Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 21, 2014 8:19 PM

Feb 2011
why couldn't they just show the ending properly

Jun 21, 2014 8:28 PM

Mar 2014
That ending was not satisfying. I wanted a Silvia and Ash ending but nope he had to end up with Eco. It feels like Ash would kiss any girl who tried to approach him. Hopefully a second season will come.
I like anime and you like anime. We have more in common than you think.....
Jun 21, 2014 9:09 PM

Mar 2014
God dang it.
Ending.
Made.
Me.
Lul.
so.
Hard.

I mean, seriously? YOU HAD TO LEAVE IT OUT. =_=

Also, tentacles.
"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"
Jun 21, 2014 9:12 PM

Jul 2013
Eh it was a good ending, but the whole fanservice and the story was kind of a letdown to me. Yeah the ending was sort of rushed, and recovered Eco so quickly. But to my positive side, I guess I give Ash some points by being a good MC on going on suicide tasks and helping his friends when they need help. Though he can be a little dense when it comes to romance.

6/10, Some were good, like showing Ash his Silver Knight form and his arm tattoo was pretty cool. It was a fine series overall.

Jun 21, 2014 9:34 PM

Dec 2010
Kind of a rushed episode, but it explained somethings! There was a dragon feud between two families, and Mordred wanted to come out the victor. It still doesn't explain what exactly Navi is though...

I'm also trying to figure out how Ash's friend was able to ride on the other dragon with the glasses guy. Unless, they can ride other dragons once they have permission or something.

I'm surprised that they actually had him end up with someone, so to speak. Plus it was Eco which was my favorite of the two main ships.

All in all I got exactly what I wanted. A series with a tsundere loli dragon, and a fantasy school. So I'm completely satisfied.

In fact I actually quite liked this series?! The characters weren't all that interesting, some of the art was odd looking, especially on the more well endowed characters, the plot was kind of generic too...But it was a fun show.

I can't even explain why I like it so much, all I know is that I do. I will definitely be reading the light novels for this one in the future!

8/10 (for my personal enjoyment) 6/10 (for everyone else)
Jun 21, 2014 9:58 PM

Jul 2010
So bad yet .. so bad. 5/10
From this kind of anime at least I want to have fun but unfortunately it didn't happen. Also, why not showing the fucking kiss? Was that too ecchi? But the 32112412 tentacles rapes weren't right.
Jun 21, 2014 11:01 PM

Feb 2012
Wasn't so fond of the ending. I dont care anymore if Ash ends up with Eco, as long as Eco turns out to be exactly the same as Navi when she matures. lol

So Avdocha and Anya are sisters, ya?

5/10
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 21, 2014 11:41 PM

Nov 2013
Eh pretty predictable ending there. The return of the real Julius was nice though. Kiss is too lewd to show but at least it happened, KyoAni.

This parthttp://i.imgur.com/5xjuYc1.jpg was something of a tongue-in-cheek reference to its own tentacles.

7 Eco/10 Louise
Jun 22, 2014 12:20 AM

Feb 2014
This show was below average for me ... I didn't expect anything from it in the first place so I am perfectly fine with this.

the ending was pretty meh and it is funny how Ash just stumbled on all the development with Silvia that happened in the past episodes and just went for the kiss with Eco out of nowhere xD
besides that, Eco's dragon form was rather hideous !! and why was Mordred defeated when Ash destroyed her horn? that doesn't even make sense lol .

and one last thing because I just HAVE to mention this .. WTF with the tentacles ??!!
every freaking episode has to have those disgusting tentacles and I can't even think of a reason for them. like seriously, couldn't they find some other way of attack or torture??
yes I understand the ecchi part, but just ... NO ... STAAHP !! :'(

5/10 from me .. I enjoyed this anime at some moments but in the end it was just a way to pass some time .
Need More DESUUUU~~~

My Anime List
Jun 22, 2014 1:22 AM

Apr 2010
I'm just glad that it's finally over.
Jun 22, 2014 1:27 AM

Mar 2014
I'm glad that it was amusing.

By being horrid.
"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"
Jun 22, 2014 2:27 AM

Apr 2014
So Julius was just actually possessed by Mordred which is his par.
Eco became a Maestro who's being possessed by Mordred was damn powerful.
Julius framing up Veronica to get Sylvanus was hilarious! (A lot of scenes was been removed from funimation version so just some of it I had understand; my Japanese language "skills" was just few)
Ash urge to save Eco was quite impressive (I guess) and Eco can already make her own arch battle suit for Ash and she finally realizes what Ash was for her.

