Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 20, 2014 6:33 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 20, 2014 6:42 AM

Dec 2012
Great news.

But I personally would have preferred if it were just 3 cours.
Jun 20, 2014 6:47 AM

Jul 2013
Is 3rd part really that long compared to the first two? I'd be fine if this is only 2-cours though.

Jun 20, 2014 6:57 AM

Jul 2011
Stardust crusaders has waaaaay more content that the first two parts. Considering the pacing so far, they would need about as much episodes for 4 cour.
I for one, am extremely happy. The pacing so far has been excellent, and it would be a shame if that couldn't continue.

Steel Ball Run anime to run for 12 cour.
Jun 20, 2014 7:21 AM

Mar 2010
EasyGo-er said:
Is 3rd part really that long compared to the first two? I'd be fine if this is only 2-cours though.

2 cours would be impossible, considering there's over 25 fights, some of which require multiple episodes.
The first 2 parts combined is still only about 3/4 the length of Stardust Crusaders.
And at the pace it's going at right now, this sounds about right.
Jun 20, 2014 7:27 AM

Nov 2010
Jun 20, 2014 7:35 AM

Jul 2013
Sadakiyo said:
Stardust crusaders has waaaaay more content that the first two parts. Considering the pacing so far, they would need about as much episodes for 4 cour.
I for one, am extremely happy. The pacing so far has been excellent, and it would be a shame if that couldn't continue.

Steel Ball Run anime to run for 12 cour.
brianwuzhere said:
2 cours would be impossible, considering there's over 25 fights, some of which require multiple episodes.
The first 2 parts combined is still only about 3/4 the length of Stardust Crusaders.
And at the pace it's going at right now, this sounds about right.

I just knew that the previous OVAs cut lots of stuffs but wow, I didn't expect it to be that long. Good to know that they're adapting this right then. But now I wonder how they'll do the other parts if they're indeed longer than SC. JoJo is a really big franchise huh.

Jun 20, 2014 7:42 AM

May 2013
That's a lot of episodes considering that all the parts after this are even longer.
It will take many years merely to reach part 5 at this pace.
I think this is too much, 3 cours and a faster pacing would have been enough to show everything.
Jun 20, 2014 8:03 AM

Dec 2011
i was actually worried that they might skip some fights but with this news out i won't have to worry anymore. although, it would take a while for a part 4 anime now...
Jun 20, 2014 8:07 AM

Sep 2007
Daw11 said:
That's a lot of episodes considering that all the parts after this are even longer.
It will take many years merely to reach part 5 at this pace.
I think this is too much, 3 cours and a faster pacing would have been enough to show everything.

there is literally no way to increase the pace any more then it already is without the show becoming terrible.
Jun 20, 2014 8:10 AM

Jul 2010
Didn't expect 4 Cour but fine, more JoJo is always welcomed.

scytheavatar said:
And no breaks in between.
Jun 20, 2014 8:25 AM

May 2013
Rahkshilord said:

there is literally no way to increase the pace any more then it already is without the show becoming terrible.

Part 1 and 2 pacing was a lot faster and people still enjoyed them.

With around 50 episodes per part and and at least an year break between each, Jojo's anime adaptation is now officially an over 10 years project.
Jun 20, 2014 8:28 AM

Jul 2011
Was pretty much a given with this elaborate pacing and including all the Stands, but yeah. Good to hear nonetheless.

48 episodes is a tiny bit of a stretch though, there isn't quite that much content. Going to be interesting to see what they do to pad in those extra episodes. I can't imagine they would add their own fights, they will probably just extend a few fights to 2 parters and make DIO's World really long.

Also where in that tweet does it say there will be no break? Or was that posted somewhere else?
Jun 20, 2014 8:49 AM

Feb 2011
Very happy about this!
Jun 20, 2014 9:18 AM

Jul 2013
2014 confirmed best year for JoJo fans.

