Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mushishi
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 20, 2014 8:46 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Akanezora said:

Does anyone know when the album OST will be released?

There'll be 4 OST albums with the 1st being released on June 25. The release dates for the next 3 album follows July 23, September 24 and November 26, respectively.

Source: http://vgmdb.net/product/2528

Jun 20, 2014 9:22 PM

May 2013
Great episode. I've always wanted an episode where Ginko is the only human in the episode and he has to deal with mushi and nature. The swamp scene was beautifully done. I also like Ginko's monologues especially his dialogue towards the Mountain Lord. The fact that there was almost no music in this episode really enhanced the idea of Ginko being alone with nature. That made the episode feel peaceful.
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Jun 20, 2014 9:40 PM

Mar 2012
A lovely finale. Looking forward to watching the second half this fall.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 20, 2014 10:20 PM

Dec 2012
Magnificent episode, loved every second of it. I'm glad Mushishi is not over yet. Can't wait until fall for more episodes!

IchiroEX said:
Actually laughed at the end. Dat Mountain lord.
Jun 20, 2014 10:32 PM

Jul 2010
Shaniyaz said:
Akanezora said:

Does anyone know when the album OST will be released?

There'll be 4 OST albums with the 1st being released on June 25. The release dates for the next 3 album follows July 23, September 24 and November 26, respectively.

Source: http://vgmdb.net/product/2528

Awesome, thank you.
Jun 20, 2014 10:47 PM

Aug 2012
Got hustled for dat kouki.

I can't express how happy I am that this was a Ginko-centric episode, best way to hold us over till fall.
Jun 20, 2014 11:01 PM

Sep 2012
This episode was really intriguing and gave a lot of insights into how the world of Mushishi works. Plus, when Ginko realized what the Mountain Lord wanted from him, I had to laugh. I honestly expected it to smile during that last extended shot.
Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?
Jun 21, 2014 12:12 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
luniz said:
It's unreal how good this anime is. They do so much with so little, no dialogue, plot, story or anything yet still so deep but light at the same time...spectacular. It's like a meditation on nature or something.

Definitely agree. Silence has been a big part of Mushishi, but even more so in this episode as Ginko is the only human character and the only voice we hear. I really enjoyed this episode :) Looking forward to more Mushishi in the fall!
Jun 21, 2014 12:13 AM
Jul 2018
This was a little different from most of the episodes but great nonetheless.
Now I can't wait for the fall series and special.
Jun 21, 2014 1:01 AM

Aug 2010
This was probably my favourite ep having solely focused on Ginko. Love that guy so much. His monologue was so fun :D gotta love how calm he kept throughout.

Lol'd at "Nandakorya" when he woke up and found it snowing hard as hell XD
And the end when he realised he was trolled by the mountain lord lol.

9.5/10 and Can't wait for S2 :D
Jun 21, 2014 1:02 AM

Dec 2011
Wonderful as always, can't wait for the continuation this fall. I never can't get enough of Mushishi.
Jun 21, 2014 2:01 AM

Oct 2013
omgggg this troll turtle so fucken funny
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 21, 2014 3:03 AM

Jul 2010
Definitely an anime of its own. It delves into themes anime rarely touch. A very relaxing experience.

Still miss some Tanyu though, I hope she appears on the next season :3
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Jun 21, 2014 3:51 AM

Feb 2013
Bigbuffoon said:
Definitely an anime of its own. It delves into themes anime rarely touch. A very relaxing experience.

Still miss some Tanyu though, I hope she appears on the next season :3

She will appear in the special episode. :)
Jun 21, 2014 4:07 AM

Mar 2012
best episode ever
can't wait till fall :D
Mankind’s greatest fear is Mankind itself.
Gendo Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

REAL LIFE Anime videos on my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCof9ppdHcniLAS_pFoRkqfw
Jun 21, 2014 4:55 AM

Apr 2014
A Ginko-focused episode! :D This is, what, the second time that such an episode occurred?

