Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Manga and Light Novel Rankings for Jun 9 - 15

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 20, 2014 12:17 PM

Oct 2013
ichii_1 said:
-Okami said:
^I read Toriko i don't say it isn't good but lol 100 million? Even SnK which got the highest hype in last years barely made 38 millions.Chances for Toriko to even reach 50 no even 45 million are low.And we are the peak now,just sayin'.

SNK will end in 2 or 3 years because it's a short series (for popular shounen standards)

Bleach has over 82 million in sales ;)

Toriko is a little under 1/3 of the way done and it's peak will begin next chapter XD
Toriko will succeed in the long run and the anime should come back in a year or so, even the voice actors and the TV station feel it will come back.

Toriko started in 2008, it took toriko 6 years to sell 20 million volume copies, Toriko is at volume 30 and you said the mangaka has announce that it will end around volume 100 right? So going by the trend, toriko would make 70 million in sales, that's if toriko continues to sell at its normal pace. Which is not happening at the moment.

Now for attack on titan it started in 2009, it made 8 million in the first half, let's say attack on titan made 14 million in the entire year this year, attack on titan will end around 2017, so even if titan makes just 10 million sold copies for the the next 3 years, it would still have more overall sales than toriko. Attack on titan would make about 75 million. It could be higher but I predict the sales will drop after everyone has bought the older volumes.
keragammingJun 20, 2014 12:21 PM
Jun 20, 2014 1:03 PM

Sep 2013
The 65 million is if it keeps it's current pace but it will obviously jump in sales and don't give that "no it won't with no anime" BS.

SNK sells great, yes, BUT IT'S A SHORT SERIES and that will be it's downfall.

I see you have some good taste

but Yozora>>>>>Sena XD just saiyan
Jun 20, 2014 1:36 PM

Oct 2013
ichii_1 said:
The 65 million is if it keeps it's current pace but it will obviously jump in sales and don't give that "no it won't with no anime" BS.

SNK sells great, yes, BUT IT'S A SHORT SERIES and that will be it's downfall.

I see you have some good taste

but Yozora>>>>>Sena XD just saiyan

Yea, let's just end this argument for now. I'll be looking to see if toriko comes back into the top 30 this year.

No, NO! Sena >>>> Yozora. She's blonde how can you resist that? ;)
Jun 20, 2014 1:41 PM

Dec 2012
^ Why do you hate Toriko? you didn't even read it?
Jun 20, 2014 1:48 PM

Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:

I watch the anime.
Jun 20, 2014 2:30 PM

Nov 2012
keragamming said:
tsudecimo said:

I watch the anime.

the anime has removed parts, a filler character (tina) cencored blood,gore and the cooking fest arc was ruined ( bad animation, cencored) and they changed the whole ending ( filler ending) of the arc

i recommend you to read the manga at the beginning of cooking fest ^^
Jun 20, 2014 2:32 PM

Nov 2012
aboe said:
keragamming said:

I watch the anime.

the anime has removed parts, a filler character (tina) cencored blood,gore and the cooking fest arc was ruined ( bad animation, cencored) and they changed the whole ending ( filler ending) of the arc

the toriko manga is equal to hunter x hunter and one piece in my eyes :p
Jun 20, 2014 5:45 PM

Oct 2012
Snow said:

Light Novels and Anime/Manga related books
*1. 33,536 100,718 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Vol.10

Source: Oricon Youtaiju

Previous Week's Ranking

I bought this. Haha

But I think I'll buy the rest depending on how good the anime is I guess.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Jun 20, 2014 11:23 PM

Aug 2013
I don't pay attention to everything that goes on in this thread, so can someone enlighten me as to what is it that ichii_1 and keragamming have been bantering for few pages on end actually about?
Jun 21, 2014 12:46 AM
Oct 2012
OP never bored to read no matter how time much time flies.
Jun 21, 2014 3:36 AM
Feb 2012
Gimme Horizon 3 already. Yeah, yeah, I know it's not happening because of >reasons but I still *want* it to happen. At least I can buy the volume and support the series...
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 21, 2014 3:53 AM

Apr 2013
I'm always saying that Horizon will never get a 3rd series, but I sure would have liked it to happen. And not only a third, but next ones as well. While Horizon isn't a LN fit to be animated due to the sheer amount of info dump/explanations needed to understand what's happening properly, someone who has already read the novels can sit and just enjoy the animation without any trouble to understand what's going on.
So many awesome fights in the next arcs.
Jun 21, 2014 6:59 AM

Jul 2012
aboe said:
aboe said:

the toriko manga is equal to hunter x hunter and one piece in my eyes :p

Somehow this doesn't sound right at all.
-OkamiJun 21, 2014 7:28 AM

I painted my teary face with a disguised smile[COLOR=#ff3333] and pretended it was a cry out of joy.[/COLOR]