4 course if a bit of overkill but whatever. Think they're going a bit too slow this time around.
Jun 20, 2014 9:27 AM

Jan 2014
That's exciting!

I didn't expect part 3 to be this long

Jun 20, 2014 9:40 AM

Mar 2010
Kellhus said:
48 episodes is a tiny bit of a stretch though, there isn't quite that much content. Going to be interesting to see what they do to pad in those extra episodes. I can't imagine they would add their own fights, they will probably just extend a few fights to 2 parters and make DIO's World really long.

Someone on the JoJo forum guesstimated how the rest of it will pan out, using the current 3-4 chapters per episode pacing as a guide:
brianwuzhereJun 20, 2014 9:43 AM
Jun 20, 2014 9:54 AM
Aug 2011
It seems they are going all out.
Jun 20, 2014 9:58 AM

Jul 2011
brianwuzhere said:
Someone on the JoJo forum guesstimated how the rest of it will pan out, using the current 3-4 chapters per episode pacing as a guide

I did as well (posted it here) and it looks like we got more or less the same thing, but differ on late season 2. That stuff is just going to be hard to predict.

Jun 20, 2014 10:00 AM

May 2012
I came. Best news in a while.
Jun 20, 2014 10:28 AM

May 2014
I'm glad that Jojo part 3 get longer. But i personally think this decision is one way for the producers to test if this formula could work, cause ya know, part 4 and 5 are more or less episodic with one grand plot like Part 3. If this work, we'll get part 4, and maybe part 5, 6. If they don't...
Still, i'm happy. This news mean

for me =))
forgiuseJun 20, 2014 10:33 AM
Jun 20, 2014 10:31 AM
Mar 2012
Really great news. I was afraid they would end it at 2 cours, then resume again in half a year, finishing the series much later.
Jun 20, 2014 10:33 AM

Nov 2012
I'm so fucking happy. I had thought they would remove some content from the fights to so that each fight can last about 1 ep, but thank god that is not the case.

Though I wonder how much a BD box set for the whole series would cost...
Jun 20, 2014 10:38 AM

May 2013
That is great news. I am really happy right now :)
Jun 20, 2014 10:50 AM

Nov 2012
No wonder the pacing is like this, most of the episodes so far felt like fillers to me.
Jun 20, 2014 10:58 AM

Sep 2013
I was surprised initially that they are going all out. But it's just too popular.
Throw more Jojo at us because the masses will get rabid from withdrawal symptoms.
Jun 20, 2014 11:15 AM

Oct 2012
I'm sure David Pro know what they're doing.

/Faith
Jun 20, 2014 11:22 AM
Mar 2012
To put in this perspective, The Part 1 manga was 5 volumes long and Part 2 was 7 volumes. Compared to those two, Part 3 is a whooping 16 volume series. The first two parts are faster paced than Stardust Crusaders, so 4 cours is reasonable.
Jun 20, 2014 11:25 AM

Nov 2011
galimx said:
3-cour were optimal. Isn't 4-cour to long? They will need to add anime-original stuff or fillers or drag out the fights...
Dunno.

I think it could work well considering the amount of materials in SC. They will probably add some anime original stuff and extend some fight scenes.

And if we get lucky, there might be a tease for Diamond is Unbreakable in the finale. Maybe.
Jun 20, 2014 11:28 AM

Sep 2011
god bless the fucking world. Especially since its gonna be a straight run all the way to the end instead of splitting it up season by season.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 20, 2014 11:36 AM

Aug 2007
Akanezora said:
Didn't expect 4 Cour but fine, more JoJo is always welcomed

QFT.

Makes me wonder how many cours it will be for the other parts now?
Jun 20, 2014 11:43 AM
Mar 2012
Stark700 said:
I think it could work well considering the amount of materials in SC. They will probably add some anime original stuff and extend some fight scenes.

And if we get lucky, there might be a tease for Diamond is Unbreakable in the finale. Maybe.

