Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2014 8:50 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Who wanted Joseph in action will be well pleased of this episode.
That spam of "OH NOOOOOOOOOO!"

Holy shit yes, nice to see Hamon's sparkles again.
Joseph is such a smart old geez.

Btw.
Nena and Hol Horse were shown to be lovers, just like the tarot cards they represent (The Empress and The Emperor), though it is unknown if Hol Horse knew her true appearance.

Also, Empress is the first of the Automatic Stands shown in the series, as it is activated when Nena's blood is touched by someone else.

Next:
AkanezoraJun 20, 2014 11:50 AM
Jun 20, 2014 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
>Ooooooooooooh no.
Shit got real this episode. Poor Joseph.

The Empress is one nasty bastard. Anyways, I loved the episode and so glad that the show is recognized as a four cour now :3

The OST was awesome as usual. I remember when they played it before once against Dark Blue Moon in one of the previous episodes.

Akanezora said:
Btw.
Nena and Hol Horse were shown to be lovers, just like the tarot cards they represent (The Empress and The Emperor), though it is unknown if Hol Horse knew her true appearance.

Gotta love that symbolism.
Stark700Jun 20, 2014 10:25 AM
Jun 20, 2014 8:59 AM

Jun 2010
Did that thing spit sebum at Joseph? eeeww
that's disgusting
Jun 20, 2014 9:57 AM

Jul 2013
That holographic barf though...

It was nice to see Joseph in action again and his classic catchphrase. Felt sort of off though. It didn't sound as dynamic as Sugita's.
Jun 20, 2014 10:34 AM

May 2013
Loved it when Joseph kept yelling, "Oh No!" lol. Joseph is still a badass. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jun 20, 2014 10:46 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Enya goes crazy at her son's loss in the beginning with a murderous intent while covered in blood! :O

Polnareff trying to convince Nena about Hol Horse being a shady guy was quite funny! He sure took a good liking to her.
That arm infection and that tongue.. Awfully awful. >.<

Poor Doctor. He was also funny with his catchphrase "No problem." Totally met a gravely problematic fate..

Good seeing the usage of Hamon again. Too bad, it didn't really work.. "Oh nooooo!" indeed.
Dunking that little monster in Coal Tar was a genius idea. "Hermit Purple" is actually an awesome Stand!
Loved seeing Joseph using his old antic of figuring out what his opponent will say next. XD

Hahaha. Poor Polnareff.. His Nena is done for. Tsk. Tsk.

Great episode. Joseph was hilarious even when facing a tough situation.

Jun 20, 2014 10:53 AM

Nov 2012
Most disgusting Stand and Stand user thus far ugh. Lmao @ Polnareff, I feel bad for him. Glad to see some of Joseph's mystic powers from season 1. I can't wait to see him in a real fight.
Jun 20, 2014 10:56 AM

May 2014
I thought he was going to use Hamon/Ripple after he dunked her in the tar :D

The disguise was masterful and her manipulation of Polnareff not to see Joseph was pretty amusing as well. It's also well representative of how you can miss anything and anyone in a lively crowd.

Joseph being a tactical genius, oh how I missed you. "Next you're going to say: I will be the one who shall judge you!"

I'll have to get really used to this monster of the week stuff now that we got 4 cours being the official length.
Jun 20, 2014 10:59 AM

Jul 2011
Are there any Hokuto no Ken fans in the house? I couldn't resist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq6-aJqNJA0
Jun 20, 2014 11:09 AM

Mar 2010
Guess people who missed young Joseph are satisfied now :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2014 11:11 AM

Sep 2013
Found this fight way better in the manga tbh. At least the killing blow was done well.
Jun 20, 2014 11:17 AM

Aug 2007
Great ep. Joesph's voice actor really delivered here. Well I'm excited for the next one after seeing how they handle automatic stands.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 20, 2014 11:25 AM

Apr 2014
Joseph Joestar is the man.
Jun 20, 2014 11:42 AM
Mar 2012
Finally getting some Joseph action!
Jun 20, 2014 11:58 AM

Feb 2012
I was laughing hysterically the whole episode.
If that isn't a good measure of a show's merit, I don't know what is.
Jun 20, 2014 12:03 PM
Mar 2014
I can't remember, did Empress do the chu mi mi~ in the manga? Or is that a call forward to Part 7?
Jun 20, 2014 12:08 PM

May 2014
Gotta admit...the Empress's voice is fucking cute !!! During the baby stage, anyway...
Jun 20, 2014 12:12 PM
Feb 2014
Orzi said:

not really, maybe I'm too obsessed with the hamon joeseph fighting pillar man just how powerful he was.

and now i'm watching this old man struggling to kill a parasite..
makes me sad.
Jun 20, 2014 12:30 PM

Jul 2011
boredguy77 said:
maybe I'm too obsessed with the hamon joeseph fighting pillar man just how powerful he was.

