Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2014 2:36 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
uh what

I demand so many explanations of how everyone suddenly was alive
Jun 20, 2014 2:43 PM

Mar 2014
Well the finale. Barely descent imo, nothing special. An overall 5/10 from me.

Damn everyone was alive?... Get serious.....

I think what this series missed was Urobuchi, he would have potential to make this better.
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Jun 20, 2014 2:50 PM

Apr 2013
What did the show tried to accomplish?
What a lame ending. The EDs were great though, especially this last one.
Jun 20, 2014 2:51 PM

Apr 2012
At some point I got confused at Nio VS Tokaku. They should have used Nio's VA once the ruse was discovered...

KIRIGAYA AND CHITARU ARE ALIVE! YES!!!!!!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jun 20, 2014 2:58 PM

Feb 2013
This episode blew my mind ...

I think that all the assasins risked their lifes for the sake of Haru clan that's why they are all alive now .

it's rewatch time , i must comprehend the whole series to make the AnR AMV .

AoJun 20, 2014 3:05 PM
Jun 20, 2014 3:03 PM

Jun 2013
Really?????

What a let down, this ending

Good episode until the last part...
Jun 20, 2014 3:18 PM

Aug 2013
sorry but that ending brought the show down from a 9 to a 6 for me.
Jun 20, 2014 3:19 PM

Dec 2012
Shakkin-shitsuji said:
AliasAngel said:
i had no subs so hardly understood anything,what happened when Haru got stabbed?
really confusing episode guess 8/10 but i like happy endings.

Well, if you don't have subs it's sure to be confusing...
When she got stabbed the knife touched the bones and didn't pierced the heart. A BS theory...
Apart from the first episode it was one of the worst anime this spring.

Correction - one of her ribs was made out of titanium due to a previous injury. So because of the fact that she's been injured over and over again (scars anyone?) that much is plausible.

But how on earth did EVERYONE survive? I could see Nio surviving due to her lineage. Those tattoos obviously account for more. So it's plausible her abilities extend further then explained which is why she survived.

But "the princess", Chitaru, and, Hitsugi should have died. Or AT THE VERY LEAST Chitaru and Hitsugi. So what the hell happened? They poisoned each other.

Hell I'm confused about most of this episode. I got the ending I wanted, but due to the characters being "resurrected" it really cheapened it for me. Did the chairwoman somehow hit a damn reset button due to Tokaku wishing for Haru to live a peaceful life?

So what about this special episode? I didn't hear anything about that. Just the "Preview" with Tokaku presumably getting the correct answer on the riddle. Or was that the preview for the "special episode?"

EDIT: Sorry only one of them was poisoned. The show went by so fast I can't remember which one it was. But one got stabbed while the other was poisoned. Oh that's right, Hitsugi was stabbed presumably in the heart. Chitaru poisoned herself. So how on EARTH did they BOTH survive?

They went totally left field with this "happy end." Not sure on my rating. This episode? 2/5 because of the huge ass plot hole EVEN THOUGH I wanted the "Yuri end." Overall series? 7/10 I guess. Was an 8 or 9. But that ending just screwed it all up. The special episode better do something to fix this.
xPreatorianxJun 20, 2014 3:24 PM
Jun 20, 2014 3:23 PM

Jan 2013
plz no season 2 of this shit
Jun 20, 2014 3:25 PM
Aug 2012
why in the heck did tokaku try kill haru anyone know? it cant jst be because she belives wat some other person tells her over believing in the person she loves makes no sense after woulds u wld be like oh i wasnt controlled then oh my best and only friend is dead now what lol seriously wtf show

some of the characters that where definatly dead where still alive like the romeo and juliet ones she took a lethal dose of poison if she was taken to hospital the others would have known she wasnt dead so i assume they didnt so is she like imune to poisons. the 2nd queen fell from a sky scrapper and some how lived wth wth wth crapiest story in along time there was no real backstory into harus scares in as the actual event of how they where gained a flash back wld be nice

hopefully the special explains the reason behind tokaku attacking haru and some insight on her scares
kingfelix92Jun 20, 2014 3:31 PM
Jun 20, 2014 3:30 PM

Apr 2013
ok either i missed some very important story bits or what the hell happend at the end.

and it looks like i was right. only way to prove whether tokaku was hypnotized or not by a queen bee power was to see if she could kill haru

like i get giving those that survived an ending but some were clearly dead. i really do not mind the happy ending but atleast give explanations.

