Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
One Week Friends
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jun 24, 2014 9:53 PM

Jul 2010
Personally, this show is on the verge of making my top 15 list. I absolutely love the story and the characters. The leading lady and protagonist are both great and the supporting cast, Shougo and Saki in particular, are even better than the stars.

This episode was radiantly beautiful and sweet beyond belief. It did a reasonable job of wrapping things up, giving us an ending where they are moving forward together, with both stating their desire to become even closer friends. (Though, I wish the term "more than friends" would have been used by them at some point.)

The make-up scene with Shougo and Saki was absolutely fantastic! I love the way Saki went from having trouble remembering Shougo's name, to realizing he was the person who helped her finish her break homework all those years in elementary school, to realizing that she wants to rely on him now, and in the future, and really, truly would be happy if he became her husband. It is a kind of twisted, needy kind of love, but I think it is honest and, frankly, Shougo was already in love with her even before they started hanging out together. She just makes him want to protect her, I think.

I would love a second season, but only if there is enough source material to make one.
Jun 24, 2014 10:12 PM

Jan 2008
It was enjoyable but it kinda feels not much happened. It's like Shougo and Saki got closer in less episodes than it took the other two, which they probably did. In fact, I'm more interested in Shougo and Saki as of this point.

Well I won't cry for another season but if we get one, that's be nice.
Jun 25, 2014 12:26 AM

Jul 2009
hnnghhhhh too sweet. not much to say but i doubt a real life kaori existed. she's literally an angel.

9/10
Jun 25, 2014 7:54 AM

Dec 2012
It was a quick anime to watch and I had what I was expecting so I'm really satisfied. I'd want more Shougo and Yuki, though.
English is not my native language.
Jun 25, 2014 9:20 AM

Aug 2010
An absolutely sweet series. A good relaxing anime break from all those complex anime that came out recently. All the characters are cute and can totally relate to. Awesome animation and gentle music also helps the mood as well.

The MCs are good and you can definitely feel the friend-zone between them (hope they can progress in their relationship) but Shogo and Saki is the best ship in the series imo. I would really like a spin off or maybe an OVA between the two. About the ending though, can you really accept the current relationship status of Kaori and Hase? I mean aren't we curious about what could happen next? The ending is great but a second season is much appreciated too.

In the end you can never really hate this kind of anime but cannot give a high score as well. 9/10.
Jun 25, 2014 10:33 AM

Jul 2013
I really loved this last episode. It was great how they kind of went back to the beginning of their relationship in the new year, but not really. I would have liked to see a kiss, but I guess it might be too early for that. Would love a second season, but I'm pretty satisfied as it is right now.

I agree with other people about Shougo and Saki. I liked Shougo from the beginning, but thought Saki was an annoying little brat when she first appeared. Quickly grew to like her though and I love the relationship between those two. An OVA would indeed be nice.

All in all, this series was way better than I expected. So many likeable characters, and I've lost count how many times I've sat there smiling or going 'awww' when watching an episode.
Jun 25, 2014 7:55 PM
Jun 25, 2014 8:28 PM

Mar 2013

Beautiful places!
Jun 25, 2014 11:35 PM

Jan 2011

Wow, great stuff you got there :)
Are they really selling crepes at that place too? Free marketing for the win :D
Jun 26, 2014 4:08 AM

Sep 2008
They never did solve the memory loss problem. Hase was pretty frustrating in these last few episodes.

Shougo x Saki was great to see.
Jun 26, 2014 6:52 AM

May 2013
The art was really the only thing i love on this anime...
well, the story is good too, but overall the art is excellent. :3

Would really like to see a Live-Action movie for this Anime, seems legit...
Jun 26, 2014 10:01 AM

Jun 2008
So i'm guessing they will be exhanging diaries from now on?
Obvously this can't be the end. They can't just leave it like that :(
Season 2 where are you when i need you?T__T
Jun 26, 2014 8:28 PM

Jul 2010
Did Hase just eat the crepe with the paper?!
The shrine part was so sad yet so sweet.
After the winter and all
What?! You guys r still friends?
Ahhhhhhhh!!! I totally want season 2 or the manga to keep going.
Shougo and Saki FTW
Jun 27, 2014 12:32 AM
Mar 2014
Seriously going to miss this anime :(

8/10

Finally heard the full ending song .. Beautiful
Jun 27, 2014 2:10 AM

Jan 2013
So all good things come to an end huh. :( sad to see this show end T____T.
Hoping for a season 2 though.
Jun 27, 2014 3:25 AM
Apr 2014
NOOOO It's over now :( I want more D: Hopefully there'll be season 2.