The Empress arc was pretty much the 1/4 point of the series so I don't think there would be a need to have original content. Plus, the anime has been faithful so far, why start now just to fill the episode count? If anything, they'd drag out a few arcs.
Jun 20, 2014 11:52 AM

Nov 2011
alexpte said:
Stark700 said:

The Empress arc was pretty much the 1/4 point of the series so I don't think there would be a need to have original content. Plus, the anime has been faithful so far, why start now just to fill the episode count? If anything, they'd drag out a few arcs.

Eh, I didn't specifically say that The Empress Arc should get original content.

Regardless or not, it's up to the studio's choice. It could go either way and if they add additional content, I wouldn't mind. And your point about the anime relating to The Empress arc makes it sound like I want the studio to just adapt that part. My post meant more like more material added to the whole series together, not just The Empress Arc. It just means that the studio could add more stuff if they wanted to and hell, I wouldn't be mind at all since I enjoy the way this series has been adapting itself. If they remain faithful to the anime throughout this series, I would definitely like that even with additional content added. There were some already added (minor details) from some of the previous details you know.

I expect this 4 cour to be faithful with some additional content added, possibly more of Hol Horse since I enjoy the entertainment he brings out from this show. There's also another main character coming into the show and he gets a lot more screen time later on. I wouldn't mind the studio enhance the experience of his presence if they add additional material.

Bottom line is:
This is faithful so far and I'm glad to see that. I don't give a shit if they drag out any arc which I doubt they will anyways. It will probably just be minor materials added in. And from my point, it should be obvious this would be extended beyond a 2 cour and with 4 cour confirmed, the content would be both faithful and enjoyable as long as they don't omit any important details.
Stark700Jun 20, 2014 12:09 PM
Jun 20, 2014 12:07 PM

Apr 2009
Oh man I'm so relieved. Not that there would be enough episodes to adapt the entire manga, I always had faith in that, I'm so glad that SC isn't gonna be broken up into two seasons. Playing ASB is just enough JoJo to tide me over until the next JoJo Friday, I just wouldn't be able to handle any breaks in the middle of a part.

Jun 20, 2014 12:43 PM

Jun 2013
Can anyone explain to me what this means?
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Jun 20, 2014 12:43 PM

Sep 2012
Happy fucking birth day.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Jun 20, 2014 12:44 PM

Mar 2010
DivineTrinity said:
Akanezora said:
Didn't expect 4 Cour but fine, more JoJo is always welcomed

QFT.

Makes me wonder how many cours it will be for the other parts now?

I think all of next parts until SBR will have the same amount of episodes. The differences in lenght aren't that big. You can easily split that 20 chapters for ~48 episodes, considering that SC has rather slow pacing and some of filler scenes. Half of a chapter more for one episode is next to nothing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2014 12:46 PM
Mar 2012
Stark700 said:

The Empress arc already aired, why would I comment whether the anime should add original content to it? Like you said, you meant adding more content to the series as a whole, and I assumed that was what you meant. I was just pointing out that I think there is no need to add original content, in which I personally assumed was some sort of original subplot or other variant that would affect the development of the series from what galimx posted and you reiterated since there is enough material not to do so. I'm well aware that minor details were added in the anime since 3-4 chapters that could be read in minutes need to fill in a full episode.

If the studio decides to stray away from the original source to add things in, I'm perfectly fine with that. I never said I'd hate it since I have yet to see what they would add if they choose do to so. My conjecture is as usual for most series that add original non-minor content to a series I enjoy is that I would still enjoy it anyways, perhaps even liking it more than usual. My bottom line is that I will once again reiterate that there is no need to add original material (non-minor ones) since there is enough content to last 4 cours. Perhaps I should add after is that I'd be perfectly fine on the off chance that they do.