-sumireko survived the fall because of her half cyborg body?

-shiena who got poisoned by hitsugi only got poisoned by a weak poison?

-chitaru survived hitsugi's poison because hitsugi had an antidote and got lucky that she did not die to the knife herself so she was able to save chitaru?

-isuke only got knocked out instead of getting killed by tokaku because tokaku was never controlled by the queen bee power and made to kill to protect haru, therefore that whole shrine thingy preventing tokaku from killing still applys?

if they wanted to go for that everyone lives ending they should have never clearly shown some of the characters dying.

----

in the end decent show that suffers from being a bit too formulaic for the most part of the series aswell as the weird ending

shows based on on going mangas just never really work out if they go for an anime only ending

liked pretty much all characters and every single one would make for a great main character in their own series

loved the character designs and the different endings

would not mind a remake once the manga is done
Jun 20, 2014 3:53 PM

Mar 2012
Bad finale. Bad show. Final score: bad/bad
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 20, 2014 3:55 PM

Dec 2013
Decent episode, Great show. Personally I didn't have a problem with the ending. Particularly the fact that everyone survived. One of the underlying themes in this show has been the hardships/problems that each of the girls faced before their enrollment in the black class, and during their enrollment, and it's nice to see some of them overcome their problems.

The only characters in the ending that I kinda raised an eyebrow at were Hitsugi and Chitaru. However, when you think about it, they "died" on stage during a play. It seems the play was really just that. A play.

Again, decent episode, and great show overall imo.
Kuro_YuukiJun 20, 2014 4:10 PM
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jun 20, 2014 3:56 PM
Jun 2014
So what I got from reddit was that Tokaku was really trying to kill Haru, and at the beginning it was Nio that saved her. What a twist. I kinda figured, but it makes sense now.

Mar 2012
kingfelix92 said:
why in the heck did tokaku try kill haru anyone know? it cant jst be because she belives wat some other person tells her over believing in the person she loves makes no sense after woulds u wld be like oh i wasnt controlled then oh my best and only friend is dead now what lol seriously wtf show

Tokaku tried to kill Haru to prove that she could because that somehow proves that Haru wasn't manipulating her (wut r logics?). Basically I think the point was that if Haru had the primer, then Tokaku would not have been able to stab her. Don't worry; it doesn't make sense.

Dashingfella said:
So what I got from reddit was that Tokaku was really trying to kill Haru, and at the beginning it was Nio that saved her. What a twist. I kinda figured, but it makes sense now.

Yeah, I'm 99% that's what happened.

May 2012
Titanium ribs and nobody died.

I regret watching this. 4/10.
Jun 20, 2014 4:00 PM
Mar 2014
well that wasnt that great and shiena never got an ending song....
Jun 20, 2014 4:16 PM

Jul 2012
So, in the end....it looks like....every single one of the assassin's that were in the Black Class......are now living peaceful-like lives? o-o Huh? I would've thought at least 3 of them died.....oh well...

Haru was killed by Tokaku--
NOT!
I really thought she did, but nope. :P Something about having a titanium like rib cage. o-o Sounds painful. :P

It was an alright anime....overall.... :/ I just wished there was a lot more fighting scenes between each assassin, but, we didn't get a lot except around the last few episodes. :/

In conclusion, good anime. :3
Jun 20, 2014 4:17 PM
May 2014
Liked the anime. Made me laugh at how dumb some parts were.
Jun 20, 2014 4:18 PM

Jul 2011
Would've been better if the dead stayed dead. The happy ending ruined it for me specially for characters like kirigaya and chitaru. Haru being alive felt like the whole thing about Tokaku killing her was a joke. How can we actually say that Haru didn't influence Tokaku to target that specific area to blatantly miss the heart. Haru still wanted to survive until the at that point. Truly disappointing.
Jun 20, 2014 4:22 PM

Jun 2009
Sourire said:
yeah this was as bad as Danganronpa, maybe even worse..
U kidding Danganrondpa was epic!
Jun 20, 2014 4:36 PM

Nov 2013
Wow, the chairman is a really nice person, huh. Treating all those who "died."

So like, that was pointless.
Jun 20, 2014 4:44 PM

May 2010
That ending was just a little too happy, and very rushed. I thought those two girls had died in the Romeo and Juliet play? Guess not. Overall this show had some good moments and interesting characters, but didn't have enough time to form a fully fleshed plot.

