Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 26, 2014 12:44 AM
May 2014
Jun 26, 2014 1:00 AM
Jun 2014
Thats exactly why I'm reading the manga. To see if they add more Caesar X Ichi scenes. I skimmed through the first chapters until Caesar appeared, but there doesn't seem to be any Ichi X Mitsu interaction. Still it's to early to tell and you never know how much they will stray from the anime.
Jun 26, 2014 1:01 AM
May 2014

Yeah, you can't tell if there will be Mitsu/Ichi scenes or not as none was in the anime till ep 9 from left field. XD But since it did add a small Guinevere reference that's a good sign.
NiteBloomingRoseJun 26, 2014 1:06 AM
Jun 26, 2014 1:04 AM
May 2014
Manga is monthly so it would take awhile, by then we might already move on to other pairings

The only other options is a fanfic, im actually
Jun 26, 2014 1:09 AM
May 2014
LOL, I can't see how we would be here, talking that long. XD

Indeed, fanfics is really all we have.

Jun 26, 2014 1:24 AM
Jun 2014
Yeah, I think the earliest we can expect a Caesar X Ichi scene is Nov or Dec. They still have to deal with Takeda to make Caesar a force to be reckoned with. At that time I'm sure I will still be keeping up with it, but who can say how long this thread can be kept alive for that.
Jun 26, 2014 1:41 AM
May 2014
Exactly. I'll definitely keep up with it and be checking for new fanfics. But the thread... I doubt will be alive. I must say this pairing is the most involved I've been with that I''ve ever shipped though. XD

Oh, BTW... in the Last Supper painting, doesn't it look like Saru is tying to draw Mitsu's attention to Caesar & Ichi? But it's definitely not happening. XD

https://38.media.tumblr.com/9cebe86d5065d258ae10d016ef0db812/tumblr_n7q1jdnnhf1qkonr7o8_500.jpg

Also, poor Magellan. XD
Jun 26, 2014 2:06 AM
Jun 2014
Funny me too. I usually watch anime because I like the characters and the premise, but this is the first I actually watched exclusively for the shipping. Hmm, I thought he was pointing at Caesar with the mask at hand insinuating Caesar is a devil LOL.. but I like your answer better. Magnellan just looks like a BOSS like he usually does.

I just found what I think is the writer or illustrators twitter and blog.
https://twitter.com/valensia_EO
http://valensia.blog79.fc2.com/
http://blog-imgs-63.fc2.com/v/a/l/valensia/20140625170016c69.jpg
What is Ichi planning to do with that!
BodomschildJun 26, 2014 3:46 AM
Jun 26, 2014 3:52 AM
May 2014
Well its always ok to bookmark a thread and check it once in every few days even later.. tbh this is the only pairing i cared about .. this years anime kinda suck overall, NBTF is the only ive been following and discussing this year

Jun 26, 2014 4:36 AM
May 2014
Is anyone here interested in any of the other character songs?

I know Jeannes one talks of her love with Nobunaga and her pairing with Nobu is the most popular one here, but unless someone actually wants to read it, i wont bother since personally i dont care much for the walking pair of boobs
Jun 26, 2014 11:40 AM
Jun 2014
Yeah, not really interested in Jeannes songs. Of course I'm still going to be checking this thread here and there when it dies down.
J can you tell what the read kanji say here?
http://blog-imgs-63.fc2.com/v/a/l/valensia/20140625170016c69.jpg
Is it a Ch6 preview?
Jun 26, 2014 11:49 AM
May 2014
seems to be, the manga seems to be rushing and skipping things, seems like ichi is threathening to killl herself unless caesar stops... i think he might be getting his hands on her pretty quickly in the manga, she might offer herself up to him
Jun 26, 2014 1:54 PM

Dec 2013
Bodomschild said:
I just found a website where you can read the manga http://comic-walker.com just make sure you click english on the language. The current chapter ends with Caesar scoping out Ichi LOL... The next chapter is supposed to be released tomorrow. Hopefully we get more Caesar x Ichi.

Thank you very much :)
"If anyone wishes to stop me, let them try. If there any whose dispair can match my own!" - Lelouch Lamperouge.
Jun 26, 2014 3:35 PM
May 2014
Caesars and Himikos songs are out on Nyaa

The first song i didnt really like, the second was T_T though...

