Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2009 1:13 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really scary at the beginning. It was like foreshadowing for what would happen later. About Conan = Shinichi.

Conan and Heiji conversation... at the end was so sad. Heiji knew that Conan was hinting about danger he would face and told him to make sure to be alive.

The fake police... from a member that Ai doesn't know. Satou is always smarter than other officer for thinking the same as Conan.

Interesting, when the doctor explaining about the Beatles, the covers uses Kenta and others.

The police officers are trying in their pace to catch up with Conan when investigating.

Meanwhile, there's also another case happening to the young detectives about beetles, which relates to someone in need of saving.

Sonoko on TV saw Conan getting into the tower.

Wait, I think DAIGO, vocalist of BRAKERZ and guest seiyuu for this movie, is voicing the boyfriend of the person who died in the case!

Matsumoto was the person who got switched and he's with Conan. He's the one who knows Conan's identity. He has another purpose for catching him.

Ran came to rescue him, but is also got defeated.

That guy got killed by Gin (or rather the female shooter), and Conan is in danger.

He used the light to escape and attack the helicopter at the same time. Gin is shocked

Black Organization were out from the helicopter before it was fallen. At the very end was very cool, Shinichi's and Conan's voices together!
tsubasaloverOct 3, 2009 3:19 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 3, 2009 9:55 AM

Sep 2008
xP, pretty good movie, or rather I should say it was the best one?!

the beginning was kinda anticipated to be a dream, but it rly made me on my nerves(the end of the chair with @_@ eyes) until he woke up ..

the jiken(case) in this movie was good(specially because it was involved with the black organization ^^-basically a memory card that had information about that-)

Conan was always a step ahead of all the inspectors working together while Agasa dumb boring quizzes fruited with discovering the real Matsumoto

the fake Matsumoto was Pisko's son(his father was killed by Gin that time, when Haibara became Shiri again)

Conan runs from the black organization and attacks them at the same time & Ran got defeated when she went to save conan.

The last scene before the ending song was funny:

Ran: "Don't tell anyone that I was here", that was what he said, wasn't it?
Conan: Oh right right, n he said it's OK if u want to call/msg him now.
Ran: It's OK if I want to call/msg him?!
Conan: *he he* or maybe what he said was: "Please call me"
P.S. If anyone doesn't get it, Shinichi msged Ran saying: He's working on a dangerous case so plz refrain of msging/calling me for the time being.

My 1st fav part of the movie:
Gin: Who .. Just who might he be?
Vermouth:: As expected of the silver bullet, not bad at all.

My 2nd fav part of the movie (The end of the movie)::
Pisko's son(Codename: Irish): Kudo Shinichi ... continue doing as u always do.
Conan: I'll continue doing so ...
Conan/Shinichi (at the same time-with a cool background with conan/shinichi vs. black organization (Belmot, Kianti, Corn, Fodka, Gin):: Until I destroy u(kick ur a$$es)-P.S.:: he meant the black organization by that ^^-

Edit: forgot another nice part ::
Heiji(feeling like Shinichi is saying his last Farewell to him):: u'll definitely come, I'll be waiting .. *conan smirks*
Heiji(with a serious tone):u'll defintely, ok?
Conan: Yeah, I will.

everything above is subbed by me since there's no subs yet, the sub is 92% accurate, hope u enjoy reading it hehe ^ ^

10/10 movie!

Ike(go)!! Silver bullet xP

P.S. the memory card wasn't talked about later at all(I think) even though Kianti didn't shot it >_>"
Kaito__KidOct 3, 2009 10:04 AM

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Oct 3, 2009 3:24 PM

Nov 2007
I'm really not good at characters' names that are not main... Ah, Irish?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 4, 2009 9:23 AM

Sep 2008
tsubasalover said:
I'm really not good at characters' names that are not main... Ah, Irish?

xP, I'm not, too rly ^ ^ *just found that I wrote some names in a different way than ppl usually do. but anyways, It's not like that there's only one way to write them, right? xP* >>> this is my first time watching Conan for a whole year now xP I just couldn't avoid watching this movie ^_^