That turtle. Oh my lord. XD I love that it tricked him into the mountain to get his Kouki. While he was just tripping balls in that mud-pool they were busy going through his things. I cannot express how hilarious it is that they used him. XD
Jun 21, 2014 4:59 AM

Jul 2010
TheSusurrous said:

By "will" you mean the Hihamukage special that aired awhile back? Or a new special episode?
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Jun 21, 2014 5:28 AM

Apr 2011
Pretty episode as always, but in all honesty - boring as hell. It's not that I don't like this anime, but I won't miss it at all..
Jun 21, 2014 5:41 AM
womp womp

Nov 2012
Absolutely beautiful episode. I love how they spend such a long time in the swamp, not immediately changing the scene, and just simply stay on that scene in the darkness.

Overall thoughts, 9/10.
Jun 21, 2014 6:06 AM

Mar 2013
Ginko got trolled by a turtle, oh god I love this series.
Jun 21, 2014 6:11 AM

Aug 2012
This may have just been my favorite episode of the season. True, I still love the multiple of three episodes & all those perhaps left a bigger impression on me in terms of emotional impact but when it comes to atmosphere, I think this episode drew me in more than any other. Incredibly beautiful, relaxing experience. The swamp scene, is one of the best in the series. I loved it & it's not something you'd see anywhere else except Mushishi.

Which thank god has returned to us & we'll be doing so again. I'm not ready for this series to leave me again because it fills this void in anime & I've never found another anime that can quite match the experience of watching Mushishi. There's just nothing like it & this season is proves that. It's just as good as the first, if not better (& this season isn't even done).

This half of the season was really good. Each episode was distinct, providing something different to the table, exposing another facet of Mushishi. Some of them worked more than others but all of them had something to be mesmerized by, whether it be the visuals, the characters or in the case of the season premiere, the series return. Visually, the show improved outside of one minor nitpick I have. The lack of facial features when the characters aren't right up close to the screen. I don't remember this being a part of season 1 & it wasn't a huge deal here but it did bother me. On the sound department, it was basically perfect. In terms of the OP or even the multiple ED's, I'd prefer the first season. The Sore Feet Song will always be Mushishi to me. But for the actually score, the series just seems to have far excelled the first season here. Completely instrumental to many of the seasons best moments being able to carry the emotional resonance it needed to. Coming over from dub to sub, I do still prefer the dub but the sub is basically pitch perfect too.

Much like another show this season, Ping Pong the Animation, the score is really close to a 10 but just misses it for me. By, exactly one point too. But, nothing wrong with getting a 9, especially when it provides episodes like these.

Favorite Episodes (Air date order, not by favorites)
I. Beneath the Sea
II. Floral Delusion
III. Valley of the Welling Tide
IV. The Depths of Winter

Kinda redundant to list them since I already mentioned they were my favorites but still, these are the four episode that struck me the most & would likely wind up on a top ten favorite Mushishi episode list if I were to do one.
Jun 21, 2014 7:17 AM

Jul 2012
That was a slow one. I want second half of this season now!
Jun 21, 2014 7:19 AM

Oct 2012
That turtle was a cunning bastard lol. Let's meet again in Fall.
Jun 21, 2014 7:21 AM

Jan 2008
The past two episodes were kinda a disappointment. I understand Ginko doesn't always fix the problems but when nothing even happens, it's like I just watched nothing.

This season really seems to be using the overusing kouki element a lot too. I guess I can expect it to be the solution for many problems in the future.

Still enjoying but not getting the same vibes as I normally do when I watch Mushishi.
Jun 21, 2014 8:21 AM

Dec 2013
So this time was the mushi that interacts with Ginko and not the otherwise, beautiful way to end the season with a centric episode on Ginko also liked the lord of the mountain to be a turtle, has an air of grandeur and experience.

This show never disappoint me and can't wait for the second part and the specials.
Jun 21, 2014 10:18 AM

Jan 2012
Well that sure was a quiet episode...

Anyway looking forward to the next season :) soon :p
Jun 21, 2014 12:40 PM

Jun 2009
What a beautiful episode. Must be my favorite of the season.