Overall I'll rate this for 6/10 score since this Anime just made a mediocre to impact to me.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 22, 2014 5:35 AM

Oct 2011
lol this season is the season of shit endings. I like Eco but Eco x da guy isn't fit. Sylvia much better. This is like being in love with a doughter
Jun 22, 2014 6:59 AM
Apr 2013
Well, what happened at the end of episode 12 actually did happen in the Light Novels, it's just that....

If there's going to be a second season, it'll start from that exact same scene. Isn't this already normal for some anime to end a scene abruptly in season 1 and start from that exact same scene in season 2?

Though I really want a season 2......
albertrojasJun 22, 2014 7:03 AM
Jun 22, 2014 8:14 AM

Mar 2012
Tentacles. There, I just summarized this entire series in one word.
Jun 22, 2014 9:02 AM

Mar 2014
Jessica and her water dragon literally did nothing except make a big hole in the ground to get a front row seat.

And its not pedophilia if:
age of girl =/< age of boy/2 + 7

eg. boys age = 14
girls age has to be equal or greater than 14/2 = 7 + 7 = 14

eg 2. "boys" age = 30
girls age= 30/2 = 15 + 7 = 22

if the number is lower, sorry to say this but you're a pedo
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Jun 22, 2014 9:49 AM

Sep 2013
I was like... "That's it? You gotta be kidding me!"

The ending sucked. Not even an actual kiss happened. Just a gesture.
Jun 22, 2014 10:05 AM

Dec 2013
albertrojas said:
Well, what happened at the end of episode 12 actually did happen in the Light Novels, it's just that....

If there's going to be a second season, it'll start from that exact same scene. Isn't this already normal for some anime to end a scene abruptly in season 1 and start from that exact same scene in season 2?

Though I really want a season 2......

I must say I am NOT a fan of Bestiality.... so the Ash x Eco pairing really isn't doing it for me. It's like... kissing your dog... ewww....
Ash and Silvia, Ash and Rebecca or even Ash and Luca would be preferable.

Jessica bursting out of the ground screaming "Ash-Sama!" like a crazy obsessive woman had me rolling on my bed in stitches! That scene really made my day!

All in all this was a good mix of silly harem comedy and interesting fantasy story line. Having read the manga up to the beginning of this arc (hopefully they don't stop where this anime stopped), I pretty much knew what most of the show was going to be about. Still it didn't take away from the enjoyment I had watching it.

I too would love to have a season 2, mainly because I've got too much stuff on my plate to actually read the LN for this series right now. Watching it on a 24 minute weekly basis would be so much more preferable.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 22, 2014 12:02 PM

Sep 2012
hopefully I won't say this for another time this season... that final episode was horrible... not really complaining much about the rush and if you think about it they don't even have time to show the tentacles scene with Navi lol (have to admit that could have been interesting since it's kinda new?)

the only thing I was actually happy about was Lucca appeared~!! yay!! <3
Jun 22, 2014 12:27 PM

Nov 2012
Lame, I didn't quite like that ending. Where the hell is my harem ending or at least a Silvia or Lucca ending.
Episode was a bit rush, too many things got solved and explained way too fast.
Jun 22, 2014 1:42 PM
Dec 2012
A3ead said:
This show was below average for me ... I didn't expect anything from it in the first place so I am perfectly fine with this.

the ending was pretty meh and it is funny how Ash just stumbled on all the development with Silvia that happened in the past episodes and just went for the kiss with Eco out of nowhere xD
besides that, Eco's dragon form was rather hideous !! and why was Mordred defeated when Ash destroyed her horn? that doesn't even make sense lol .

and one last thing because I just HAVE to mention this .. WTF with the tentacles ??!!
every freaking episode has to have those disgusting tentacles and I can't even think of a reason for them. like seriously, couldn't they find some other way of attack or torture??
yes I understand the ecchi part, but just ... NO ... STAAHP !! :'(

5/10 from me .. I enjoyed this anime at some moments but in the end it was just a way to pass some time .

Eco's horns were the weak spot (it was shown in earlier episodes) and her true form is that of a giant dragon with three horns, one of which resembles a unicorn horn, and large white feathered wings, she also appears to have pink colored fur.
Jun 22, 2014 2:40 PM

Apr 2013
Mhm... they somehow incorporate tentacles into everything...