Yeah, Irish xP

Vermouth said this name to Conan at 39:52 when he followed her after she acted like a hostage xP

Vermouth: This is as far as I tell you, the rest is up for u to investigate. The codename is, Irish.
(That's how Conan got to know his in-Organization name)

((Irish is the name of the fake Matsumoto, who got shot dead by Chianti))

tho, I don't think they mean by it the english meaning ^.^, prolly just a name ^ ^

P.S.: It's rly a honor for me to get a reply by u ^ ^. n <3 ur summaries, they always make me feel like I watched the whole thing again in 1min, I rly enjoy them ^__^ It's rly a honor ^.^
Kaito__KidOct 4, 2009 9:27 AM

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Oct 17, 2009 4:13 PM

Feb 2008
At the risk of sounding a bit daft, what did the title "the Raven Chaser" refer to?
Oct 17, 2009 4:26 PM

Feb 2008
Hmm... perhaps Conan chasing the men in black suits?
Oct 17, 2009 6:23 PM

Jun 2007
Like always when the black organization jumps into the action, it's just a bit more exciting then a normal case, even though, since this is a movie, there would be no actual story progress but it makes you want to believe there will be anything that has changed afterwards.
This also leads to the roundabout only thing I didn't really like about the movie: the crashing plane at the end may have lead to a better feeling of victory over the men in black but it didn't really benefit the realism. Those men aren't invincible either. :v

If we just look over that fact it was a very exciting and interesting movie, which I enjoyed quite a lot.
Oct 17, 2009 6:41 PM

Feb 2009
What a misleading trailer! I am so disappointed!

I wish Kogoro would shut up and stop spouting nonsense!

Whoa now Ran is capable to dodge bullet! WTF!!!
Oct 18, 2009 3:16 AM

Jun 2006
It was alright. The dream and the ending were the best parts imo. xD
Oct 18, 2009 1:07 PM

Feb 2009
..What happened to the memory card..Irish dropped it and no one picked it up.
Oct 18, 2009 3:36 PM

Jan 2008
I think the memory card was shot. That's why they kept saying "A little closer", they needed an angle in which they would shoot them both(The memory card and him).
Oct 18, 2009 5:46 PM

May 2008
Not as action-packed as I thought it would until the end. I think the main problem was that they didn't even play "Kimi ga Ireba" at the end when Conan did his brilliant plan. That really made the ending shot seem "meh" than "HOLY CRAP THAT WAS AWESOME".

I loved Vermouth in the movie though. <3
Oct 19, 2009 9:33 AM
Jul 2008
Awesome movie, I'm glad I watched it. It was creepy at the beginning.
Oct 19, 2009 3:52 PM

Jan 2008
Didn't like it all that much, especially, because the trailer made it look like a totally different movie. I quite enjoyed the previous movie, #12, and in comparison to that, I had the feeling it was lacking some things.
I found there were hardly any real clues that could help to solve the case...So, for my taste, it was not "case-ish" enough and it was too long, too...The ending was quite good, although there were so many things that were utterly predictable, e.g.
o.o
The things I enjoyed most were Ran's fighting scene and the Beatles reference, which made my day...haha. Prof. Agasa talking about the Beatles!! =DD Loved that!

Other than that, it was okay, but I did expect a bit ..."more". So, yeah.
Still, I'm already looking forward to the next movie! =DD A zeppelin in a rainstorm flying over the ocean? Sounds like fun. x3

Oct 19, 2009 8:32 PM

Jun 2008
This movie was possibly the most over the top story I've seen in Conan so far.
Everything from the logic behind why the brother needed to kill everyone, to Conan taking on an assault helicopter with nothing but his suspenders. And soooo many moments in between to nitpick.
These movies are just getting ridiculous.

Do we live to watch Anime, or watch Anime to live?
Oct 20, 2009 11:47 PM

Oct 2007
can we say james bond, but still amusing, its a movie plus its animated, just enjoy the ride
Oct 24, 2009 11:21 PM

Feb 2008
watch and waiting the 14th movie.. anyone know the tittle?
Oct 30, 2009 8:55 AM

May 2007
Bluestreak2 said:
This movie was possibly the most over the top story I've seen in Conan so far.
Everything from the logic behind why the brother needed to kill everyone, to Conan taking on an assault helicopter with nothing but his suspenders. And soooo many moments in between to nitpick.