But why is Hase writing in a diary? That was a surprising end. I guess we never got told he doesn't write one though(not quite sure. he might have said he doesn't write one when he suggested it to Kaori).
Jun 27, 2014 7:59 AM

Nov 2009
A satisfying ending!!!

I honestly was a bit worried as to how they will end this but I am somehow satisfied with this and I'm glad to see things are resolved. I'm so glad to Kiryuu and Saki make up again that face that Saki made was priceless, I definitely ship those two!!

It was a bit quiet during the middle but all that created a very nice dramatic scene between Hase and Fujimiya as one was worried about the stability of their friendship but it seems like they have found their answer and will continue their way. All is peaceful again and that last scene was interesting with Hase creating his own diary as well? ^_^

Overall I really enjoyed this series with it's unique drama elements combined with a great set of music and characters. Really felt the emotions of these characters and it's a very nice easy and simple to understand slice of life series. I will defintely read the manga now that I have finished the anime but really hope there is a second season for this series!!

[u]Final Scores:[/u]

Art/Animation: 8/10
Story/Plot: 8/10
Characters: 8/10
Music: 8.5/10
Overall Score: 8/10

Episode Rating: 5/5

Saki-chan!!

Hase with his own diary?

Hase X Fujimiya!! ^^

Jun 27, 2014 1:26 PM

Sep 2009
sheidesu said:
I want Ishuukan Friends 2 but the main focus would be Kiryuu Shougo and Yamagishi Saki <3 THEY'RE SOOOOOOOOOO ADORABLE <3
Yea if i hope for anything then it will be more Shougo X Saki moments. Even in the manga there isn't many.
Jun 27, 2014 5:31 PM

Jul 2013
A sweet and heart-warming series. Would've liked to see more Saki x Shougo moments.

8/10
-Dizzy-Jun 27, 2014 5:34 PM
Jun 27, 2014 9:27 PM

May 2012
xchee said:
Delicious feels. It doesn't come swinging with a haymaker but short jabs that hit the spot.

Friendzone? Come on people.

Friendzone means you treat that person like any other friend. You don't purposely seek out that person on a cold winter day, shed tears for him because he's drifting away, faithfully make him lunch every single day or feel sad when it's time to part after hanging out then suddenly feel so happy because he decided to walk you partway home. But I suppose different cultures right? Where I come from, that's not called friendzone. That's called mutual understanding which is like a hair's breadth away from being officially a couple. Their classmates' reaction in the end confirmed that.

9/10. Will buy the BDs.

10/10 accurate
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Jun 28, 2014 2:31 AM

Dec 2011
Saki and Shough really are cute together :3

Lol, they lied about going on trips with their families...

Sad moments at the shrine T.T

Now I want a 2nd season with actual romance lol.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jun 28, 2014 5:06 AM

Jan 2011
I expected a very different ending, but I guess this works as well.
All of their problems were resolved and they're friends again.
Was a really enjoyable ride, didn't expect this to be as good as it was.
7/10.

I expect an eventual second season to go for romance. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 28, 2014 8:10 AM

Sep 2011
Such a wonderful show OMG <3 So hnnnnnnnggg ;_;
I loved it so much, but I'm kind of sad that they didn't get together :( I mean I expected that they won't (at least for now), but it's still sad :/ Though if I would have to imagine their life from now I'm pretty sure they will end up together at some point.
For now (until I make up my mind, which is possible) the anime gets a 9/10 from me, which is more like a 9.5. It's wasn't perfect for me, because of not going on the romance route, but it was still very special in my eyes. It's almost a favorite :3

Season 2 now please T_T Until then I'm waiting for the manga to continue.
Jun 28, 2014 9:31 AM

Aug 2013
that was a Awesome ending and im also sad because its OVER NOW !! NOO !! Y.Y

im definitely going to miss this series i want a 2nd season !!!