The director did admit he had a tentacle fetish... but this is too much rofl

4/10 for the series

Actually nevermind... just finished watching this... 3/10
duderusJun 22, 2014 2:50 PM

Jun 22, 2014 4:00 PM

Nov 2012
7/10 for generousity, if not , 5/10 . pretty generic ones, predictable scenes that goes you "meh" . i think only j.c staff can pull this one to its glory ..

and yeah , tentacles everywhere
Jun 22, 2014 5:14 PM

Jun 2012
Would have prefered a Sylvia ending, but oh well, an average series ended. Neither good nor bad, just a pretty generic harem, but with tentacles this time around, meh.
Jun 22, 2014 7:09 PM

Apr 2012
The final episode is too forced, really don't satisfy me :(
and there is a bit question left hanging.

Ash and Eco reunited and seems to be kissing each other
at least The ending is Good 6/10

Jun 22, 2014 7:20 PM

Nov 2012
Can some explain how Julius got the Sylvanus?
Jun 22, 2014 8:10 PM

Jun 2013
A soon as the Veronica was surrounded by the "darkness" and the screen went black, I knew EXACTLY what was about to happen... tentacles.

Also loved the super cop-out with Julius/Milgauss.

Also, I'm calling "no balls" for not showing Ash kiss the loli.

5 or 6 out of 10 for Navi and Veronica's sister complex.
Jun 22, 2014 8:22 PM
Sep 2010
Hot garbage smh
Jun 22, 2014 10:15 PM
May 2014
I wish the make a second season of dragonar academy. that'll be awesome.
Jun 22, 2014 10:18 PM

Sep 2011
This was quite enjoyable. I hope there is a season 2.
Jun 22, 2014 10:23 PM

Jan 2011
That was a pretty poor ending...although if the novels carried on the way people have said they did, it's not irredeemable with a second season. Right now this in the big pile of shows that could have been a lot better, but were produced quickly and carelessly out of the belief that some easy money could be made out of pandering to a small set of anime fans. Don't get me wrong, I like ecchi and I don't mind if we end up with the mc having more than one girl--harem endings seem quite reasonable to me as long as everyone in the relationship is ok with it. In fact this was a natural for that sort of ending to occur as the parr/knight relationship is clearly something different and Sylvia is obviously interested in Ash as more than just a fellow student. But this just pandered on so many levels, from the overuse of tentacles to the unrealistic proportions of most of the female characters. It just wasn't that good...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 22, 2014 10:25 PM

Dec 2012
Trippwire01 said:
Also, I'm calling "no balls" for not showing Ash kiss the loli.

It was odd... I mean in an episode can't recall which she ends up kissing Ash when she is "drunk" and a piece of "candy" is exchanged...
Jun 22, 2014 11:00 PM

Aug 2013
The show was pretty meh, but pretty much what I expected so I cant really be upset with it.

The Ash x Eco thing kinda blows though. I think even the people who hated the show were all in agreement with the rest of the world that it should have been Ash x Silvia. And now we know that's NEVER gonna happen between the confession and the kiss.

I don't really want to rewatch the show anytime soon, but I'll be looking forward to massively oversized uncensored bewbage in the future.
Jun 23, 2014 12:15 AM

Nov 2013
This show will be much better if they remove or change all of the tentacles scenes...
Jun 23, 2014 3:17 AM

Oct 2010
This series perfectly illustrates almost everything that's wrong with modern anime.
Jun 23, 2014 3:28 AM

Sep 2013
I thought this show was pretty amazing. I'm looking forward to season 2 if they do make it. Since it left on a cliff hanger.

7/10 for me :)

Jun 23, 2014 6:55 AM

Jun 2014
WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAAH AWOHROAWHRFAOISDFMAKWLEMAWLKDFMIALMTQW. THEY CUT OUT THE KISS BUT ALLOW TENTACLES!?!?!@#?!@?%$!@^?!@?#?!^?@#!?%$@#?&?@#$?!@#?!@?^!@?$#^!#!)$!@#@)^!@K$RIQL:WMFASMKGLMAEAF>CAQ:LRAW:L<DA:C<AWE.

Logic..
That was a reasonable ending.. and omg Jessica was so funny erupting from the ground like that. I wonder if this is the end or a season 2 will be announced?
What's really strange is all the shows from spring 2014 are ending in a way which provokes a season 2..

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jun 23, 2014 11:55 AM

Mar 2009
what the~ Ash x Eco pairing?! Sylvia is much better!!

love the Veronica Tentacle rape scene~ so erotic haha
Jun 23, 2014 12:32 PM

Jan 2011
Well guys...that was pretty damn terrible. Liked the first two episodes and after that it was a cliff drop. The fanservice wasn't even very good. Tenticle crap was terrible. If they would of kept the show within the confines of the academy it might have had a shot.