Jun 23, 2014 4:21 PM

May 2008
GOOOO ONE PIECE GOOOOOO
Jun 25, 2014 1:52 PM
Jun 2010
Zefyris said:
Snow said:

*3. 26,915 *26,915 Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon Vol.7 Part 3 (Vol.18)
*9. *9,320 309,365 Bannou Kanteishi Q no Jikenbo Vol.1
12. *7,479 124,770 No Game No Life Vol.1
13. *7,269 106,327 No Game No Life Vol.6
15. *7,015 112,397 No Game No Life Vol.3
16. *6,980 116,627 No Game No Life Vol.5
17. *6,975 104,908 No Game No Life Vol.4
18. *6,767 137,041 Bannou Kanteishi Q no Jikenbo Vol.9
20. *6,610 115,875 No Game No Life Vol.2
22. *6,438 207,802 Bannou Kanteishi Q no Jikenbo Vol.2[/url]

^_ All of the titles quoted above, I bought them during June 9-15 so I'm participating here!
Without me those titles would have sold one less volume~

....Yes, only one less, I know x].

But wow; I'm participating in 10 volumes among the 23 light novels listed this week. I think that's the first time I ever reached such number.
Almost bought claymore 26, could have had one on the manga side as well, heh.

Still, nice to see those titles doing well. Horizon is slowly selling less it seems. Well, it has to be expected after so much pages I guess~
Bannou Kanteishi Q no Jikenbo still has the drama boost and No Game No Life the anime boost.

How's the Horizon series? I wanted to start them, but the sheer massiveness of the books seemed to much for me. Wanted to ask since our taste in light novels seems to match. Especially, Rokka no Yuusha.
Jun 25, 2014 1:53 PM
Jun 2010
Harutora said:
*4. 17,873 *17,873 Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Vol.2

ANIMEEEEEEEEEEE CMONNN

Oratario any good? I've read the original ones, but not the spinoff.
Jun 26, 2014 3:59 AM

Apr 2013
bioober said:
Zefyris said:

^_ All of the titles quoted above, I bought them during June 9-15 so I'm participating here!
Without me those titles would have sold one less volume~

....Yes, only one less, I know x].

But wow; I'm participating in 10 volumes among the 23 light novels listed this week. I think that's the first time I ever reached such number.
Almost bought claymore 26, could have had one on the manga side as well, heh.

Still, nice to see those titles doing well. Horizon is slowly selling less it seems. Well, it has to be expected after so much pages I guess~
Bannou Kanteishi Q no Jikenbo still has the drama boost and No Game No Life the anime boost.

How's the Horizon series? I wanted to start them, but the sheer massiveness of the books seemed to much for me. Wanted to ask since our taste in light novels seems to match. Especially, Rokka no Yuusha.

Well, that would be opposite of rokka no yuusha I would say, in that the only problem I found on Rokka no Yuusha is the lack of descriptions. Horizon has info dump everywhere. Rather than not having enough description, you have explanations for everything.

Horizon's simply the best world building I ever saw in a book (LN and novel altogether). I read quite a good amount with a fantasy/ science fiction settings, but never saw such thing before. Not only that, but the setting is extremely original as well, so managing to make a logical world building in a such weird world is far more difficult than it would be on more "normal" settings. History, economy, religion, war strategies, ethnicities, and so on, every things are covered and very convincing.

Scenario by arc are really interesting as well, because it's really NOT predictable. You know where you start, but it's more often than not impossible to predict which direction it will take.

Lots of cool characters, with very tactical and epic battles (sure enough, you have a lot of info dump to pass. But when fighting start, you're in for 400-600 pages with a lot of epic/strategic battles everywhere, so it's fairly well balanced in the end).

I really like negotiations (both political and economical) in Horizon as well. They are convincing and you really feel that people negotiating are smart and know their job. Some of the most convincing negotiations I ever read are in there.

Humor sometimes require extended knowledge on the otaku culture to be understood. Not all, it mostly depends on which character do the joke. Even so, removing some difficult to understand jokes, the remaining ones are still fairly numerous and funny.

All in all, Horizon is gigantic. Not only by the size of its books, and not only by the sizes of the chest of some girl ( that point is just satoyasu's style~ ); but by the word created, the amount of characters involved, the amount of details, epicness (several ship bigger than 2km long, 120m long dragons, gigantic bushin, and so on), originality...

Definitely worth reading. Info dump can be a bit harsh to pass at first (especially if you're going to read it in japanese), but the result is worth it, because all this info dump is necessary to enjoy what comes next each time.
ZefyrisJun 26, 2014 4:03 AM
Jun 26, 2014 7:27 AM
Jun 2010
Zefyris said:

Alright, I'll try giving it a shot. Thanks for the recommendation.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
12 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.