He wasn't really that powerful, if not for being the master of trickery and luck he would have lost pretty much every single conflict he was involved with in Battle Tendency. The Empress fight is pretty much just more of that. Jonathan was a lot more powerful and pretty much used up everything Hamon could do other than using it on pasta.
Jun 20, 2014 12:33 PM

Jul 2010
boredguy77 said:
Orzi said:

not really, maybe I'm too obsessed with the hamon joeseph fighting pillar man just how powerful he was.

makes me sad.

Are we at that again?
What? You wish he didn't struggle to kill the enemy stand? He should've killed him without a scratch because he's the immortal tricker master? Hereos get old, just deal with it. The important thing is that they must remain coherent till the very end, and Joseph just proved it.
Jun 20, 2014 12:40 PM

Mar 2010
boredguy77 said:
Orzi said:

makes me sad.

He defeated Pillar Men with hamon, what has no effect against stand, as showed in this episode. Therefore he has to find other method to get rid off this parasite-like thing. He done it fast, with his creativity and rapid assessment of the situation, like he did back then in his Battle Tendency days. He even used his catchphrase. Did you actually expect another pillar man or vampire to show up?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2014 12:46 PM

May 2014
It's about time Joseph got a fight, not as good as some of the previous fights but at least he got one. Oh, how I've missed his cold reading, hope to see more of it in the future.
Jun 20, 2014 12:52 PM

Sep 2008
jimjameswhatever said:
I was laughing hysterically the whole episode.
If that isn't a good measure of a show's merit, I don't know what is.

For real, I was in tears from laughing so hard with this episode. The Empress' voice was perfect and then the chipmunk taunting laugh along with Joseph's OHHH NOOO was just killing me. When she started punching his arm, idk why that had me in a laughing fit.

This episode managed to maintain the grossness of this stand and they did Joseph justice by showing that he's still got that quick thinking fighting charm as a grandpa. The car key getting stuck on Polnareff's hair was my favorite thing and wowowow super excited for next episode.
Jun 20, 2014 12:56 PM

Jan 2008
I can't believe the first "Muda muda muda" by Koyasu Takehito this season was in Precure.
And the first "wryyyyyyy" was in NGNL.
Jun 20, 2014 12:56 PM
Nov 2011
Don´t take Josephs struggle too lightly, many Stands are stronger than they look.
Jun 20, 2014 1:15 PM

Feb 2013
Jun 20, 2014 1:23 PM

Apr 2014
joseph finally said the next your going to say line. its not the same without dubstep music oh well still a great episode. what eps will [spoiler] iggy come
Jun 20, 2014 1:37 PM

Jul 2011
onefairyeater said:
what eps will

Around 22.
Jun 20, 2014 1:38 PM

Sep 2013
Polnareff in shock LOL Yeah, this is much more devastating than an actual fight, having his potential love be this fugly/evil.

OH NOOOOOOOOO.
Joseph, I missed you <3 I want to see your badassery more. Your son is taking all the glory ;_;

I liked how there was more interaction with their surroundings. Unlike that bit with the air plane where everybody was...asleep???? At least there were some reactions (or at least much more than in previous episodes)
Jun 20, 2014 1:39 PM

Nov 2012
Nyl685 said:
Don´t take Josephs struggle too lightly, many Stands are stronger than they look.
This , there was even a stand in a later part where it was about to control what people say that it almost got the whole cast killed.
Jun 20, 2014 1:48 PM

Oct 2012
I never liked The Empress fight too much, it was nice to see Kenshiro visiting the jojoverse in the form of a parasitic stand tumor.

I've been waiting for Wheel of Fortune, dem arms.
Jun 20, 2014 1:51 PM

May 2013
Glad to see Joseph back in action. His "OHH NOOO!!!" was so funny lol. His catchphrase returns too <3. When he threw the key into Polnareff's hair I just couldn't stop laughing xD
Jun 20, 2014 2:05 PM

Aug 2010
Well that was creepy as F***

Biting a flies head off. Killing the doctor and framing Joseph.

I expected more from Joseph to be honest :( He let that creepy bitch take control of him more than he could have....Or so I thought XD

He was BA in the end. Dat Ownage felt so good :D And predicting the words she's gonna say. Welcome back BA jiji ^^

Poor Polnareff. Shocked XD
Jun 20, 2014 2:15 PM

Nov 2011
http://i.imgur.com/qHFyfGn.png?1

When you see it... (only manga readers will recognize what I'm talking about)
Jun 20, 2014 2:20 PM

Mar 2010
Fadeout4 said:

I'm actually up to part 6 and don't recognize it. Can you explain it?
Jun 20, 2014 2:43 PM

Oct 2012
Fadeout4 said:

Morioh?
Jun 20, 2014 3:11 PM

Apr 2009
Oh man, so much to say, where to start...well I guess I'll begin with FUCK YEAH FUCKING JOSEPH JOESTAR DONT MESS WITH THE BEST!

