. Gilgamesh is the only one who can't be corrupted because it's Gilgamesh.
Jun 24, 2014 1:05 PM

Jun 2013
ssjokg said:
I have one question.
Why did you believe Kirei's words in fsn when you know what happened from Fz?

Saber isnt his love interest in the other routes.She only has some moments of awesomeness. It doesn't matter even if she disappears.

For you shiru is the main character you played VN and saw FSN before prequel,for me it is hard to readapt and change characters places because I saw F/Z first I got attached to old cast(Saber and of course Gil to bad he had almost no appearance in FSN) so for me she the mc,if I haven't watched F/Z first I wouldn't get depressed from ending in FSN because I wouldn't be attached to characters from prequel.

C-core:it is still sad that grail is corrupted imagine if you watched 40+ episodes believing kirei that grail can grant wish and ressurect servant(as I misunderstood)and seeing it destroyed again and your mc disappear and die after that long episodes of anticipation.

So does saber survive in the anime UBW?
Jun 24, 2014 1:26 PM

Aug 2009
I am pretty sure thar the synopsis of ubw anime states Rin as the female mc, this doesnt even deserve a thread.

It is your own fault for believing Kirei.And it wasnt 40+ eps.You watched fz first so you have no excuse for that mistake.
Saber didnt actually die. She went to Avalon. If she was dead she would go to where Gil and the others are.

No.
Jun 24, 2014 2:08 PM

Jun 2013
Sigh... Well whatever thanks for answering my questions helped me a lot I dont think il be watching this one,or maybe after a while.
Jun 24, 2014 2:29 PM

Sep 2013
For you shiru is the main character you played VN and saw FSN before prequel

Actually, the whole point of Fate/Zero is when the clock (you know, the timer at the end of every episode in FZ) hits... zero. That's when Emiya Shirou is born. This, along with Kirei's fight against Kiritsugu, was what initially encouraged Nasu, Takeuchi and Urobuchi to make Fate/Zero.

for me it is hard to readapt and change characters places because I saw F/Z first I got attached to old cast(Saber and of course Gil to bad he had almost no appearance in FSN) so for me she the mc,if I haven't watched F/Z first I wouldn't get depressed from ending in FSN because I wouldn't be attached to characters from prequel

I am sorry to hear that, but that's what happens if you don't watch/read it in the order it was intended and that's why I always tell people to do FSN first and then FZ. Like I said before, FZ was written under the premise that you have played the Visual Novel, the entire Visual Novel. FSN itself is a very good standalone story, FZ exists to give you more insight and background knowledge. For instance, it explains where the magic circle, from where Saber was summoned, came from.

it is still sad that grail is corrupted imagine if you watched 40+ episodes believing kirei that grail can grant wish and ressurect servant(as I misunderstood)and seeing it destroyed again and your mc disappear and die after that long episodes of anticipation.

Again, Saber, King Arthur, didn't die. He went to Avalon and he is the Once and Future King. Salvation and being at peace is a good ending for Saber.

that grail can grant wish and ressurect servant

Spoiler incoming, so read with care:

And again, do not watch the movie if you haven't read the route from the Visual Novel. Seriously don't. You won't understand anything because the movie only wants to show the battles and not the story. If you are still interested in Fate/stay night, wait for the remake in fall or play the Visual Novel.
Jun 24, 2014 2:53 PM

Jun 2013
Thanks your explanation really well written and easy to understand rather than ssjokg short temperd undetailed ones,I won't be watching this then as I do not have much free time for VN maybe later I will,but I dubt since saber still die/disappear to Avalon.
Jun 24, 2014 3:13 PM

Aug 2009
Just to add something, do not confuse incarnation with ressurection. This is impossible even for true magic.

More topics from this board

» Movie Vs. Anime

TheOmniPantheon - Jan 18

7 by Alexioos95 »»
Jan 21, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Faust721 - Jan 23, 2010

541 by WELLERM »»
Dec 1, 2023 7:17 PM

» Should I watch this before the TV series?

Potchy - Sep 7, 2016

6 by user16726985 »»
Sep 3, 2023 8:28 PM

» Do i need to watch it?

Zeroth_JK - Sep 23, 2021

5 by tadaimaa »»
Jul 26, 2022 5:22 PM

» how the f does...(spoilers)

kaena - Dec 3, 2011

17 by theangelsweep »»
Mar 11, 2019 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.