It was magical how everything evolved from winter to spring—it felt like it was really coming to life. Then there’s the gorgeous underwater scene… And Ginko, of course. Mountain Lord sure knows what he’s doing!

Aw. It makes me terribly sad to part with Mushishi once again. I hadn’t realized it was the finale until the very end; my heart sunk. I miss it already.

Thanks for the wonderful journey. See you soon, Ginko.

Fall please come quickly. ;_;
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Jun 21, 2014 2:04 PM

Apr 2013
Since I knew this would be the last episode of this cour, I almost thought, he would die or something, when he went into the swamp, and that maybe they'd revive him somehow in the second cour. But glad that didn't happen. Amazing Episode as always.

I watched first season for the first time right before second season came out, so I had my share of Mushishi for a few weeks now and don't know how it is waiting for a continuation so long, so having to wait now will be hard xD It always is so calming to watch and sometimes you really feel the beauty of nature^^ Like someone said before sometime, one of the reasons this show looks so gorgeous is that the trees look like real trees and the forests look like real forests, unlike in most other anime^^
Jun 21, 2014 4:03 PM

Apr 2009
couldn't resist

Jun 21, 2014 4:09 PM

Feb 2013
Bigbuffoon said:
TheSusurrous said:

By "will" you mean the Hihamukage special that aired awhile back? Or a new special episode?

No, I don't mean the Hihamukage episode. I don't know if it actually will be a 40 min special episode or two separate ones but anyway I can assure you that she will return!
Jun 21, 2014 5:34 PM

May 2011
I was really nervous for Ginko for a little bit. But I had a laugh by the end with the mountain lord so cleverly pulling him in like that. I wonder if it is something that has happened in the past before to keep things going smoothly.
Jun 21, 2014 6:54 PM

Jul 2012
I loved this Ginko centered episode.

The mountain lord is one crafty turtle. I cannot wait for the second season.

Great episode and season!!!
Jun 21, 2014 6:55 PM

Jan 2014
Epic Solo episode, well done Artland, well done
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2014 7:58 PM

Sep 2011
Awww this was just perfect and beautiful!!! *0*
Jun 21, 2014 9:30 PM

Jun 2008
Great episode, fitting close to the season. Only one more season left and then that is it. Bittersweet feeling.
Jun 21, 2014 10:18 PM

Nov 2011
Didn't expect it ended in this episode before I updated my list..
Perfectly well 'ending', looking forward to the fall..
10/10 of course..
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jun 22, 2014 12:03 AM

Nov 2010
Best anime of the season. without a doubt.

looking for ward to the fall and new episodes.
Jun 22, 2014 1:28 AM

Feb 2012
Ginko was in a tight spot there. For a minute there, I thought he was a goner! :(

Can't wait for the second part and the specials!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 22, 2014 1:33 AM

Oct 2008
Perhaps the best Mushishi episode ever. The most beautiful and the most atmospheric. I will never get over how well Mushishi episodes are paced.

This show is unquestionably a masterpiece. Best of the season? Best of all time.
Jun 22, 2014 2:27 AM

Dec 2012
The calm of the ambient sounds and soothing contrast between the calm snowfall and the lush spring made for a very satisfying atmosphere for this last episode. It's interesting to see how the mushi can even influence the seasons. This was a rather fresh episode in the sense that Ginko's knowledge as a mushishi was being put to the test with a trial he was both unfamiliar with and had no control over. I got a good laugh out of the end when Ginko is like "did the mountain lord do this just to get my kouki?" Greedy poker faced turtle.