4/10
Jun 23, 2014 8:42 PM

Apr 2013
Be a full tentacle hentai series already.
Jun 23, 2014 9:53 PM

Jan 2008
Tentacle scene was the only reason to watch the show.
Jun 23, 2014 11:06 PM

Jul 2009
Horrible , Horrible , HORRIBLE anime.
Reasons why i found it horrible:
1.Bad story writing that held lots of potential of being good because dragons...
2. Idiotic and ugly as fk soundtrack....
3. Tentacles that made me yawn because they were misplaced.
4. Tsundere heroine , that would make you pull your ears off.
5.Not enough emphasis on dragons, making them the main item of the show instead of just a stupid plot point,
6. End boss was ended too fast.
7. Dragons shooting lasers projected thru arcane symbols in they're mouths instead of just going for the awesome traditional fire,ice,poison,sand etc elements.
1/10 i hated every second of it
8. Too much focus on humans!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe i didn't drop this piece of shit sooner....
Jun 24, 2014 1:30 AM

Oct 2010
Decent ending. Glad it ended with the bestiality route and not the princess route, lol.

However, I sure hope eco has some holes that ash can use. I don't know if it was for censoring purposes, but not much can be done without nipples and pleasure caves.
Jun 24, 2014 1:38 AM

Oct 2013
I think we can all agree we need a new season of loli dragon >.>
[/quote]
Jun 24, 2014 12:41 PM

Mar 2014
I didn't expect that decent ending.

Anyway, I was really enjoying this show as a shit anime. MF bunko J is extremely awesome. They brought Mahou Sensou in the last season and Seikoku no Dragonar in this season. Now I can't wait for Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance of the next season. Conversely, I think No Game No Life has less quality as MF bunko J anime. Ahahaha.

And I can't forget the impassioned performance of Sakura Ayane as Silvia.
Jun 24, 2014 2:36 PM

Apr 2010
Mediocre ending but at least it seems he picked someone tho i still support Silvy the most.
And seeing as she is human she has the most chance as well, guess i will be waiting on the manga to continue or start reading the LN.
Jun 24, 2014 4:35 PM

Mar 2014
I fully expect that kiss to get interrupted if there is another season that's like a golden rule and I rather him be with the princess or harem ending to the whole series. but yeah If i don't see the kiss I call bullshit
Jun 25, 2014 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

In the series finale earns half a point more than anything else but, unfortunately, the plot and narrative do not shine too much fanservice for beauty and ruin, like rust does with iron.
If only it were stainless steel, the speech was different.
Cute designs and animations good, but now you know if there is a second season.
As always, the ending was a bit rushed and the fact that there has been a AshXEco and not a AshXSylvia has me a bit puzzled.
Not bad instead of the final scene with the kiss, I thought I would end as usual "bagels and wine" instead ... OK!
The final rating for now is 6.5/10!
Jun 25, 2014 10:15 AM

May 2008
6/10 overall

uhhh overall i kinda expected this type of ending lol i wonder if i should start dropping these types of anime there all so similar I WATCHED 2 MANY WELP overall it was alright not bad not good so 6/10!
Jun 25, 2014 5:24 PM

Mar 2013
Dind't expect much from this series at all. It had potential, but it just went down the drain after the whole scandal between Silvia and her sister. The characters were quite bland and boring, but I did enjoy their interactions with one another. Between Ash and Eco was nothing short of a bad pairing, but the interactions between him and Silvia in the latter part of the story were practically the main driving force in making me watch the series until the end.
The last episode was a disappointment, with it being rushed and predictable. With all that fanservice and tentacle scenes, might as well make this a hentai series. Heck, it would probably sell more. Jokes aside, as a guy, I can't help but enjoy the fanservice that were thrown in my face most of the time.
Some things were left unexplained, but if there will ever be a second season in hopes of explaining those things, I'll be there.
4/10
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seikoku no Dragonar Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2014

100 by jdzero »»
Feb 14, 5:14 PM

Poll: » Seikoku no Dragonar Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

48 by Nongquoc136 »»
Aug 16, 2023 1:39 AM

Poll: » Seikoku no Dragonar Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 17, 2014

45 by Nongquoc136 »»
Aug 16, 2023 1:39 AM

Poll: » Seikoku no Dragonar Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2014

61 by Nongquoc136 »»
Aug 15, 2023 8:02 AM

Poll: » Seikoku no Dragonar Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

65 by Nongquoc136 »»
Aug 15, 2023 7:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.