Overall: 6/10
Jun 20, 2014 4:50 PM

Oct 2010
dat ending.... what happened???? Is this what Tokaku wished for?
Jun 20, 2014 4:50 PM
May 2014
I thought the series became decent since Ep 10 (and that Romeo x Juliet ep where someone actually died...JUST KIDDING *sigh*), and I was expecting some mind-blowing revelations this episode, especially with Nio and the male teacher, but what did we get here...

First half of the ep was fine though they downplayed Nio. Second half just dug down plot holes and unleashed heaps of plot devices for the sake of a tryhard happy ending.

5/10 - I find the ED good.
Jun 20, 2014 5:07 PM
Jul 2018
Well.. how should i say this. I have quite mixed feelings about that end..
The ending was too happy, IMO.. the 1st half of the episode was good but the last 10 minutes was...
Dropped my score to 7.5/10, i guess.. very great ED song though!
This was such an enjoyable anime(let's just pretend that the last ep doesn't exist!) overall ;;
Jun 20, 2014 5:08 PM
Nov 2013
To be honest, I was kinda hoping this series would have a tragic ending but a happy ending is nice too I guess.

5/10 from me. Not good but not too bad either.
Jun 20, 2014 5:10 PM

Dec 2013
Apparently, there is supposed to be a episode 13...

Anyways, wow.. I honestly don't know how I feel. I'm not sure if I like the ending or not... huh.
TobiJun 20, 2014 6:42 PM
Jun 20, 2014 5:12 PM
Jun 2014
Atikal said:

it probably is, or maybe not...it was strange
Jun 20, 2014 5:12 PM

Aug 2013
It says on AnR's manga page that it's still on-going so if that's to be believed then what we saw was just an anime original ending. There might still be chance to save AnR lol

If this was really how it's supposed to end then I must say "what was that?!" I thought it was going to be an emotional battle but it turns out Tokaku-sword was actually Nio because of her ability as a shaman? Huh?

Then in the end, Real-Tokaku stabs Haru and believes she died. Nope, sorry try again. Haru has....wait for it....TITANIUM RIBS! Huh?

So Haru lived and we got to see everyone in the Black Class were all safe and happy.

I like happy endings but this...this was just...my head hurts.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 20, 2014 5:14 PM

Nov 2011
Ahaha.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jun 20, 2014 5:37 PM

Oct 2010
The ending was just downright stupid. The first half was fine with Tokaku vs. NioTokaku, and Tokaku 'killing' Haru, but then the second half had to happen. Honestly the titanium ribs thing was just stupid. Hell why not just let Haru die cuz of titanium poisoning in her body since she never even noticed them since forever. And all the other assassins lived too...seriously. I'm pretty sure the Romeo-Juliet couple, Hanabusa, and Nio should have died. All that tension would for nothing. Overall the anime was about 7.5 (rounded to 8) and this ep was 6/10.
Jun 20, 2014 5:47 PM

Jan 2011
This ending is bs. It ruins the entire series.
8/10 btw. Isuke sama is adorable.
Jun 20, 2014 5:59 PM
Jun 2014
Tokaku wanting to kill Haru bumps up the score for me. You can tell it's really Nio that protects Haru at the beginning. Tokaku takes out her knife from the left after she kicks Nio, so assuming they don't change positions, Nio grins from the right and stays there till she is knocked down and reveals herself.

Something I'm wondering though. What did Nio mean by Haru's wish being that she wants to kill, and that she was pretending to be Azuma Tokaku? Does that mean Tokaku was Haru the entire time?
Jun 20, 2014 6:21 PM

Sep 2013
nunesrl said:
Atikal said:

it probably is, or maybe not...it was strange

I think Tokaku wished that everyone be FORGIVEN and the org. did it, except for Takechi who only got several years in jail, I guess not even the org. could fully forgive her :(
Jun 20, 2014 6:39 PM

Sep 2010
KumoKyu said:
A 1 episode special is supposed to air on Dec 17, 2014... Hope it cleans up the ending.

Watch it be an hot springs/fanserivce episode. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 20, 2014 6:43 PM

Mar 2014
Aww that was a nice bittersweet ending. I have lots of mixed feeling about this anime but it was fun to watch.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jun 20, 2014 6:43 PM
Jun 2014
xchee said:
It says on AnR's manga page that it's still on-going so if that's to be believed then what we saw was just an anime original ending. There might still be chance to save AnR lol

If this was really how it's supposed to end then I must say "what was that?!" I thought it was going to be an emotional battle but it turns out Tokaku-sword was actually Nio because of her ability as a shaman? Huh?