The voice sounds different from Caesar though, even though nakamura sang it

And Himikos first song, as expecting sounds depressingly falsely cheerful it makes me depressed

Name of Flower and Dignified elegance was definitely the best of all the chara songs to hear (i know im biased but its true)

One thing is that there are many ways to describe beauty, but probably the strongest word is Utsukushii, which Caesar uses to describe her many times, including the time in ep 14 when he called her beautiful, while Saru actually uses a different word to describe Ichis beauty (Bijin, which is more 'cheap'), even though the kanji used is actually the same

Caesar refers to her in this song repeateadly as Utsukushii Hito (The beautiful person) , its really quite a romantic song if you can relate it to the show
jfsJun 26, 2014 3:58 PM
Jun 26, 2014 3:58 PM
Jun 2014
I'll have to check them out later. Hmm, would you say that he sounds like a douche in the first one and melancholy in the second one? My favorite has been Name of flower of course I'm biased too XD.
Jun 26, 2014 4:13 PM
May 2014
Well the lines he said in the first song automatically makes him sound like a douche in the first song.. but the tone of the first is more 'action/cool' song (sorry not very good at describing songs),

But the second , while i wont say its melancholy, the tone is more gentle/tender, and i guess you can feel that the song is about yearning for someone, especially if you know what the lines mean, its a song meant to express his almost worshipful love of her after all, especially with his description of her as the Utsukushii hito (which he uses in the show), i would enjoy hearing this song even if it has nothing to do with Caesar, it really is quite nice to listen to
jfsJun 26, 2014 4:16 PM
Jun 26, 2014 4:34 PM
Jun 2014
The man definitely is passionate. All the more heartbreaking what happens in the end. Something I want to know though, was Caesar aware of what he was doing when he was brainwashed. In the end of the episode it almost feels like he's like "where the f**k am I".
Jun 26, 2014 4:37 PM
May 2014
He definitely knows... since he talked about 'i finally realized the happiness i always wanted'

Since that episode he was all about the equal love thing bringing happiness while he was crazy, and he also described the entire thing as a tragedy (which is that he went as far as to consider that equal love world might bring happiness, when in fact, he always had it)

You should download the songs and hear it for yourself

Well i should take back what i said about Caesar and Ichis relationship being purely romantic, after hearing the songs, you can tell how much he worships her and the emotional reliance he has on her, He was a broken man before he met her, and the second song shows how much he meant to her and how she changed him, if anything, she has much more of an emotional influence on him than Mitsu ever did
jfsJun 26, 2014 4:49 PM
Jun 26, 2014 5:40 PM
May 2014
Wow, I fell behind. XD I'll put everything further back in spoiler.

Oh my! Poor Himiko!

That is very romantic how Caesar calls Ichihime beautiful.
Jun 26, 2014 5:58 PM
May 2014
Thats the impression i got and thats my guess from looking at the preview pics, but its not confirmed yet, seems like the manga will be rushing a bit, not surprising as this series isnt that popular

Jun 26, 2014 6:12 PM
May 2014
So, Caesar's the only one who calls Ichi beautiful in that way?

Hm, yeah, until the character songs, I thought Caesar wasn't reliant on Ichi, but he clearly is very emotionally so. And it further shows how she is all he has in ep 21. Caesar definitely was more influenced than Mitsu ever was. I never would have thought that.

Not surprising at all that the manga's rushing. Well, it's all up to the mangaka's interest or after seeing Caesar/Ichi so popular decided to add more.

Jun 26, 2014 6:28 PM
May 2014
Well yeah he is... he describes her as beautiful (utsukushii) repeatedly , nobody else called her that
Jun 26, 2014 6:32 PM
May 2014
I guess that also explains why she said he shouldn't speak of beauty so casually. XD
Jun 26, 2014 6:32 PM
Jun 2014
I also like how it goes with the preview for ep21. Ichi definitely became Caesar's reason for living post ep 14. I mean before Ichi it was all for power after when he started helping Nobu and co it was to show Ichi that he's serious about her and wants to change. Hmm, so Utsukushii is the highest compliant you can give a woman in Japan.

I don't mind the manga rushing the plot so long as we get more Caesar X Ichi XD. Though I do wonder why Ichi thinks killing herself will get Caesar to stop.
Jun 26, 2014 6:50 PM
May 2014
She told him not to speak of beauty so casually because the word he used (utsukushii) is usually reserved for something almost... divine and sacred i guess.. i dont think she would complain if he used other words..

Maybe because somehow she knows caesar wants her? like maybe he shouts it out or something...

Well utsukushii is the strongest word to describe beauty i can think of....

He also describes her in the end as Itoshii hito, which is another strong way to describe 'dearest/beloved person', the words he uses to describe her implies an almost worshipful adoration and pure feelings, they are very emotional words, people who say that caesars feelings for her was only because of her looks are definitely wrong

Caesar is reliant and needs her very much, the difference is he does not publicly angst and get jealous and whine about it like mitsu, he shows it with his actions
jfsJun 26, 2014 7:12 PM
Jun 26, 2014 7:12 PM
May 2014
It's beautiful how it all goes together.