It's a shame this season had to come to a close so soon, although I look forward to the remaining episodes later as well as the next part in autumn. This was just as thought provoking and awe inspiring as the last season. I was completely immersed and captivated by each story and feel all 10 episodes provided more insight into both the Mushi-verse as well as our own world. Since this only built on the masterpiece of season 1, I have nothing more to say but 10/10.
Jun 22, 2014 5:32 AM

Jul 2009
Wow, I was really worried about Ginko when he fell into the swamp, glad he didn't die or anything...Looking forward to the next season! 8/10
Jun 22, 2014 3:12 PM

Nov 2008
For me, this was the weakest episode from this new mini-season. But altogether I liked the first part of Zoku Shou. 9/10 for me, and I can't wait for the new dosis of Mushishi this autumn.
Jun 23, 2014 3:13 AM

Nov 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode.

Throughout the series it was more of Ginko supporting the other characters through their troubles, which was great, but it was fantastic just having an episode dedicated to Ginko himself.

He thought his way through and in the end got played by the Mountain Lord, but it was very interesting to see how the Lord protects those whom are in its domain.

Overall very strong season.
Excited for the fall, can't wait to see more!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jun 23, 2014 3:13 AM

Oct 2010
I loved how Ginko was the only person in this ep. What a crafty old mountain lord lol.
Jun 23, 2014 12:00 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was easily my favorite and even rivals some of the best episodes of season 1. To be honest, I felt this season had too many mushi that acted more like parasites, giving their host some kind of supernatural power but weakening them gradually than just having mushi as enigmatic forces of nature.
Nothing wrong with that per se, but in my opinion it always gave too much focus on the character of the week neglecting Ginko or the mushi themselves.
Here, on the other hand, we have Ginko monologuing for 20 minutes, trying to figure out the mystery of his current situation and it's amazing.

I was hesitating between a 9 and a 10, but after seeing this, I'm convinced it deserves the 10.
I'm looking forward to the next season!
Jun 23, 2014 12:07 PM

Sep 2008
damn that mountain lord was a badass. Of all the things,people, mushis, Ginko finally got bested by a turtle hehe...this episode was a great addition to mushi lore, it shows how there are so many points such as these mountains on the river's flow where mountain lords 'rule' (we've seen such places in the first season), basically make sure that these points do not die, and the ecology is in balance, along witht he komyaku at that point.

Anyways, perfect music, direction, animation, voice acting, the whole minimalist approach etc. I enjoyed how the whole episode was just focused on Ginko, and the only other character being the mountain lord turtle who didn't speak a word. Easily among my favorite mushishi episodes. In fact, almost every episode of this season is now among my favorite mushishi epsode. This season was just pure brilliance, couldn't have asked for more.
eyerokJun 23, 2014 12:13 PM
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jun 23, 2014 8:17 PM

Mar 2009
Best anime this season? Best anime this season.

A shame that we only got 10 episodes(though we do have two more episodes, and another season on the way), but we should be grateful that we got any Mushishi at all. It's like an anime out of a different era, especially now in 2014. There's nothing else like it.
Jun 23, 2014 10:49 PM

Jan 2013
Felt like a special episode to end on.
Really like the focus on Ginko. This could have been the series finale.
Now I'm excited to see how it ends next season.
Jun 24, 2014 1:29 AM

Jul 2013
Haha.. Ginko got trolled by the mountain lord =p

I can't describe just how beautiful this anime is. The art and sound alone warrant a perfect score. At first I just watched this for the heck of it since the first season was rated really highly. I didn't expect to like it this much.

10/10 for sure.
Jun 24, 2014 3:57 AM

Oct 2012
Now that is how you end a season of Mushishi. Showing us Ginko in a situation where he doesn't have the answers and is as helpless as the civilians he usually helps. It's a great reversal of fate and one that let me know Ginko is capable of being punked.

On that note, turtle-mushi-lord stole the episode. That's how you show them youngsters to know their place. XD
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushishi Zoku Shou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2014

125 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 23, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Mushishi Zoku Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2014

175 by Pokitaru »»
Mar 2, 1:25 PM

» Is it just me?

Jundal - Dec 29, 2023

8 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Jan 9, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Mushishi Zoku Shou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2014

93 by skatensleep »»
Dec 6, 2023 8:30 AM

Poll: » Mushishi Zoku Shou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2014

116 by skatensleep »»
Dec 6, 2023 7:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.