Then in the end, Real-Tokaku stabs Haru and believes she died. Nope, sorry try again. Haru has....wait for it....TITANIUM RIBS! Huh?

So Haru lived and we got to see everyone in the Black Class were all safe and happy.

I like happy endings but this...this was just...my head hurts.

It wasn't Nio with the sword. The part where Azuma throws a knife at Nio, and it goes through her proves it.
Jun 20, 2014 6:44 PM

Apr 2012
I see the ending and don't get it .__.
Jun 20, 2014 6:51 PM

Aug 2012

Not that I'm surprised, but bullshit writing all the way to the end. Never have I gotten less payoff from a happy ending, this isn't the kind of show you want or expect nobody to die, especially when a lot of them were given 'death scenes' for emotional value. Suzu was the only thing that saved this for me.
Jun 20, 2014 6:59 PM

Jan 2011
ALL i have to say is fuck this show with this BS ending! i was sticking with it this whole time hoping for some kind of payoff but instead we got this

"Ha you thought people were actually gonna die? nope!"

6/10 just because the EDs were the best damn part about this
Jun 20, 2014 7:09 PM

Mar 2012
AlexTheRiot said:

I was like: WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?
They were never dead? Holy shit, I thought they were all dead... So... most of them aren't assassins anymore, they're just going to live their lives normally? I mean like... they trained all their lives to kill and then they just decide to live normal lives, OK ._.
Jun 20, 2014 7:42 PM

Apr 2007
An assassin show where no one dies, huh

Well now I can only hope there will be more delicious Isuke-sama in the special.
Jun 20, 2014 7:47 PM

Mar 2014
Idk how they are all alive, but whatever it was a happy ending so I'm happy. :)
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Jun 20, 2014 8:05 PM

Aug 2013
Overall a mediocre yet enjoyable to watch show, but I'm sorry that ending was fucking bullshit. Fucking. Bull. Shit.

I could deal with the whole Haru being miraculously alive and graduating since they were obviously going for a happy ending, but some of that was just...I cant even put it into words.

Nio lived somehow...I GUESS that's ok. Hanabusa lived, I expected that. But then Hitsugi and Chitaru lived!?! I'm sorry what the fuck is with that? They were dead dead in their episode. Like kill confirmed. Then Banba all of a sudden gets rid of her split personality and becomes a normal person? Why? How is she suddenly sane enough to handle the real world?

Apparently there is going to be a special episode at some point? Don't know what the hell it could be about. The anime was actually significantly better than the manga, so it's not like the anime missed something and needs to back track through an OVA. It's going to have to be an episode about post-class black. Basically we get to see everybody living their boring daily lives, and have no fight scenes, and have maybe minimum yuri. Yay.
Jun 20, 2014 8:18 PM

Dec 2012
These must be the most incompetent assassins I've ever seen.

Mostly looking forward to the special for more Shiena screentime. Liking the most irrelevant girl is suffering.
Jun 20, 2014 8:21 PM

Aug 2012
damocles943 said:
These must be the most incompetent assassins I've ever seen.
But wait, all of their incompetence was because of the primer, right? lol it's like a cure all for bad writing.
Jun 20, 2014 8:28 PM

May 2011
I think some of you are misunderstanding the ending of this anime. Tokaku was granted any wish she wanted because she survived the black class, so she turned back time to save the others. I know it's not the ending everyone wanted, but it does make sense to why they would chose this ending.
Jun 20, 2014 8:31 PM

Mar 2014
this show was not about some1 getting assassinated.

it was about some1 trying to survive.

all the assassins had only one target, that target's only protector didn't have the ability to kill until the later half.

it would make sense that the "queen" would get new body parts, she has been hunted for her whole life.

only thing that's weird is how Romeo and Juliet are still alive. especially Romeo since she drank Poison.
Jun 20, 2014 8:31 PM

Mar 2014
sarahsillysloth said:
I think some of you are misunderstanding the ending of this anime. Tokaku was granted any wish she wanted because she survived the black class, so she turned back time to save the others. I know it's not the ending everyone wanted, but it does make sense to why they would chose this ending.

._. wat?
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2014

129 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

124 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2014

179 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Male version of akuma no riddle

CrimsonCandy - Jun 8, 2014

14 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 27, 2023 8:11 PM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

311 by VonNaturAustreVe »»
Oct 11, 2022 6:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.