Dimitrije1606 said:

It means that instead of 24ish episodes (2 cour), it'd be around 48ish episodes (4 cours). One cour basically means one season.
Jun 20, 2014 12:56 PM

Jun 2009
I for one am happy to hear this.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 20, 2014 12:59 PM
Apr 2012
4 cour works out perfectly. I calculated the total amount of episodes they would need based on the pace they were going before, and it was about 51-52 episodes. Looks like they are going to continue on the same pace and cover absolutely everything.
Jun 20, 2014 1:00 PM

Jun 2013
alexpte said:
Stark700 said:

The Empress arc already aired, why would I comment whether the anime should add original content to it? Like you said, you meant adding more content to the series as a whole, and I assumed that was what you meant. I was just pointing out that I think there is no need to add original content, in which I personally assumed was some sort of original subplot or other variant that would affect the development of the series from what galimx posted and you reiterated since there is enough material not to do so. I'm well aware that minor details were added in the anime since 3-4 chapters that could be read in minutes need to fill in a full episode.

If the studio decides to stray away from the original source to add things in, I'm perfectly fine with that. I never said I'd hate it since I have yet to see what they would add if they choose do to so. My conjecture is as usual for most series that add original non-minor content to a series I enjoy is that I would still enjoy it anyways, perhaps even liking it more than usual. My bottom line is that I will once again reiterate that there is no need to add original material (non-minor ones) since there is enough content to last 4 cours. Perhaps I should add after is that I'd be perfectly fine on the off chance that they do.

Dimitrije1606 said:

It means that instead of 24ish episodes (2 cour), it'd be around 48ish episodes (4 cours). One cour basically means one season.

Thanks.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Jun 20, 2014 1:33 PM

Jul 2010
Good day to be alive.
Jun 20, 2014 1:37 PM
Dec 2013
Is anyone else afraid that "Diamond is Unbreakable" is going to bomb and that will spell the end for DP's adaptation of the entire Jojo franchise?

I heard it was the least popular part in Japan :(
Jun 20, 2014 1:44 PM

Jul 2010
lolwoot a whole year with jojo, best news ever XD
Jun 20, 2014 1:58 PM

Nov 2011
Dimitrije1606 said:

It means Stardust Crusaders will be ~50 episodes, with no breaks.
Jun 20, 2014 2:51 PM
Nov 2013
sjack said:
Is anyone else afraid that "Diamond is Unbreakable" is going to bomb and that will spell the end for DP's adaptation of the entire Jojo franchise?

I heard that SBR was Japan's least favorite part. Plus, Part 4's Jojo is Araki's favorite, so I don't see why it wouldn't go over well. Plus, it's a spectacular part in general. I feel your fears are unwarranted.
Jun 20, 2014 3:01 PM
Dec 2013
thenacho1 said:
. I feel your fears are unwarranted.

I truly hope that to be the case. I want part 4 to get the justice it deserves.
Jun 20, 2014 3:34 PM

Nov 2011
thenacho1 said:
sjack said:

I heard that SBR was Japan's least favorite part. Plus, Part 4's Jojo is Araki's favorite, so I don't see why it wouldn't go over well. Plus, it's a spectacular part in general. I feel your fears are unwarranted.

"Japan's least favorite" is kind of a meaningless title. The part that sold the worst by far was Stone Ocean, but that's because it was being published in the wrong magazine. If he just switched to Ultra Jump with the beginning of Part 6, it would have done so much better.
Jun 20, 2014 4:18 PM

Dec 2010
This is fantastic news! I didn't think it would be this long, since it was only supposed to be 24 episodes. I've never read the manga, so I wasn't aware of how much material there was still left to cover. I'm definitely up for it. Stardust Crusaders fixes nearly every single problem I had with the first series, and for that I am grateful!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2014

132 by JosVoogt21 »»
Apr 20, 6:46 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - May 9, 2014

167 by fgowy »»
Apr 13, 11:37 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

159 by HilariousPerson »»
Apr 9, 8:34 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akanezora - Sep 12, 2014

276 by Will_Keisuke_ »»
Mar 27, 6:11 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2014

217 by OVERJRIVE »»
Jan 23, 5:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.