I don't mind it rushing either as it was boring in the first parts as well. XD

Well, that goes with how Caesar refers to Ichi as "goddess". Hm, she probably wouldn't have.

LOL, yeah, that's probably why Ichi would think that. It's not like Caesar is secretive with him wanting her. He kinda shouts it out a lot. And then goes proclaiming his love a lot. XD He's the only chara I know that does that in a cool way. LOL

Man, does Caesar adore her! Definitely wrong indeed. He seriously loves everything about her.

Yeah, Caesar is the opposite of Mitsu with how he shows it. He takes action and gets stronger. Mitsu wallows in misery. XD
NiteBloomingRoseJun 26, 2014 7:15 PM
Jun 26, 2014 7:40 PM
Jun 2014
Man, those war armors must have some serious speaker range XD. I thought Ichi was just embarrassed that Caesar called her beautiful. Since I have heard utsukushii in other anime before I didn't think it was that big of a deal.
Jun 26, 2014 7:48 PM
May 2014
Ofcourse they do! Enemies can easily converse with each other and I doubt they have a communication link. XD I honestly can't tell you if I have heard the word before as a lot it runs together to me. XD
Jun 26, 2014 8:31 PM
May 2014
Well she was also getting embarassed and caesar was clearly getting her to warm up to her faster than she imagined, she was surprised when he said she smiled, i think she was flustered at the time, he is really smooth after all

Caesar has a talent of getting her to lose her cool, whether getting embarassed or getting angry
jfsJun 26, 2014 8:38 PM
Jun 26, 2014 9:03 PM
May 2014
Oh yeah, she was already flustered. LOL, that he is. XD

And he's the only one who can do that.
Jun 26, 2014 10:14 PM
Jun 2014
Just want to say Dignified elegance IS REALLY AWESOME !!!!!!!!!
I keep listening to the track over and over since this morning. lol
So addicted to Nakamura's voice. > <~

Many thanks to jfs for the translation lyrics.
Jun 26, 2014 11:00 PM
May 2014
molecularkitten said:
Just want to say Dignified elegance IS REALLY AWESOME !!!!!!!!!
I keep listening to the track over and over since this morning. lol
So addicted to Nakamura's voice. > <~

Many thanks to jfs for the translation lyrics.

Just curious are you the guy who wrote the fanfic? lol
Jun 26, 2014 11:08 PM
May 2014
I must say Dignified Elegance is amazing! Very beautiful song. I can see why you would never get tired of it, jfs. Great singing and music!

I was wondering if molecularkitten is too. LOL
Jun 26, 2014 11:20 PM
May 2014
It is a nice song, though the voice sounds different to Caesar despite the seiyuu singing it..

Well the guy who wrote the fanfic said he used my song translation as part of the source when writing the fanfic,so i was wondering if they are the same person...

Anyway its nice to see its not just the 3 of us who cares about them songs lol
Jun 26, 2014 11:29 PM
May 2014
Indeed... Some of them really sound different when singing.

It sure is. LOL
Jun 27, 2014 12:39 AM
Jun 2014
Dignified Elegance and Name of Flower definitely my favorite songs from the character albums. I have to wonder why they didn't release both Caesar's and Ichi's character albums together.

I have to say I wish they had more official art for the show.
https://fbcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-0/1013587_294274024070009_2584941497645165733_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-0/10268570_294273984070013_5591109824890637761_n.jpg
Ichi looks a little uncomfortable though XD.
Jun 27, 2014 12:54 AM
May 2014
Mine too. Easily, they are. And I also like World is Mine. LOL XD Also Himiko's voice sounds cute.

Ichi does! She really is cute no matter what. XD
Jun 27, 2014 1:16 AM
May 2014
World is mine sucks, nakamura cant pronounce english words at all lol... unless it was on purpose but he sounded awful

This series really could have been so much better, but there is so little interest in it... the Tvtropes pages for NBTF hasnt been updated for a month -_-
Jun 27, 2014 1:33 AM
May 2014
That makes it hilarious. I like it for the LOL of it. XD Haha, seriously I get a kick out of him trying to pronounce English. XD (reminds me of the song "Every Heart", the singer was saying "every hurt", that made it funny. XD)

It really could have. The premise was good, but they didn't utilize what they had. It could have been a great historical mash-up, but it more of an "Eh?" mash-up. I rarely go there tbh.
Jun 27, 2014 1:33 AM
Jun 2014
Man, you make it sound so depressing J. I hope they at least made a profit out of this. They do have some merchandising going on and released character songs for it.
Jun 27, 2014 2:00 AM
May 2014
Bodomschild said:
Man, you make it sound so depressing J. I hope they at least made a profit out of this. They do have some merchandising going on and released character songs for it.