I can't say I didn't like it for what it was, but yeah, when the motive and MO for why the victims were killed was revealed, I was appalled. Too over the top for me.

Ran's scene was great, it made me think of a moment from the Watchmen, and Conan with the suspenders at the end? Seriously?
Nov 19, 2009 6:29 AM

Oct 2009
awesome movie after 2 boring movies

10/10
Dec 7, 2009 6:56 AM
Jul 2009
OMG the trailer was sooo awesome so of course i anticipated an awesome movie, but i was VERY disappointed.
*SPOILER ALERT* ------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>> why the hell did the BO die?! they didn't, right? tell me they didn't? they're too smart to just fall in a blown-up helicopter, right? cuz that's just TOTALLY lame!!!! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<----------------
ahem. anyways, i think there was too much foreshadowing. is it just me, or was the plot too predictable? and the plot also seemed too lighthearted, as well. compared to "countdown to heaven", this was nowhere near as intense. i mean, come on, they're the BO! they should be smarter! and more sinister!
i dunno. i expected a totally different movie, judging from the trailer. it made it seem so cool! hmm. i actually kinda hoped that a good guy would be killed - that would have made the plot so much more interesting...
May 5, 2010 6:04 AM
Mar 2010
I gave it a 7/10, not as stunning as the ep. 345 or ep. 425 2 hours special. I expected a thriller, not an action anime.

@anitayjchen

At the end of the movie someone says that no dead bodies were found in the wreck of the helicopter. I was disappointed either.
May 19, 2010 10:25 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
OMG this movie was best ever so far..
Aug 4, 2010 7:36 PM

Jul 2009
Best movie yet. Maybe it's because the Black Organization are in here :D

Anyways, 10/10 for me. Awaiting next movie... can't wait for that since Kaito Kid is in it again :P
This is a signature.
Aug 11, 2010 8:28 AM

Oct 2009
First part really shocked me out.
Favorite part : Gin shocked. XD. You should see his face, it's like he wins all the time but lost this time.

Good movie. 8/10. But I'm expecting slightly better. But this one is good enough. very much better than 12th movie. huff.

Aug 14, 2010 7:31 AM

Nov 2007
I really enjoyed this movie a lot! Was so much better than that let down 12.
The best thing about it is: We get to see a good amount of the Black Organisation guys. And I really felt bad for Irish in the end. You're so cruel, Gin.

Lots of suspense and action going on was a big plus!
And the credits song was simply stunning.

8/10
Mar 24, 2012 2:12 AM

Jun 2010
The pacing was a lot better than the last several previous, fairly awful, movies from this series and I appreciate the lack of Ran and Kaito Kid (either of which in sufficient quantities poisons a Detective Conan story) but it still leans very heavily on overly contrived stuff like the constellation and mahjong tile thing. I wish it would tell a more naturalistic crime story for once these days.

Despite the title and the opening scenes, there was very little screen-time for Conan's arch-enemies and it was only tangentially connected to the story which took most of the movie to play out. An earlier movie (I think it might have been #6) did a much better job of weaving them into a separate self-contained story. And despite the extended re-cap introduction for Ai compared to other films, she has her usual level of involvement these days; nearly nil.

The finale was fairly strong, though. Ridiculous, but at a level that I think this series can pull off.
Oct 12, 2012 6:17 AM

May 2012
Lol, 11 wasnt as bad as 12, but both were boring... Then comes this, they tried something else instead of mysteries and it worked. 9/10 In a way its the best Conan movie, but from another point of view the case itself was pretty bad. Though it had twists. I guess you shouldnt compare this to the other DC movies.
May 3, 2013 3:52 AM

Oct 2012
best DC movie so far..

May 16, 2013 9:32 AM

May 2013
Great movie overall. Especially the showdown between Conan and Irish. The involvement of the Black Organization was used well.
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Sep 8, 2013 6:18 PM

Apr 2012
This movie was awesome. :3
Apr 24, 2015 1:38 AM

Jul 2008
Bluestreak2 said:
This movie was possibly the most over the top story I&#039;ve seen in Conan so far.