10/10
Jun 28, 2014 1:08 PM

Jun 2009
Lovely ending. The winter air gave it a perfect finishing touch; they melted all the snow in my heart.

It was an incredibly sweet series that never failed to make me smile. I feel sad now that it’s over.

Also, Shougo is the best bro ever. Shougo x Saki ship till the end. Those two were the true stars of the show. I’ll miss them lots.

Wow! This really makes me appreciate the beautiful backdrop art all the more. Thanks for that.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Jun 28, 2014 1:45 PM

Jul 2010
Satisfying ending I'd say. That scene with Kaori and Hase at the temple was too HNNNNNG. That said, I found Shougo x Saki a better pair, and more interesting to be honest so I feel that this show still lacks something. 7/10 but would watch eventually a second season.
Jun 28, 2014 5:48 PM
Apr 2014
10/10

Awesome ending.

The series is frustrating, considering the lack of advancement of romance.
But, that is what the show is about.
It is realistically frustrating.
Romance doesn't develop overnight, it takes a long time to develop.
Life does not always end with the perfect good ending.
It shouldn't always end in kisses and love.
For this show, an ending like that is extremely fitting.
Jun 29, 2014 2:30 AM

Feb 2010
This feels anticlimatic
but overall a pretty good series
8/10

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jun 29, 2014 2:37 AM

Apr 2014
Just one thing: Did Hase eat the paper during the crepe scene?
Jun 29, 2014 4:01 AM

Dec 2013
I guess we can consider this an Original Anime "Good End", considering that Chapter 31 of the manga didn't end the series yet (yes, it's still ongoing, and Hajime's brother shows up). Also considering how they completely deviated from the manga in the last two episodes, I guess it would be kinda hard to put out a Season 2 for it, unless they completely changed up some stuff.

All in all I'm still satisfied that they'd put out a "Good End" for this show. The art and music was quietly spectacular. I enjoyed this adaptation I lot.

Oh well, back to the feels trip that is the manga.....
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 29, 2014 6:44 AM

May 2007
Episode 11 and 12 were refreshing, the last manga chapter I read was 16 and so the events of those last 2 episodes as well as episode 10 were all new to me. There was an added scene of Hajime moving back in the manga that was skipped in the anime but it made sense to skip it as he was being introduced in that very chapter, whereas that scene takes place at an end of a chapter to signify an imminent threat in the next chapter or 2.

The manga raws are up to chapter 31 I think, not sure how much of the manga the anime adapted but I reckon it's adapted up to a chapter in the 20's. Since the manga started back in 2012 and the anime almost used up all the manga material, I'm going on a hunch that we probably won't see a 2nd season unless the DVD/Blu-ray have great sales but even if that happens, it will probably take another 2 years to see it happen.

The anime was great and is a series that I will describe as a soft shoujo despite having tragic incident happening in the past of one the characters. I wonder if Naomi, the girl who got all of Kaori's elementary friends to turn against her, will ever come back into the main story.

Overall, this was a nice anime and the score I'm going to brand it with is a 9/10.

EDIT #1:-

So, I'm wrong on that the anime adapted up to chapter 20 because according to the guy above, the anime's last 2 episodes were essentially anime-original.
Jun 29, 2014 6:54 AM

Feb 2012
Geez, just start dating already.. Season 2 when?

dracoprincess said:
Just one thing: Did Hase eat the paper during the crepe scene?

Lol this
Jun 29, 2014 7:52 AM

Aug 2013

Woah ! Amazing !
Jun 29, 2014 3:58 PM

Nov 2012
Saki and Shougo!!!!

So Hase lied about his trip.. eh? Something's horribly wrong here. He's definitely forcing it, the other way though.

They were at the crepe place, at least Hase was considerate about her.

"Your free to leave now."
They don't even move... so cute~

Now that I think about it, are her emotions carried over each week? If so, then I am slow as heck! Heck, I'm slower than a slug!