Which wont matter if they dont sell..... in fact it would cause losses if they dont

I heard the first 3 DVD boxes each sold around 1000 copies, which isnt great, but at least its better than crap like mahou sensou (around 200) and hey its still ahead of buddy complex (about 900)

The ones that sell well like date a live sells like 11k copies lol
jfsJun 27, 2014 2:09 AM
Jun 27, 2014 3:04 AM
Jun 2014
Oh God!, don't remind me I cringe whenever I see those weekly Bdvd sales. Damn, I didn't know buddy complex was doing that bad. I guess that's why instead of a whole 2nd season it's just gonna be like a two episode special?
Jun 27, 2014 3:14 AM
May 2014
Well idk buddy complex was a decent shounen mecha, i thought it would be quite popular... LOL i just keep remembering Bizon whenever i think of buddy complex, he has the same VA as Mitsu and both got NTR-ED hard

In Japanese 2ch its customary everytime Mitsu angst about Ichi, dozens of people will post

COOONNNNNECTIIIINGGGGG ICHIIIIIIIIII

Im sure you know this infamous line if you watched Buddy complex lol

Mahou Sensou was seriously rubbish though, worst anime of year

Is it confirmed its just 2 ep?
Jun 27, 2014 3:34 AM
Jun 2014
Unfortunately I haven't watched it yet. I'll probably start it though before the summer ends. Well, it says it's a two part special so I'm guessing it's two episodes.
Jun 27, 2014 4:44 AM
Jun 2014
I love Caesar x Ichihime! They are just perfect for each other :D

Wow! Thank you for the link! I wrote a fanfic inspired by Ichihime's pic :D
Jun 27, 2014 4:46 AM
May 2014
Miriae said:
I love Caesar x Ichihime! They are just perfect for each other :D

Lol nice to see you made an account here too, the fanfics you wrote were great

And nice to see more than one other people are actually reading the translations
Wow! Thank you for the link! I wrote a fanfic inspired by Ichihime's pic :D
Jun 27, 2014 5:01 AM
Jun 2014
I have been lurking here for sometime XD and I enjoy reading your discussions.

Again, thank you jfs for your translations! They really do help us understand the characters, more than what the anime showed us.
Jun 27, 2014 5:18 AM
May 2014
Miriae said:
I have been lurking here for sometime XD and I enjoy reading your discussions.

Again, thank you jfs for your translations! They really do help us understand the characters, more than what the anime showed us.

Well yeah, hope you stick around and join any discussions lol

Thats the purpose of character songs really, they are meant to give us a deeper insight into a characters personality and thoughts that may not be shown in the anime and helps give us a deeper understanding of their inner thoughts/personalities

For example, people may doubt that Ichi actually loved caesar just by watching the show since they only had a couple of interactions up to ep 21 (even though its actually quite obvious she was in love with him), but the chara song more or less confirms she really has fallen in love with it, but not only that, we also know that she knows it too0
Jun 27, 2014 5:45 AM
Jun 2014
jfs said:

For example, people may doubt that Ichi actually loved caesar just by watching the show since they only had a couple of interactions up to ep 21 (even though its actually quite obvious she was in love with him), but the chara song more or less confirms she really has fallen in love with it, but not only that, we also know that she knows it too0

True. I also like what you pointed out about 'the name of the flower' which is referenced in both Ichi's and Caesar's song. I wonder if Mitsuhide's song had referenced Ichi? (Or did Mitsuhide even have his own song?)
Jun 27, 2014 7:18 AM
May 2014
Miriae said:

True. I also like what you pointed out about 'the name of the flower' which is referenced in both Ichi's and Caesar's song. I wonder if Mitsuhide's song had referenced Ichi? (Or did Mitsuhide even have his own song?)

No he doesnt have one, the only ones are Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, Cow-tits, Ichihime, Himiko, and Saru

Let me know if anyone wants the others translated, otherwise im not gona bother, anyway please write more fanfics
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2014

98 by Vindicater »»
Jul 16, 2023 5:00 AM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

76 by Dobko »»
Aug 25, 2022 3:53 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

79 by Dobko »»
Aug 24, 2022 4:37 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2014

105 by Dobko »»
Aug 24, 2022 4:10 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2014

133 by Dobko »»
Aug 23, 2022 5:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.