The episode starts with Enya lamenting the death of her beloved son. I don't really buy that, you named him J. Geil, you couldn't have loved him that much.

So happy to see Joseph get an episode, I wasn't sure since his stand isn't a combat one whether or not he'd get assistance from somebody with fighting the empress, but I'm very glad he did it all on his own. I also loved how he did it, using his experience and smarts/trickery to his advantage. It's as if he's showing us that even though Jotaro is the main JoJo now, and his hamon is all but useless now and even his stand isn't very good for fighting, he still is worthy of his main character spot.

Speaking of hamon, I was so pumped when he started to use it, and equally as deflated when it had no effect. I get it Araki, hamon is old and busted and stands are the new hotness, but still...I just...really love part 2. That said I probably don't have to mention that Joseph using his classic catchphrase got me tight in the underpants, but I will anyway.

Also I realize that nobody has it easy on this journey, but still, why does Joseph get the worst of it?! Not only did he have to deal with saving the world from ancient super beings in his youth, but now his beloved daughter is dieing because the 100 year old vampire that killed his grandfather has revived and wants to wipe out his entire bloodline! And now his only good arm got infected with a stand that tries to shove a nail in his throat! His life REALLY sucks, somehow OH NO doesn't even begin to cover it.

Anyway yeah I loved this episode, and I love JoJo, nothing new.
Osaka117Jun 20, 2014 3:19 PM

Jun 20, 2014 3:35 PM

Nov 2011
Orzi said:
Fadeout4 said:

I'm actually up to part 6 and don't recognize it. Can you explain it?

Morioh town symbol to the right of the word CLINIC. It's a nod to Part 4.
Jun 20, 2014 3:38 PM

Mar 2010
Thank you very much, that's my ignorance of details...
Jun 20, 2014 3:38 PM

Jul 2010
Hell yes.Best Joestar is back in action.You show them some old school, Joseph!
I laughed so much when Joseph threw that key to Polnareff and it stopped on his hair while he was sitting there being all sad.Great scene xD
Jun 20, 2014 3:52 PM

Jun 2010
Even at 69 years of age, Joseph continues to prove just how badass he is.

Annie returns next episode too. Looking forward to seeing how they'll adapt the next fight as...
Jun 20, 2014 3:55 PM
Dec 2013
The_Redux said:
Even at 69 years of age, Joseph continues to prove just how badass he is.

Annie returns next episode too. Looking forward to seeing how they'll adapt the next fight as...

But it has one of the funniest moments in the entire manga :(

Anyway, I'm hoping it will just be a half episode
Jun 20, 2014 4:03 PM

Jun 2009
Ah, Joseph is so awesome. I think this is the episode I've most enjoyed up until now, just a lot of fun watching him freaking out with the "oh no!" line throughout and then fuck his enemy up at the last second. Classic Joseph.

Also, those keys getting stuck in Polnareff's hair? I died.
Ston3_FreeN7Jun 20, 2014 4:09 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 20, 2014 4:49 PM

Dec 2010
While not as awesome as the last episode, this was still a pretty cool episode, and proved that Joseph has still got it, even if he isn't a major player anymore!
Jun 20, 2014 5:08 PM

Sep 2011
This is the joseph joestar i remember finally back in action, too bad his glorious return to form was used on whats particularly a fairly weak episode compared to the past 11, not bad and sure as hell still enjoyable but its odd that my favorite jojo character so far having a return to form episode ended up being my least favorite of part 3 so far. Oh well as long as we get to see joseph in the spotlight like this ill be a happy camper.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 20, 2014 7:08 PM

Jun 2012
Pretty funny episode
Jun 20, 2014 7:38 PM

Jan 2011
"Ooooooh no!"
How I've been waiting to hear that again. Seeing Joseph displaying his precognition again was just the icing on the cake.

I hope the OP and ED don't change next ep.
Jun 20, 2014 7:40 PM

Jun 2013
OH NOOOOOO!
-
Next you are going to say, "Stop, anything but that."

Yep, this is the Joseph I remember. Great episode! Poor Swagnareff almost kissed that thing...
Jun 20, 2014 7:42 PM
Jun 20, 2014 7:45 PM

Dec 2013
Good lord joseph still had the time to shine.

Oh and btw, do you guys think 4 cours will turn down new viewers??
Considering stardust is just.. A bit of..... Motw format??
"nothing is true. everything is permitted"
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - May 9, 2014

167 by fgowy »»
Apr 13, 11:37 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

159 by HilariousPerson »»
Apr 9, 8:34 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akanezora - Sep 12, 2014

276 by Will_Keisuke_ »»
Mar 27, 6:11 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2014

217 by OVERJRIVE »»
Jan 23, 5:29 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

231 by ymanaslya »»
Jan 20, 11:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.