It seems like Hase overlooked a couple of things with Kaori. Happy end~

When Kaori's mom said that Hase-kun's dad was about to call the ambulance, I thought it was for if Hase and Kaori did you know what and had a baby and ambulance and wth am I thinking! Really though why would he call the ambulance? My other thought was if case Hase-kun got hurt, so police + ambulance = okay situation.

Happy end~
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Jun 30, 2014 12:55 AM

Jun 2012
He ate the wrapper........
Jul 1, 2014 3:42 AM

Dec 2010
This anime, I really apreciate something like this came up. I haven't seen something I enjoyed in this good way since Kokoro Connect.

1. Characters. +1. Hase and Fujimiya were great leads, I could hardly hope for a relationship like theirs'. Shougo was a great character by himself as well, and Kujou was a pretty nice addition to the picture.
2. Atmosphere. +1. What can I say about the atmosphere, other than it was perfect in the moments between Hase and Fujimiya(that final episode). I really loved it.
3. OST. +1. That ED.
4. Animation. +1. The animation style is lovely, it's one of the things that initially made me pick up the anime.
5. Background story. Fujimiya's past wasn't something that dramatic, and could certainly be done better, but the show did great anyway.
6. Storyline. +1. How can you make a plot that revolves around the relationship of a boy and a girl, when the latter loses her memory? Perhaps it's not impossible, although it's a more difficult task in a SOL anime, but it really turned out way better than what I anticipated.
7. Ending. +1. That final episode!
8. Drama. +1. The drama was really great, the anime never felt too lighthearted for too long, something I loved about it.
9. Overall affect. +1. This anime carries so much things, I'm not really sure I can express (all of)them. Now when it ended I love it even more than before, perhaps because the final episode was beyond great as well.
Overall score: 8/10. I could love a second season.
MeritasJul 1, 2014 4:46 AM
Jul 1, 2014 4:29 AM

Dec 2011
That was so beautiful. The whole series was - not just that episode. All the 5 main characters were entirely likeable as well.

AOTS and first 9/10 score of the year.

Will buy & read the manga.
kuuderes_shadowJul 1, 2014 4:34 AM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 1, 2014 6:38 AM

Aug 2010
I would have preferred the show to end before the B part began, but they managed to give a pretty nice ending, so I'm satisfied. 4/5.

The main character was one of the most pathetic protagonists I have seen and that's something, considering we are talking about anime here...Kaori and Shogo were much more interesting and kept me invested in the show. 6/10.

Also, the mom was the best girl, by miles.
Jul 1, 2014 6:48 AM
Jun 2010
Considering the main point of conflict in this story is Fujimiya not being able to remember her friends, I am disappointed that they did not resolve this. I guess the manga is not to that point yet.

But the fabulous art and calming music more than made up for the sub-par story. I enjoyed it.
Jul 1, 2014 6:01 PM
Oct 2011
I had a really hard time deciding whether my final score would be 5 or 6. The plot was quite original which is always a plus, but it wasn't very interesting. Characters were also not very generic, which is another plus. However they all felt a little dull/empty, maybe because their backgrounds were not explained very well. Everything else was just average. I feel like this whole idea could've been executed much better. 5+1-1+1-1=5
Jul 2, 2014 1:50 AM

May 2010
Swift-Red said:
He ate the wrapper........
It's all I could think about for the rest of the episode.

Great series, favorite of the season unless one of my last two shows manages to overtake it as I wrap them up this week.
Jul 2, 2014 8:37 AM

Aug 2011
Hnnnngh this anime was so cuteeee.
I loved all the characters especially Shogo & Saki <3
I was expecting it maybe to be more dramatic/sad but it's fine it was still good *-*
Jul 2, 2014 10:41 PM

Dec 2012
Despite some people here saying "moar romance", this anime adaption is pretty realistic. If it jumped into romance at this point, it would isolate them because Kaori isn't really at that point (or whether she knows about it or not) even though Yuuki likes her. This episode was 9/10 for me and series get's 9/10. It was amazing beginning, slowed down in the middle and became amazing again near the end. Though I wonder why everyone has to have pairings in these romance type of manga.
Jul 3, 2014 1:38 PM

Aug 2007
DaylightBlue said:
Despite some people here saying "moar romance", this anime adaption is pretty realistic. If it jumped into romance at this point, it would isolate them because Kaori isn't really at that point (or whether she knows about it or not) even though Yuuki likes her.