And Ran landing a 747 wasn't?!

Anyway I admit the start scared the crap out of me. Its always interesting when the Black Org is involved and they did not disappoint. This gets an 8/10 for me.
May 8, 2015 1:49 PM

Jun 2012
Best DC Movie I absolutely loved it :)
Jul 5, 2015 3:56 AM

Mar 2015
Great and intense movie although a bit too over the top in certain aspects.
Many say it's the best DC movie and I can definetly see why.
Aug 29, 2015 10:40 AM

Jan 2015
I actually thought it was pretty boring. Just like Movie 05, so it might have to do with the Black Organisation. Those are supposed to be the "main plot" of DC but nothing of any consequence happens or can happen in the movies. Only Ran fighting and the heli-action were really cool, just like in 05 only the two big stunts on the tower were good.

But I just seem to prefer the movies with Kid or where there is a lot of action. Otherwise even the crime plots pale in comparison to some special or even 2-part episodes of the main series.
Apr 16, 2016 9:55 PM

Jan 2016
The scenery is what impressed me the most; it's quite realistic and sophisticated.

The art and the tv series, in general, is very nostalgic. Even if I am not a fan, Detective Conan series have been airing since my childhood days so it's good to watch. The characters are interesting enough to keep this airing.

There wasn't a completely satisfying ending but I think the studio is aiming more for quantity than quality because there's a lot of these movies and is going for continuity. Also, there were a ludicrous amount of minor characters, specifically the detectives and inspectors; this probably has to do with the previous movies and the involvement of Conan helping them. Unless the viewers watched the previous ones, this is confusing.

I don't think solving the case was the main focus but rather the men in black involved in the case along with Conan. Their involvement gave more action.
Overall good movie with nostalgic value. 8/10
Apr 29, 2016 4:43 PM
Apr 2016
One of my fav movie, i was so sad when irish died i wish conan could save him i dont prefer ran caractère that much but tye movie was hell awsome
Jan 21, 2017 1:49 AM

Jan 2012
Hmmm, well this movie certainly was packed. It had the Black Organization and just about every notable police officer we've met to this point. They even managed to cram Hattori in for a bit. I'd say I enjoyed it, but there were definitely some stretches during the investigation of the main case where it dragged. I became pretty bored of said case well before the twist culprit reveal. The last 20 minutes or so from Irish's reveal to the end were pretty strong though. Ran's bullet dodge and fight with Irish was amazing. Easily the highlight of the film, even in a losing effort. I wanna see something like that again with her winning when the series finally reaches the end battle. And throw in Kogoro too! Who, btw, was very underutilized in this film. Hell Ran had little screen time herself until the end. Perhaps due to including so many characters. Irish himself was fine, but suffered from status quo disease. You knew he'd hafta die to maintain it long before he did. Fairly gruesome snipe though by Chianti. Conan's escape from the helicopter and destruction of it at the same time, while exciting, ranks pretty damn highly in the outlandish category for this series, which is saying something. :D Not much to say on the Agasa/Detective Boys side of things except seeing them posed in famous Beatles album covers was pretty adorable. :D Overall this definitely wasn't one of my favorite Conan films, nor one of my least favorite. I feel mixed about it. I'll be generous and give it an 8/10 for Ran's fight. Plus I was admittedly pretty tired even before starting it which is not a good way to watch anything.
Feb 16, 2017 12:50 PM

Dec 2016
Tensai-Kun said:
xP, pretty good movie, or rather I should say it was the best one?!

the beginning was kinda anticipated to be a dream, but it rly made me on my nerves(the end of the chair with @_@ eyes) until he woke up ..

the jiken(case) in this movie was good(specially because it was involved with the black organization ^^-basically a memory card that had information about that-)

Conan was always a step ahead of all the inspectors working together while Agasa dumb boring quizzes fruited with discovering the real Matsumoto

the fake Matsumoto was Pisko's son(his father was killed by Gin that time, when Haibara became Shiri again)

Conan runs from the black organization and attacks them at the same time & Ran got defeated when she went to save conan.