Agreed. Romance and a second season would kill this. Why more romance if you already know these two belong to each other.

Damn, that ending. I was like 'HUH, are they exchanging diaries or something? Does he have the same problem? ' Well, it was a nice catch.

Anyway, I loved how the main characters were not completely standard. Both Hase and Kaori didn't always follow the -straight-on-be-normal-path, which usually makes me yawn. So I am glad Hase manned up at times, now and then thanks to Shougo. Shougo was awesome. I liked him through the whole series. I loved how Saki randomly brought up wanting to marrying him. Thing I really despised, I thought at first, was the moment we had to 'usual' plottwist of the childhood friend transferring back, but he quickly made clear what happened and even helped Hase understand Kaori's problem. A fine way of storytelling. Like when Shougo threw that rock and the flash to Hase dropping his etui.

Best this season I'd say. (or well, previous, I am a bit slow with catching up nowadays)
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jul 4, 2014 10:28 AM
Dec 2013
I feel as if I've been somehow cock blocked yet again. Why is it that every Anime I've ever seen has never directly shown either the protagonist and his/her love interest kiss. It's either off screen, blocked from a different angle, one party isn't consenting at the time OR GOD FORBID, one of the characters is unaware that they are being kissed, i.e., asleep or unconscious. Is there a single show out there that has an actually full frontal kissing scene, where both the characters are fully shown and consenting of there actions, I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS HAPPEN. It actually pisses me off when this happens, and I'm left unsatisfied in the end.

And yes, I understand this show wasn't primarily about either characters love for one another, but Jesus, it was obvious from like the first couple episodes that Hase liked Fujimiya enough to want to be her boyfriend. It doesn't help that shes oblivious to it either.
manofmanybeansJul 4, 2014 10:32 AM
Jul 4, 2014 12:09 PM

Aug 2010
vyktar said:
I feel as if I've been somehow cock blocked yet again. Why is it that every Anime I've ever seen has never directly shown either the protagonist and his/her love interest kiss. It's either off screen, blocked from a different angle, one party isn't consenting at the time OR GOD FORBID, one of the characters is unaware that they are being kissed, i.e., asleep or unconscious. Is there a single show out there that has an actually full frontal kissing scene, where both the characters are fully shown and consenting of there actions, I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS HAPPEN. It actually pisses me off when this happens, and I'm left unsatisfied in the end.

And yes, I understand this show wasn't primarily about either characters love for one another, but Jesus, it was obvious from like the first couple episodes that Hase liked Fujimiya enough to want to be her boyfriend. It doesn't help that shes oblivious to it either.

Clannad has kissing in the OVAs
(but main shown dosen't need kisses)
I think Toradora has it
and a bunch of other shows lol

But I agree not enough shows have it
Jul 5, 2014 11:12 AM

Nov 2012
Haha Hase got so excited that he ate the wrapper of his crêpe :D

Also Kaori's mom is still the best mom

A nice ending
Jul 7, 2014 2:28 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty decent series. 8.5/10
Jul 7, 2014 3:47 PM

Feb 2009
Well. This was nice.

I was glad Saki and Shougo finally made up.

That wrapper must've been some tasty stuff.

I'm gonna read the manga now. I hope the author makes and ending like 'Not friends anymore'
Jul 7, 2014 7:44 PM
Apr 2014
I really Expected a Deep story Behind this anime .. but it was ok
the ending wasn't that much of an ending
nothing much happened
but it's still a good story
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» Thought it was pretty bad due to one person

xONLYINHUMANx - Aug 30, 2023

4 by SAMESOULS_319 »»
Aug 30, 2023 2:32 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

319 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Aug 29, 2023 7:31 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

172 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 24, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2014

160 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 13, 2023 10:38 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

155 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 17, 2023 2:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.