The last scene before the ending song was funny:

Ran: "Don't tell anyone that I was here", that was what he said, wasn't it?
Conan: Oh right right, n he said it's OK if u want to call/msg him now.
Ran: It's OK if I want to call/msg him?!
Conan: *he he* or maybe what he said was: "Please call me"
P.S. If anyone doesn't get it, Shinichi msged Ran saying: He's working on a dangerous case so plz refrain of msging/calling me for the time being.

My 1st fav part of the movie:
Gin: Who .. Just who might he be?
Vermouth:: As expected of the silver bullet, not bad at all.

My 2nd fav part of the movie (The end of the movie)::
Pisko's son(Codename: Irish): Kudo Shinichi ... continue doing as u always do.
Conan: I'll continue doing so ...
Conan/Shinichi (at the same time-with a cool background with conan/shinichi vs. black organization (Belmot, Kianti, Corn, Fodka, Gin):: Until I destroy u(kick ur a$$es)-P.S.:: he meant the black organization by that ^^-

Edit: forgot another nice part ::
Heiji(feeling like Shinichi is saying his last Farewell to him):: u'll definitely come, I'll be waiting .. *conan smirks*
Heiji(with a serious tone):u'll defintely, ok?
Conan: Yeah, I will.

everything above is subbed by me since there's no subs yet, the sub is 92% accurate, hope u enjoy reading it hehe ^ ^

10/10 movie!

Ike(go)!! Silver bullet xP

P.S. the memory card wasn't talked about later at all(I think) even though Kianti didn't shot it >_>"

Pisco was not Irish's father. He said Pisco was a father like figure.
Women of my dreams I don't sleep so I can't find her

Jul 8, 2017 4:16 PM

Feb 2015
Fun movie! I really liked the BO element. We need more cases like this.
Aug 27, 2017 1:12 PM

Sep 2008
I kinda wish there were a little more of Black Organization (like this 2h long episode in tv series) but well, so far it's my favorite Conan movie.
Jan 5, 2019 8:44 AM
Aug 2014
Way more action packed than the other conan movies ive seen so far,
Kogoro actually did something useful (aka his job) for once by figuring out the whole star constilation thing which seriously suprised me.
Also Ran dodged a bullet and can somehow 1v1 that guy, k.
Conan also with the insane plot armor at the end, where he got chased at the tower.
Nov 12, 2021 4:01 PM

Nov 2020
So Superintendent Matsumoto was the one putting the tape on the beetles? Even though he was tied up?

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.

Jun 26, 2022 2:56 AM

Nov 2021
They got me there, in the beginning, I thought it's time.
Conan's action scene at the tower was epic! that was so cool deym. This was good!!

Jul 17, 2022 9:39 PM

Jan 2016
I think this one was the best so far. Every time B.O is involved, there’s a lot of action. Also seeing the police officers we know in one building was pretty dope too. I didn’t realize how cool the younger Yokomizo brother is. I’m on a Conan movie binge right now, and I see Kaito kid in the next movie, but I’m kinda getting tired of him atm. Anyways this movie is 9/10.

May 3, 2023 3:46 PM
Feb 2019
JoonKy

Nov 2020

So Superintendent Matsumoto was the one putting the tape on the beetles? Even though he was tied up?

yeah ikr it's not just only me noticed that
May 31, 2023 1:19 PM

Sep 2013
Decent movie till the last 30 minutes when they decided to make bo, who is supposed to leave no traces of their existence, go full rambo with an helicopter in the middle of the town. (Yes, I know movies arent canon)

My disappointment is unmeasurable and my day is ruined
Sep 30, 2023 6:52 AM
Sep 2023
فلم جميل جدا يستحق المرتبة الاولى

More topics from this board

» "Detective Conan: The Jet Black Chaser" -or- "Detective Conan movie 13"

williamsdm - Aug 21, 2009

2 by Shin_Star »»
Nov 19, 2009 4:37 AM

» Anticipation?

Kira01 - Dec 9, 2008

11 by VelvetEris »»
Oct 13, 2009 6:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.